Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-22-2015, 03:55 PM   #1321
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I'll take my serving of crow for thinking Rondo's "positives"(ummm... maybe 2 servings of crow) outweigh the negatives. We still needed to make a move but this was a disaster.
Nothing is over until it's over. Raef's contract was a failure so we flipped him for Walker. Walker was a failure so we flipped him for Terry. Terry won us a championship.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2015, 03:59 PM   #1322
bilease

bilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to behold

After reading so many articles and comments from guys like Pierce, Garnett, Rivers I was convinced Rondo's competitive nature would make him try to perform well during the playoffs, whether he wants to leave or not. The fact that he apparently demands something close to a max contract should've been another reason to assume he's going to perform. The fact that he absolutely quit and abandoned his teammates show that he's not only immature and stubborn, he's also very stupid. Of course he damages our postseason, but he adds even more damage to his own career. Which team is going to give him a big contract now? Which playoff team would even want him at all?
bilease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:21 PM   #1323
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Well that worked out great. F him. He can bang a Kardashian and visit Odom in a drug rehab or whatever.

Last edited by j0Shi; 04-22-2015 at 04:22 PM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:31 PM   #1324
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Nothing is over until it's over. Raef's contract was a failure so we flipped him for Walker. Walker was a failure so we flipped him for Terry. Terry won us a championship.
I'm all for the whole waiting for the big broad to sing before you write it off but Idk how you flip an UFA who doesn't have just one foot out the door. He appears to have ran out the door, filled up his tank a mile down the road and is headed for the nearest runway. All of this during a playoff series where the basketball world thought "playoff rondo" would show up, not just our fan base.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:38 PM   #1325
iggymcfly

iggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really nice

At least I can root for the Mavs guilt-free for the rest of the series now. I feel freed of an incredible burden having Rondo off the court. That little tiny chance that they might re-sign him if he had a good postseason had been hanging over my head like a sword of Damocles. Finally, I can enjoy the Mavs again!
iggymcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 11:18 PM   #1326
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFFL View Post
What do the guys who initially stated your depleted bench won't be much of a hindrance - think now?

Clutchfans was glad the Mavs made this move because we could all see it weakened a formidable opponent.

A guy who can't shoot... Going to one of the hottest offensive teams in the league.... If you take your blinders off it's common sense this was destined to fail.

This is #2 in Cuban's failures this season. And they have both been big ones.

Wright ALWAYS hurt Houston. That was the biggest blessing in this trade.

Reading through these pages i'm dumbfounded not a lot of people appreciated the quality you had coming off your bench.
series isnt over yet. I have a feeling mavs are going to win because lets face it the rockets suck

pass the rock to the german moses
jamaljasonandjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 11:33 PM   #1327
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
what a failure of a team.
When was your last championship?

The two you won was only because Jordan retired.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 04-22-2015 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Cussing in quote. Not MFFL's fault.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 11:35 PM   #1328
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
You're right.

Among the 2987 alley oops in the 4th quarter, I picked up on things that the Mavs have going for them which could change the series.

IT INVOLVES THE GUY YOU SIGNED FOR 16 MILLION A YEAR, PLUS THE GUY YOU TRADED HALF YOUR BENCH FOR........ not playing anymore..

hahahahahahahahahah

what a failure of an owner.

what a failure of a team.

what a failure of a fanbase!!!
Rockets suck and will always suck, Harden is the king of free throws and being the bottom bitch

pass the rock to the german moses

Last edited by LonghornDub; 04-22-2015 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Troll can't behave.
jamaljasonandjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 02:15 AM   #1329
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

I just came to get my helping of crow.

I'm one of the few who bought season tickets the year we won 14 games. I kept buying them until we won a championship. I always hope and cheer that every move the MBT makes will be a success. Sometimes instead, they suck. How it is possible the Mavs bring in 2 ex-champs who have mental meltdowns here is hard to fathom. At least Odom flaked out during mid season.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:12 AM   #1330
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

I'll eat my share of crow as well. I was all on-board with the signing - but man, the trade for him no sucks big time.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 12:07 PM   #1331
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Lamar Rondo. I told you he wasn't a good fit.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 12:10 PM   #1332
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
Do you have a tip jar so we can give you tips?
Old 04-23-2015, 01:06 PM   #1333
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Let the "I told you so" dance begin...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 02:29 PM   #1334
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You were right. A lot of the other stuff you said was wrong, but you were certainly right about that when others (including myself) weren't.

