Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-16-2003, 09:05 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NBC is Chickesh*t

Realizing that the Boston-New York game was on Fox, NBC buckled like a wet noddle and pre-empted all of tonights new episodes of Friends, Will & Grace, Whoopi, and ER, instead showing reruns all night.

I was watching baseball anyways and I understand, but does NBC really have that little faith in their programming? Would advertising be down that much? Some companies refuse to advertise during sports events so there must certainly be enough paying advertisers to fill up the slots.

Yellow.....yellow I tell ya.....wimps.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2003, 11:11 PM   #2
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Considering that most shows usually only have 20 new episodes a year, why blow off one week? It's actually a really good decision because that means that the advertisers will be paying their money for the ratings that it deserves rather than what's left.

The only reason there is a problem is because of the rained out game.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 12:15 PM   #3
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: NBC is Chickesh*t

cbs did the same thing with CSI, which is consistently the highest rated show on TV.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:22 PM   #4
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

It gives NBC an extra week to fix Coupling, which has already been pulled from the schedule for 2 weeks.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 02:10 PM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:NBC is Chickesh*t

Actually I think that all the major networks are Chickensh*t. But I can see not wanting to wast running one of their precious 20 episodes against MLB playoffs.
Old 10-17-2003, 02:37 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I certainly understand the why, but isn't it a small slap in the face of non-sports fans who bougth the TV Guides, on screen services, etc? They could have made plans to watch the shows when they were advertised to be shown. Those folks (probably a HUGE percentage of total viewership) were ready to watch shows that were supposed to be shown as original episodes and then voila......NBC flakes out showing no confidence in the power of their programming and disappoints many viewers. I had a VCR going for the Thursday night NBC programming and was watching baseball myself, but I do see the other side of this equation.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 02:44 PM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i was kinda pissed at HBO and the WB
they decided to go ahead with their regularly scheduled programming..
i had to miss part of Smallville and Carnivale
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 04:08 PM   #8
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i think they figured some people would be mad that they have to wait a week, but that's better than having people miss an episode completely.

you would have to think, though, that most of the population would have watched their regualr shows instead of baseball, even with it being sox/yankees game 7.
Old 10-17-2003, 11:42 PM   #9
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

SO that's why ER was a rerun!
NBC shouldn't worry about it, there is always going to be competition between networks, why throw the white flag just because some ER fans like baseball?
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 05:26 PM   #10
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

The Power of Tivo!

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote