Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-24-2003, 09:26 PM   #1
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default When was this done? and WHY?

Quite frankly, I have been very shocked by the exit of Doc. I understand now from some of the posts that some of the members were asked whether to let Doc go or let him stay. I cannot understand the fact that why weren't all the members asked about this? I am not trying to bring up any controvery here but asking only a few posters about this is probably not the right way this should have been done. I mean what was the measuring stick in selecting those few individuals to vote on this? I am sorry but I am still not able to digest this and wanted to get this out of my head. Please lock this thread if you feel like this is anyway against the rules specified. I am just voicing my opinion and do not want an unnecessary argument.

Please let me know by PM if this post is in anyway not appropriate.

And btw, I am voting against the decision to let doc go. He was a very good contributor to this site. Keeping him here would be a better decision than to let him go. This is just my opinion as an active member on this site.

Old 10-24-2003, 09:48 PM   #2
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: When was this done? and WHY?

Sincerely I think doc took the decision by himself. And only he knows why, in my opinion.

The best way to know it is to ask him directly. But I'm not sure about his e-mail address according to what he posted first.

However, you can try with the address in his profile.

Old 10-24-2003, 09:54 PM   #3
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

I just want to know if Doc wanted to go by himself .

Old 10-24-2003, 10:07 PM   #4
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Edit
Old 10-24-2003, 10:12 PM   #5
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

-edit-
Old 10-24-2003, 10:40 PM   #6
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road
Default RE:When was this done? and WHY?

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
I just want to know if Doc wanted to go by himself or was he forced to leave.
I heard a rumour that the other gurus forced him out.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 10:47 PM   #7
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

I don't really think the Mods would operate that way. I would guarentee that this was either his decision or a mod
decision. I can't imagine them really asking for some peoples opinions and not others.

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 10:49 PM   #8
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: veruca salt
I don't really think the Mods would operate that way. I would guarentee that this was either his decision or a mod
decision. I can't imagine them really asking for some peoples opinions and not others.
I >heard< that it didn't involve the mods. It was a decision of the three gurus and doc was outvoted.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 10:54 PM   #9
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I can assure you that the mods didn't run him off.

Doc left on his own will.
Old 10-24-2003, 10:57 PM   #10
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
I can assure you that the mods didn't run him off.

Doc left on his own will.

Thats all I need to know MFF. Thanks for the update.
Old 10-24-2003, 10:58 PM   #11
veruca salt
Platinum Member

That's what I would've thought MFF...i can't see any reason why the mods would want him gone.
Maybe he just got a new job or something.

Smile like you mean it
Old 10-24-2003, 11:01 PM   #12
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: veruca salt
That's what I would've thought MFF...i can't see any reason why the mods would want him gone.
Maybe he just got a new job or something.

Nice to have you back veruca. I missed you.
Old 10-24-2003, 11:23 PM   #13
Chiwas
Guru

Dang! Did she get back? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2003, 01:18 PM   #14
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

I was never asked about this in PM or otherwise.

I thought Doc decided for himself. I would be shocked if anyone voted any member off. Anything other than the mods or DJ banning someone for violating the rules is unacceptable.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 06:48 PM   #15
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

I have been talking to Doc and it definately was not by choice. He left to keep the peace in a BS situation. To who ramrodded this, thanks for pushing a good member out, you know who you are.
Old 10-25-2003, 07:27 PM   #16
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Maybe it's time this went to PMs....most of this is just hearsay, and i think the last thing people
need are rumours about board members.

edit: maybe not PM....there is an email address for Doc in the other Doc thread.

Smile like you mean it
Old 10-25-2003, 07:28 PM   #17
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

That's too bad. Tell Doc to just get a new keyboard!
Old 10-25-2003, 07:31 PM   #18
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Dirk41= konsesjonen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Fah Q
I have been talking to Doc and it definately was not by choice. He left to keep the peace in a BS situation. To who ramrodded this, thanks for pushing a good member out, you know who you are.

