Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-05-2014, 10:53 PM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default PGT: It's hot in here

Mavs got scorched.

No D.
Dirk was awful.
Goran looked like Magic.
Mavs still can't hit the three.
Other teams keep shooting 50% from three against us.
Not even our reserves could hit a barn with a toaster.

/raspberry

Only bright spot is 15-18 from Chandler.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 12-05-2014 at 10:55 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2014, 10:57 PM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:00 PM   #3
ffballer

ffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to behold

i dont know whats going on practice days, what are they doing, but our defense and our 3point shooting is become worst as the games goes by, rick lost this one, taking out aminu and monta on the third when we had a reaction, jj and dirk were some awful subs,
meanwhile monta keeps on beast mode, but he cant fight this one by himself, oh and that dude that costs 46 million is a knockoff, pleasse i want my money back
Old 12-05-2014, 11:02 PM   #4
ffballer

ffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLUTCH CITY II View Post
you don't sound very optimistic...meanwhile terry and ariza doing well for the rockets...the rockets keep winning without starters...they didn't waste their money in the offseason...even the morris bros played well against the mavericks...
lol i found it funny that u asshole come here to say some shit that any of us would say and we already know, off dude take ur ass back to ur forum

Last edited by sike; 12-06-2014 at 01:17 PM.
ffballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:04 PM   #5
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

Nobody on their team (expect Tolliver) shot below 50% from the field. As a team they were 57% from the field, 50% from three. If you woulda told me that before I'd think we lost by 20+. I know our defense wasn't great but they were just making everything, contested or not. Can't win games like that.

On a side note, Monta better make the damn all-star team. And we really need to stop giving minutes to Jefferson. He went 1-6 with 1 rebound. Give his minutes to Crowder pls.

Oh and look, another classy Rockets fan. I saw him say something about how well Ariza is doing. I haven't really paid much attention but I looked at his stats today and saw that Ariza is shooting 38% from the field... lmao. Parsons has struggled so far but at least he's shooting above 40%.

Last edited by Vinsanity; 12-05-2014 at 11:08 PM.
Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:04 PM   #6
Jproxursoxoff

Jproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to behold

Ignore clutch fan. Don't feed the trolls.

But I swear, we are one decent Dirk game away from an easy win. He's been slumping for like 2 weeks now and it's disappointing. He's getting good luck but he's not hitting them. It's honestly kinda strange.

Also Monta should be frustrated that he's getting no help on the offensive end. This offense wasnt meant to be dominated by one player but lately everyone else is coming up with nothing. Sad day for Monta.
Jproxursoxoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:06 PM   #7
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jproxursoxoff View Post

But I swear, we are one decent Dirk game away from an easy win. He's been slumping for like 2 weeks now and it's disappointing. He's getting good luck but he's not hitting them. It's honestly kinda strange.

Also Monta should be frustrated that he's getting no help on the offensive end. This offense wasnt meant to be dominated by one player but lately everyone else is coming up with nothing. Sad day for Monta.
In regards to Dirk, health could be an issue?
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:09 PM   #8
ActionJackson

ActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Dirk is a 7 million role player. He's not the youngest anymore and the back is propably causing problems. They should rest him.

How many playoff series has Houston won since '97?

Last edited by ActionJackson; 12-05-2014 at 11:10 PM.
ActionJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:09 PM   #9
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know why the mods ban Rockets fans. I'd like to hear more about winning it all 20 games into the season.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:10 PM   #10
Jproxursoxoff

Jproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
In regards to Dirk, health could be an issue?
He was slumping before that. I wanted to blame tired legs, then his ankle, then i wanted to blame his back. But I am running out of excuses except for he's just slumping. Get Holger in here! We don't need him to score 25 a night anymore but we DO need him to be efficient when he does shoot, and he hasn't been. In fact, he's been worse than Parsons over the last 2 weeks.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:13 PM   #11
ActionJackson

ActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
I'll answer that myself. Won one, lost nine. 1-9. Not bad.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:13 PM   #12
Jproxursoxoff

Quote:
Dirk is a 7 million role player. He's not the youngest anymore and the back is propably causing problems. They should rest him.

