Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 04-09-2016, 05:27 PM   #81
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Really wish we could find a way to upgrade defensively/effort -wise/durability from D-Will.
If DWill is willing to sacrifice enough financially to make CP/DH work I'm ok with him being our PG with Barea and Harris as pretty nice insurance policies.
If Rick would go with more of a traditional lineup and play Anderson some at the 2 we could live with DWill being out of the lineup for long periods.

Dirk/CP/WM/JA/Powell is a pretty nice rotation at 2-4 and Harris/Barea/DWill is plenty deep at PG with that 2-4 situation.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2016, 07:14 PM   #82
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Gasol: Bulls lack urgency, awareness, maturity

He might be looking for a veteran team this summer, could be a point in our favor (assuming there's any sort of mutual interest).
I gotta think with him being at this stage of his career he would highly favor a Memphis reunion with his brother. And another reason for Conley to stay in Memphis.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:18 PM   #83
Rick Carlisle

Rick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant future

None of the opinions expressed here will be given consideration when next year's roster is put together.
Rick Carlisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:50 PM   #84
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

https://twitter.com/ESefko/status/718913555194580992
http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dall...winning-streak

Article by Sefko.
Quote:

LOS ANGELES - Wesley Matthews sees a bright future for rookie Justin Anderson - as long as he figures out how to control his one glaring weakness.

“He’s got to shut up a little bit more,” Matthews said of the recently promoted member of the Mavericks’ starting lineup. “He’s got people who care about him. He’s got all the physical tools you could ask for. Unfortunately, he doesn’t shut up.”

Anderson definitely is a talker. He is never afraid to say what’s on his mind on the practice floor, in the locker room or just about anywhere else. And his teammates tend to let him know when he gets a little too vocal.

“(Matthews) always tells me that,” Anderson said. “But he knows I’m not going to back down. I’m going to challenge those guys and I like to talk a lot. I’ve slowed it down some because they do this thing where if I keep talking, they wrestle me five against one and get me on the ground and I just have to surrender. So, I realized my lesson real quick.”

It’s all in good fun, of course. But what’s a pro sports team if there can’t be some harmless rookie hazing?

All of that ends, of course, when the games begin. And since getting in the starting lineup at Denver on March 28, Anderson has not lost. The Mavericks’ six-game winning streak matches their longest of the season.

During the streak, Anderson has averaged 9.2 points and 7.2 rebounds while playing about 28 minutes per game.

He’s given the Mavericks something to talk about, if nothing else, not to mention the fact that they are one win (or one Houston loss) from clinching a playoff berth.

The Mavericks have their eyes set on the No. 6 playoff seed and a first-round matchup with Oklahoma City largely because of the energy and production Anderson has provided.

“I’ve been staying in his ear, telling him not to worry about (things),” Raymond Felton said of Anderson’s rookie season that has included 27 games when he didn’t play. “There’s a lot of guys who have been through this. I told him to just stay professional and you’ll get your moment. He got his opportunity and he’s doing great. I’m proud of him.”

Anderson admits there were times when he was jumping back and forth from the NBA Development League Texas Legends in Frisco to the Mavericks when he wasn’t sure he’d ever get a legitimate shot to contribute as a rookie.

Then he remembered one thing: he’s a rookie.

“Some days, you have (doubts),” he said. “But others, you look in the mirror and say: you’re a small-town kid from Montross, Virginia, you got to be thankful for every opportunity, just to be suited up was a huge deal to me. Or even in a suit on the bench. I always tried to stay optimistic and keep my eyes on the prize.

“It was tough times, but what’s a rookie year if you don’t have some ups and downs? So it’s good to look back and see my growth.”

To say the least, Anderson never acted like he had any sense of entitlement after being drafted 21st last June.

Instead, he’s earned things slow and steady, which is exactly the way coach Rick Carlisle likes it.

“He’s rebounding well, he’s defending well on the ball and his shot-making was there (Friday vs. Memphis),” Carlisle said. “He’s staying with the process.”

As Matthews said: “He’s playing off pure adrenaline. He’s staying within himself and making plays that are there. And he’s slowing himself down. He’s made some big energy plays for us and he’s going to have to continue to do that.”

And as for the chatter? Matthews said it’s something they stay on Anderson about.

But as long as his actions on the court speak louder than his words, they can live with it.
I know I'm all in on the Simba fan club, but Idk how him talking is a negative if it's being used in the way described. I thought Wes basically does the same thing? I actually don't want him to stop if it's being used as Simba is describing.

