Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-15-2011, 03:20 PM   #641
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

It's impossible to make any predictions on how Caron's knee is going to react in the future under intense physical pressure. There are athletes who ruptured their ACL, in some cases even more than once, came back and were just fine without any apparent limitations. Then there are the Michael Redds of the world who never fully recover from a serious knee injury.

Time will tell. I simply assume he'll be fine until we hear otherwise. We even have a good luck charm on the team: J-Kidd had the infamous microfracture surgery in 2004 and is still playing at a high level at 38.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2011, 12:25 PM   #642
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by @realtuffjuice
Flew into dallas to get cleared by my Doc now its time to celebrate and workout god is good...
From CB's twitter account.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:08 PM   #643
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Soo... I thought Caron was only "days" away from being able to play during the exit interviews? Two months later, he is just getting cleared
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:45 PM   #644
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Thought this was interesting, Caron is one of four NBA players (Zach Randolph, Ben Gordon and Al-Farouq Aminu) who continue to get paid during the lockout:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...uring-lockout/
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:19 PM   #645
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays View Post
Thought this was interesting, Caron is one of four NBA players (Zach Randolph, Ben Gordon and Al-Farouq Aminu) who continue to get paid during the lockout:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...uring-lockout/
Yeah, that's because players have different payment options when they sign their contract - most just get paid during the season, but some opt to have their money spread out through the entire year.

Caron was smart to spread it out during a lockout year...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-25-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:52 PM   #646
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Yeah, that's because players have different payment options when they sign their contract - most just get paid during the season, but some opt to have their money spread out through the entire year.

Caron was smart to spread it out during a lockout year...
I'm consistently shocked by how poorly athletes manage their finances. Well, I guess I shouldn't be considering most of these guys never went to college and even if they did attend, weren't really 'attending'. Couple that with the fact that most of their advisers are more concerned with skimming than actual asset management. Think it's a huge, untapped opportunity for a well-meaning hedge funder or private equity guy to go in, form the equivalent of a CalPERS for the NBA/NFL/MLB/NHL, pool liquidity and get these guys consistent 12-18% per annum returns. Poorly managed car dealerships and housing projects in bumblef*ck are sh*tty investments. They would be no different from any other sophisticated institutional investor. Instead of hiring Lenny Dykstra, you hire a bunch of HBS grads with proven track records. And it'd be a sweet gig because us finance geeks would get to hang out with professional athletes. Hell, if no one's done this by the time I'm running my own shop I'll happily break ground.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:41 PM   #647
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I could have sworn Dirk talked about this when he signed his extension. He said that he and Cuban discussed the potential lockout last summer and they came up with some "contingency" type deals instead of the straight 4-80 million deal...

Not that Dirk is hurting for money I image. He leads a pretty quiet lifestyle compared to other players.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
butlerrang, butler_is_done, lambasted rick41, suffering from p.e.