Meh maybe. But the problem is again that no one else is stepping up on offense. Who's gonna help Ellis on offense. He's been having to do it all. Could you imagine what we are going to look like when Ellis has a poor game??

And why are you guys feeding the trolls? They get even more hostile when you feed them. Much like geese.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:15 PM   #13
ActionJackson

Quote:
Meh maybe. But the problem is again that no one else is stepping up on offense. Who's gonna help Ellis on offense. He's been having to do it all. Could you imagine what we are going to look like when Ellis has a poor game??

And why are you guys feeding the trolls? They get even more hostile when you feed them. Much like geese.
Nelson and Parsons need to step up. Big time. Maybe Felton can provide some unexpected help?
Old 12-05-2014, 11:16 PM   #14
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

Suns were playing out of their minds. Even when the defense was good their shots were going in. We played like shit. Still got close at a couple of points.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:16 PM   #15
Jproxursoxoff

Im glad Ellis is in a great groove, but I think it's kinda sad that he's not getting much help.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:17 PM   #16
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

And yes, if I see Parsons look unsure when contemplating taking a three I'm going to vomit.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:17 PM   #17
Jproxursoxoff

Quote:
Nelson and Parsons need to step up. Big time. Maybe Felton can provide some unexpected help?
Nelson has been pathetic. I was willing to give him grace time, but it's not improving. He turned the ball over twice in our first 3 possessions lol.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:19 PM   #18
ActionJackson

Quote:
Nelson has been pathetic. I was willing to give him grace time, but it's not improving. He turned the ball over twice in our first 3 possessions lol.
This is where vintage Felton comes in. He'll be draining threes in no time. Wait and see.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:22 PM   #19
Jproxursoxoff

And I don't have the highest basketball IQ, but can someone explain our defense? I heard alot of complaining last year about Dalembert and Calderon. We got rid of them both and got a better-than-ever Tyson back and the defense is still in the toilot.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:23 PM   #20
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

Suns couldn't miss tonight. First game after a road trip is always a toss up, bummer that Dirk is reeling or the Mavs might have been able to pull it out.

The signing of Parsons is looking more and more like a miscalculation. If the front office would have known Tyson would be this good I think they would have been more likely to spend the money on improving the perimeter D with guys like Ariza or Bradley. I supported the signing from the beginning but it is quite clear that Parsons has a much lower ceiling than advertised.

Still, no use crying over spilled milk. If Dirk can get healthy and play better with the way Ellis and Tyson are balling this team can still contend if their role players step up. I too would like to see Crowder get more minutes.
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:23 PM   #21
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And I don't have the highest basketball IQ, but can someone explain our defense? I heard alot of complaining last year about Dalembert and Calderon. We got rid of them both and got a better-than-ever Tyson back and the defense is still in the toilot.
Dirk was never great, but with a bum back at 36, he's been pretty bad.
Ellis has always been a steal-first defender.
Parsons has been okay
PG spot has been mostly awful. Harris is our best and even he's making a ton of mistakes.

Going to take team defense and that takes a while to develop.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:24 PM   #22
Jproxursoxoff

Quote:
This is where vintage Felton comes in. He'll be draining threes in no time. Wait and see.
I hope so, man. But why is it taking so long for him to come back? Wasn't it just an ankle sprain? Someone on Mavsmoneyball jokingly called it a "season-ending ankle sprain". But really though, it happened almost 2 months ago. This is kind of weird that he's still not well.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:27 PM   #23
ActionJackson

Quote:
I hope so, man. But why is it taking so long for him to come back? Wasn't it just an ankle sprain? Someone on Mavsmoneyball jokingly called it a "season-ending ankle sprain". But really though, it happened almost 2 months ago. This is kind of weird that he's still not well.
Good point. Hopefully just making sure everything is all right before playing.

