Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-29-2001, 04:00 PM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

So what's everybody doin for there extended Labor day weekend?

I'm probably going to San Antonio(not a definite yet) to visit my Grandma. Haven't been down there in a loooong time.

What about ya'll? Any plans?

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2001, 09:20 AM   #2
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i'm flying out of nashville tonight to go to springfield, MO. to visit my girl. i'll be getting back tuesday night. also going to Branson, MO. to meet her folks...
Old 08-30-2001, 02:08 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I'm moving home (ugh!) this weekend. I've also got an assload of homework to do [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 04:50 PM   #4
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Moving home? Where's home?

Old 08-30-2001, 05:12 PM   #5
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

That would be in far North Dallas near the tollway. You probably saw my neighborhood on tv a few years back when Michael Irvin was busted over at Erik Williams' place (he lives real close to my parents' house in the same gated community).

I'm not particularly thrilled about having to move home (haven't lived there since highschool, and I've spent the last three years living with my gf) but I doubt my min wage-paying hospital job will be able to pay for anything [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Don't want to be one of those losers living off their gfs either!
Old 08-30-2001, 05:55 PM   #6
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

ahhhh, I see. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2001, 06:03 PM   #7
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Well...I get to get up at 8:00 AM to go to football practice.
Old 08-30-2001, 06:05 PM   #8
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Mmmm fun. Atleast it's not like 110 degrees outside anymore.

Old 08-30-2001, 06:07 PM   #9
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Really! It hasn't been too hot during practice for the most part. But the humidity Monday almost killed me.
Old 08-31-2001, 04:10 PM   #10
mavs_afroman

mavs_afroman is on a distinguished road

Backlash,

Didn't you say that you went to SMU. That's where I'm going too. How did you like it?
Old 08-31-2001, 04:21 PM   #11
djb
Administrator

I graduated from SMU last May. What year are you? I think the school totally kicks ass..most everything except for the parking that is. But then again, I had nearly all my classes in Umph Lee the last couple semesters so I'd always just park over at Smoothie King or Coffee Haus.

I'm going to UTD now as a non-degree-seeking grad student. Decided I wanted to go to med school so now I have to take an assload of science classes (majored in Advertising at SMU..talk about a worthless degree) there. Been there a week and I still haven't seen a single decent-looking girl. Damn I miss SMU.
Old 08-31-2001, 05:08 PM   #12
mavs_afroman

mavs_afroman is on a distinguished road

I'm a freshman and I'm loving it so far. I'm pre-med too. Having to take Chem and Bio first semester isn't as bad as I thought even though the labs are boring and useless and time-consuming. Nothing's better than going to school from 11 to 2 and the girls are fine. BUT, the parking sucks! I have to park at the Moody parking garage but all of my classes are at Dallas Hall and Fondren Science bldg. 10 MINUTE WALK! Everything else is great though. Maybe I should try parking at the coffee house too.
Old 08-31-2001, 05:20 PM   #13
djb
Administrator

Is that the new garage they built over by Fondren? For my classes in Hyer and Fondren, I just parked in the sorority lot (garage wasn't open at the time).

A lot of my friends there started out pre-med, but the majority of them ended up switching majors after taking Organic and Genetics. Organic is a real b*tch. I plan on taking it at SMU next summer though since UTD only offers it during the Fall/Spring semesters. Right now I'm taking Bio II, Chem 1, Pscyh, Physics, and of course the stupid labs. I've got a looong way to go..hopefully I'll be done by next fall.

Oh and yea I totally miss all the girls.
Old 09-04-2001, 03:44 PM   #14
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I'm Back [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] . Man, that was the boringest vacations i've ever been on. There's absolutly NOTHING to do down there. Thank God I had the PS2 or i'd of gone insane.

Old 09-04-2001, 08:19 PM   #15
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

Rob, is SanAntonio that bad? I heard it was a real nice city, a great place to visit? Or is it because your a "local" its the same old same old?
Old 09-04-2001, 09:52 PM   #16
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Nah, SA's not that bad. I actually like it down there alot. It's just that my Grandma lives way outta the city. Gotta drive like 40 minutes just to get to the closest town. But also they had alot of bad weather so we couldn't go outside or nothing.

Old 09-04-2001, 09:58 PM   #17
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

And there's like NO sports down there either. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]