Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-09-2002, 09:22 PM   #1
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Who remembers Sifl and Olly from MTV in '98 and '99?

I thought those dudes were cres.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2002, 09:56 PM   #2
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

me.
it's still on on mtv here.

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 10:03 PM   #3
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Well then, you guys have better MTV than we do. I have to watch umpteen million reruns of Sorority Life. BAH!
Old 09-10-2002, 08:52 AM   #4
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Were they the dirty talking sock puppets?
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 09:25 AM   #5
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Yup. I don't know about dirty, though. Dirty socks? Dirty Talking? Dirty Puppets?

You've got a misplaced modifier in there somewhere. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-10-2002, 02:27 PM   #6
Dirk77
Banned

Dirk77 is on a distinguished road

Veruca, your lucky!!! I use to watch that show all the time, it was so awesome, chester was funny. I don't think it comes on anymore here.
Dirk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 05:51 PM   #7
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

rock
Old 09-10-2002, 06:03 PM   #8
veruca salt
Platinum Member

our mtv rules. it's probably all old shit to you though.
sifl & olly, jackass, real world, road rules, daria, dismissed.
they might not bother showing sorority life to us, as i guess
it really wouldn't mean much in australia.

Smile like you mean it
Old 09-10-2002, 06:52 PM   #9
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

it doesn't mean much in the US. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but I'm sure kids in dorm rooms everywhere are watching it.

I wish they'd bring back Beavis and Butthead.
Old 09-10-2002, 09:10 PM   #10
veruca salt
Platinum Member

that's on here too.

Smile like you mean it
Old 09-10-2002, 09:22 PM   #11
Dirk77
Banned

Dirk77 is on a distinguished road

sifl and olly, sifl and olly rock!!!! ROCK FACTS, ROCK FACTS, ROCK FACTS!!!!!!! That show was cool
Dirk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 09:28 PM   #12
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

I'm moving to Australia.
Old 09-10-2002, 10:17 PM   #13
veruca salt
Platinum Member

you'd love it rhylan [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
draw back is for some reason we don't get the awards live.
the mtv music awards are being shown tonight.
clearly a week late!
i'm not that interested though, i think they could've
put a bit more effort into the live acts, no one that enticing.

Smile like you mean it
Old 09-10-2002, 11:21 PM   #14
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Yeah, I thought the VMAs were pretty sucky this year, and usually I'm all into them. And that's even with Bruce opening the show, even that didn't save the show.
Old 09-11-2002, 06:02 PM   #15
veruca salt
Platinum Member

After watching it, it wasn't quite as bad as I thought.
The Hives saved it....damn it was long though.
Jack White looked *very* cool.
Who the hell were the band who won the MTV2 award.
Wow...they were so lame. I expected more.

Smile like you mean it
Old 09-12-2002, 07:42 AM   #16
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

did dashboard win the MTV2 award?

i heard that... it's dashboard confessional. it's really just one guy who plays with different people (kinda like NIN). but it doesn't seem like MTV2 music to me. dashboard is emo, not alternative or nu-metal, which is what MTV2 sure seems to play a lot of. weird that they won.

but they/he is good. I saw him in nashville. great show, except i got my car freakin' towed.
Old 09-17-2002, 09:40 PM   #17
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

My 30 year old brother went to school in Anapolis and D.C. and he'd strangle you for even mentioning Dashboard Confessional and Emo in the same sentence :-)

I still kinda like the guy though
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 07:28 AM   #18
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

well, that's what i'd group them as, strangle or not. why does your brother have a problem with that? what would he classify them/him as?