Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-09-2014, 08:15 PM   #41
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
This FA has made me despise twitter this last week. But I cant quit now. Gotta keep refreshing
Word.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2014, 08:16 PM   #42
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That prospect seems crazy given that the Rockets turned down a dirt-cheap team option so that Parsons could become a restricted free agent this summer rather than an unrestricted free agent next year, but reports to this point suggest that Parsons and Houston may not be in perfect alignment. For one: That Parsons intends to sign his offer sheet at the earliest possible moment makes life difficult for the Rockets, challenging the team to set its table within the aforementioned three-day window. Beyond that, Parsons reportedly negotiated with the Rockets throughout the day on Wednesday, according to Yahoo! Sports. Had the two sides reached a tentative agreement along these same lines, they could have waited to complete it until after Houston had conducted its other free agent business. That Parsons was willing to commit to Dallas' offer doesn't merely convey that he's open to leaving, but also that he's not willing to fold his own interests into Houston's greater plans.
More here from Rob Mahoney

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:21 PM   #43
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

What is a trade kicker?

CapitanObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:21 PM   #44
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
More here from Rob Mahoney
Uh that article says 3 for 62.5 million. Hopefully it's corrected soon b4 some crazies think it's for real.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:24 PM   #45
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah he got confused with that Hayward deal.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:26 PM   #46
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
Uh that article says 3 for 62.5 million. Hopefully it's corrected soon b4 some crazies think it's for real.
Nah, max is about $15m per year for a 0-6 year player.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-09-2014 at 08:30 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:31 PM   #47
Underdog

@ChrisMannixSI: Hearing DAL is trying to get creative with Chandler Parsons offer sheet. Possibly to front or backload it, make it tougher for HOU to match

Old 07-09-2014, 08:37 PM   #48
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I think this is a brilliant move by the MBT. Absolutely brilliant! Parsons is young, can spread the floor, is in perpetual motion on both sides of the ball, seems like a great teammate, is a good friend of Dirk, plays decent defense, seems to have a high BBIQ. I love that they went BIG with the contract. You have to overpay in this case and if you're going to overpay then Chandler Parsons is a great way to spend your money (assuming the Rockettes don't match). I was worried they would try to finesse this with a contract more like $12 or $13M per, but $15M will give 'em some heartburn down in Houston. Well done Cubes!
Old 07-09-2014, 08:37 PM   #49
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
@ChrisMannixSI: Hearing DAL is trying to get creative with Chandler Parsons offer sheet. Possibly to front or backload it, make it tougher for HOU to match
Taste of Rockets' own medicine. I like it. They stole Asik/Lin with moves like that.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-09-2014 at 08:38 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:41 PM   #50
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitanObvious View Post
What is a trade kicker?
There are lots of different rules, but the most common three are:
1) The player can not be traded under any circumstance
2) Players have the right to veto any trade
3) Players are paid cash considerations by either the team trading or the team recieving.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:41 PM   #51
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I was under the impression there wasn't much they could do to in terms of front- or back-loading. I wonder if the trade kicker is what Mannix is referring to.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:43 PM   #52
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Can't be done.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:43 PM   #53
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Sweat em out Cubes! Serves Morey right for calling to gloat about Howard last offseason
Old 07-09-2014, 08:50 PM   #54
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Can't be done.
Yeah I don't see how we do anything like that. The difference is those guys weren't getting max deals. You can be much more creative in those situations
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:52 PM   #55
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Worth the contract if we can sign him. Though Lebron is still going to keep thinking.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:54 PM   #56
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Houston is falling apart fast. I love it! There's little chance that they can actually match the offer sheet that Parsons has signed with Dallas.

We have a strong starting lineup with Devin Harris, Monta Ellis, Chandler Parsons, Dirk Nowitzki, and Tyson Chandler.

What bugs me though is our bench ATM.

Brandan Wright is coming back and can play the 4/5. Then we have Jae Crowder who can play the 2/3. I can't say I am really excited about any of the other bench guys unless Raymond Felton has a breakout season and stays out of trouble here in Dallas as our backup PG. I wouldn't mind giving PG Gal Mekel and SF Ricky Ledo another chance, but I think they need to develop still. They'll play at the end of games that have already been decided for the most part.

We still have 5 more roster spots, and we can't offer more than the minimum to any of them as far as I know. I don't think we have a MLE. Please say that I am wrong about that. I read the current rules about the MLE here: http://www.sportingcharts.com/dictio...exception.aspx

I don't know where we'd fall if we're eligible.

