Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-17-2008, 09:56 PM   #1
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 14-10: Mavs defeat the Raps

Very nice three quarters of basketball after a rough first quarter.

Let's start with Jet. Holy cow what a game. It was comical to see people moaning about Jet's lack of aggressiveness because of Josh being back during that first quarter. I've voiced concern over that, but the negativity and leaping to conclusions in the GDT was hilarious.

Loved seeing Josh back on the floor tonight. He kept us in it during the crappy first quarter. The extra scoring was very nice, but you know Josh is not nearly right when you see him only pulling down one rebound. I'm very ready to see this team rolling with a healthy Josh to see what they're capable of.

Dirk once again rolls out a nice night. He had the balled swiped from him too many times, but Dirk was there when it counted, and that Jet/Dirk pick and roll is just so, so money. And it always has been.

Let me get this out of the way right here: I'm a huge fan of what Kidd does for this basketball team. I will always trumpet his intangibles, his plays that don't show up in box scores. However, the last few games have reminded me a lot of last season where Kidd is concerned. He's not making his presence felt on the offense right now. As the team continues to move more towards the pick and roll offense and away from the motion, I really hope Carlisle and Kidd continue to find creative ways to take advantage of his talent.

I thought Damp played a pretty nice second half. He's playing really solid ball this season, and the drop off when he's not on the court is dramatic.

I thought the bench players (Jet is not a bench player) all represented themselves relatively well. Barea needs to work on his floater I think.

One thing I'm mystified by: I've let go of the Green thing. I was irritated that he didn't play more while people were hurt, but he really wasn't playing well enough to justify getting time while everyone is healthy.

However, what Carlisle is doing with Wright mystifies me. Wright was playing good, confident basketball before his injury. He's a good defender, and he bring a better offensive game than George. George has been defending well, but I don't understand why you don't continue to roll with Wright at the SG and see if he can contiue to contribute support points. Especially when you consider that his specialty is attacking the basket, an area of weakness on this team.

Good win tonight, I'm ready for Friday.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 12-17-2008 at 10:04 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2008, 09:58 PM   #2
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and Chris Bosh is a fantastic young player who's only going to get better. But if they every decide to call traveling on swtiching the pivot foot then he's going to have some adjusting to do.

That along with Jermaine immtating Ewing's famous three steps across the lane move really irritated me.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 12-17-2008, 09:59 PM   #3
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

hopefully the Nets get pissed about losing tonight and kill mavs Friday, not counting on it, but I think the Nets will be more fired up then ever when they play the mavs, mostly Carter and Harris
basketballgirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:00 PM   #4
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Did you mean to say that Josh kept us in it during a crappy first quarter? I didn't watch the game, but I can't imagine Josh ever keeping the Mavs in a game in the 4th . . .

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:00 PM   #5
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballgirl25 View Post
hopefully the Nets get pissed about losing tonight and kill mavs
We can only hope.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:01 PM   #6
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
hopefully the Nets get pissed about losing tonight and kill mavs Friday, not counting on it, but I think the Nets will be more fired up then ever when they play the mavs, mostly Carter and Harris
we can only hope

EDIT: wow that's funny.

Last edited by Caseman; 12-17-2008 at 10:01 PM.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:01 PM   #7
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Did you mean to say that Josh kept us in it during a crappy first quarter? I didn't watch the game, but I can't imagine Josh ever keeping the Mavs in a game in the 4th . . .
I'm not sure what you're talking about....

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 12-17-2008, 10:02 PM   #8
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Let's start with Jet. Holy cow what a game. It was comical to see people moaning about Jet's lack of aggressiveness because of Josh being back during that first quarter. I've voiced concern over that, but the negativity and leaping to conclusions in the GDT was hilarious.
It was me. But when they are on the floor at the same time, Terry seems to take a backseat to Howard. And it should be the other way around. Hopefully Carlisle will realize that when Howard gets healthy and plays more minutes.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:02 PM   #9
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman View Post
we can only hope

EDIT: wow that's funny.
Great minds.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:05 PM   #10
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree 100% with what you said in your post jthig.

I mentioned it sorta tongue and cheek in the GDT, but would it be terrible to keep Josh on a course like he was tonight? Let him get his normal early scoring, pretty much play all of the first quarter and then rest in the 2nd. Then get the action in the meat of the 2nd half. He didn't play at the end of the 4th, but I would probably have him in there once he's right. It minimizes the potential mistakes and ball-stopping tendencies. He scored 22 points in 20 minutes...that's Jet-like efficiency.

Kidd does seem to be going into that pass it off and go to the weakside style...it seems like the creativity has sort of gone down as of late. I really don't see why that should be the case. Maybe he is a little tired or it's just a natural slump.

