Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-09-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute
Default This is Goodbye

Im done watching nba games. Permanently. Ill pop in to comment on the rangers thread every now and then but im done with the nba. Dirk i love you but you play for a shitty league. I know this sounds like an overreaction but im actually fairly calm right now. Thats the problem. A terrible call to decide the mavs season doesnt shock me so i cant really get upset about it. And that my friends is why im done with the nba.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2009, 07:12 PM   #2
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Wright could have fouled him harder...

But yeah I can't blame you.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:13 PM   #3
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

I said the same thing after the Miami series, just because I love basketball so much, I came back. This time, I dk.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:13 PM   #4
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I'm about there, too. Gonna think on it a bit but being emotionally committed to something so easily manipulated is a waste of time.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:14 PM   #5
erdubya

erdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really nice

It hurts.. and we can't blame it on the lousy calls/no-calls. The game should've never been this close to begin with. Oh well, we had a better run than last year... so improvement is good.

erdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:15 PM   #6
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdubya View Post
It hurts.. and we can't blame it on the lousy calls/no-calls. The game should've never been this close to begin with. Oh well, we had a better run than last year... so improvement is good.
They were playing DENVER. Of course it should have been close. What the hell are you talking about.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:15 PM   #7
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh good grief. The officiating, as a whole, helped us a ton in this game. They called EVERYTHING tonight and that is exactly the kind of officiating you want against the Nuggets.

It was a bad call, but what the hell is Wright doing on that play? He raised his hands as if he was trying to avoid the call after committing the foul. Finish the damn play.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:17 PM   #8
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Oh good grief. The officiating, as a whole, helped us a ton in this game. They called EVERYTHING tonight and that is exactly the kind of officiating you want against the Nuggets.

It was a bad call, but what the hell is Wright doing on that play? He raised his hands as if he was trying to avoid the call after committing the foul. Finish the damn play.
when you consider calling things evenly on both ends helping you its time to stop watching.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:19 PM   #9
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

One question? Was it Salvatore standing beside Wright?

Im done with the NBA, after more than 15 years spending days and nights with it.

After the last years i wanted to wait at least Dirks career ending for it but what this playoffs happened was WAY too much in several games.

Last edited by mary; 05-09-2009 at 07:21 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:20 PM   #10
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
when you consider calling things evenly on both ends helping you its time to stop watching.
That's fair. And if that's the way you feel then why didn't you make a post like this after the first two games?

This game was officiated how we needed it to be.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:21 PM   #11
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

The thing I hate about the NBA is the referees have too much of an impact. The Mavs and Nuggets shot 89 total free throws tonight, and then when Wright actually tries to foul it's a no call.

It's really hard to take.. and I'm as depressed as I've ever been as a Mavericks fan. This win was literally stolen from us, and what makes it horrible is that it ends our season.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:23 PM   #12
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

What Twista said.

The refs have huge egos and do try to influence the game too much. They shoudn't favor either team. They should just do their damn job correctly which Never happens.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:24 PM   #13
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
That's fair. And if that's the way you feel then why didn't you make a post like this after the first two games?

This game was officiated how we needed it to be.
i dont have the internet at my house and i havent been around much between game 1 and now. I have had the thoughts between games 1 and 2 though. Not to the extent of not watching but thinking about it. Like i said my problem is i really dont have a problem. 4 years ago i would have been livid right now. Right now im not suprised at all. Im not mad. Nothing all that suprising to me.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:24 PM   #14
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be watching Game 4 for some reason.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:24 PM   #15
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Wright should have fouled him harder... but then again everyone in the place knows the foul is coming...but then again if Wright gives him a "you can't miss this foul' then Benny probably calls a fragrant...am I paranoid or a realist, I can't tell anymore?????
Old 05-09-2009, 07:27 PM   #16
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

the no-call really pisses me off...but wright needed to do more. in that situation, 99% of the time, you see guys just grab the arm or hug the guy around the waist with two hands. make it completely obvious, and render it completely impossible to take a shot.

the worst thing about this is it will allow the Mavs to keep blaming the refs for the team's shortcomings. with the two point lead and 20 seconds left in the game--and 17 on the shot clock--don't settle for a damn fadeaway jumper. take it strong to the hole, and either get the bucket to go up four, or get fouled on the way and have a chance to go up 3 or 4.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:27 PM   #17
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
I'll be watching Game 4 for some reason.
Might be the Mavs last game of the season--wouldn't miss it for just about anything.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:27 PM   #18
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Wright should have fouled him harder... but then again everyone in the place knows the foul is coming...but then again if Wright gives him a "you can't miss this foul' then Benny probably calls a fragrant...am I paranoid or a realist, I can't tell anymore?????
"Flagrant 1 on Wright - thank you refs"

Specially for this game with his 3738398 foul calls it was enought to call a foul.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:27 PM   #19
croco

croco has a spectacular aura aboutcroco has a spectacular aura aboutcroco has a spectacular aura about

It's almost getting to the point where I start to believe that there is some sort of conspiracy against Dallas. All those BS calls in Denver and now this, plus the past. What else can happen !?
croco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:31 PM   #20
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

My old college roommate who is a Ducks fan and doesn't even care for basketball....broke his remote in anger watching this game.

Kinda reminds me of Big Shot's 87 year old Grandma. If these types of people see it too....it's a problem.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:31 PM   #21
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
the no-call really pisses me off...but wright needed to do more. in that situation, 99% of the time, you see guys just grab the arm or hug the guy around the waist with two hands. make it completely obvious, and render it completely impossible to take a shot.

the worst thing about this is it will allow the Mavs to keep blaming the refs for the team's shortcomings. with the two point lead and 20 seconds left in the game--and 17 on the shot clock--don't settle for a damn fadeaway jumper. take it strong to the hole, and either get the bucket to go up four, or get fouled on the way and have a chance to go up 3 or 4.
short of martin pulling out a shank and stabbing dirk, dirk wasnt going to get a foul call in that situation and we all know that.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:31 PM   #22
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

If you are a fairweather fan that buys the popular jerseys, this is the best league in the world. Who doesnt want a Kobe or Celtics jersey? tune in for the big name matchups!
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:33 PM   #23
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

The problem I have is I like basketball so much (it is my favorite sport) and that is why I will probably never stop following the Mavs. If it were so blatantly obvious in baseball I would stop following that.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:34 PM   #24
esoteric562

esoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to all

the nba keeps finding ways to break my spirit. I don't mind if they lost by just good basketball... but how they lost through some bulls*** no calls is just inexcusable...
esoteric562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:34 PM   #25
12 Tone Melodies

12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
One question? Was it Salvatore standing beside Wright?

Im done with the NBA, after more than 15 years spending days and nights with it.

After the last years i wanted to wait at least Dirks career ending for it but what this playoffs happened was WAY too much in several games.
I think it was Mark Wunderlich

I'm not done with the NBA, but in the future I'm using the same suspension of disbelief that I use on the rare occassions when I watch professional "wrestling"

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
- John Adams

Last edited by 12 Tone Melodies; 05-09-2009 at 07:41 PM.
12 Tone Melodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:35 PM   #26
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

You'll be back. I hope.

But I completely, completely understand why you would come to this conclusion.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:36 PM   #27
Gus

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

I agree with this completely. The NBA isn't for people who actually like basketball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
If you are a fairweather fan that buys the popular jerseys, this is the best league in the world. Who doesnt want a Kobe or Celtics jersey? tune in for the big name matchups!
Gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:38 PM   #28
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

I feel your pain Five-OFan. Im not angry right now for some reason. This loss confirms to me that we're never going to win a championship under Cuban. The refs hate us. We have to play close to perfect basketball to win. We all saw what happened in game 1, and now this. I've been through so much heartbreak that it just doesn't seem to hurt anymore. Its kinda like when your body freezes. It hurts and hurts at first but after a while you just go numb...
Old 05-09-2009, 07:50 PM   #29
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Are we still allowed to curse on this forum? If so, fuck the NBA and burn in hell David Stern
Old 05-09-2009, 07:52 PM   #30
Yuckychimp

Yuckychimp is on a distinguished road
Default Yuckychimp

David Stern dosen't want Dirk to win a championship so he gets his puppets the refs to screw the Mavs at every chance they get.

Why? Stern is Jewish and Dirk is German. Make the connection.
Yuckychimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:55 PM   #31
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
The problem I have is I like basketball so much (it is my favorite sport) and that is why I will probably never stop following the Mavs. If it were so blatantly obvious in baseball I would stop following that.
i love basketball. I never really played but i grew up watching it. I especially love dirk. And i even have no problem watching losing basketball. I loved watching tony dumas and hoping for his future. I loved watching chris anstey and hoping hed be "the best running big man in the nba" because i loved basketball and i loved the mavs.

I love Dirk Nowitzki. In my opinion there is no greater superstar anyone could ever hope to be a fan of. He always plays no matter what. He never complains about anything for the most part. He is humble in an era when no one else is. His game is a thing of beauty to watch and yet i spend a bunch of time hoping that he gets called the same way everyone else does but it never happens. The fact that I am absolutely thrilled when we get even calls like most of today is funny. The nuggets foul alot. They finally got called for a bunch of them. Then the refs cost the mavs their season. Again. Im not saying the mavs would have won this series if the refs didnt screw them today. And we did leave the door open. Thats not the point. The point is nothing suprises me anymore except good calls. And thats why its time to quit watching.

