Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 09-16-2013, 11:14 PM   #2761
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't aware that Dallas still had a team... Is Dirk playing this year?
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2013, 11:35 PM   #2762
sig

sig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
So you're saying that when you have guys that play multiple positions, even though two guys don't play the same position..one guy getting more time at one spot might still impact that other player at a different positions minutes?
Wow. Now I'm confused but I think that is what I was trying to say.
sig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #2763
some1nw
Golden Member

some1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to all

season preview
http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-2014-...season-preview
Old 09-17-2013, 12:50 PM   #2764
sinsin

sinsin will become famous soon enoughsinsin will become famous soon enough

also on hoopsworld : watchability rankings
http://www.hoopsworld.com/watchabili...llas-mavericks
there the author predicts a record of 30-52! this upcoming season....
i loled hard....and then i was asking myself if he is part of the family of skip bayless
sinsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #2765
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

So...we improved at basically every in-need position, still won 41 games last season with scraps, and yet 30 wins next season. Eermk poopsworld.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #2766
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
So...we improved at basically every in-need position, still won 41 games last season with scraps, and yet 30 wins next season. Eermk poopsworld.
Also, we apparently fell behind New Orleans to be 5th in the SW division.

I'll give them that they will probably be less bad this year with Jrue Holiday and Tyreke Evans, while losing very little, but Pelicans haven't proven that they can win, and Mavs still haven't proven that they will lose. Even in a terrible season last year, we were .500.

Pelicans had a pretty decent season for them and went 27-55.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #2767
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk View Post
Wasn't aware that Dallas still had a team... Is Dirk playing this year?
Who?
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #2768
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Who?

her?
Old 09-17-2013, 09:49 PM   #2769
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

wat

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #2770
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

Pelicans had a pretty decent season for them and went 27-55.
haha...well said.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #2771
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Who are these NBA analysts who honestly believe that these Dallas Mavericks are inferior to those of last year or even the year prior?

A team which lacked its best player for 29 games and an additional 6 games with him as a starter managed to finish with a .500 record. Can we count on Dirk playing all 82 games this season? I doubt it, but I expect him to miss far fewer games this year.

The front court last season appeared to lack confidence in itself. I don't see confidence being an issue with Jose Calderon, Monta Ellis, and Devin Harris.

At center we lacked any defensive presence with size. We have at least Dalembert this year to fill that hole.

I understand that the Mavericks are not the only team to improve this offseason, but I think they've improved far more than they've been given credit for. They are definitely not 11 games worse than last year. They are quite possibly 11 games better though.
NeedlesKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #2772
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

It comes from the idea that so many teams got better. I mean even we Mavs fans are automatically under the assumption that we got better because the individual players stats appear to be better than those who they replaced. The difference is Dirk. He's been a constant here and it's obvious to anyone who watched the games last year that his absence and slow return is what tanked our season. We won't be able to say it for much longer, but a healthy Dirk and capable (not great) surrounding squad is a ~50 win team. He's proved it consistently. As long as we don't have another Odom on our hands, I don't see it ending any other way. Now, the question is where 50 wins puts you in the west. Chances are, in the lower seeds of the playoffs. That said, if 1 to 2 players step it up a notch and perform beyond expectations, I feel we can at least make it to the second round.

Last edited by Dirk's Knee; 09-19-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Dirk's Knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #2773
samoan-maverickII

samoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to all

WHO CARES!?!?

Under the radar is where we need to stay. Let's just stop expecting respect and force people to give it to us... Again. GO MAVS!!

Last edited by samoan-maverickII; 09-19-2013 at 06:44 PM.
samoan-maverickII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:40 PM   #2774
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

11 days to media day.
12 days to first practice.
18 days until we start opening some eyes with how good we are.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:12 AM   #2775
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

After thinking through the summer off season. I feel like Monte needs to prove all the haters wrong. I'm pulling for the guy to be on a mission. Dirk needs help!
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #2776
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

It amazes me how completely complacent I have become since 2011. That whole experience was truly fulfilling. Even more than I thought at the time. I just don't have that level of emotion anymore. I was happy for Dirk and I was happy for the fans.

I'll just be in queue for the rest of my life watching the Mavs. If our name is called again, I'll waddle up to the front and watch with a smile on my face.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #2777
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

8 days to media day.
9 days to first practice.
15 days until the first preseason game.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about this season.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #2778
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
8 days to media day.
9 days to first practice.
15 days until the first preseason game.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about this season.
Erica - thanks for the countdown - I'm really pumped for this season.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #2779
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Next week.................................

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:22 PM   #2780
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

I think Dirk is going to be cryogenically frozen like demolition man till tip off.

Last edited by yahyes; 09-25-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:57 PM   #2781
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

thats just creepy
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:26 AM   #2782
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
thats just creepy
Nope. It's just Dirk chillin like a villain. Demolition man style.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #2783
some1nw
Golden Member

some1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to all

Old 09-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #2784
some1nw
Golden Member

so pumped for this season

Last edited by some1nw; 09-26-2013 at 08:12 PM.
some1nw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #2785
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

For an old fart, dude sure is ripped. Meow.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:54 AM   #2786
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by some1nw View Post
yeah push push Vince!!!

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:51 AM   #2787
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

He looks like 50. But hey what do i know. All he needs to do is making some 3s and then we should be OK.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:07 AM   #2788
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For an old fart, dude sure is ripped. Meow.
Pahaha, wtf. Are you talking about Vince??? Those tiny legs and arms, Ripped? Lol. He IS pumping some sweet 15lb dumbells tho!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:41 PM   #2789
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
But hey what do i know.
Yep.

Other than that: Carter was one of the best players last year.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:23 PM   #2790
bobdole22

bobdole22 has a spectacular aura aboutbobdole22 has a spectacular aura about

I'm expecting a big year for Vince. He still had a ton of dunk last season. Plus he has really stepped up his D. Veterans are what push a good team over the edge.

Stop trying to luck out in free agency like the Heat and built a team the right way.

bobdole22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:03 AM   #2791
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

The offseason ends in T-2 days.

Onward with the pre-season
Old 09-28-2013, 09:55 AM   #2792
Kante
Diamond Member

RC is hilarious:

http://www.mavs.com/videos/complicat...le-high-fives/
Old 09-28-2013, 10:01 AM   #2793
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings...r/2014/week/-1

Quote:
One of the toughest teams on the board to forecast. For all the justifiable hand-wringing over what Dallas didn't get done in free agency for a second straight summer, you can't ignore that this team went 41-41 last season with Dirk missing 29 games. And the new roster is undeniably stronger.
Gladly there are some smart dudes left between all the braindeads.

Last edited by j0Shi; 09-28-2013 at 10:03 AM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #2794
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

Tickets just went on sale this morning, did anyone else buy some?
I'm going to the opener vs the Hawks and vs the Thunder in March
Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #2795
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

i don't know if we are good for win,maybe not,but i like this roster...if we stay healty i think we could win much games.

it's the most important season for Monta,he has all star potential...i trust in him.

Go mavsssssssssssssssssssss
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cad von ghostymooglebane, moogleghostfacechamp, ummmm