Sign DeShawn for vet min. He'd still provide decent defence.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:33 PM   #24
Jproxursoxoff

Honestly I cant be too down with this loss. We didn't play well. But we have a chance to get right back to 10 games over .500 on Sunday against a beatable team. If you asked me what I predicted our record to be through 21 games, i would have said 14-7. 15-6 is cool. But I also would not have predicted the Western Conference dominating proceedings like they have been.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:47 PM   #25
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, Rockets fans need to get a grip.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:57 PM   #26
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Trevor Ariza is only shooting 38% from the field this season, yet you wouldn't know that from the way Rockette Stans keep raving about him...
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 12:01 AM   #27
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly think the Mavs are still worn down from their road trip. I won't hold this L against them. I hope they're refreshed by Sunday though.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 12:33 AM   #28
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

MBT, please take another stab at trading for Corey Brewer... Mavs need reliable perimeter defense in the worst way. Or hell, the Grizzlies aren't even giving Vince that much burn... try to get him back.

Edit: I am rarely one to criticize a coach (especially this coach), but on a night where the Suns are absolutely white-hot from the perimeter, how is it possible that Aminu and Crowder played 13 minutes combined while RJ played 17? I'm sure some of that is just Rick trying different combinations and doing what he can to get Jefferson going, but damn... can we have one of our two best swingman/forward defenders on the court at almost all times please?

Last edited by spreedom; 12-06-2014 at 12:36 AM.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 01:37 AM   #29
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Didnt watch, but expected a loss. I took the Suns +6. Mavs were due for a loss after the way the last two games went. Monta saved the last two and I knew coming home to a WC team, the Mavs wouldnt be able to get up for.

Parsons has been completely unreliable. Definitely not as good as advertised. Its troubling how bad his shooting has been, and the fact that he cant get things going on his own.

Dirk has been in a slump big time.

Monta/Tyson has been carrying this team.

PGs arent going as well as I expected.

Long season ahead. I still think we're right below the legit contenders. Which is about 5th or so.
Old 12-06-2014, 03:17 AM   #30
xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx is a jewel in the roughxtruroyaltyx is a jewel in the roughxtruroyaltyx is a jewel in the roughxtruroyaltyx is a jewel in the roughxtruroyaltyx is a jewel in the rough

Ariza isn't shooting lights out, but he's a great fit for us. Especially defensively. And he's a good rebounder. I'm happy with him.

I go to a lot of nba boards though and really I don't dislike the Mavericks any more than any other team. But I enjoy good games. I just hope we win.
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 03:59 AM   #31
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

I can take watching Dirk bricking shots all day, because I know it's an anomaly, but there were a couple times that I wished Dirk would have delivered a foul rather than allow a layup.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 06:10 AM   #32
ffballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
MBT, please take another stab at trading for Corey Brewer... Mavs need reliable perimeter defense in the worst way. Or hell, the Grizzlies aren't even giving Vince that much burn... try to get him back.

Edit: I am rarely one to criticize a coach (especially this coach), but on a night where the Suns are absolutely white-hot from the perimeter, how is it possible that Aminu and Crowder played 13 minutes combined while RJ played 17? I'm sure some of that is just Rick trying different combinations and doing what he can to get Jefferson going, but damn... can we have one of our two best swingman/forward defenders on the court at almost all times please?
i said exactly the same on the gdt, how is it possible that ur getting pounded, and not putting your best defenders on court, that would be Monta,Jae, Aminu,Parsons and Tyson, u can say well, thats a limited offensive team, well u just play for monta, after all everyone else is sucking big time on offense as well lately,rick lost this one, i said it before and i'll keep on saying it,3rd quarter mavs reaction taking aminu and monta for old busted dirk that looked like a 70 year old trying to play basketball and jj that is like 5 feet shorter than both dragic bledsoe and green it was ridiculous
Old 12-06-2014, 07:12 AM   #33
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

We don't have too many two-way players on this roster, that is the biggest problem. You could argue that was true in 2011, but that team played excellent team defense. For some reason, they are unable to do it ever since. Of course many things changed since, Dirk is a shell of his former self defensively, and of course Nelson and Monta are terrible defenders while Parsons is average. Ok, I guess we have the answer for that question. It's the roster, terrible defenders and average, below average rebounders in each position except small forward and center. It's hard to win against really good teams when you have flaws like that.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 12-06-2014 at 07:14 AM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 10:03 AM   #34
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Didnt watch, but expected a loss. I took the Suns +6. Mavs were due for a loss after the way the last two games went. Monta saved the last two and I knew coming home to a WC team, the Mavs wouldnt be able to get up for.

