Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-04-2005, 10:00 AM   #281
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

wow, I wouldn't really call the Oklahoma State game a game that could have gone either way.

But hey, like I said, the Big12 has one team that's worth paying attention to...that's one more than the SEC.
Murphy3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2005, 12:57 PM   #282
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot_ark
Like they destroyed Ohio State? Ohio State is the only team Texas has played all year that is in the same vicinity of those 3 teams I mentioned.

A&M, OSU, OSU - all relatively close games that could have gone either way. To say that UT would destroy UGA, LSU, or AU is the biggest case of blind loyalty/rose colored glasses I've ever seen. But hey...playing in the Big 12 probably does wonders for inflating one's ego.
Texas would destroy those teams...

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 06:10 PM   #283
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Just like they destroyed Ohio State?
Old 12-04-2005, 07:32 PM   #284
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

so, what's your point?
Old 12-04-2005, 08:54 PM   #285
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

the OSU game was the second game of the year in Columbus.

this Texas team after going 11-0 is no question a completely different team than the one that was 1-0, their confidence and their swagger is at a totally different level (post OU), from each coach down to each player..

UT and USC are without the best college football has to offer this year, it's not even close.

There is no doubt Texas would destroy those teams you've mentioned.

If you have a game between the Longhorns and the Buckeyes today at a neutral site, UT would be huge favorites.

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 12-04-2005 at 08:59 PM.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:39 PM   #286
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Because Texas has exhibited such a vast history for destroying top 10 teams?
Old 12-04-2005, 11:40 PM   #287
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

...and you faggots that don't like my opinion and give my bad repuation points can kiss my ass. Sign the thing you pussies.

Last edited by ocelot_ark; 12-04-2005 at 11:40 PM.
ocelot_ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 11:56 PM   #288
alby
Guru

You are right about Texas's history. All I'm trying to say is that this is a totally different team and a totally different coaching staff from the talented Texas teams of recent years.

Contact Me
Old 12-05-2005, 02:28 AM   #289
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

And all I'm saying is, that despite UT's transformance, they have yet to DESTROY any top 10 caliber teams.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:52 AM   #290
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I love how texas beating aTm by 11 is a close game that means they arent that great but USC beating Fresno by less doesnt mean anything. Honestly imo Fresno and aTm arent that different levels of teams. Yes that means I dont think FSU should be ranked. They got destroyed by La Tech for christs sake. Texas put up 40 on EVERYONE but OSU. The texas receivers have made the fastest turn around I have ever seen. They were terrible last year. They are the second best receiving core in the country this year imo. I think Sweed will make a play in the national title game that will get him national recognition. He isnt as fast as williams was but he has great hands and he is huge. I really look forward to this game. I wish it would actually be Uts O against USCs O and UTs D against USCs O. Yes UTs D is very very good, but that USC O is amazing. IFFFFFFF they are in sync, they can score 40 on anyone and that includes UT. USCs D is weaker than UTs but UT is more prone to mistakes. That said, as bad as they looked in the aTm game they put up 40. Amazing isnt it. You get done and everyones talking about how poorly the O played and they put up 40. Uts special teams have been amazing recently too. I think UT wins but this should be an amazing game.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 09:24 AM   #291
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

congratulations, Texas. now it's time to prove you belong with USC.
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 10:31 AM   #292
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED
congratulations, Texas. now it's time to prove you belong with USC.
Count me as a Longhorn that is pretty frightened by the USC Offense. Granted, I've only seen one game but that was Saturday. And although Leinart didn't really impress me, what I took from that first half is they don't need a QB.

