Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 04-30-2010, 01:49 AM   #41
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

DULLAH, please get rid of the big mammoth picture in your signature.

Last edited by sike; 05-02-2010 at 03:37 PM.
pkdumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2010, 02:09 AM   #42
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Would you rather have KG's career or Karl Malone's?

That's what Dirk has to decide.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:14 AM   #43
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post

So true. SO shitty.

Barring DUST miracle, this offseason will feed Dirk that question.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:14 AM   #44
Manu4five
Banned

Manu4five is infamous around these partsManu4five is infamous around these partsManu4five is infamous around these partsManu4five is infamous around these partsManu4five is infamous around these partsManu4five is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasMavs412004 View Post
Realistically what can we get for JET, Marion, Damp or even Butler.

What could a package of Damp(Dust Chip), Butler, and Roddy land us?
Bonner, Jefferson and Mason? Maybe we could throw in Bogans as well as the centerpiece of the trade.
Manu4five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:55 AM   #45
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post

John Stockton's...
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:53 AM   #46
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

I wouldn't trade Roddy for anybody outside of Lebron and Wade. And those two aren't happening. Do you guys honestly think Joe Johnson and Bosh would put us over the top? I think Bosh would be an absolutely terrible fit anyway. He's not a center, never was, never will be, and contrary to the popular belief, he's still a jumpshooter. I know it's a cute thing that he's from Dallas, but he's not a good fit. Joe Johnson would be a good fit, even though he's also a jumpshooter, but he's a legit all-star, and would be a great second option. Still wouldn't trade Roddy for him. This kid can score in so many ways, it's amazing. Those silky moves on Duncan?

Are you kidding me? How about that reach around layup? That was only possible for him because of his ridiculous wingspan. And how soft that touch is? The floaters? The jumpers? Can jump out of the gym. Sound like a Top 3 pick to me, we really found a diamond, and he's possible the only thing going for us right now, which can mean a future, a possible way out of the mediocrity, the mediocrity which isn't here yet, but looming on us fellas. I'm probably a Roddy homer, but i honestly think his worst case scenario is Aaron Brooks on crack. Unique tools, you don't trade away a guy like that. Just forget it. You f'n play him, right Rick?

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 04-30-2010 at 05:58 AM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:24 AM   #47
cowdog80

cowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
Haywood will quit being a bitch once we resign him and give him minutes. Damp is more than likely gone.
he might quit bitching.

but there is a reason every fan base he has ever played for refers to him as "brenda".

don't get me wrong, you resign him - but don't count on him for much more than he was giving during this series.

Last edited by cowdog80; 04-30-2010 at 07:24 AM.
cowdog80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:27 AM   #48
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

another disappointed season... after the big trade, we're still losing in the first round, really? this team gotta rebuild over the summer.
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:27 AM   #49
DocDoc

DocDoc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrekker View Post
Here's an even bigger nightmare - Dirk to San Antonio.
That's just silly - Spurs are waaaaay over the cap and only have MLE to work with.

Unless they want to trade Parker/Manu/Hill for Dirk and change....
DocDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:30 AM   #50
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703 View Post
another disappointed season... after the big trade, we're still losing in the first round, really? this team gotta rebuild over the summer.
(again)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 03:21 AM   #51
dallass

dallass is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
I wouldn't trade Roddy for anybody outside of Lebron and Wade. And those two aren't happening. Do you guys honestly think Joe Johnson and Bosh would put us over the top? I think Bosh would be an absolutely terrible fit anyway. He's not a center, never was, never will be, and contrary to the popular belief, he's still a jumpshooter. I know it's a cute thing that he's from Dallas, but he's not a good fit. Joe Johnson would be a good fit, even though he's also a jumpshooter, but he's a legit all-star, and would be a great second option. Still wouldn't trade Roddy for him. This kid can score in so many ways, it's amazing. Those silky moves on Duncan?