Nice job.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 02:39 PM   #1335
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You never said anything about Rondo being a cancerous personality that would tank our team in the middle of the playoffs... You only prattled on about our pre-Rondo W-L record and how much we missed Wright's scoring off the bench. I mean, in a binary black/white world of absolutes, I guess you were right in that "Rondo=nope" -- but don't start pretending like you saw THIS coming.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-23-2015 at 02:44 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 03:21 PM   #1336
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So I guess you are satisfied with a 50 win team with Rondo over close to a 60 win team with Wright and Nelson.
Just to clarify the crow I'm eating has nothing to do with statements like this.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:27 PM   #1337
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
You being right is like a street preacher saying the world is going to end with the rapture on Friday, because the page numbers of the books you chose added up to today's date and then having the sun burn out.

Technically you were right about the world ending, but you were wrong about literally everything else.

Rondo with his head in the game is way better than you claimed.
Wright is not an allstar
Nelson was not a playoff starting PG
We were not headed to 60 or even 55 wins
Crowder was not the heart of our team
Our defense was not actually great or even passable before the trade
We could not beat good teams before the trade.

But, Rondo turned out to be a backstabbing prick so ultimately that trade was a disaster as you said. Congrats!

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 04-23-2015 at 03:39 PM.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:00 PM   #1338
conjurer

conjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to all

Quote:
Tyson Chandler was "a little surprised" by news of Rajon Rondo's back injury. Any indication he was hurting? (Smile.) "It is what it is."
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/st...01616436916224
conjurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:54 PM   #1339
alandidak92

alandidak92 is on a distinguished road

This article, called 'Saving Private Rondo', unpacks Rondo's fall from a statistical point of view and how he's now incompatible with the trends of the NBA... http://hamcj.com/2015/04/23/saving-private-rondo/
alandidak92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:01 PM   #1340
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

This is pretty funny and a much needed laugh with the whole mess...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNm9CSrrvr4

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:11 PM   #1341
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

As for Mavsfan1000, you were so right and I was so wrong. I just so wanted to be right, for Rondo to get it together. I fully think he could have, but somewhere along the line he decided he would not, so screw him.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:15 PM   #1342
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

He came in to Dallas for three months and did nothing more than take a shit on our city.

I have a new pejorative.

I ate too many tacos. Sorry, dudes, I need to take a massive Rondo. Be right back....
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 02:55 PM   #1343
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

The bottom line is that we never needed Rajon Rondo on this team. I just find it amazing how the eye test and stats showed that the Rondo trade had made the team worse, but yet we still had people here defending it to the death. Thanks to this trade yet another year of Dirk's career will be wasted. And don't give me the "B-b-but we weren't going anywhere with Jameer Nelson" crap. Just because you aren't going to win a championship with a certain player doesn't mean you have to make your team significantly worse. We already had a pretty good team. Why not make smaller moves to help in areas where we were struggling (Rebounding, Perimeter Defense)? Instead, our FO went out and made a move that didn't make much sense. And per the usual there is never any accountability from them. Just excuses from them and people constantly defending them no matter what they do. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the FO is always wrong but I look at Dirk and I see a great player that should have multiple rings. Ultimately, I do NOT think the FO did a good job of putting the right personnel (Both Players and even Coaches) around Dirk. It looks like Dirk took that pay cut for no reason now as we ended up as 7th seed and are currently on the verge of being swept.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 05:48 PM   #1344
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
The bottom line is that we never needed Rajon Rondo on this team. I just find it amazing how the eye test and stats showed that the Rondo trade had made the team worse, but yet we still had people here defending it to the death. Thanks to this trade yet another year of Dirk's career will be wasted. And don't give me the "B-b-but we weren't going anywhere with Jameer Nelson" crap. Just because you aren't going to win a championship with a certain player doesn't mean you have to make your team significantly worse. We already had a pretty good team. Why not make smaller moves to help in areas where we were struggling (Rebounding, Perimeter Defense)? Instead, our FO went out and made a move that didn't make much sense. And per the usual there is never any accountability from them. Just excuses from them and people constantly defending them no matter what they do. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the FO is always wrong but I look at Dirk and I see a great player that should have multiple rings. Ultimately, I do NOT think the FO did a good job of putting the right personnel (Both Players and even Coaches) around Dirk. It looks like Dirk took that pay cut for no reason now as we ended up as 7th seed and are currently on the verge of being swept.
You understand that the rondo trade was made specifically to address the areas you said we should have addressed right? I understand people hating the trade. I spent all of last year telling people rondo was the worst fit in the NBA next to ellis. That being said you judge process not results. The process that lead to this trade made sense. Dirk took that paycut to have a shot at winning titles while he played out the string. The team pre trade had no chance to win a title. Had everything gone absolutely right there was a reason to believe the mavs with rondo could have won a title. I'd rather strike out swinging than take strike 3.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:20 PM   #1345
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

My issue with people saying Rondo didn't fit next to Ellis is that Rondo just needed to be decent running the team and play good defense. Seriously, if all Rondo did was be a lock down or very good defender, then kudos. Rondo could have played good-great defense on Harden if he wanted to.