I am a Texas fan, so I am going to say we win. But it won't be easy.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:00 PM   #293
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

I think the key is going to be the Texas linebackers. if they can keep with USC's ground attack and consistently get angles on them and TACKLE instead of hit, it will be a very close game. Chizik is all about LB speed and tackling technique, too...just look what type of players he left us at Auburn. Fast, well-tackling and undersized guys...good luck.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:43 PM   #294
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Chizik took Drew Kelson, a 5-star safety in high school, and turned him into a linebacker just to get more speed at linebacker. That's why I'm just as worried about White as I am about Bush. We haven't seen many power backs this year but Javorski lane had some success pounding the ball against the UT defense. Rod Wright and Frank Okam are going to have to control the line of scrimmage.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:52 PM   #295
alby
Guru

White is the key for USC against us no doubt.

Contact Me
Old 12-05-2005, 04:28 PM   #296
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
White is the key for USC against us no doubt.
I don't know about that. I think Reggie Bush is a much bigger key, since if he has another one of those games he's grown accustomed to in the last couple of weeks, USC pretty much has this in the bag, barring Vince Young going absolutely crazy (which is always possible).

Texas Linebackers vs. Reggie Bush is the match up that will most likely decide this game.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 07:19 PM   #297
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I still will be shocked if they dont spy bush with Huff. He is one of the few defensive players who can run step for step with bush. The inside trio of Okam, wright, and harris will be responsible for stopping White. BTW about the 10 point score, in no way do i think texas is 10 points better. I just think that is how the game will turn out.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:51 PM   #298
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

No freakin' way Huff can run step for step with Reggie Bush. Stop drinkin' the orange kool aid.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:27 PM   #299
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

who gave me negative rep? at least be a man and sign who you were. you guys are babies.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:25 PM   #300
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED
who gave me negative rep? at least be a man and sign who you were. you guys are babies.
You should see all the red dots I've got since I started posting in this thread.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:48 PM   #301
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No freakin' way Huff can run step for step with Reggie Bush. Stop drinkin' the orange kool aid.
Huff isn't your typical safety...in high school he ran a 10.46 100 at the junior nationals...that's corner speed.

I don't know if he can run step for step with Bush but he can definitly track him down if he has an angle...that's more than Fresno States weak ass safeties could do.

...and just for the record I haven't handed out any negative rep...I enjoy the debate
Old 12-14-2005, 12:50 AM   #302
Five-ofan
Guru

Huff can run with anyone. He is a track guy. He is also 10th on Kipers big board of seniors btw. To ocelot and endtro I tried to give yall some positive rep to make up for the bad rep you guys got. I love discussing it. I mean seriously what would be the point of everyone just saying UT is awesome all the time. We have to have some people dissent.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:18 AM   #303
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

For intelligent discourse, I'll take SEC backers over Pac-10 apologists any day.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:39 AM   #304
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

LOL @ capital.

Thanks for the rep guys...if you notice some recent rep that was unsigned...it was from me. I dished out a bunch yesterday but I was in a hurry so I didn't sign 'em. Gracias!
Old 12-14-2005, 02:29 PM   #305
Murphy3
Guru

It'd be nice for whoever gave me negative rep in this thread actually have the balls to attach their name to it.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:41 PM   #306
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Don't count on it.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:17 PM   #307
Five-ofan
Guru

Why do people give out negative rep and not sign it??? That is just stupid.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:49 PM   #308
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Why do people give out negative rep and not sign it??? That is just stupid.
'Cause they're dudes. Hear that, dude? You're being called out. Sign the gosh darn thing next time...dude.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 12-14-2005 at 04:45 PM.
ocelot_ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 04:11 PM   #309
Five-ofan
Guru

Fortunately I have yet to get any negative rep, I guess because I never say anything bad about UT players but I dont understand giving someone negative rep just because you disagree with them AND I firmly believe that if you are gonna give someone negative rep you should sign it and say why you did it.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:04 PM   #310
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Oh come on, U2...let me blast them.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:17 PM   #311
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh come on, U2...let me blast them.
lol..... the new board software no longer allows a moderator to do his job anonymously.