Are you kidding me? How about that reach around layup? That was only possible for him because of his ridiculous wingspan. And how soft that touch is? The floaters? The jumpers? Can jump out of the gym. Sound like a Top 3 pick to me, we really found a diamond, and he's possible the only thing going for us right now, which can mean a future, a possible way out of the mediocrity, the mediocrity which isn't here yet, but looming on us fellas. I'm probably a Roddy homer, but i honestly think his worst case scenario is Aaron Brooks on crack. Unique tools, you don't trade away a guy like that. Just forget it. You f'n play him, right Rick?
your post made me crack up, cause you sound sad and a lil buzzed at the same time lol arent we all right now... roddys a hell of a start though my friend
dallass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 03:37 AM   #52
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog80 View Post
he might quit bitching.

but there is a reason every fan base he has ever played for refers to him as "brenda".

don't get me wrong, you resign him - but don't count on him for much more than he was giving during this series.
I can't speak for what Wizards fans have called him, but in college, it wasn't UNC fans (i.e., his fanbase) calling him "Brenda." I can assure you of that.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 05:12 AM   #53
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Jason Terry must GO!! and I don't care who he's traded for.

Marion needs to be moved to back up SF and let Butler start at SF if he's still here.

Sign a real back up PG so Kidd is not playing alot of minutes.

Resign Haywood...there's not that many Center's in the NBA with his size.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:41 AM   #54
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Again, it's pretty stupid to have an "offseason thread" for the Mavericks on a Mavericks forum. How many posts do you want in this thread? 15000? 20000?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:40 PM   #55
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Just so I get this straight...

If we want to get one of the top 3-5 free agents this summer we pretty much have to sell ourselves to that player right? There is no way to coax a team into trading the player to us before he decides he wants to sign somewhere else right?

Free agency usually starts around the beginning of July, so if we wanted Wade, he would have to want to come here and then demand that the Heat trade him here because we do not have the cap room for him, correct?
Old 05-01-2010, 09:50 PM   #56
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
Just so I get this straight...

If we want to get one of the top 3-5 free agents this summer we pretty much have to sell ourselves to that player right? There is no way to coax a team into trading the player to us before he decides he wants to sign somewhere else right?

Free agency usually starts around the beginning of July, so if we wanted Wade, he would have to want to come here and then demand that the Heat trade him here because we do not have the cap room for him, correct?
Sound about right. Its a tall order, though. Because Miami will have cap room and will be going after big names themselves (and there is a good chance they'll land one of them). You better pray that the Heat fail miserably and don't get anyone. Then we have a chance...
Old 05-01-2010, 10:54 PM   #57
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Butler, Terry, and Damp gone.... I want a back up 3 that is athletic, can shoot a bit, and defend (for the MLE) and a Wade type player. Booby as the 6th man
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:29 PM   #58
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Butler, Terry, and Damp gone.... I want a back up 3 that is athletic, can shoot a bit, and defend (for the MLE) and a Wade type player. Booby as the 6th man
Butler gone? What is this obsession with Mavs fans who want Butler gone? Its ridiculous. Getting rid of Butler (if its possible...) does not mean we're guarenteed Wade by any shot. Look, we all want our pipedreams to come true, but let's assume stuff and kick extremely good players to the curb because of it.

He averaged 15 PPG on 44% shooting, shot 34% from behind the arc (same as Najera, and people love Najera's game and shooting) easily being the best percentage of his career, got you 5.5 boards and 2 steals a game...and you want him gone?

Give him a freaking break! Mid season trades are always tough. Give him the offseason to really develop chemistry with this team, and more importantly, give the coaches the offseason to make plays and integrate him into the offense!

He's a really good player who had a terrible year. He's not quite 30, and has only been in the league 8 years, so he's in his prime. This terrible year isn't due to age or wear, its just due to playing for a terrible team and then being traded to a team whose fans expected him to average his same numbers while playing in a different offense with different players. I have total faith in Butler at least upping his PPG average to his career mark of 16.6, very likely higher than that.

Maybe he's not the true #2 we've been looking for...I have my doubts. But I think if we get two really good number 3 options, Butler and another player, with Dirk on top of the food chain, we'll have an even better team. I haven't really started considering who that player is...still digesting this season...but a player who drives and shoots the three ball while avoiding mid range jumpers (~15ppg) would sound perfect to me, replacing JET (who I do want gone). A superstar would be icing, like Wade or Johnson, but I think one more piece like Butler could do the trick. Maybe add one Brandon Bass-esque big who can give us a little scoring and physical defense, and I wouldn't count us out (Tim Thomas? at 33 he might just retire depending on his wife's issue).

