Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 08-15-2001, 01:01 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondering. I'm heading over to UTD's admissions now to try and get a late app in. Can't believe I'm going back to school..and to UTD [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Oh well..I think I just had way too much fun at SMU..now I think I actually have to study and stuff [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] There's like a million science classes I have to take before I can get my med school app in. ARGH!

On a brighter note, for the first time in the history of EVER (in Murph's words - [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) I'll finally be older than everyone else in my class!
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2001, 01:58 PM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

One of my friends just graduated from there, I think [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] . UTD or UTA, I always get them mixed up. Anyway, he's into all that internet/website design kinda stuff.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2001, 02:02 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

It was probably UTD if he was interested in computer science/programming. That's the field I'm pretty much looking to get out of. Too competitive, not much room for growth, and not enough jobs to go around. Though if you're a hardcore programmer, you should be able to pull $100-180/hour easily. My mom actually called me earlier to ask why I don't go into programming..heheh.
Old 08-16-2001, 05:49 AM   #4
NotEnuffEyesToSee

NotEnuffEyesToSee is on a distinguished road

100-180 bucks per hour easily ? that sounds great !!!
I'm interesting in programming and networking ... and HAND drawing
just for fun [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] tho ...
Too many lives to lead Not enough time
It's too late
NotEnuffEyesToSee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 11:01 AM   #5
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I got my undergrad degree in C.S. from UTD. Its a pretty good for C.S. and E.E... the best in the metroplex. Its a hell of a lot cheaper than SMU, but its nowhere NEAR as fun. The girls are horrid and if you want to go to a party you have to throw it yourself.

madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 11:49 AM   #6
djb
Administrator

Gawd I went to apply yesterday as a grad student and holy crap I totally don't want to go! I swear SMU totally spoils you..hell the UTD campus looks like a piece of crap! Yea yea this is all superficial shit..but madape's right..not a single damn good-looking girl to be seen! Hopefully once classes start I'll just focus on studying and working (noticed there's a hospital and a gym down the street).