--Edit--
I quoted the whole thing, if it needs to be condensed I'll do so- otherwise just click the 2nd link to provide the appropriate click to author.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 04-09-2016 at 07:52 PM.
Old 04-09-2016, 07:53 PM   #85
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

If Anderson keeps it up for the remaining games, does that make Parsons more expendable or does Parsons spend more time at the 4 as Dirk fades?

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 04-09-2016 at 07:54 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:08 PM   #86
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
If Anderson keeps it up for the remaining games, does that make Parsons more expendable or does Parsons spend more time at the 4 as Dirk fades?
My assumption is that Parsons is the PF of the future here.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:09 PM   #87
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's the (23)million dollar question.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-09-2016 at 08:09 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:10 PM   #88
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
If he keeps it up, it at least allows us some flexibility at exploring other options. Unfortunately, I just don't think the other options are that great in this years FA class. The only other wing player that is comparable would be Batum but he's an inferior offensive player, especially as a shooter. And he doesn't offer the same kind of small ball option as a backup 4 to Dirk. So if he did come cheaper than Parsons we would need a competent 4 to backup Dirk which would likely cost more than just getting the 1 player and save the roster spot. But the injury concern I think opens the door for some discussion if nothing else.

For my money I think Parsons is better kept and if it doesn't work out the cap rises yet again so I think he can easily be moved in the future which would mitigate some concern in that department.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:29 AM   #89
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

There is next to zero chance we get Conley this off season. Well over half the league would be a better destination for him. As has been said numerous times by several different people, Parsons and Dwight is the best option of the limited free agents that we have a solid chance at getting.

As for PG, I do keep coming back to Clarkson just because there is a greater than 50% chance he may have something. Not super-star something, but at least solid role player that can be decent defense and keep the offense rolling when we need it for a few minutes.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 09:24 AM   #90
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure anymore if I want Deron back. The ideal PG is obviously Conley but thats a pipe dream, so maybe Jordan Clarkson or Brandon Jennings?

Clarkson/Barea
Wes/Harris/Felton
Parsons/Simba
Dirk/Lee
Ezeli/Mejri

I personally dont want to go crazy on the roster turnover. I like Zaza but we have no need for him. If not Ezeli, maybe whiteside or Al Jefferson if the money is there.
Old 04-17-2016, 10:06 AM   #91
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Not sure anymore if I want Deron back. The ideal PG is obviously Conley but thats a pipe dream, so maybe Jordan Clarkson or Brandon Jennings?

Clarkson/Barea
Wes/Harris/Felton
Parsons/Simba
Dirk/Lee
Ezeli/Mejri

I personally dont want to go crazy on the roster turnover. I like Zaza but we have no need for him. If not Ezeli, maybe whiteside or Al Jefferson if the money is there.
Deron is just so unpredictable. Where is the DWill we saw against Utah the other night? That's the player this team needs in the playoffs. You'd think going against the best in the league would bring that fire out, but judging by yesterday's game that's not the case. Inconsistent and injury prone.

Last edited by BPo001; 04-17-2016 at 10:07 AM.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 10:32 AM   #92
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
REPORT: Mavs & Rajon Rondo Heading For Summer Reunion

Old 04-17-2016, 11:30 AM   #93
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm afraid to click. I'm hoping that's an old April fools article.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:39 AM   #94
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

The only way Rondo comes back to this team is if Odom demands it before he signs with us.

Article is the biggest pile of bull$hit I've read all year.
Old 04-18-2016, 09:15 AM   #95
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
The only way Rondo comes back to this team is if Odom demands it before he signs with us.

Article is the biggest pile of bull$hit I've read all year.
Did you read the entire article? Because the last paragraph is the most important part of the whole thing...

Old 04-18-2016, 10:15 AM   #96
MavzMan
Golden Member

Sorry, I didn't read the last part. I gave up too early.

Urf.
Old 04-18-2016, 01:21 PM   #97
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

While I like Jordan Clarkson, I find it ridiculous to consider him as serious option. He is restricted and you can not have plan x with restricted players. Especially since Lakers look to keep their backcourt.

Fact is that there just are not enough good point guards on the market. You may as well just go nuts and see how much Cleveland is willing to pay for Dellavedova. His 3PT shot has been good in general and even though I have not followed him lately, his on-ball defense was good enough last season.

Brandon Jennings is pretty much the only solid option out there. You are looking at him or D-Will.

Honestly, looking at it the Mavs should just go nuts. Sign a guy like Eric Gordon - a bit too oft injured for my liking - who is good at defense and can shoot three ball really well. Have Gordon and Matthews start the game and run the show through Parsons. If you can not get a decent point guard from free agency, you may as well do something many of us have been wanting to see. Start the 'Parsons has the ball' experiment.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 04:50 PM   #98
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebo View Post
While I like Jordan Clarkson, I find it ridiculous to consider him as serious option. He is restricted and you can not have plan x with restricted players. Especially since Lakers look to keep their backcourt.