Bill simmons made a point in the spurs series that joey crawford officiated game 3 despite his terrible history with the spurs. No he didnt affect the game but if you are the nba why would you take that chance? The same thing with salvatore. Bennet Salvatore cost the mavs a title. This is inarguable. Why would you let him ref a game that decides the mavs season(and i know he didnt not make the call. then again he had no problem making a call from 60 feet away in the finals so why wouldnt he make it now?)
The nba just doesnt care. They count on die hard fans watching anyway and casual fans not thinking its a big deal when espn tells them its not.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:57 PM   #32
robz
Golden Member

robz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nice

I think I'm calm right now but I really think I'm done with the nba. I'm just sticking to NFL and MLB going forward. The consistency in calls in the NBA is so horrible. Not even just this call, but over all.

Stars always have privilege and it's really frustrating to watch.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:57 PM   #33
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuckychimp View Post
David Stern dosen't want Dirk to win a championship so he gets his puppets the refs to screw the Mavs at every chance they get.

Take that crap to mavtalk.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 05-09-2009 at 07:58 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:01 PM   #34
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I'm a Mavs fan forever and will never quit watching. But at the same time I guess i'm a realist or hell maybe i'm just a bad Mavs fan because I understand they have their faults and when they lose I always seem to think its something the Mavs did and not the other team or the officiating. Mavs could've played better. A lot better. Up 4 points with 31 seconds left? Mavs should've won this game and there was nothing I saw from the refs that leads me to believe otherwise. I think you can argue that the Mavs got the better end of the officiating tonight.

But I guess peace out if this is your last time on the board when it comes to concerning the Mavs. Every team probably has fans like you who. I can understand how someone could feel this way after the Miami series some years ago. But not about this series. The Mavs are not in the same league as the Nuggets and I think beating a depleted Spurs team sort of skewed our view of what this Mavs team really is.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:03 PM   #35
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Lets come back Mavs!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:04 PM   #36
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I'm a Mavs fan forever and will never quit watching. But at the same time I guess i'm a realist or hell maybe i'm just a bad Mavs fan because I understand they have their faults and when they lose I always seem to think its something the Mavs did and not the other team or the officiating. Mavs could've played better. A lot better. Up 4 points with 31 seconds left? Mavs should've won this game and there was nothing I saw from the refs that leads me to believe otherwise. I think you can argue that the Mavs got the better end of the officiating tonight.

But I guess peace out if this is your last time on the board when it comes to concerning the Mavs. Every team probably has fans like you who. I can understand how someone could feel this way after the Miami series some years ago. But not about this series. The Mavs are not in the same league as the Nuggets and I think beating a depleted Spurs team sort of skewed our view of what this Mavs team really is.
oh the nuggets are a more talented team than us. I know that. Theres a great chance wed lose this series if it was reffed straight up. But well never know. There hasnt been a well officiated game yet.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:05 PM   #37
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuckychimp View Post

david stern didnt call mark wunderlych and say Dont call that. mark wunderlych made that call all on his own. People need to understand shitty officiating doesnt mean a conspiracy. It means the refs suck.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:10 PM   #38
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

I'll still be there Monday night, even though I pretty much expect the Mavs to fold and get knocked out on their own court. And I'll still be at the games next year, unless that job transfer comes through--in which case, I'll be watching the Wizards in person, wishing I were back at the AAC where the home team actually had a chance in hell of winning...or anxiously awaiting construction of the new Nets arena in Brooklyn so I can go see Devin, depending on where I land. Either way, I'll still be watching all the Mavs games on whatever cable/satellite package I have to spring for. Mavs fan for life, no matter how big a beating that may be right now.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:13 PM   #39
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703 View Post
Lets come back Mavs!
f$#@ off horse
Old 05-09-2009, 08:14 PM   #40
lonestarstate90

lonestarstate90 can only hope to improve

It's funny I am also a Dallas Cowboys fan and I used to scream and scream at the NFL referees when they called offsides on Demarcus Ware when he wasn't offsides he just timed the snap perfectly and I thought the NFL referees were bad but the NBA referees make the NFL ones look good. That was the sorriest thing I have ever seen in sports and I don't blame Josh Howard or Wright for being completely upset after that. Wright's foul was so obvious that a person who doesn't even watch basketball could tell that he clearly fouled him. Now I realize why I love football more than basketball. If I didn't know any better I would swear that someone was paying these referees off because no matter what the Mavericks do they just don't have a chance. It wouldn't of been so upsetting if the Mavericks lost because they didn't play good enough but this game they actually played better than the Nuggets and somehow and someway they lose because of the referees. And people who say that referees don't decide games should watch this series because from the first game Dallas was getting bull**** calls on them and Denver fouled Dallas so many times and wasn't called for it but this game the referees were actually calling the game better until the end. All I have to say now is that I probably won't watch basketball anymore, it's been so ridiculous that I can't stand it anymore, but I still love the Mavericks and I wish them well and hopefully they will overcome this.
lonestarstate90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
got a bit fluffy in here