Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-04-2002, 11:00 AM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Clips always give us trouble but we haven't played them since the trade. I think we'll take 'em but I'm alittle concerned about the layoff.

Clips 106
Mavs 111

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2002, 11:51 AM   #2
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

No doubt in my mind, Mavs run away with this one

115 Mavs
96 Clips
Old 04-04-2002, 11:56 AM   #3
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

Clippers are out of the playoffs now and their game against the Jazz last night showed they don't have the maturity to play for the rest for pride--not when so many of them need to make some contract noise.

Mavs 114
Clippers 98
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 12:01 PM   #4
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I think this is going to be a much closer game than ya'll do. I'll settle for a 1 point win. And the Mavs HAVE to win - they have to get some confidence that they can beat the super athletic teams in case they meet Portland in the playoffs.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 12:22 PM   #5
cooper

cooper is on a distinguished road

the clippers are 5-12 on back-to-back games. they are 5 games out of the eigth spot. they scored nine (9) points in the first quarter last night. last night's loss to utah pretty much ended their season.

i would be surprised and dissappointed if the mavs if hte mavs lost tonight
cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 01:05 PM   #6
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

Did anyone else read the Dallas Morning News article about the Mavs talking about going 9-0 down the stretch? (Link) Very ambitious, and I like the confidence behind it. Hopefully we'll be able to come out and have a dominant performance tonight.

120-105 Mavs W
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 01:12 PM   #7
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I think the Clips are done. With a loss last night to Utah any faint hopes of the playoffs have ended for them. On top of that they are looking at a back to back. I am looking for a blowout tonight.

Mavs 124 - 98

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 01:13 PM   #8
Base Line Guy
Golden Member

Base Line Guy is on a distinguished road

Candyman's bday tonight!

Doesn't matter:

DAL-117
LAC-106

Base Line Guy
Old 04-04-2002, 01:46 PM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

cooper, welcome to the board...

i can't wait for lamar odom to give us his thoughts on tonight's game. i'm sure he will if the clips were to win..

however, i'm gonna go with:

mavs 162
clips 0
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 02:29 PM   #10
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

<< mavs 162
clips 0
>>

Did D. Miles put on the IL? He'll at least put in a couple of dunks, won't he?
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 02:34 PM   #11
Base Line Guy
Golden Member

Base Line Guy is on a distinguished road

I don't think DMiles is on the IL. He is good for a least 4 pts on 2 pretty good dunks.

BLG
Old 04-04-2002, 02:41 PM   #12
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

It's Najera bobblehead night!

Old 04-04-2002, 03:02 PM   #13
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

<< It's Najera bobblehead night! >>

Late class tonight means I have to miss it! Really pisses me off...

Anyway......

Mavs 118
Clips 103

I look for a big night from Fin.. and hopefully Nick, so Nash can get some rest.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 03:31 PM   #14
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs take this game with authority.

The Mavs will want this win, not only for the sake of the MidWest division title, but for the fact that they won't want a losing series against the Clippers this season. It's bad enough they'll have to settle for a split series.

I don't think one player for the Mavs goes off, it's going to be a handful of them that do. Not career highs or anything like that, but solid numbers across the board.

Go Mavs!
Old 04-04-2002, 04:17 PM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i don't really take predicting scores seriously...

there's no way to really tell...the mavs could be up 25 and put the bench in and clips could bring it to within 10 by the end of the game.. so, that's why i throw out the 162-0 schtick
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 06:55 PM   #16
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

Nash has been sick with a cold or the flu or something and hasn't practiced. I heard him say he would play, though.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 07:13 PM   #17
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Mavs will win.

We will all be happy. Then we will look forward to beating up on San Antonio on Saturday.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 07:14 PM   #18
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

Clipps have already begun to pack it in.

Mavs 123
Clipps 104
Old 04-04-2002, 07:17 PM   #19
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Even though the Clippers beat us last time, and this is at there house, we are (almost) in our playoff-asskicking mode. There should be plenty of scoring though! Dallas 126, Clippers 118
Old 04-04-2002, 08:52 PM   #20
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Are Charles, Kenny, and EJ going to do the broadcast? If so it will be an interesting night.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 08:57 PM   #21
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

Bayliss aren't they going to be at that marine training facility tonight??
Old 04-04-2002, 08:58 PM   #22
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Nevermind.... they are doing something entirely different.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 09:06 PM   #23
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Mavs win 103-91
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 09:09 PM   #24
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

Mavs look very bad to start. Need to get their heads in the game.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Old 04-04-2002, 09:14 PM   #25
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Now that's what I'm talking about.
Old 04-04-2002, 09:15 PM   #26
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, this was a terrible start, but the Mavs just turned it on.

Down 4 only.
Old 04-04-2002, 09:18 PM   #27
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Damn, Fin just missed a 3, but has had 2 nice layups now.
Old 04-04-2002, 09:18 PM   #28
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Inserted Buckner and Dirk got that block and it was like a whole new team showed up.
Old 04-04-2002, 09:20 PM   #29
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

2 bad passes by Nash in a row. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2002, 09:21 PM   #30
Drbio
Banned

Nash looks groggy...
Old 04-04-2002, 09:22 PM   #31
MavsFanFinley
Guru

I don't know if I can watch this game.

Nash isn't himself, Fin just had an airball. Another missed shot.

Kandiman is going to be a handful no matter who is put on him. And I don't think Dirk or Raef is going to be able to handle Brand.
Old 04-04-2002, 09:25 PM   #32
Drbio
Banned

It is getting ugly fast. If the Mavs don't get it turned around soon....it will be one ugly night.
Old 04-04-2002, 09:27 PM   #33
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Esch with a couple nice hustle plays. He looks good.

Damn, this is like the game NVE had against the Spurs. Getting to the basket with ease but missing the easy layups.

Geez, Finley cannot make a shot, that's 2 offensive rebounds Buck has had though off of them.

Let's hope they get it going.
Old 04-04-2002, 09:29 PM   #34
Drbio
Banned

We can't win if we keep shooting 39%...Phooey...
Old 04-04-2002, 09:30 PM   #35
Drbio
Banned

Nice finish for Dirk.
Old 04-04-2002, 09:36 PM   #36
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Dirk's the only starter who seemed like he was ready to play to begin with.
Old 04-04-2002, 09:36 PM   #37
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Buckner is coming up big in this game. Dirk has missed a couple shots, but just had a nice dunk!

NVE needs to watch his back.

Griff with a nice shot.

Dirk another big basket.

Im really liking what Im seeing from Esch tonight.
Old 04-04-2002, 09:40 PM   #38
Drbio
Banned

Esch is playing/auditioning for a playoff spot.
Old 04-04-2002, 09:40 PM   #39
MFFL
Guru

When we attack the basket, we start scoring points in bunches. When we settle for jump ball, the Clipps score points like crazy. Why are we settling for jumpers?
Old 04-04-2002, 09:41 PM   #40
Drbio
Banned

MFFL- I have been preaching that for months.