Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-05-2010, 02:54 AM   #1
NoTnERb

NoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to all
Default Why are we doing better on the road?

what do you guys think? We're still doing better at home but look at the jump from 2007 to 2009. 10 wins more on the road but we did lose 6 more at home.

2010-2011 season
Road 7-1
Home 8-3

2009-2010 season
Road 27-14
Home 28-13

2008-2009 season
Road 18-23
Home 32-9

2007-2008 season
Road 17-24
Home 34-7

2006-2007 season
Road 31-10
Home 36-5

Last edited by NoTnERb; 12-05-2010 at 05:42 PM.
NoTnERb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2010, 02:55 AM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Because home court doesn't mean squat in the NBA.

It's not like they need to hear a snap count like in football...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:22 AM   #3
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTnERb View Post
what do you guys think? We're still doing better at home but look at the jump from 2007 to 2009. 10 wins more on the road but we did lose 6 more at home.

2010 season
Road 7-1
Home 8-3

2009 season
Road 27-14
Home 28-13

2008 season
Road 18-23
Home 32-9

2007 season
Road 17-24
Home 34-7

2006 season
Road 31-10
Home 36-5
Showing the first year of each season instead of the second is messing with my head.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:26 AM   #4
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

First of all veteran team so they don't have such fragile emotions. I do think the AAC hasn't been good this year when it comes to energy and im not sure why a couple of years ago it was one of the loudest
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:27 AM   #5
NoTnERb

NoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Showing the first year of each season instead of the second is messing with my head.
eh? would you want me to switch the home record on top? I'm confused
Old 12-05-2010, 03:30 AM   #6
NoTnERb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

I disagree but I think home court is very much important come playoff time. especially since its always a sold out game. also, as a player you would really like to have the home crowd with you on 4 of the 7 games.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:35 AM   #7
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:

wut?

I think it has a big effect with referees

Home teams are 175-119 so far this year (59.5 % winning percentage)
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:49 AM   #8
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTnERb View Post
eh? would you want me to switch the home record on top? I'm confused
To me, this is the 2011 season right now, not the 2010 season.

Anyway, it looks to me like the team has problems at home not just because Sean Heath sucks, but also because they don't generally jump out to huge 1st half leads. Instead they let opponents hang around until the fourth quarter, which means either late heroics, or tension and frustration builds until they crumble. On the road, they seem to play as if less is expected of them so they play loose especially in the second half, which often results in them putting their opponents away.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:44 AM   #9
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

steiny mo said on galloway its cuz our role players are better in road games

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:51 AM   #10
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

only God knows why we play better on the road

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:51 AM   #11
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Because the AAC is never "rocking" like Reunion was.... When Sac was good and they had the cowbells, they had a great home court. Portland has a great bunch. There are a few others I am missing.

But it starts with the fans, and the layout of the court. Cuban should have built it like the fans were literally "on top" of the court. Because when it gets loud, it starts shaking.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:33 AM   #12
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Because the AAC is never "rocking" like Reunion was.... When Sac was good and they had the cowbells, they had a great home court. Portland has a great bunch. There are a few others I am missing.

But it starts with the fans, and the layout of the court. Cuban should have built it like the fans were literally "on top" of the court. Because when it gets loud, it starts shaking.
I don't buy it, we've had a great home court advantage the last decade. The home court issues started about 2 seasons ago if I recall.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:40 AM   #13
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't buy it, we've had a great home court advantage the last decade. The home court issues started about 2 seasons ago if I recall.
Not in the playoffs. How many times have the Mavs lost on their homecourt in the playoffs in the last 10 years? A bunch.

Probably more than any other "50 win team" in the last 10 years.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:56 AM   #14
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Carlisle credits the fans with their enthusiasm (lots of sold out games and etc) to help energize them in rough spots, he also suggests that their numbers at home are better than people realize and the record isn't an overall indicator of the action.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:59 AM   #15
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not in the playoffs. How many times have the Mavs lost on their homecourt in the playoffs in the last 10 years? A bunch.