Something is up between Carlisle and Wright and I don't like it at all. Wright might not be as savvy defensively, but he can be pretty sharp. He adds much more offensively with his slashing. I don't get it at all.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:06 PM   #11
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

Quote:
Great minds.
or equally idiotic.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:06 PM   #12
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
We can only hope.
yup so true, but I think for sure after losing this game Harris and Carter will have much better games friday.

on to the mavs, Did Dirk have a great game, I can only hope he seems to do better the next game when he has a crappy game
Old 12-17-2008, 10:07 PM   #13
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

Quote:
yup so true, but I think for sure after losing this game Harris and Carter will have much better games friday.

on to the mavs, Did Dirk have a great game, I can only hope he seems to do better the next game when he has a crappy game
you smell like ass
Old 12-17-2008, 10:08 PM   #14
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithXx View Post
or equally idiotic.
Pot, this is kettle. Kettle, pot.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:08 PM   #15
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
When you give up 96 points in quarters 2, 3, and 4...you've got issues.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:10 PM   #16
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
When you give up 96 points in quarters 2, 3, and 4...you've got issues.
I don't have issues, Nets have issues, but then again we do have Frank, he can seem like the best coach some times, so never lose faith, buddy
Old 12-17-2008, 10:12 PM   #17
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
you smell like ass
what? I don't get that at all because you are in Dallas and I am in NJ and know people can't smeel that far so you are odd
Old 12-17-2008, 10:13 PM   #18
LonghornDub

Quote:
I don't have issues,
This statement is the proverbial "fastball down the middle of the plate."

Old 12-17-2008, 10:13 PM   #19
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
However, what Carlisle is doing with Wright mystifies me. Wright was playing good, confident basketball before his injury. He's a good defender, and he bring a better offensive game than George. George has been defending well, but I don't understand why you don't continue to roll with Wright at the SG and see if he can contiue to contribute support points. Especially when you consider that his specialty is attacking the basket, an area of weakness on this team.
Big rep for this. It is truly an enigma. I wonder this everytime I see George. There must be something happening behind the scenes, because what is happening on the court does not justify George's minutes over Wright.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.

Last edited by Mavs Rule; 12-17-2008 at 10:18 PM.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:16 PM   #20
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't have issues, Nets have issues, but then again we do have Frank, he can seem like the best coach some times, so never lose faith, buddy
That's open to argument.

edit: man i am slow on my posts as of late

Last edited by rmacomic; 12-17-2008 at 10:16 PM.
rmacomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:18 PM   #21
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

What a game by Jet...he is truly a killer and a big shot maker. Good game by everyone...go Mavs

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:18 PM   #22
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

10 FTAs for the Mavs. 6 turnovers forced. 23 3pas.

got some things to work on. Otherwise, glad to get the W.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:19 PM   #23
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
what? I don't get that at all because you are in Dallas and I am in NJ and know people can't smeel that far so you are odd
you live in Jersey, therefore you smell like ass
Old 12-17-2008, 10:20 PM   #24
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

p.s. maybe having Kidd not as involved in the offense as everyone wanted is ultimately best for this team. They seem to be better at what they're used to. That might have been one of the things Avery was right about.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:21 PM   #25
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Can we make the damn recap thread about the Mavs and not basketballgirl?
Old 12-17-2008, 10:23 PM   #26
mavsgirl4134

mavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
you smell like ass
You're still gay.

Ok... I'm a horrible fan. I watched unti the score was 24-13, got disgusted and stopped watching the game. Looks like I missed a good one. I am lame.

Last edited by mavsgirl4134; 12-17-2008 at 10:25 PM.
mavsgirl4134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:25 PM   #27
rmacomic
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Can we make the damn recap thread about the Mavs and not basketballgirl?
NO, every thread on this board must somehow turn into a disscusion about Devin Harris. It's in the rules.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:25 PM   #28
WraithXx
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsgirl4134 View Post
You're still gay.

Ok... I'm a horrible fan. I watched unti the score was 24-13, got disgusted and stopped watching the game. Looks like I missed a good one. I am lame.
I screwed you once.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:26 PM   #29
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic View Post
you live in Jersey, therefore you smell like ass
no that's just the state that smells and it's because Kidd is coming to nj so once he leaves you won't smell it
Old 12-17-2008, 10:29 PM   #30
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

SHOW US YOUR BOOBS
Old 12-17-2008, 10:33 PM   #31
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Very nice three quarters of basketball after a rough first quarter.