Will veterans want to sign for the minimum to play with our new starting 5?
NeedlesKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:58 PM   #57
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Tyson Chandler Parsons... its like one of those Wheel of Fortune "Before and After" puzzles. I think its destiny that the Rockets don't match......
Old 07-09-2014, 08:59 PM   #58
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Yikes... does this contract mean we lose Vince?
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:00 PM   #59
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
Houston is falling apart fast. I love it! There's little chance that they can actually match the offer sheet that Parsons has signed with Dallas.

We have a strong starting lineup with Devin Harris, Monta Ellis, Chandler Parsons, Dirk Nowitzki, and Tyson Chandler.

Brandan Wright is coming back and can play the 4/5. Then we have Jae Crowder who can play the 2/3. I can't say I am really excited about any of the other bench guys unless Raymond Felton has a breakout season and stays out of trouble here in Dallas as our backup PG. I wouldn't mind giving PG Gal Mekel and SF Ricky Ledo another chance, but I think they need to develop still. They'll play at the end of games that have already been decided for the most part.

We still have 5 more roster spots, and we can't offer more than the minimum to any of them as far as I know. I don't think we have a MLE. Please say that I am wrong about that. I read the current rules about the MLE here: http://www.sportingcharts.com/dictio...exception.aspx

Vince Carter and Mo Williams off the bench will be pretty good. Also Blair and a backup PF at the min
Old 07-09-2014, 09:01 PM   #60
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post

Tap them brakes. There's nothing to prevent them matching.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:03 PM   #61
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Yikes... does this contract mean we lose Vince?
He'd have to take the room exception. Not a given, by any stretch, but reportedly not out of the question, either. Just have to wait and see whether some other contender offers him more or if that ends up being in the ballpark of his market value.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:04 PM   #62
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Tap them brakes. There's nothing to prevent them matching.
True but its pretty undeniable that this is a worst case scenario for Houston. Even if they move the parts to sign Bosh and resign Parsons, they are looking at a heavy luxury tax situation for at least the next 3 years. 15 per year with player option AND trade kicker.. I just can't imagine they had this in mind before free agency started. Only way the Mavs truly lose in this deal is if other Free Agents rush to get contracts in the next 3 days. It would behoove everyone if players like Stephenson and Deng are patient and wait out the weekend.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:04 PM   #63
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I love everything about this deal. GO out guns blazing and overpayin', and then start over in 3 years when Dirk retires.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:04 PM   #64
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

I've been reading the Rockets forum for the last hour and majority of the fans do not think that their front office will match this offer.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:05 PM   #65
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
True but its pretty undeniable that this is a worst case scenario for Houston. Even if they move the parts to sign Bosh and resign Parsons, they are looking at a heavy luxury tax situation for at least the next 3 years. 15 per year with player option AND trade kicker.. I just can't imagine they had this in mind before free agency started. Only way the Mavs truly lose in this deal is if other Free Agents rush to get contracts in the next 3 days. It would behoove everyone if players like Stephenson and Deng are patient and wait out the weekend.
Nothing about a Beverly/Harden/Parsons/Bosh/Howard lineup is worst-case.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:07 PM   #66
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Nothing about a Beverly/Harden/Parsons/Bosh/Howard lineup is worst-case.
Now I would have to look at the salary cap numbers, but assuming they are well over the cap and deep into luxury for the next 3 consecutive seasons.. that would be STEEP money to pay given the way the new luxury tax works. And its not like your guaranteed to win out of the West. They still have a teribad coach to work around.

And when I said worst case I am simply speaking in terms of what they had projected when they allowed him to become a restricted free agent. Do you really think they had any idea that he would get a contract with the money and extras that the Mavs just offered?

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 07-09-2014 at 09:08 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:09 PM   #67
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsar View Post
I've been reading the Rockets forum for the last hour and majority of the fans do not think that their front office will match this offer.
I think it all depends on Bosh. If LeBron commits to Cleveland I think there is a very, very good chance that Parsons comes to Dallas.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:11 PM   #68
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsar View Post
They'd have to be stupid to match. If they match, they are looking at four guys getting more than the cap by themselves. Perhaps they can talk someone into taking Lin, but that is still a lot of money for only three guys that they had last year.

Howard 21.4mill
Parsons 15.8mill
Harden 14.7mill
Lin 14.9mill
------------------
66.8mill
Old 07-09-2014, 09:13 PM   #69
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.mavsoutsider.com/2014/07/...ndler-parsons/
Old 07-09-2014, 09:15 PM   #70
fluid.forty.one

Apparently Houston might be getting rid of Lin... That makes things more interesting.

http://www.libertyballers.com/2014/7...ade-chris-bosh
Old 07-09-2014, 09:20 PM   #71
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not entirely sure I want Vince to take the room exception (assuming Parsons comes here, which is far from certain).