Probably more than any other "50 win team" in the last 10 years.
beats me...they've won their game 7's as I recall... this is your assertion being made...I'd like to see some proof for your assertion.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 12-05-2010, 11:13 AM   #16
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Home teams are 175-119 so far this year (59.5 % winning percentage)
Stats don't play basketball games...

Plus, haven't most of Dirk's best career performances come on the road?

Last edited by Underdog; 12-05-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:31 AM   #17
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
Stats don't play basketball games...
You have rigth stats don't play.But they show us how team play and this's very important.stats show us all truth about team.

I think we play better basketball on the road because on the raod we have more focus.On the road we play great basketball.Our focus and determination on the road is huge.For me Dallas Mavericks road matchs are fan to watch.
When we play in Dallas our game is different.We aren't focus and our determination go down.I think our players don't feel good in home court.They have to change it.

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:37 AM   #18
Bayliss

Quote:
Carlisle credits the fans with their enthusiasm (lots of sold out games and etc) to help energize them in rough spots, he also suggests that their numbers at home are better than people realize and the record isn't an overall indicator of the action.
And half the time the only way the crowd responds to anything is if Terry does his cheerleading. Chandler is now doing some cheerleading as well.

The sell outs are a managing ploy. Just because a game is sold out doesn't mean it will have a lot of fans in attendance...
Old 12-05-2010, 11:40 AM   #19
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mvp View Post
You have rigth stats don't play.But they show us how team play and this's very important.stats show us all truth about team.
Except when your team is an exception to the rule...

We're 8-3 at home, 8-1 on the road and all those first-round losses to lower seeded teams the past few years are further evidence that HCA doesn't mean squat to this team.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-05-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:56 AM   #20
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And half the time the only way the crowd responds to anything is if Terry does his cheerleading. Chandler is now doing some cheerleading as well.

The sell outs are a managing ploy. Just because a game is sold out doesn't mean it will have a lot of fans in attendance...
I don't know about the first part. Sometimes, I wonder if TV doesn't totally convey the atmosphere. I'm not saying it's Arco back in the Kings hay-day, but it's not always a cemetery . It might not be a collective set of emotions but you can see stuff going on all over the place. I feel like I can judge that since I have been to all of the home games so far this season.

When you look around the league when they hit the road, there are games where they are seeing some pretty empty arenas. Sarah told me there are several games where players can ask for well over 50 tickets for requests because it's just THAT available.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:58 AM   #21
Bayliss

The way the Mavs plat home I'd rather them go on the road for the first two games. And it has been that way for years.

03-04--Lose one of two at home.
04-05--Lose two games at home against the Rockets. Lose a game against Phx
05-06--Lose a game at Sa. Lose a game against SA and a game against Phx and a game against Miami.
06-07--Lose a game against GS that pretty much cost them the series.
07-08--Lose a game against NO
08-09--Lose a game against Denver
09-10--Lose a game against SA

Happens every year. Dallas can never protect Home Court. I'd rather them win 50+ games, go to Stern and tell them that they want to start the first two games on the road. Their chances will be better.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:03 PM   #22
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

Quote:

Quote:
Except when your team is an exception to the rule...
You seem to be contradicting yourself here UD. If home court doesn't mean squat then what rule are you referring to in that second post?

I ask because home court clearly does mean squat in the NBA, otherwise home teams wouldn't have such a drastically higher winning %.
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:04 PM   #23
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The way the Mavs plat home I'd rather them go on the road for the first two games. And it has been that way for years.

05-06--Lose a game at Sa. Lose a game against SA and a game against Phx and a game against Miami.