Last edited by tcat075; 05-01-2010 at 11:34 PM.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:35 PM   #59
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Again, it's pretty stupid to have an "offseason thread" for the Mavericks on a Mavericks forum. How many posts do you want in this thread? 15000? 20000?
At least we aren't making a 2011 Season Thread. Imagine how hard that'd be to read.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:56 AM   #60
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdumas View Post
DULLAH, please get rid of the big goddamn mammoth picture in your signature.
adblock...only way to go on these forums.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:08 AM   #61
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all

After reflecting on the regular season, our short playoff run and free agency ahead, I can't get excited about next season. How are the Mavericks or better yet, Mark Cuban going to entice a Bosh, LeBron, DWade type player to come to Dallas and play for our great X&O Coach, RC? The basketball world watched as our coach, started Damp before Haywood, benched Butler, Marion for half a game and DNP the talented Roddy B until it was to late and has yet to take responsibility for ANYTHING. What does that say to another NBA player? Dallas would not be appealing to me for no other reason than Rick Carlisle...he's an idiot coach. Nothing to be excited about.

Donnie Nelson needs to take over the HC duties or promote Casey.

Last edited by She_Growls; 05-02-2010 at 10:10 AM.
She_Growls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:38 AM   #62
mavsfan4lyfe201

mavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these parts

we need an sg most likely, we need someone to attack.

other than wade..iguodala may be the most attractive sg that attacks alot.

him and johnson are pretty equal overall, both great passers.

obtaining butler would be nice..but were stuck with marion...

so damp is out, jet SHOULD be out..

kidd is also stuck here, whether we want him or not..

only time will tell now...
mavsfan4lyfe201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:41 AM   #63
mavsfan4lyfe201

mavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Growls View Post
After reflecting on the regular season, our short playoff run and free agency ahead, I can't get excited about next season. How are the Mavericks or better yet, Mark Cuban going to entice a Bosh, LeBron, DWade type player to come to Dallas and play for our great X&O Coach, RC? The basketball world watched as our coach, started Damp before Haywood, benched Butler, Marion for half a game and DNP the talented Roddy B until it was to late and has yet to take responsibility for ANYTHING. What does that say to another NBA player? Dallas would not be appealing to me for no other reason than Rick Carlisle...he's an idiot coach. Nothing to be excited about.

Donnie Nelson needs to take over the HC duties or promote Casey.

please no..up until our big trade for butler and haywood, donnie nelson has been nothin but garbage. hes really not a great GM.

i giveh im his props for that deal, but aside from that..what has he done that stands out? all i can think of is drafting devin harris and roddy b.

im not ready to say he should be fired or anything, but all of the sudden hes GM of the year for making 1 good trade
mavsfan4lyfe201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:27 AM   #64
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I like caron but not as a #2 or someone who you can just give the ball to, he doesn't have enough playmaking skills for that. A solid #3,4 yea..I like that.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:58 PM   #65
tcat075
Diamond Member

I think everyone here is very down on Butler, way too much so. He's going to surprise a lot of people next year, and I would not be surprised at all if he averages in the 20's while proving he is a legitimate offensive option even when Dirk isn't on the floor.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:29 PM   #66
tcat075
Diamond Member

One thing to note...I've seen this from a couple users, but here's DB's Fisher saying the same thing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=2993
There is some argument around here as to whether Joe is a "Batman.'' He certainly doesn't seem to treat the Hawks like they are "his team.'' (Shades of Early Dirk?) But remember what the Mavs would be giving up in such a deal and recognize that while Johnson ain't LeBron, he's quite a consolation prize. Joe certainly fits the "driving/creating/2-way/2-guard profile.
Driving/creating? Yeah, not so much. Johnson took a smaller percentage of his shots inside than Butler did last year. 28% to 21% (hell, Dirk takes 17% inside). Butler also drew over twice as many fouls, as well as being a superior rebounder.

Joe Johnson? Perhaps he is the Batman we've been looking for, but understand this: He is a jump shooter first, second and third.