Loved seeing Josh back on the floor tonight. He kept us in it during the crappy first quarter. The extra scoring was very nice, but you know Josh is not nearly right when you see him only pulling down one rebound. I'm very ready to see this team rolling with a healthy Josh to see what they're capable of.

Dirk once again rolls out a nice night. He had the balled swiped from him too many times, but Dirk was there when it counted, and that Jet/Dirk pick and roll is just so, so money. And it always has been.

Let me get this out of the way right here: I'm a huge fan of what Kidd does for this basketball team. I will always trumpet his intangibles, his plays that don't show up in box scores. However, the last few games have reminded me a lot of last season where Kidd is concerned. He's not making his presence felt on the offense right now. As the team continues to move more towards the pick and roll offense and away from the motion, I really hope Carlisle and Kidd continue to find creative ways to take advantage of his talent.

I thought Damp played a pretty nice second half. He's playing really solid ball this season, and the drop off when he's not on the court is dramatic.

I thought the bench players (Jet is not a bench player) all represented themselves relatively well. Barea needs to work on his floater I think.

One thing I'm mystified by: I've let go of the Green thing. I was irritated that he didn't play more while people were hurt, but he really wasn't playing well enough to justify getting time while everyone is healthy.

Good win tonight, I'm ready for Friday.
Nice summary.

Re: Kidd, I think the reason his offensive impact is decreased right now is that they just aren't running that many halfcourt sets where he sets the table. The play where JET comes off the double baseline screen is one, but it doesn't really require any creativity from Kidd. I'd like to see them run some more screen and rolls with Kidd, but those ultimately aren't going to be that effective unless Kidd is willing to shoot when they leave him or drive when they overplay. Speaking of which, regardless of how much Kidd is handling the ball in the halfcourt, he is going to get plenty of open looks from the outside because of the attention drawn by Dirk, Terry, and Howard. He has to be aggressive in shooting those shots, because: a) he hits them at a high percentage, and b) he has to keep the defense honest. If he catches the kickout pass or the around the horn pass and doesn't step into that shot in rhythm, it just allows the defense to recover.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:35 PM   #32
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Kidd's assists numbers are going down the drain....
Old 12-17-2008, 10:52 PM   #33
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Beefs w/ tonight are 10 FTA's, 14 turnovers, and 6 turnovers forced.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:53 PM   #34
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaVs 41 BaLler View Post
SHOW US YOUR BOOBS
go to bamboozle 2009 and you can see them
Old 12-17-2008, 10:56 PM   #35
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

The mavs really remind me of Homer Simpson in the episode where he becomes a boxer.

Mavs just let teams shoot the lights out in the first half in hopes of tiring them out before they go on the offensive.

And hey, J-ho is back. I looked on the box score and half thought it was Juwan with how permanent Josh's injury sounded.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:56 PM   #36
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

Quote:
go to bamboozle 2009 and you can see them
No I was talking to WraithXx but ok.

Last edited by MaVs 41 BaLler; 12-17-2008 at 10:58 PM.
MaVs 41 BaLler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:00 PM   #37
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
The mavs really remind me of Homer Simpson in the episode where he becomes a boxer.

Mavs just let teams shoot the lights out in the first half in hopes of tiring them out before they go on the offensive.

And hey, J-ho is back. I looked on the box score and half thought it was Juwan with how permanent Josh's injury sounded.
Hah, if anyone thought that was Juwan they must have special needs.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:02 PM   #38
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

Kidd is really playing poorly right now, offensively and defensively. He still gets his steals here and there, and will rebond well for a guard but that's far and away from what we expect from the PG on this team. I laughed at people who were saying that Barea should start over him, I don't think it's that crazy right now to be honest.

Also, I know the Mavs have to make sure they get in the playoffs to begin with, but Dirk is playing wayyy too many minutes still. He must be averaging smth around 39-40 in the last 10 games. That is not good any way you see it. He needs his legs to be an effective jump shooter. I don't want him to run out of gas when he really needs it.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:08 PM   #39
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

You saying Erica has special needs? She's one of the more educated posters on this board IMHO.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:09 PM   #40
Bayliss

Quote:
Also, I know the Mavs have to make sure they get in the playoffs to begin with, but Dirk is playing wayyy too many minutes still. He must be averaging smth around 39-40 in the last 10 games. That is not good any way you see it. He needs his legs to be an effective jump shooter. I don't want him to run out of gas when he really needs it.
I just dpon't believe that mentality. Dirk actually needs to play 38-40 minutes. Dirk is better with more minutes than with less minutes (IMO).

Look at 05-06
He averaged 38.1 minutes a night. But in the last two months of the season he averaged 39.6 minutes in 25 games. And he was outstanding in the playoffs. Dirk is a rhythm player. And lack of minutes makes him cold.