Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 02-05-2006, 12:12 AM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'm watching Saturday Night Live...

I'm shocked..... Here's a couple of things that shock me..

1. The writers are even capable of making Steve Martin unfunny.

2. I never realized how much of a spare Prince was/is. His voice is so mediocre at best. If he were to try out for American Idol, he wouldn't even get invited to Hollywood. If he were singing Karaoke at a local McDonald's, he'd get booed off the stage. If he were singing in the Singing Special Olympics, the mentally and physically handicapped would laugh him off the stage. If he were singing for the deaf and blind, they'd throw tomatoes at him.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2006, 12:20 AM   #2
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Dear Murphy,

You are wrong about Prince.

Love,

Saltwater

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 12:22 AM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Saturday Night Live is TERRIBLE tonight. It's perhaps the worst show that I've ever seen in the history of SNL.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:47 AM   #4
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

it's easily better than the last one (with sargaard - only funny part of that show was the pirate sketch).

at least this one made me laugh a few times.

edit to add: the last 2 skits (surfers and crafting) were abysmal. the oprah one seemed really off. but the rest were decent.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 02-05-2006 at 01:56 AM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 11:58 AM   #5
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I was truly disappointed that Prince didn't make an appearance on the Prince show.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:27 PM   #6
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, i got the feeling that he has no problem with the parody, but does't necessarily endorse it.

and they had the perfect setup, with Prince looking into the "mirror of reflection" or whatever the hell it was called. I thought for sure they'd have the real prince there, playing the "reflection". would have been perfect, and gotten a huge ovation, i'm sure.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:03 AM   #7
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

1. The writers are even capable of making Steve Martin unfunny.

he's been doing this himself for years now.....I doubt he needs help.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:11 AM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Steve Martin is genius..
Old 02-06-2006, 11:20 AM   #9
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Steve Martin is genius..
the young Steve Martin is genius...
the Steve Martin who made: The Out of Towners, Bowfinger, Novocaine, Bringing Down the House, Cheaper By the Dozen,...and Cheaper by the Dozen 2, Pink Panther remake....not so genius...feels like he's been selling out for a few years now...I wish he had shown the same artistic credablity that Bill Murrey has shown.....

Now his new flick "shop girl" may be somthing worthy of Steve Martin.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 02-06-2006, 11:24 AM   #10
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

We'd love him even if he was the color of a baboon's ass...

Last edited by irontoad; 02-06-2006 at 11:25 AM.
irontoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:29 AM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

...nothing wrong with Steve Martin in Bowfinger, Cheaper by the Dozen, Novocaine, or Bringing Down the House. No, not all of the movies were good, but there was nothing wrong with Steve Martin in any of them.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:46 AM   #12
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

murphy, i was about to say the same thing. bowfinger was pretty good. i heard good things about novocaine.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:15 PM   #13
sike
The Preacha

if the movie ain't good....the star has to take some responcibility. Like I said, I wish that he would hold out for better comedies (ala Bill Murry) instead of accepting some of the roles he has.

Last edited by sike; 02-06-2006 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:39 PM   #14
Murphy3
Guru

Yeah, I enjoyed Bowfinger as well. Bringing Down the House and Cheaper by the Dozen weren't great, but they weren't crap either.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:49 PM   #15
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Yeah, I enjoyed Bowfinger as well. Bringing Down the House and Cheaper by the Dozen weren't great, but they weren't crap either.
but were they worthy of Steve Martin? I think not.

Old 02-06-2006, 03:08 PM   #16
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Back on the subject of SNL, I personally think that the show has sucked for years...

If you don't believe me, rearrange the letters in 'saturday night live' and you get -

'is a vile, turdy thang'

Coincidence? I think not my friends, I think not...
Old 02-06-2006, 05:31 PM   #17
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by irontoad
Back on the subject of SNL, I personally think that the show has sucked for years...

If you don't believe me, rearrange the letters in 'saturday night live' and you get -

'is a vile, turdy thang'

Coincidence? I think not my friends, I think not...
genius...