Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-17-2001, 04:10 PM   #1
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

"what would you do if your son was at home, crying all night on the bedroom floor cuz he's hungry, and the only way to feed him is to sleep with the man for a little bit of money, and his daddy's gone, somewhere smoking crack now, in and out of lock down i aint gotta job now" sing it now...lol

Ok- I just heard it on the radio and I kinda dig it...
Old 08-17-2001, 04:22 PM   #2
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

The song is "What Would You Do" by City High. I kind of liked it when it first came out a few months back but the radio stations totally overplay it.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2001, 04:23 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

The remix version with Snoop Dogg's "Next Episode" is/was pretty cool.
Old 08-17-2001, 08:17 PM   #4
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Is that Country? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 07:02 PM   #5
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

I really dig Snoops Version.
And NO, its not country...lol
Old 08-19-2001, 03:35 PM   #6
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

I don't think anyone listens to my kinda music, but they have some really sweet new songs out. Here are some of my favorite...

Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood
NickelBack - How you remind me (Fav new song)
Blink 182 - Rock Show (not really new, but I really like it)
Weezer - Island in the Sun
Alien Ant Farm - Smooth Criminal (Michael Jackson remake)
Sum 41 - Fat Lip

Please tell me someone else likes at least one of these songs.
Old 08-19-2001, 03:37 PM   #7
djb
Administrator

I like all of them except for the first two, which I've never heard of.
Old 08-19-2001, 03:44 PM   #8
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

The new NickleBack song just came out. It starts out "I never made it as a wise man, I couldn't cut it as a poor man steelin' and this is how you remind me..."

The Gorillaz song's corus goes' "Hey happy, feelin' glad. I got sunshine in a bag. I'm useless, but not for long. The future is commin' on..." The rest is a rap song.
Old 08-19-2001, 04:09 PM   #9
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

The lyrics not bringing back any memories dj? The Gorrillaz song really doesn't have anything to do with Clint Eastwood, except that they play the introdution to The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly in the music video.
Old 08-19-2001, 04:15 PM   #10
djb
Administrator

Can't say they ring a bell..never heard of 'em.
Old 08-19-2001, 04:17 PM   #11
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

I was surprised you had heard of any of them. I thought you listened to techno music.
Old 08-19-2001, 04:22 PM   #12
djb
Administrator

Nah I listen to almost everything, but mainly rap and hiphop. I do love electronic stuff though like techno and trance (just burnt a copy of The Crystal Method's latest cd a few days ago). Mainstream pop and alternative are also usually on my latest mp3 playlists.
Old 08-20-2001, 09:47 AM   #13
NotEnuffEyesToSee

NotEnuffEyesToSee is on a distinguished road

"The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (1968)" movie theme is great,
I like lots of Ennio Morricone's music ... I love movie themes very much,
Especially European movie themes ... most of them are either French, Italian or German.
I love "Farinelly" and "Amadeus" OST ...
But right now I'm in "Arch Enemy" (Swidish Death Metal Band) and their female vocalist.
Angela Gossow is German. Her vocal is AMAZING ... you guys will NEVER believe her voice.

and last but not least "Radiohead".
Geddy Lee (Rush) said he's listening to their music right now,
Bono (U2) said their "The Bends" ablum is the greatest ever ...
anyway I'm so tired, I'd better get some sleep .....
Too many lives to lead Not enough time
It's too late
NotEnuffEyesToSee is offline   Reply With Quote