Think we might be better served with a solid PF/C with that slot.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 07-09-2014, 09:22 PM   #72
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Fantastic article summarizing everything. Only thing I disagree with is the ceiling on Parsons defense. Everything I have seen and read indicates he has the talent to be an above average defender. As you pointed out he was coached down and honestly pretty much everyone on that team under performs at the defensive end. The real question in his game is if he can improve his rebounding and toughness in the paint. Can't wait to see how things transpire. As you said, "If the Rockets decide to match, the Mavericks will go on down the trail halfway happy, knowing they've created salary cap hell for a rival". Couldn't agree more.

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 07-09-2014 at 09:25 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:23 PM   #73
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I'm not entirely sure I want Vince to take the room exception (assuming Parsons comes here, which is far from certain).

Think we might be better served with a solid PF/C with that slot.
Valid point. Parsons/Crowder should be enough to hold down the position.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:25 PM   #74
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Apparently Houston might be getting rid of Lin... That makes things more interesting.

http://www.libertyballers.com/2014/7...ade-chris-bosh
This has been in the works for the last week. It's pretty much assumed that if Bosh comes then Lin has to go. It's pretty much a given that Houston CAN retain Parsons while adding Bosh. The question is if they are willing to pay that kind of money for the next 3 years while being WAY over the salary cap. I haven't seen the assumed math on what their roster would look like, but I can only imagine the damage keeping Parsons would do in year 3 of being over the cap.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:27 PM   #75
Underdog

Right now Houston is probably our biggest competition (money and fit-wise) in the SF market. I have a feeling guys like Deng and Ariza are going to see how this Parsons thing shakes out before making their move... Worst-case, it backfires on us and Houston goes all-in with that roster/luxtax - there could still be good options on the table (unless those guys decide to forgo a chance at a ring and sign for more money with a lesser team...)

Old 07-09-2014, 09:29 PM   #76
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

Quote:
Right now Houston is probably our biggest competition (money and fit-wise) in the SF market. I have a feeling guys like Deng and Ariza are going to see how this Parsons thing shakes out before making their move... Worst-case, it backfires on us and Houston goes all-in with that roster/luxtax - there could still be good options on the table (unless those guys decide to forgo a chance at a ring and sign for more money with a lesser team...)
Honestly it doesn't look like its an issue of more money with a lesser team. They just need to be patient enough to wait out the weekend as RFA's are sorted out. Hayward, Parsons, Monroe, and Bledsoe are all major players starting tomorrow.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:31 PM   #77
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
I was wrong about the rules, so I apologize for that(even though they are incredibly stupid) but in all honesty it's still mostly impossible. They have to finalize the asik trade, trade literally everyone but harden, Howard, parsons and beverly and then get bosh to sign the contract and have it all done by the 3rd day. That's a ton of moving parts to
Well, they already have a trade in place with Philly for Lin (reputable Philly blog reporting it), so they're really not that far off.

I'm reversing course a bit from before. I think they may pull off nabbing Bosh and keeping Parsons. But I'm totally speculating and obviously have no real idea.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 07-09-2014 at 09:33 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:34 PM   #78
Wang Zhi Zhi

Wang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMavsFan View Post
Someone educate me on the cap situation if this goes through. If Parsons is signed (and all the other deals go through; Dirk, Harris, Carter, etc.) do the Mavericks still have the full MLE to spend? . . . If the full MLE is available I would love to see the Mavs go after some shooters (or even an Ed Davis or Okafor type to shore up the front court). Wright is still there to dangle in trades too.
No MLE. Zack Lowe described it well recently: A team cannot get under the cap, use cap space to sign outside free agents, and then use the full midlevel exception. The full midlevel is only for teams that start and stay over the cap

In fact, we don't have any cap room for Carter if this goes through, so I think our only chance at Vince is if he took the room exception (I think $2.7MM?).

Plus still no real backup center, still no backup 4, and still Felton as the starting PG.

Last edited by Wang Zhi Zhi; 07-09-2014 at 09:40 PM.
Wang Zhi Zhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:35 PM   #79
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

ArturoGalletti (Of boxscore geeks) -
"We all realize that the Rockets could do Parsons/Bosh and just wait till 2016 for the cap to automatically catch up and take them out of tax"

thoughts?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:37 PM   #80
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
ArturoGalletti (Of boxscore geeks) -
"We all realize that the Rockets could do Parsons/Bosh and just wait till 2016 for the cap to automatically catch up and take them out of tax"

thoughts?
He's very correct. Although can't do Bosh at max.

If you made me bet, right now, I would bet on Houston matching.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 07-09-2014 at 09:37 PM.

Tags
is this clutchfans.net?, nonclutchfans.net