Parsons has been completely unreliable. Definitely not as good as advertised. Its troubling how bad his shooting has been, and the fact that he cant get things going on his own.

Dirk has been in a slump big time.

Monta/Tyson has been carrying this team.

PGs arent going as well as I expected.

Long season ahead. I still think we're right below the legit contenders. Which is about 5th or so.
This is pretty much dead on but I think you're just a little harsh on Parsons.
He certainly isn't living up to his pay but I wouldn't consider him completely unreliable.
I think Dirk's shooting slump is the biggest issue because at this point of his career he is a huge liability if he's not hitting shots and brings absolutely nothing else other than some leadership.
It's painful to watch him attempt to play defense and get brutalized on the boards.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 10:43 AM   #35
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Expected/Predictable loss after a road trip, while winning all of those games.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 12:49 PM   #36
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Games rarely go well when Dirk plays poorly. Teams stop double teaming him. They hawk the passing lanes and cover the other shooters so if he does kick it out, there are no open looks. And when no one else steps up on offense, we are in deep doo-doo.

Dirk- 2 for 10
Jameer - 2 for 8
Jefferson 1 for 6
Aminu 0 for 4
8 missed free throws.

That we were ever even close in this game is a miracle.

Maybe its a one game anomaly. Otherwise, its time for some soul searching. or for a PG who can get the ball to shooters in their spots.
Old 12-06-2014, 01:25 PM   #37
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
Games rarely go well when Dirk plays poorly. Teams stop double teaming him. They hawk the passing lanes and cover the other shooters so if he does kick it out, there are no open looks. And when no one else steps up on offense, we are in deep doo-doo.

Dirk- 2 for 10
Jameer - 2 for 8
Jefferson 1 for 6
Aminu 0 for 4
8 missed free throws.

That we were ever even close in this game is a miracle.

Maybe its a one game anomaly. Otherwise, its time for some soul searching. or for a PG who can get the ball to shooters in their spots.
Ive seen this excuse from a lot of posters. For Dirk's shooting(which hopefully is), for our poor defense on 3s, teams hitting everything against the Mavs, Mavs horrible 3 point shooting, and Parsons play thus far. At some point, we cant call them anomalies anymore.
Old 12-06-2014, 01:45 PM   #38
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

And while playing below average basketball for quite some time now, Mavs are 16-5 and it's only December. Lot of time to fix some things and they still get to know eachother.

Still, i'm pissed at some games as everyone else.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 02:17 PM   #39
Igor1988

Igor1988 will become famous soon enough

Typical game against team with 4 shooters in starting lineup. There is too low defensive ability with Dirk on the court and too difficult offense without him. RJ is not alternative. He can;t attacks the rim from any position. Why did Rick let him go on the court in first half? Aminu looked very strong in MIL.
I think despite numerous talks about deep Mavs rotation, we have one solid frontcourt lineup without Dirk only: with two centers TC & BR on the court in one moment of time. But there is too many size against smallball teams like Suns or Rockets. And Carlisle uses RJ, Aminu and even Parsons on PF role. Dallas needs one more solid big man, I guess. Unfortunately Craig Smith is one of the deepest bencher I've ever seen as Mavericks fan. And I have no questions to Rick about Smith's times on the court of course

Last edited by Igor1988; 12-06-2014 at 02:18 PM.
Igor1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 02:50 PM   #40
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Ive seen this excuse from a lot of posters. For Dirk's shooting(which hopefully is), for our poor defense on 3s, teams hitting everything against the Mavs, Mavs horrible 3 point shooting, and Parsons play thus far. At some point, we cant call them anomalies anymore.
Dirk has shot poorly in several games, but in Toronto, he still managed 20 points and hit key baskets in the 4th and in OT, and had 8 assists. Last night-zero assists.

No doubt the shooting needs to get better and the defense as well. With this cast of players, it has to be team defense. That means better, quicker rotations, and that takes some time to develop. We are fortunate to have such a good record so far, but we have a bunch of tough games coming up, and if play does not improve, we will continue to be embarrassed by every top team in the west.