Fact is that there just are not enough good point guards on the market. You may as well just go nuts and see how much Cleveland is willing to pay for Dellavedova. His 3PT shot has been good in general and even though I have not followed him lately, his on-ball defense was good enough last season.

Brandon Jennings is pretty much the only solid option out there. You are looking at him or D-Will.

Honestly, looking at it the Mavs should just go nuts. Sign a guy like Eric Gordon - a bit too oft injured for my liking - who is good at defense and can shoot three ball really well. Have Gordon and Matthews start the game and run the show through Parsons. If you can not get a decent point guard from free agency, you may as well do something many of us have been wanting to see. Start the 'Parsons has the ball' experiment.
I agree about Clarkson, they'll just match anything.
I think we'd have trouble getting the ball up court and into the offense consistently without a true pg.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 05:56 PM   #99
MavzMan
Golden Member

I keep forgetting about Eric Gordon. He would be a good fit actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-18-2016, 08:39 PM   #100
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Pachulia just needs to go. I don't even care if we only have Mejri and development guys. Dude is a net negative
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 08:49 PM   #101
Underdog

Quote:
Pachulia just needs to go. I don't even care if we only have Mejri and development guys. Dude is a net negative
Literally... -10

Old 04-18-2016, 10:15 PM   #102
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Ill pass on Eric Gordon. Has he ever played 82 games?
Old 04-18-2016, 10:18 PM   #103
BPo001
Diamond Member

I wonder what Noah is looking for next year. Isn't he a FA this summer? He's been hurt the past few years, but his ability to pass the ball would fit well with this team. If healthy his defense was over above average.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:18 PM   #104
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Ill pass on Eric Gordon. Has he ever played 82 games?
78 in his rookie season, never more than 64 since....

Old 04-18-2016, 10:20 PM   #105
Underdog

Quote:
I wonder what Noah is looking for next year. Isn't he a FA this summer? He's been hurt the past few years, but his ability to pass the ball would fit well with this team. If healthy his defense was over above average.
Ill pass on Joakim Noah. Has he ever played 82 games?

Old 04-18-2016, 10:24 PM   #106
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Old 04-18-2016, 11:04 PM   #107
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Touche'. He's played 80 twice and 74 his rookie year. I didn't realize he was 31 already.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:26 AM   #108
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
That is something I am afraid the most. I do think that he has to go, I like Mejri a lot more. But front office seemed to be in love with him before the all star break. Since then his minutes have fallen and it is hard to conclude if FO plans to re-sign him or not. If Noah comes cheaper, I would take him over Pachulia, even though there is no big difference.

But seriously, point guard position looks to be bigger concern to be honest.
Old 04-19-2016, 07:32 PM   #109
Melonhead
Guru

I did not realize Clarkson was restricted. In that case, forget about it.
And heck no to Gordon. He stays injured unfortunately. Maybe Dallas works magic, but Im not convinced thatll keep him on the court.

So its between Jennings or DWill for me. I guess Delladova if we cant get either of those but im not fond of him or his play.
(Hopefully the Mavs will draft a PG that we could build on)

Last edited by Melonhead; 04-19-2016 at 07:34 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 07:37 PM   #110
Underdog

Quote:
So its between Jennings or DWill for me. (Hopefully the Mavs will draft a PG that we could build on)
I was lobbying for Jennings back before we got Ellis... Not a big fan of his work since.

Maybe DWill sticks with us for the right price? Can't rely on him to play heavy minutes as a starter, so he should definitely be paid accordingly.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-19-2016 at 07:43 PM.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:02 PM   #111
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Speaking of former Bucks guards... Current Bucks guard MCW is prolly at his lowest value he'll ever be. We have like no assets outside of vet pg's and Powell(Simba should be out of trade talks) but I wonder what it would take to get him here. I really don't think teams value him with a 1st round pick anymore so he is probably very obtainable. He can't shoot 3's but we have guys who can. I wonder if RC or Wes or someone could teach him a little Livingston style guard post-up game and mid range.

--Edit--
I should add I'm not a fan of his but his length and inside scoring ability would be intriguing depending if we even had assets that would appeal to them.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 04-19-2016 at 08:03 PM.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:55 PM   #112
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

What starter quality PGs are possibly available through trade in the off season?
Rubio ?, Teague ?, Knight ?, George Hill ?, Beverly ?, MCW ?, Holiday ?

