Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-22-2013, 12:35 PM   #41
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Maybe we can buy back Roddy and B Wright in a few years when someone else develops them. Crowder too.
I honestly think Wright's a lot better than when he first got here, that Roddy just doesn't have it in him mentally or physically, and that Crowder has very little upside. There's a reason why guys like Dojo, Roddy, Cunningham, and Crowder are available late in the first round, and why guys like Yi and Wright have flamed out elsewhere.

But the truth is somewhere in the middle - Rick's reluctance to rely on younger guys has nearly bit him in the ass even before he got to Dallas. It took until he was down 3-1 to Orlando to play Tayshaun in his rookie year. After that, Prince scored more points in the playoffs than he did in the regular season.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2013, 01:34 PM   #42
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

To anyone saying that they're losing interest in the team or that they don't care about the team... begone. I have no time for you.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #43
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
I honestly think Wright's a lot better than when he first got here, that Roddy just doesn't have it in him mentally or physically, and that Crowder has very little upside. There's a reason why guys like Dojo, Roddy, Cunningham, and Crowder are available late in the first round, and why guys like Yi and Wright have flamed out elsewhere.

But the truth is somewhere in the middle - Rick's reluctance to rely on younger guys has nearly bit him in the ass even before he got to Dallas. It took until he was down 3-1 to Orlando to play Tayshaun in his rookie year. After that, Prince scored more points in the playoffs than he did in the regular season.

We will have to agree to disagree about Crowder. Idk what his potential is but I think he has some upside.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #44
Urgal

Urgal is a jewel in the roughUrgal is a jewel in the roughUrgal is a jewel in the roughUrgal is a jewel in the rough

The first position to address in the offseason is certainly pg:
- My favourite player to sign on this postion is Calderon. Yes, he hasn't played particularly well since being traded to the pistons, but he's a great pass first pg that is able to get his teammates involved, run the pick and roll and also make shots in the offense. The poor play of our pg's has costed us many games this season, so a veteren pg that is able to get the ball to Dirk and doesn't make many mistake should help the team a lot.

- But with Calderon not being a good defender at all, we should also try to keep Collison on a cheap basis, as they would complement each other a lot. Collison could came off the bench and would be the attack the basket-type of guy, while Calderon has his strenghts in the set offense. Maybe they could also play togehter with Calderon as the SG.

Of course the second most important position is C. We need somebody who can play some help D and rebound the basketball. A cheap solution could be Dalembert.

Call me crazy, but maybe the mavs could also take a gamble and try to sign bynum.
Urgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:31 PM   #45
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice

Quote:
Maybe we can buy back Roddy and B Wright in a few years when someone else develops them. Crowder too.
I remember Brewer turning a game around in the 2011 playoffs and then being banished to the bench by RC. He never played again for the Mavs.

Give Karl credit for getting the most out of his players.
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #46
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

PG-

Billups
Lowry
Calderon
Jack
Livingston

C-

Bynum
Jefferson
Dalembert

Extras:

Blatche
Jr Smiff
N. Young
Belinelli

Old 03-22-2013, 03:47 PM   #47
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Come down off your high horse Longhorn and be among the peons.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:51 PM   #48
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs need a PG who can run offense, they need a Center who can rebound and block shots, they need a sg that can slash to the basket and create offense for himself.

Basically they need a younger Kidd and Terry and the current Chandler.

If they get those they will be in contention again. But Cuban has become Donald Sterling II so it isn't like he is going to spend money to get anything close to those 3 needs.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:52 PM   #49
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGM View Post
I remember Brewer turning a game around in the 2011 playoffs and then being banished to the bench by RC. He never played again for the Mavs.

Referring to the games vs the Lakers?

Old 03-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #50
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Are there no PGs that we could trade for instead of signing them in free agency?
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:36 PM   #51
Bayliss

MavsFTR, only PGs that are on the last year of their contract because Cuban doesn't want to take on salary beyond 1 year deals. So it kind of limits the options in the trade market.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:36 PM   #52
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
Are there no PGs that we could trade for instead of signing them in free agency?
We really have nothing to trade in the offseason, Carter or Marion I guess. But no one is trading a top tier PG for Carter.

Despite our desperate need for a PG, I think the smart FO move is to spend money on C. The quality available at C this offseason is crazy. 2 top 10 centers (Howard, Jefferson, 3 if you count Bynum) and several others just outside that threshold (Pekovic, Splitter). The Mavs can't afford to miss out there IMHO. Then you pick up the best traditional point guard you can find.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #53
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

are you freaking kidding me.

I've seen some idiocy on this board, but criticizing Carlisle for his roster moves in the 2011 NBA playoffs is a new low.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #54
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice

Quote:

are you freaking kidding me.