Happens every year. Dallas can never protect Home Court. I'd rather them win 50+ games, go to Stern and tell them that they want to start the first two games on the road. Their chances will be better.
why conveniently leave out the times that we DID protect home court, like in the first round in 08-09 when we got a split in SA and then won both home games or in the first round in 05-06 when we swept the grizzlies, etc.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:08 PM   #24
dude1394
Guru

Quote:

Spurs 03-04-- Win 4-0 against memphis, lose 1 at home against lakers.
Spurs 04-05-- Lose 1 of first 2 against denver, lose 1 of the 2 at home against phoenix, lost 1 of last 2
Spurs 05-06-- Spurs lose 1 of first 2 against dallas..
Spurs 06-07-- Lost 1 of first 2 against denver, lost 1 of first 2 at home against suns,

I'm not so sure of the conclusivity of the data..
Old 12-05-2010, 02:46 PM   #25
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by particleman View Post
You seem to be contradicting yourself here UD. If home court doesn't mean squat then what rule are you referring to in that second post?

I ask because home court clearly does mean squat in the NBA, otherwise home teams wouldn't have such a drastically higher winning %.
Fine, I'll concede that HCA is important to other teams in the NBA 59.5% of the time because they get home cooking from the refs, but the Mavs are the exception to this "rule" (that is, if you believe something that occurs 59.5% of the time can be defined as a rule...)

Mavs FTA's vs. opponent FTA's this season:

vs. Bobcats: 18-24
vs. Grizzlies: 24-36
vs. Nuggets: 26-21
vs. Celtics: 20-7
vs. 76ers: 29-23
vs. Hornets: 27-24
vs. Bulls: 25-23
vs. Pistons: 27-26
vs. Heat: 22-35
vs. Rockets: 19-28
vs. Timberwolves: 23-23

Home average: 24-25

@ Clippers: 29-31
@ Nuggets: 19-12
@ Grizzlies: 11-19
@ Hornets: 23-16
@ Hawks: 16-10
@ Thunder: 34-23
@ Spurs: 31-27
@ Jazz: 11-30
@ Kings: 29-16

Away average: 23-20

HCA means squat to this team (and apparently doesn't mean much to other teams when we play them either...)

Last edited by Underdog; 12-05-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:03 PM   #26
BGMaverick9
Guru

11 home games, 9 road games

Bench is averaging 33.1 points @ home
Bench is averaging 35 points on the road

The numbers would probably hold true with two additional games but it's interesting since you're bench guys are supposed to be more comfortable at home. The suggestion I would make with that is most of those bench guys are seasoned vets and shows that the Mavericks do have quality depth.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:12 PM   #27
Axilla

Axilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of light

so you're basically saying "with the exception of 2007-8, we are good on the road" and you want to know why?

i'd imagine there are literally hundreds of variables from personnel to coaching strategies.

I'd have to see some stats, but i bet that we win the games where we rebound the ball and keep the opponent's FG% low.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:25 PM   #28
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axilla View Post
I'd have to see some stats, but i bet that we win the games where we rebound the ball and keep the opponent's FG% low.
I'm pretty sure I saw a stat somewhere that says we win 100% of our games when we out-score our opponent, but lose 100% of them when we don't...

Old 12-05-2010, 03:56 PM   #29
Axilla

Axilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I saw a stat somewhere that says we win 100% of our games when we out-score our opponent, but lose 100% of them when we don't...

Now you're cookin'

Last edited by Axilla; 12-05-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Axilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:07 PM   #30
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe its all those season ticket holders who don't show up to fill the lower bowl. some nights its half empty down there. They buy the seats so they can see (or be seen at) the Lakers and the playoffs, and don't bother to see if the secretary's husband wants to see the Clippers. It can be hard to give away tickets to a mediocre opponent.

Just looking at last nights game, more people seem to show up in SAC to see the Mavs than would ever go to AAC to see SAC.

I have had season tickets in the end zone on the lower level since the AAC opened. They are the cheapest seats downstairs and they are always packed with loud fans. That is not true courtside, or in the sky boxes. Last year I moved up to the platinum section and I HATED IT. no energy. like watching a game in a funeral home. I had to move back downstairs.
G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:40 PM   #31
NoTnERb

basically, the way i see it, AAC hasn't been the same as before, this is just my 2 cents though cause I have never ever been to AAC, just through national tv. but its not the same as before, and everytime I see JET trying to pump up the crowd, they really don't get into the game. Also, I've dug up Carlisle's previous coaching record, just to see if he was the catalyst. these only show the road games and do not take into consideration the players of each team.