Last edited by tcat075; 05-02-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:02 PM   #67
41N

41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light

i like butler and i wouldn't give him away but he isn't a sg. he hasn't the ballhandling skills, he can't penetrate off the dribble (it's easy to stay infront of him) and he has trouble to guard fast sg's. joe cool is superior to butler in all those points and i really believe his slashing and shooting percentage will rise alongside dirk...

kidd
joe
cb4
dirk
haywood

this would be a great lineup. in addition, roddy as our sixth man, marion as a substitute-sf/pf + veteran pg and solid center...
cya 41N
41N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 03:30 PM   #68
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

JJ's #4 on my list of free-agent desirables behind Lebron, Wade and Bosh. No, he's not the attacker that Wade is, but I think he's pretty clearly the second best SG on the market, and pretty clearly a better SG than anybody currently on the Mavs' roster. He'd be a very strong pickup.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:41 PM   #69
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
JJ's #4 on my list of free-agent desirables behind Lebron, Wade and Bosh. No, he's not the attacker that Wade is, but I think he's pretty clearly the second best SG on the market, and pretty clearly a better SG than anybody currently on the Mavs' roster. He'd be a very strong pickup.
not many quality posts in this thread...just wanted people to see it again.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:24 PM   #70
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
not many quality posts in this thread...just wanted people to see it again.
Thank God you did it because I have yet another dull comment saying that I still absolutely hate this first-round exit against the Spurs and the fact that there already is an offseason for the Mavs. Last year I was fine with the loss against Denver due to their very good team and us being without Josh. That's easier to deal with. This time, it still feels like we underachieved and could have had so much more. And then, 6 months without basketball and no chances to get at it again is reeaaallly long.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:49 PM   #71
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Again its pretty stupid to open for every minor headline or thought a new thread.

There will be enough own threads when the big topics are back with the start of july.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:51 PM   #72
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
I think everyone here is very down on Butler, way too much so. He's going to surprise a lot of people next year, and I would not be surprised at all if he averages in the 20's while proving he is a legitimate offensive option even when Dirk isn't on the floor.
I think that too.

I think he will work hard on his drive AND his outside shooting because now he has a good feeling what the team need and what he couldnt "deliver" enough to this team.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:08 PM   #73
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post
it still feels like we underachieved and could have had so much more.
make no bones about it...it was an underachieving season. (post season anyway)

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #74
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Again its pretty stupid to open for every minor headline or thought a new thread.

There will be enough own threads when the big topics are back with the start of july.
Again, having an offseason thread for the Mavs on a Mavs forum is kinda.. stupid
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:10 PM   #75
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Again, having an offseason thread for the Mavs on a Mavs forum is kinda.. stupid
We had one last year.....

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:19 AM   #76
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdumas View Post
DULLAH, please get rid of the big mammoth picture in your signature.
it's funny because some of the things other people dislike i often find myself liking. "guilty pleasures". DULLAH's mammoth being one

also jamyoa threads...
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:24 AM   #77
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Did someone seriously say people like Najera for his shooting?
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:31 AM   #78
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallass View Post
your post made me crack up, cause you sound sad and a lil buzzed at the same time lol arent we all right now... roddys a hell of a start though my friend
Yeah, i'm very excited about this kid. The last time i was excited about a young Mavs player was Devin, but i knew his limitations. I liked Brandon also, but again, limitations. But now i see a kid with no limitations. I keep imagining him with a little more bulk (lol, that sounded a little gay) with improved handles, improved playmaking, with his poise, and first and foremost with his unique scoring ability combined with his athleticism, and i see a future superstar.

Whether or not he's going to get there... But he has a chance, and i think that's huge. Most of us, who seen him play (and not play) all season will agree with that. That's why i'm excited about him. I would be absolutely devastated if we would traded him for anybody outside of Lebron and Wade. They better not trade him for JJ or Igoudala. You don't trade away a project player like him. He was a Top 3 pick that nobody knew about, and has fallen in our lap at 25.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:45 AM   #79
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
it was an off-year for butler in washington before the trade as well...

here is to hoping it was indeed an off-year, and not a place-marker on a new career trajectory.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:12 AM   #80
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Barea will stay: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...bareas_option/

Dirk, Mavs talk about an Extension: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar..._on_extension/
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 6feetunderdog, ban cad, big thread kill board, cad is a troll, cadbane=vagina dentana, cadpain in the ass, fell=fail, fluid guzzler!, fluidfartyone!, gay tags, grandma cigarettes, it's a race no running!?!, mammoth gortat, mammoth knockers, mammoth thread, miami cheat, more bloody cuntbane, shut the fluff up, smc = sucks many c*cks, then stop posting in it, underdog=legallyretarded, we luv us sum fluffy, where is fluffy?, wtf is fell?...