I like the idea of MCW if he is a good defender.

Any others?
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:32 PM   #113
MavzMan
Golden Member

I was hoping MCW would slide in the draft and we could have got him. He may actually fit with this team also. We need primarily a defensive PG as the ball needs to be in Dirk or Parsons' hands most of the time. That's why i liked the idea of Gordon. I will give DWill credit that he is a smart player and might be a good mentor for MCW.
Old 04-20-2016, 06:31 AM   #114
Thebo

I do not think MCW is available. Besides, if Jason Kidd can not make something out of this guy then why would anyone think that RC could? RC will not even play young guys who have proven themselves.

I love me some Rubio though. Loved him here in Europe, have not watched him much with T-Wolves but his defense is really good. Holger plus Rubio would be rather nice and I do not think RC will have trouble playing him. However, Mavs have nothing really serious to offer.

I think that Minnesota would be really interested in getting Powell but you still have to make salaries match or trade during the draft. In the end it will still hurt the free agency dealings.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:25 AM   #115
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebo View Post
I do not think MCW is available. Besides, if Jason Kidd can not make something out of this guy then why would anyone think that RC could? RC will not even play young guys who have proven themselves.

I love me some Rubio though. Loved him here in Europe, have not watched him much with T-Wolves but his defense is really good. Holger plus Rubio would be rather nice and I do not think RC will have trouble playing him. However, Mavs have nothing really serious to offer.

I think that Minnesota would be really interested in getting Powell but you still have to make salaries match or trade during the draft. In the end it will still hurt the free agency dealings.
Why is it always assumed that if a player works with Holger that their shot will suddenly be fixed? It worked for Dirk because he is a relentless worker who put in the time and effort to become great. I'd like to think Rubio has worked with other shooting coaches in his career. Some guys just plain can't shoot. I think RC's style of play, at least while Dirk is still here, requires us to play with a PG that can spread the floor. That would eliminate Rubio and MCW from the equation.
Old 04-20-2016, 10:09 AM   #116
MavzMan
Golden Member

Rubio's defense has never impressed me the few times that I've watched him and I know his outside shot has been pretty horrible so he doesn't impress me much. In fact, I thought that the TWolves would be better off without him now that they have quality young guys.

For MCW, yeah he would hurt out 3 point shot, stretch the floor strategy, but when I watched him his rookie year, he was able to create quite a bit off the dribble and get to the lane. Also, his defense was actually really good as a rookie. I remember him getting a lot of steals due to his length. But yeah, I'm not sure if it's even possible to get him from Kidd.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:27 AM   #117
Thebo

Quote:
I think RC's style of play, at least while Dirk is still here, requires us to play with a PG that can spread the floor. That would eliminate Rubio and MCW from the equation.
While it seems to be true that RC can not play without a point guard who is able to spread the floor, the question still remains who Mavs should target for the next season's point guard spot?

My main reason for Rubio was because of those who were named in previous posts, he was the only attainable option through trade because TWolves have no need for him.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:03 PM   #118
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
Rubio's defense has never impressed me the few times that I've watched him and I know his outside shot has been pretty horrible so he doesn't impress me much. In fact, I thought that the TWolves would be better off without him now that they have quality young guys.

For MCW, yeah he would hurt out 3 point shot, stretch the floor strategy, but when I watched him his rookie year, he was able to create quite a bit off the dribble and get to the lane. Also, his defense was actually really good as a rookie. I remember him getting a lot of steals due to his length. But yeah, I'm not sure if it's even possible to get him from Kidd.
Brian Windhorst on ESPN said he thinks Rubio is a top 3 defensive PG. I don't watch enough of that team to have an opinion.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:17 PM   #119
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Brian Windhorst on ESPN said he thinks Rubio is a top 3 defensive PG. I don't watch enough of that team to have an opinion.
I dont know if top 3 but he has the long arms for it.

I was screaming for Shaun Livingston before the Warriors signed him. He seems like a jack of all trades master of none type. Can get to the rim, can drive, decent midrange, and good defense. Knows how to get guys involved etc.

I dont think we have enough for a trade, but you never know with Cubes. I hope they will look to the draft for a PG, regardless.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:01 AM   #120
Thebo

Quote:
I hope they will look to the draft for a PG, regardless.
Mavs only have 2nd round pick.

Of course there is still an option of Petteri Koponen http://www.euroleague.net/competitio...r?pcode=004178 but he might stay in Europe, depending whether his contract with Khimki has an out or not and if Mavs are interested enough. His 3PT percentage is decent.

I think he has been playing SG position and that is why his assists numbers are down.