I've seen some idiocy on this board, but criticizing Carlisle for his roster moves in the 2011 NBA playoffs is a new low.
I spoke the truth.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #55
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I spoke the truth.
No.

So, RC should have developed Brewer in 2011 instead of being busy doing a tremendous job, that end up winning the championship?

Sounds logic...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #56
DGM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
No.

So, RC should have developed Brewer in 2011 instead of being busy doing a tremendous job, that end up winning the championship?

Sounds logic...
Brewer saved his ass then he benched him. The next year the Mavs gave him away. Those words are the truth. I made no editorial comments. You get to have your opinions but facts don't change.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:03 PM   #57
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

And when he did that, he did everything right and the team went on to win the title.

He could have played him here and there but you can't argue with the FACT that he was successful with what he did 2011.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:09 PM   #58
DGM
Banned

Quote:
And when he did that, he did everything right and the team went on to win the title.

He could have played him here and there but you can't argue with the FACT that he was successful with what he did 2011.
Not arguing with the success, just stating the facts. Not recognizing his value and then giving him away cost the Mavs in 2012 and 2013. Just the facts.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:31 PM   #59
Kante
Diamond Member

2012/2013 sure but not in 2011, which you said earlier.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:13 PM   #60
DGM
Banned

Quote:
2012/2013 sure but not in 2011, which you said earlier.
Not facts this tme, just my opinions.

Mavs cannot afford for Rick to make bad talent evaluations and then to throw away players like he did with Brewer. I hope that he doesn't do the same thing with Wright. His position should be backup PF (Dirk's backup) Don't give him away.

Roddy might have broken two limbs a month ago but the decision to give James his minutes did not make the Mavs better. Mike added no wins and we only got to see Collison and Roddy play together in one game vs. Cleveland. In that game we learned that speed does kill. If I'm right and Roddy developes somewhere else the James episode will have bitten the Mavs in the ass.

I don't want to see M. James at backup pg any more. Morrow should get those minutes so that he can be evaluated. I liked Sarge starting with Dirk.

Those are opinions. My earlier posts were facts.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:19 PM   #61
nowhereman
Diamond Member

Quote:
I spoke the truth.
The Mavs went 11-3 in the playoffs from that point and you're blaming Rick. This is a new low.

Quote:

Last edited by nowhereman; 03-22-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:26 PM   #62
DGM
Banned

Quote:
The Mavs went 11-3 in the playoffs from that point and you're blaming Rick. This is a new low.
Nothing to blame Rick for. The Mavs won and I enjoyed it. RC is a good coach but he's not perfect. Brewer did save a playoff game and get banished to the bench. The championship did not change that fact
Old 03-22-2013, 08:06 PM   #63
nowhereman
Diamond Member

Quote:
Nothing to blame Rick for. The Mavs won and I enjoyed it. RC is a good coach but he's not perfect. Brewer did save a playoff game and get banished to the bench. The championship did not change that fact
The problem is that Peja, Deshawn, Vince, JJ, Cardinal, Mahinmi, and Terry were all huge and extremely productive. I don't know where Brewer would have or should have found any minutes. With the benefit of hindsight, Rick clearly made the right move. And getting rid of Brewer for powder was a Cuban thing, not a Rick thing.

Quote:
Old 03-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #64
SMC0007
Guru

I think it's clear what you were saying originally DGM.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:19 PM   #65
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
The problem is that Peja, Deshawn, Vince, JJ, Cardinal, Mahinmi, and Terry were all huge and extremely productive. I don't know where Brewer would have or should have found any minutes. With the benefit of hindsight, Rick clearly made the right move. And getting rid of Brewer for powder was a Cuban thing, not a Rick thing.
I agree, the ones you mentioned were much more productive. But, getting rid of Brewer may have had a bit more to do with Rick and Cuban, as opposed to just Cuban.

Still, Rick has a habit of burying guys in the rotation. No denying that.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:18 PM   #66
nowhereman
Diamond Member

Quote:
I agree, the ones you mentioned were much more productive. But, getting rid of Brewer may have had a bit more to do with Rick and Cuban, as opposed to just Cuban.

Still, Rick has a habit of burying guys in the rotation. No denying that.
I don't know - remember that Rudy was part of that deal too, and he hadn't even played a game for us (making me think it was Cuban and Donnie shuffling things around). Either way, I'd love for Corey to get another shot here, and, yes, Rick is generally pretty awful about integrating young talent.

Quote:
Old 03-23-2013, 12:00 AM   #67
SMC0007
Guru

PG-

Billups
Lowry
Calderon
Jack
Livingston

C-

Bynum
Jefferson
Dalembert

Extras:

Blatche
Jr Smiff
N. Young
Belinelli

Old 03-23-2013, 12:53 AM   #68
jasonic

jasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to all

I was as a Mayo hater, and i 'm still not sold on this guy 100 % but i want him to resign with us. I don't believe he 'll ever be a 20 + point player or a solid second option in offense, but i think his great spot up shooting and the passing skills which have been really improved since the day he came here, will help us. He still needs work when it comes to create his own shot and his defence though.

