Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-02-2022, 11:13 AM   #1
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute
Default WCSF Game 1 - Mavs at Suns - 9 CT on TNT

Alright ladies and gentlemen... let's see if I can bring some of my patented thread-starting luck versus the best team in the league.

We have a shot. Suns haven't seen this team before. Get good looks and limit bad shots. LFG. MFFL.
Old 05-02-2022, 11:40 AM   #2
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Most sites that breakdown this series in their previews seem to mention the Suns will target Brunson on defense. Use switches to get on him Booker defensively.

Offensively mot seem to think Phoenix is better prepared to handle him because they have lengthy wings.

I guess this where the Mavs will need Dinwiddie to show up more than 1-2 games and shoot with efficiency.

I believe offensively the lop threat to Powell will be more effective vs Ayton as opposed to Gobert so it should be very interesting to see what adjustments both coaches make after seeing each team's strategy after game 1.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 12:00 PM   #3
washedklean77

washedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to all

If the Mavs shoot well from three and limit their turnovers, they'll win. if not, they'll lose. GO MAVS!
Old 05-02-2022, 12:00 PM   #4
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Frank Ntilikina and Davis Bertans. Two wild cards that will shock the NBA world and help deliver Game #1 to the Mavs. Frank with his defense off the bench on CP3 and Bertans with four 3-pt bombs.

(Alternatively, Luka goes 40-15-10 and Mavs win.)

Take it to the bank.

Mavs 107
Suns 103
Old 05-02-2022, 12:55 PM   #5
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Lets. Go. Mavs.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 01:25 PM   #6
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Surrounded by Suns fans out here in AZ and they're the worst, but going to watch this one from a sports bar with some friends (two Mavs fans and a Suns fan).

Staying really quiet, but cheering hard inside, whether it's a Suns sweep or a Mavs win.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 01:46 PM   #7
Lestat_1795

Lestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by washedklean77 View Post
If the Mavs shoot well from three and limit their turnovers, they'll win. if not, they'll lose. GO MAVS!
Sums it up pretty well.
Lestat_1795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 03:07 PM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Threes gotta fall, but this is the series about the midrange. Ayton dominates inside and they have some killer perimeter defenders. They're top five in the league at both interior defense and three point defense

They're a bottom 5 team at mid-range defense. Brunson can live there. Luka has shown flashes of the mid-range (although he's been cold from midrange since Feb). Dinwiddie is okay from 5-10'

Mavs have to make them make adjustments by hitting mid-range jumpers.
Old 05-02-2022, 04:23 PM   #9
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold

I. Believe. That. We. Can. Win.
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 04:26 PM   #10
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I want to have confidence, but this is such a tough matchup. And a lot depends on Luka's health.

I think we lose this one, learn from it, then pick up the next one.

Go Mavs!!

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 05:06 PM   #11
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

I'm rooting for the Mavs big time, but this entire series is an uphill battle. On paper, I'd expect the series to last no more than 6 games with Phoenix winning. Personally, I think Brunson is the biggest factor as to whether or not the Mavs win. We really need Luka, Brunson, and Dinwiddie to score 65+/game to win imo.

I know I've been critical of Brunson's play against length and athleticism under which he has regularly disappeared. I have a napkin and some utensils ready to feast on a huge helping of crow if he can continue his torrid scoring pace. I am not optimistic, but I'll be rooting for him to make a big impact and earn some major bank. I really do think he's the biggest key to the series. Regardless of how great the defense is, a team has to outscore the opponent.

If I were Phoenix, I'd put Bridges on Brunson and try and shut him down. If Brunson is neutralized, then somebody else would have to step up, and that is probably Dinwiddie who has been pressing too much. I hope it's a fun series, and the Mavs should find lightning in a bottle at least twice in 6 games.
Go Mavs!

Last edited by turin; 05-02-2022 at 05:07 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 05:16 PM   #12
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Go Mavs!!
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 05:25 PM   #13
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Probably the best we can hope for is just steal 1 in Phoenix. This game or game 2 doesn't matter, but this game would be preferred.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 07:47 PM   #14
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

All the local news here is showing Brunson with tags like, “can the Suns stop Brunson”

Jalen has officially made it

28-5-4 on 53% eFG% do that
Old 05-02-2022, 08:34 PM   #15
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
I'm rooting for the Mavs big time, but this entire series is an uphill battle. On paper, I'd expect the series to last no more than 6 games with Phoenix winning. Personally, I think Brunson is the biggest factor as to whether or not the Mavs win. We really need Luka, Brunson, and Dinwiddie to score 65+/game to win imo.

