Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Dallas-Mavs.com Stuff

Old 12-04-2013, 12:08 AM   #1
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default 4 New Mods + Additional Community Focus

Congrats to EL, LonghornDub, Bayliss, and UnderDog for making the through the grueling DM.com mod approval process. Boot Camp sure was fun, huh guys?

I look forward to serving alongside all of you. (Except Bayliss....bc I'll never forgive you.)

In addition to the installation of new Moderators, we will be stepping up the enforcement of the Forum's community standards regarding personal sparring/attacks/name calling/bullying.

Almost none of our members ever engage in this kind of behavior, but for the handful of knuckleheads that do, you should know that it will not be tolerated any longer. And when a Mod sees it, it will be dealt with according to their best discretion.

Expressing emotion on our forum is great.
Sports arguments can be awesome, constructive, hilarious, and enlightening.
But name calling, or worse, will get you a 1 warning and then if you persist, it will get you a temp ban. And IF that is not enough to dissuade you, you will forfeit your right to be a member here.

Lets do our best to keep DM be the best place online to discuss our beloved Mavs!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 12-04-2013 at 12:09 AM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2013, 12:15 AM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh, the ruckus was fun while it lasted... Time to play nice, I guess.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-04-2013 at 12:15 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:33 AM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Boo-urns! Boo-urns!
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:38 AM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Boo-urns! Boo-urns!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 12-04-2013, 01:15 AM   #5
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

To kick off my reign of terror, I'm going to sticky the GDTs from every Mavs playoff loss since 2001. Then I'm going to impose a permanent self-ban.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:20 AM   #6
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
To kick off my reign of terror, I'm going to sticky the GDTs from every Mavs playoff loss since 2001. Then I'm going to impose a permanent self-ban.
Have fun!!

Old 12-04-2013, 01:22 AM   #7
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Seconded.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:24 AM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If you leave us. I am going through every one of your 17000 posts and editing them to say the following things:

I was drbio all along
I love cadban
I want to spoon KVH while he is wearing nothing but his knee-high socks
I think Barkley is a logical and insightful commentator

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 12-04-2013 at 01:26 AM.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:38 AM   #9
Underdog

Quote:
If you leave us. I am going through every one of your 17000 posts and editing them to say the following things:

I was drbio all along
I love cadban
I want to spoon KVH while he is wearing nothing but his knee-high socks
I think Barkley is a logical and insightful commentator
One of those things is actually true...

Old 12-04-2013, 02:12 AM   #10
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
One of those things is actually true...
Actually, two are actually true. I love me some KVH, brothers and sisters.

Old 12-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #11
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Actually, two are actually true. I love me some KVH, brothers and sisters.
I'm curious what the second one is.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:05 AM   #12
LonghornDub

Quote:
I'm curious what the second one is.
Obviously the drbio one.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:26 PM   #13
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, just saw this! Congrats!

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #14
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Lubarsky?.. seriously?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:50 PM   #15
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Lubarsky?.. seriously?
Seriously. All day long.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #16
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Really happy to see the new mods. Or moderation in general, for that matter. This could be a really good place to go to for all things Mavs, but when hearing from some posters who mostly lurk here now, the flame wars are really off-putting. I would love to get some of those posters back here regularly to talk about basketball.

Best of luck to you. And please don't keep your input confined to the mod forum. You all know basketball and we need you to be active.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:04 PM   #17
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to the new mods.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:08 PM   #18
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic View Post
Congrats to the new mods.
Thanks... Our reward is responsibility.

Wait, what did I just get myself into??

Old 12-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Seriously. All day long.
Honestly, I truly do think she's swell.

Last edited by Murphy3; 12-05-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #20
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

great reps for all of you!
Congrats to Erica, LonghornDub, Bayliss, and UnderDog.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:26 PM   #21
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
drbio....
Ha ha. He's still posting as a five headed-monster I am sure. But it's cool, just for scientific research, right? Like Japanese whale-hunting, you know.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:24 PM   #22
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats guys

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:53 PM   #23
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
Congrats guys
Odd timing...

Old 01-10-2014, 12:57 AM   #24
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats
Erica, LonghornDub, Bayliss...OK, but what do you want with Under
Old 01-10-2014, 06:16 AM   #25
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I love this place, but this feels silly to me. We've got at least one mod for every other regular poster.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:31 AM   #26
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
I love this place, but this feels silly to me. We've got at least one mod for every other regular poster.
There might be a bunch of people with the title "moderator" on this site, but there are only 4 of us doing all of the moderating.

Old 01-10-2014, 11:52 AM   #27
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Some posters require more monitoring than others.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:18 PM   #28
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
We've instituted a "buddy" system in which every poster is matched with a moderator similar to the way that all students at Hogwarts are matched with an animal familiar. If I remember correct, you are matched up with Underdog
Old 01-10-2014, 01:10 PM   #29
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Odd timing...
Am I missing something? I am just making my way back to the board after a few-year long layoff lol.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:10 PM   #30
Underdog

Quote:
If I remember correct, you are matched up with Underdog
But no kissing on the mouth...

(wait, what are we talking about again?)

Old 01-10-2014, 01:29 PM   #31
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
Am I missing something? I am just making my way back to the board after a few-year long layoff lol.
Probably... But it's great to have you back - this site is always better when you post!

Old 01-10-2014, 03:52 PM   #32
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Some good humor here!
Old 01-10-2014, 10:03 PM   #33
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
There might be a bunch of people with the title "moderator" on this site, but there are only 4 of us doing all of the moderating.
Which is about three and a half more than probably needed.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:43 PM   #34
Underdog

Quote:
Which is about three and a half more than probably needed.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:17 AM   #35
Murphy3
Guru

And then you have certain mods who abuse their "position" simply for their own amusement..
Old 01-11-2014, 10:14 AM   #36
Underdog

Quote:
And then you have certain mods who abuse their "position" simply for their own amusement..
What are you talking about?

Old 01-11-2014, 10:17 AM   #37
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What are you talking about?
Probably his silly feud with EL.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:52 PM   #38
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Reading Murph's posts as Anton Chigurh changes everything...

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:18 AM   #39
Murphy3
Guru

Isn't it obvious?
Old 07-05-2014, 05:15 PM   #40
chumdawg
Guru

How is the police state working out for everyone?

Miss you all!