Could you give me a PM Fah?? Because I agree with you here. And the way things were worded, it most definately did seem like Doc was forced out, which is not right, he was a good poster. And I don't really see how anyone but a Mod can't stop him from posting.
Dirk41= konsesjonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 07:36 PM   #19
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

This is a great mystery. A stunt perhaps? Someone knows but can't say. Hopefully someday Doc will see fit to return and/or someone will let him.
Old 10-25-2003, 07:46 PM   #20
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
He left to keep the peace in a BS situation.
This is the best explanation about the subject -and it seems coming from a real mail by him. End of speculations.

Old 10-25-2003, 08:20 PM   #21
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Dirk41= konsesjonen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
Quote:
He left to keep the peace in a BS situation.
This is the best explanation about the subject -and it seems coming from a real mail by him. End of speculations.
No, not "end of speculations". A "BS situation" is extremely vague and explains near nothing. Some of us would like definite answers.
Dirk41= konsesjonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 08:53 PM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Look, I know alot of you are wondering what happened. Flat out, I'll tell you.

Doc annoyed me and now Doc's gone... plain and simple.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 08:56 PM   #23
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

Geez. Get over it people. So a poster left. Big deal. There are plenty more here to talk with. It's not like the board is going to die.
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 09:47 PM   #24
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Kids, kids...this has been fun.

doc left on his on his own... no one forced him out... he doesn't have any 'personal' issues that he has to work through. Look how many damn posts he has... don't you think he's a bit worn out and needs a break? Just give him a little time.

sorry about this, I was simply having some fun at everyone's expense. I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have. Trust me, I had much more in store for all of you. However, the season is close to starting and there's a little work to be done on the board.

Carry on, have a good day.
Old 10-25-2003, 09:50 PM   #25
Fah Q
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: bogey
Geez. Get over it people. So a poster left. Big deal. There are plenty more here to talk with. It's not like the board is going to die.
Bogey you've only been here for a couple of days so I really don't think you have the right to say this to any of us that actually care about this topic. I've made many friends here and to many people on this board this is more than just talk about sports.
Old 10-25-2003, 09:52 PM   #26
Fah Q
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Kids, kids...this has been fun.

doc left on his on his own... no one forced him out... he doesn't have any 'personal' issues that he has to work through. Look how many damn posts he has... don't you think he's a bit worn out and needs a break? Just give him a little time.

sorry about this, I was simply having some fun at everyone's expense. I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have. Trust me, I had much more in store for all of you. However, the season is close to starting and there's a little work to be done on the board.

Carry on, have a good day.
Doc didn't paint that picture in his E-mail.
Old 10-25-2003, 10:06 PM   #27
Murphy3
Guru

Who are you gonna believe? Me or Doc? Don't believe that bitter old man.
Old 10-25-2003, 10:07 PM   #28
Fah Q
Golden Member

Murph you have got to be one of the most despicable people on this earth. You were the one who drove doc off and you cant even fess up to it. I think Doc has the right to come here if he wants but to make peace on this board he tipped his hat and went. What the hell is wrong you? You are definately not as smart as you think and I think its about time that you stop your belittling nature to everyone that disagrees with you. You IMO are whats wrong with this board. You might know alot about basketball but you cant be a jerkoff to everyone that thinks different than you.

By the way Murph YOU ARE NOT GOD

If you have anything to say to me, PM me because I don't want to clutter this board with what I really think about you.
Old 10-25-2003, 10:37 PM   #29
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

doc was not run off. nobody voted off doc.

this is not survivor.

he left on his own free will. if he wants to come back and start posting again, he is more than welcome to. life goes on with or without him, and so shall the board. i would imagine he would want it to continue that way. if you've established a good friendship with him, just email him and keep up with him.

aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 10:44 PM   #30
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Lets just let this thread die. I think Doc wanted to leave this site or may be take a vacation. I am sure as time goes he will miss coming to this site and will eventually decide to comeback. I mean he has devoted a lot of time here and I cannot imagine him staying away from all the friends he made here.