I know I've been critical of Brunson's play against length and athleticism under which he has regularly disappeared. I have a napkin and some utensils ready to feast on a huge helping of crow if he can continue his torrid scoring pace. I am not optimistic, but I'll be rooting for him to make a big impact and earn some major bank. I really do think he's the biggest key to the series. Regardless of how great the defense is, a team has to outscore the opponent.

If I were Phoenix, I'd put Bridges on Brunson and try and shut him down. If Brunson is neutralized, then somebody else would have to step up, and that is probably Dinwiddie who has been pressing too much. I hope it's a fun series, and the Mavs should find lightning in a bottle at least twice in 6 games.
Go Mavs!
With all due respect. This is no way to eat crow. You gotta go bare hand primal with it. Utensils and napkin is really pussy-footing the process.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 09:08 PM   #16
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Lmaoooooooo Luka wtf my guy
Old 05-02-2022, 09:09 PM   #17
JTmoney2424

JTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of light

They look like horseshit early
JTmoney2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 09:12 PM   #18
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Getting Carlisle flashbacks
Old 05-02-2022, 09:13 PM   #19
Melonhead
Guru

Damn Reggie
Old 05-02-2022, 09:14 PM   #20
JTmoney2424

JTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of light

Powell is literally worthless. This guy should be nowhere near the court this series.
Old 05-02-2022, 09:15 PM   #21
Melonhead
Guru

All our worst fears realized in 5 minutes lol
Old 05-02-2022, 09:15 PM   #22
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Booker flexing after he missed a layup and got his own rebound
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 09:15 PM   #23
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

We might get swept.
Old 05-02-2022, 09:19 PM   #24
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

T there??
Old 05-02-2022, 09:19 PM   #25
BPo001
Diamond Member

Good call, ref
Old 05-02-2022, 09:21 PM   #26
tap2390
Diamond Member

Luka is horribly bad.

Edit: Right now.

Last edited by tap2390; 05-02-2022 at 09:21 PM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 09:24 PM   #27
BPo001
Diamond Member

I’d 100% be okay with never listening to Reggie Miller again.
Old 05-02-2022, 09:25 PM   #28
BPo001
Diamond Member

Keep it under 8 going into the second quarter.
Old 05-02-2022, 09:27 PM   #29
JTmoney2424

Why in the world is there a tv timeout with 4 seconds left?
Old 05-02-2022, 09:27 PM   #30
BPo001
Diamond Member

Luka is being aggressive, but not getting the same calls as PHX.
Old 05-02-2022, 09:28 PM   #31
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

It's going to be a long night if Brunson and Dinwiddie can't contribute. If it weren't for Maxi being on fire from 3, this game would already be over.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 09:32 PM   #32
JTmoney2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I’d 100% be okay with never listening to Reggie Miller again.
It’s awful. At least last series we got to hear the Mavs announcers on Bally Sports. Not the case this series for some reason.
Old 05-02-2022, 09:34 PM   #33
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Kidd gotta get us playing first halves next year

It’s better than Rick getting us burning in the first only to get blown out in the second half but it’s still a real issue

Mavs could spot Jazz 10 at the half because we could outscore them by 20 in the second half but you can’t spot good teams double digits and expect to win a lot
Old 05-02-2022, 09:35 PM   #34
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

On pace for 140-100
Old 05-02-2022, 09:36 PM   #35
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Powell, Bertans and Dinwiddie that's a lot of money the Mavs have tied up these guys

They have to fucking play well or else that's a lot of waisted money.

And to make matters worse they all bad defenders

Last edited by Dallas41; 05-02-2022 at 09:37 PM.
Old 05-02-2022, 09:39 PM   #36
Dallas41
Diamond Member

What kind of defense is Bertans playing
Old 05-02-2022, 09:41 PM   #37
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Our defense is so bad that Pheonix has 3 guys who struggled shooting the ball vs New Orleans that shooting lights out vs Dallas
Old 05-02-2022, 09:42 PM   #38
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

is that type of kick to the nuts a flagrant? no business flailing your leg out like that
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 09:43 PM   #39
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Fuck Crowder
Old 05-02-2022, 09:44 PM   #40
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTmoney2424 View Post
Powell is literally worthless. This guy should be nowhere near the court this series.
Suns are paying McGee half the money that Powell is making

Not only is he a terrible starter but his contract is horrible