About our pg's CP3 's going to remain in LA obviously and even if i like Calderon i don't want him here and play as a starter. I think Tyreke Evans 's a free agent and would be a great pickup. Since i have him in my fantasy team i watched his games in SAC, and he 's having his best season, since his rookie year, even if he doesn't get a lot of touches. About the backup point guard i dont want Collison, not even as a 15-20 minute guy. I prefer Augustin even if he 's having a terrible year in Indiana. I think our playing style is a good fit for DJ because he 's a good shooter and he can do one thing that our playmakers lacks the most... pass it to the open man.

As long as the C position, i hope we can trade for the expiring of Okafor. He would be a great fit next to Dirk.
jasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:21 AM   #69
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah. I'd be surprised if Cuban would own up and make this move.
He spoke fondly of him, but he also said that Brewer is doing well within the system Denver is playing in now.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:42 AM   #70
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

please no jefferson...dirk needs a defensive C.

i think gortat is our man

then we need a PG who can pass the ball to dirk and plays defense.maybe Lowry...

for the SG spot i also think that a shooter is good for us.i love jr.

Last edited by JeffViggiano; 03-23-2013 at 07:43 AM.
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #71
NorwegianMavsFan

NorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really nice

I would love to see Pekovic in a Mavs jersey. He's a beast, probably the strongest player in the league. I like him!
NorwegianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:35 PM   #72
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Banished to the bench. So you think that Carlisle is supposed to have a

Dirk, jkiddo, jet, Shawn, Peja, Haywood, mahinmi, jjb, desean Stevenson, Brian cardinal, brewer...

11 man rotation during the playoffs?? If he did it would be the first one in history. Most go to an 8man rotation. I would say that Carlisle played more players than normal and was willing to put layers on the court when others thought it was wrong. Who's minutes were brewer going to get? Shawn, jet. Peja, jjb?

Come on man, criticise rc all you want but don't make up stuff.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #73
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Offer Jack the starting PG job. If he doesnt bite go with Calderon. Keep Mayo. Dont spend for the PG and Mayo more than combined 15m.

DC can go to hell, keep Roddy on a much cheaper contract as backup PG.

Keep Wright, Morrow and Brand if the price tag is right. Check with Dirk the probably contract numbers (8-10m?) for 2014 and keep max cap possible for the summer of 2014.

Try to trade for the unhappy Gortat.

Last edited by sefant77; 03-23-2013 at 03:30 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:23 PM   #74
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

This offseason, amongst other things, was discussed with Zach Lowe of Grantland when I spoke to him yesterday.

The interview will be on TMG on Monday.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:41 AM   #75
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

I hope next years team has mayo, wright, and brand on it.

Sign gortat or cousins. (I prefer cousins at this point)
Sign jack or calderon
Old 03-24-2013, 08:48 AM   #76
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Personally, once we lose out on Howard I would like to overpay for Pekovic.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:16 AM   #77
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A sleeper pg who I like is Eric Maynor. 2013-2014 wiil be his second year after his injury. He is someone to watch for the rest of the year playing behind Lillard in Portland. He was really a good player in OKC but he was behind Westbrook.

If the answer is Eric Maynor, you're asking the wrong question.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:19 AM   #78
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
Personally, once we lose out on Howard I would like to overpay for Pekovic.
Wouldn't be the worst way to spend our capspace, he's probably the best low-post scorer in the NBA at the moment. Although, Minny would probably match anything short of a max. contract, which would around, what, 15-16 per year for him? That's massive overpaying, i think he worth 11 or 12 though. How about Tyreke Evans? I'm not that high on the player he currently is, but he still has considerable upside. Also, what about Igoudala? I think he has a player option, but he can be an UFA. I think those guys are nice alternatives to the Howard/Paul route. I'm not too fond of the idea of giving Jennings or Josh Smith the max.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 03-26-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #79
SMC0007
Guru

Please people, stop with the Howard, Paul comments. Get real. We are a make good 2nd tier type franchise.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:40 AM   #80
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Please people, stop with the Howard, Paul comments. Get real. We are a make good 2nd tier type franchise.
Why does it have to be written in stone? It's not like we had the cap space many times to sign a big FA in the last 15 or so years. Dallas is like the 5th biggest market, a big city, the weather is good, tax system is good... I mean, i don't live there, but it doesn't make sense to get satisfied being a 2nd tier type franchise.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cad von ghostymooglebane, moogleghostfacechamp, ummmm