What I keep reminding people of is that Rondo never wanted to be here regardless of fit. You could just tell from his body language. And the fact that Rondo chose to play like star against his former Celtics to give something to the fans is further proof. I actually think Rondo can still play...when he wants to. He just never wanted to here. Why can be argued 1000 different ways, but I don't believe it ultimately came down to how he fit in the team.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:12 PM   #1346
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
My issue with people saying Rondo didn't fit next to Ellis is that Rondo just needed to be decent running the team and play good defense. Seriously, if all Rondo did was be a lock down or very good defender, then kudos. Rondo could have played good-great defense on Harden if he wanted to.

What I keep reminding people of is that Rondo never wanted to be here regardless of fit. You could just tell from his body language. And the fact that Rondo chose to play like star against his former Celtics to give something to the fans is further proof. I actually think Rondo can still play...when he wants to. He just never wanted to here. Why can be argued 1000 different ways, but I don't believe it ultimately came down to how he fit in the team.
The reason he wasnt happy and the reason people didnt think he would fit were the same thing. Neither he nor ellis has the mentality nor the skill set to play off the ball and excel.
Old 04-25-2015, 08:16 PM   #1347
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post

Agreed. Yeah my issue with the whole argument of them not fitting together is with our starting lineup we have Dirk and Ellis as negative defenders. CP is average to above average at best. TC being the only plus defender. So having a pg who can shoot is all great and everything but who exactly is going to stop dribble penetration? People here are blasting TC for his defense and rebounds but he is having to step up and challenge dribble penetration every play. Of course he isn't going to protect the penetration and stop the lob and be able to help Dirk in PnR abuse all the while boxing out Dwight Howard for rebounds. To think he should be doing all that is absurd.

The trade was obviously a failure but this team needs perimeter defense from the guard position in the worst possible way. So I do not fault the intent of the trade at all.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:32 PM   #1348
G-Man
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post

The trade was obviously a failure but this team needs perimeter defense from the guard position in the worst possible way. So I do not fault the intent of the trade at all.
You make a solid point, and I think that was much of the thinking that drove the trade. Years back, we traded for Kidd, who was very limited offensively, but very smart and played good D. Rondo should have been capable of the same things and at times he was. There was that week he held both Harden and Westbrook to below average games. He even came out aggressive and had a great start to game 2. Then he quit. He ain't no Kidd...more like a baby.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:42 PM   #1349
Five-ofan
Guru

The guard to play next to ellis would be Brandon knight
Old 04-25-2015, 10:49 PM   #1350
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
The reason he wasnt happy and the reason people didnt think he would fit were the same thing. Neither he nor ellis has the mentality nor the skill set to play off the ball and excel.
See I just don't agree with this because Rondo didn't have to be 2008 Rondo or even close to it for this to work. He didn't have to play off the ball and excel. He just didn't. Yes, it hurt the offense, but Rondo could have made it work if he wanted to. To quit on your team during the playoffs means you are extremely unhappy. I don't believe you become that unhappy by just a fit problem. Rondo could have easily showed or tried to show up Ellis with a competitive nature. There was a time where people wanted to keep Rondo over Ellis even with the offensive troubles. To quit like he did means he didn't care either way. Why? He didn't want to be a Maverick.

Old 04-26-2015, 12:45 AM   #1351
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
The guard to play next to ellis would be Brandon knight
Unfortunately the Suns gave up that plum Lakers pick to get him. Not to mention trading thomas. No way they don't offer the 5th year or whatever it takes to lock him.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 03:44 AM   #1352
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

from Bill Simmons
Grantland article 2 days ago...

The G-Baby Award for Most Depressing Sports Funeral

The violent, grisly, emotionally scarring and unexpectedly abrupt death of Playoff Rondo ranks right up there with the end of Furious 7 for me. I loved Playoff Rondo almost as much as I loved National TV Rondo. Those two guys represented everything I love and hate about sports all wrapped into the same perplexing package — the audacity of someone telling us during most regular-season games, Even though you paid to see me, and even though I make eight figures a year, you’re not getting my best tonight, coupled with the brilliance of someone who could say, There are real stakes tonight, so you’re getting my A-game, and by the way, I’m gonna be awesome.