2001-2002
Detroit 24-17

2002-2003
Detroit 20-21

2003-2004
Indiana 27-14

2004-2005
Indiana 19-22

2005-2006
Indiana 14-27

2006-2007
Indiana 13-28

2008-2009
Dallas 18-23

2009-2010
Dallas 27-14

117-129. Carlisle actually has a losing record on the road not counting on which team he is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
To me, this is the 2011 season right now, not the 2010 season.
I fixed it up for you just to make it clear

after looking up the records I did some research on which team had the best record for the previous years and obviously our 06-07 Mavericks had the best record 67-15. The next team having the same record would be the 99-00 Lakers. The 96-97 Bulls had a 69-13 record

Last edited by NoTnERb; 12-05-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:17 PM   #32
Axilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
Maybe its all those season ticket holders who don't show up to fill the lower bowl. some nights its half empty down there. They buy the seats so they can see (or be seen at) the Lakers and the playoffs, and don't bother to see if the secretary's husband wants to see the Clippers. It can be hard to give away tickets to a mediocre opponent.

Just looking at last nights game, more people seem to show up in SAC to see the Mavs than would ever go to AAC to see SAC.

I have had season tickets in the end zone on the lower level since the AAC opened. They are the cheapest seats downstairs and they are always packed with loud fans. That is not true courtside, or in the sky boxes. Last year I moved up to the platinum section and I HATED IT. no energy. like watching a game in a funeral home. I had to move back downstairs.
Good sir, this has long been a complaint of mine.

the people who care about the game the most can't afford to be close and the people who are closest are often with clients just trying to be seen and do the "mavericks thing."

i hate going to the AAC for this reason.

not that anyone would claim that Dallas people are generally appearance-oriented or shallow.... never
Old 12-05-2010, 06:22 PM   #33
Underdog

Quote:
not that anyone would claim that Dallas people are generally appearance-oriented or shallow.... never
What, in a city where the #1 adjective used to describe people is "douchey"?

It's no surprise that the AAC is a little underwhelming when the coke & boob job crowd have all the good tickets...

Old 12-05-2010, 06:44 PM   #34
Axilla

Quote:
What, in a city where the #1 adjective used to describe people is "douchey"?

It's no surprise that the AAC is a little underwhelming when the coke & boob job crowd have all the good tickets...
its fucked up is what it is.
don't you just love seeing those bronzed 45 year old men with frosted hair and tight shirts... oh their life is so Afflicted... lol

these types of mavs fans are comparable to red sox nation and philly fans
Old 12-05-2010, 06:59 PM   #35
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
its fucked up is what it is.
don't you just love seeing those bronzed 45 year old men with frosted hair and tight shirts... oh their life is so Afflicted... lol

these types of mavs fans are comparable to red sox nation and philly fans
Bitter much?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:17 PM   #36
Axilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Bitter much?
theoretically, you're in favor of the lamest people sitting closest to the action?

let me guess... you're a Republican
Old 12-05-2010, 08:21 PM   #37
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post

I agree..the platinum level is horrible...might as well stay at home imo. I don't get that turned on by the upper decks either. The lower bowl is where the fun is.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:21 PM   #38
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
theoretically, you're in favor of the lamest people sitting closest to the action?

Theoretically I'm in favor of the most enthusiastic fans sitting closest to the action.

Would never have thought to use a word like "lame" as a descriptor.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:23 PM   #39
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Good sir, this has long been a complaint of mine.

the people who care about the game the most can't afford to be close and the people who are closest are often with clients just trying to be seen and do the "mavericks thing."

i hate going to the AAC for this reason.

I think it's a tremendously broad brush being used. The folks in the endzones are getting it.. The folks on the wings seem to be getting it.

Possibly the ones in the middle and first 10 rows...maybe...but I just don't really see it. Most of the bowl gets up and makes noise when there is something worth cheering about. Energy, hustle, etc.

Crappy play and getting whooped at home, nope, nobody cheers that stuff.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:24 PM   #40
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Reading comprehension is underrated.