Sorry about that, that was a wee bit over the top.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:43 PM   #312
Five-ofan
Guru

I read the original version ocelot. I thought it was pretty funny and not completely unwarranted.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:18 PM   #313
Murphy3
Guru

The pansy that keeps giving me negative rep for this thread is at it again.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:16 PM   #314
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future
Default UT FOOTBALL PLAYERS BEING INVESTIGATED FOR ASSAULT & ROBBERY

FOX 7 Named Ramonce Taylor and Cedric Griffin - KVUE, and others declined to name the suspects. I this is true it's some really, REALLY bad news for the Horns.

http://www.news8austin.com/content/t...sp?ArID=152037

UT football players accused in robberies, assaults
12/16/2005 4:30 PM
By: News 8 Austin Staff

Several football players from The University of Texas are being investigated by the Austin Police Department for robbery by assault, according to sources close to the investigation.

The investigation stems from two incidents on Sept. 4 and December 10.

The two incidents involve robbery by assault. Sources tell us that the victims are telling police they were downtown when they were beaten up and robbed of their money.

There have been no arrests and no indictments in the investigations, but the cases have been turned over to the district attorney's office for further review.

At least three of the players may be starters for the Longhorn team, sources say.

The Texas Longhorns are ranked No. 2 in the nation and are set to play USC for the National Championship in the Rose Bowl on Jan. 4. It remains unclear what impact these criminal investigations will have on the team's starting line-up.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:19 PM   #315
capitalcity
Diamond Member

more from the Statesman...

Police investigate incidents possibly involving UT players
Allegations include an assault and robbery, police say.

By Tony Plohetski
AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF
Friday, December 16, 2005

Austin police are investigating allegations that individuals involved in the University of Texas athletics program committed robbery and assault in two separate incidents in September and earlier this month.

Police said this afternoon that one incident happened Sept. 4, and the other happened early Dec. 10, a Saturday morning.

"Due to the fact that these crimes are still being investigated, APD cannot provide additional information," a police statement read.

According to a police report, the Dec. 10 incident occurred at 2:59 a.m. at 500 E. Seventh St. near the Sixth Street entertainment district. The report said that police took a call concerning an attempted robbery by assault in which a suspect used his hands, fist or feet to assault a victim.

The second incident happened Sept. 4 at 3:06 a.m. The report did not list the location, but it stated that officers were dispatched to an assault and that an automatic handgun was involved.

The UT football team is scheduled to play in the national championship game Jan. 4 at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Calif.

University athletic officials could not be immediately reached for comment.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:19 PM   #316
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

If true.... Karma.....
Old 12-16-2005, 06:51 PM   #317
capitalcity
Diamond Member

6:00 newscasts - no new information.

I can say with confidence that the entire city is hold it's collective breath.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:59 PM   #318
capitalcity
Diamond Member

10:00 news...

The big 3 all led with the player story. Kvue (abc) reporter says his contacts with espn "consider this a story and have committed 8 reporters to coverage of the allegations".

This in not going away.

Keye (cbs) reporter says she talked with an attorney "advising" Cedric Griffin who says, based on what he knows, he doesn't think a crime took place. This same keye reporter stated that she heard that several players were downtown and approached a man about giving them 5 dollars - a scuffle/ trash talking happend and that was the end of it.

NBC declined to name the players in volved... (ramonce and ced griffin).

In a statement Friday night UT athletic director DeLoss Dodds said, “we were surprised by the APD release of allegations concerning one of more of our student athletes. We have followed up on the rumors that we are hearing and spoken with the two student athletes who are alleged to be under investigation.”

http://keyetv.com/topstories/local_story_350184401.html

ESPN's picked it up now...
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2263160

The posters at Hornfans are calling bullshit...
http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwth...&o=0&fpart=all

Last edited by capitalcity; 12-16-2005 at 11:12 PM.
capitalcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 10:08 AM   #319
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

word is Bush might not play in the title game. agent. take it with a grain of salt right now, but this may materialize more strongly soon
Old 12-22-2005, 01:26 AM   #320
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

MFFL and Murphy3...the chickenshit longhorn fans who couldn't sign their names.