I would love to know how my wife handled it if we were to go out for dinner once a week for four weeks, and every time, I wouldn’t say that much and would act weird but make just enough jokes to make the dinner passable … only every time we went out with another couple, I’d be hilarious and gregarious and charismatic and keep telling everyone, “You’re with Double-Date Simmons tonight!!!!!” You know what would happen? She’d dump Double Date Simmons and Regular Season Simmons. Only in sports can you pull off the idea of Playoff Rondo. And now it’s dead. R.I.P
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/th...our-continues/

AND THEN THERE IS THIS:
The Comedy Central Not Locking Up John Oliver Award for Biggest Mistake

Dallas gambled (AND ruined their bench AND wasted a first-round pick) by flagrantly violating the “You can get away with one head case, just don’t give him someone to hang out with” rule by teaming up Monta Ellis and Rondo. And even worse, they never considered things like, “Should we be worried that Rick Carlisle is a control freak who wants constant ball movement and Rondo loves to dominate the ball and control everything?” and “Should we be worried that Rondo can’t get to the line, can’t make free throws and can’t shoot 3s even though we’re in the pace-and-space/3s-and-free-throws era?” What a quietly devastating trade for them. Now they’re getting swept and have a future built around a winding-it-down Dirk, Chandler Parsons, cap space, Carlisle and Cubes. Yikes. And even worse, this whole thing led to Sad Dirk! I hate Sad Dirk!

The Roger Goodell Award for Biggest Hypocrite

Me. For everything in the previous paragraph. See, I absolutely LOVED the Rondo trade for Dallas and thought he was a semi-shell of himself in Boston only because he was playing possum. I haven’t misfired like that since … oh, wait, I’m wrong all the time. On the bright side, we finally got to watch an NBA star carry himself in playoff games with the exact same enthusiasm as a divorced dad ringing the doorbell of his ex-wife’s house.1 And even better, I just won a Roger Goodell Award!

The Scott Mitchell Award for Biggest Loser

Rondo lost between $30 million and $40 million this summer with that Mavericks fiasco. On the bright side, drunk Lakers fans and drunk Knicks fans everywhere are texting their friends, “Dp you think we csn get Ronddo at a bigf disconyt?”

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 04-26-2015 at 03:51 AM.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 11:00 AM   #1353
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
Per ESPN

From the Dec. 18 trade to Saturday night, when Rondo was injured, the Mavs ranked seventh in the NBA in defensive efficiency and were allowing 100.6 points per 100 possessions. (That dropped to 98.7 when Rondo has been on the floor.) Opponents' 3-point shooting plummeted to 33.4 percent, the sixth-lowest in the league during that span.
Wow

I had forgotten how good Rondo was when he was with us. Until the end of course

I have to agree with the poster who said the board was overwhelming FOR the trade. Of course Dirk was near the end and we were looking past any problem to find the bright side
Old 11-25-2020, 03:24 PM   #1354
Heezzi

Heezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to all

Quote:
Wow

I had forgotten how good Rondo was when he was with us. Until the end of course

I have to agree with the poster who said the board was overwhelming FOR the trade. Of course Dirk was near the end and we were looking past any problem to find the bright side
Anyone who knew how Rondo played and how Dallas played knew that trade was trash. Trading for Rondo broke the offense.
Heezzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 03:43 PM   #1355
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezzi View Post
Anyone who knew how Rondo played and how Dallas played knew that trade was trash. Trading for Rondo broke the offense.
Retrospect is easy

When the trade was made we were in the same boat we are in now. Historic offense and bad defense. You need balance and we knew the offense would suffer but hoped the added defense would make up the difference
Old 11-25-2020, 09:24 PM   #1356
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Are we starting to miss guys like Rondo, Walker, Abdul-Wahad, (Devean) George, and Odom now? lmao
Old 11-25-2020, 09:33 PM   #1357
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
Are we starting to miss guys like Rondo, Walker, Abdul-Wahad, (Devean) George, and Odom now? lmao
I hate Rondo

It was just the fact that someone was saying the board was completely pro-Rondo after the trade so I looked it up. And the board was pretty much for the trade. And the early results of the trade were pretty positive - we were a better defensive team afterwards

And Odom NEVER had any success with the Mavs so I don't care about him
Old 11-25-2020, 09:46 PM   #1358
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
I hate Rondo

It was just the fact that someone was saying the board was completely pro-Rondo after the trade so I looked it up. And the board was pretty much for the trade. And the early results of the trade were pretty positive - we were a better defensive team afterwards

I was joking. If we would like any of the guys I mentioned... maybe it'd be Walker or George. George pissed us off when he blocked the Kidd trade.
Old 11-25-2020, 11:35 PM   #1359
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
I hate Rondo

I said it not sure if you're referring to me but yeah this is proof. People are revising history. ITs easy to say now that the trade sucked and I'm one of Donnie's biggest critics but I'm not knocking him for this move. That move made sense at the time and we all for the most part were for it. The move didn't work but I think Rondo has proven that he can still play in this league just not for this team lol.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goat offense, jameer nelson goat