Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-06-2012, 09:46 AM   #81
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Half of Hardens FT are straight up bullshit because he does everytime the "kick my head back because i got hit so incredible hard" Paul Pierce flop.

The guy is overrated like shit. No midrange, just the drive (including flopping) and three. And yeah, its easy to take it all the time to the rim if you know there will be the bailout call waiting.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2012, 10:04 AM   #82
thunderfan

thunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Half of Hardens FT are straight up bullshit because he does everytime the "kick my head back because i got hit so incredible hard" Paul Pierce flop.

The guy is overrated like shit. No midrange, just the drive (including flopping) and three. And yeah, its easy to take it all the time to the rim if you know there will be the bailout call waiting.
If James Harden went to the FT line half of what he does, he'd still easily be better than any 2 guard on the Dallas roster. You'd give your right arm to have him in a Mavs uniform. Who are you fooling?
thunderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #83
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

All the calls the Thunder received were hilarious. And Collison raped Dirk all night, guess what? No call...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #84
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post

No. Harden is solid. He looks stupid as a mother F'er and I can't stand to look at his bearded dumb-face, but he can play.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #85
thunderfan

thunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the rough

Never really even saw Dirk complaining that much. What's that tell me? Dirk will bitch at the refs if he feels he's really getting hammered. He didn't seem to object all that much.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #86
thunderfan

On the Harden head jerk/flop - I will go with you on that one. I think Harden is better at not doing that honestly, but last year he did try to sell calls more than I like to see by "snapping" his head back.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:31 AM   #87
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Bullets:

Game:
  • #Mavs lose to the #Thunder 101.98 to 106.46, set new season low for team turnovers at 3.36 Per 100 Possessions.
  • Also several season lows in opposing FT categories: FTA/FGM (38.16%), FTA P100 (36.98), FTM P100 (32.50), new season high in Opp STLs (4.48)
  • #Mavs hit all FT for first time this season, but attempt second fewest on the road (11.21 P100), limit OKC to 14.57 AST, season-high on road
  • Once again it's the tale of two halves offensively: In 1st #Mavs shoot 53.41% eFG (113.82 Off), 2nd 42.50% (90.42 Off)
  • #Mavs also set new season-low in 2nd half defensive rebounding at 47.37%. Yes, the #Thunder got half their misses back. Wood injury hurts...
  • Mavs shoot only 14-41 on 2FG outside 3 feet, #Thunder worse (8-30), but made up for it at the line, Dallas couldn't
Lineups:
  • Now the second game in a row that bench units could outscore opponent (today +1.94 PP100), but on sloppy D (116.54 DefEff)
  • But bench units also set season-high in OffEff on the road (118.48 PP100), hit season-high 11.65 3FG.
  • Starting unit (with Mahinmi) was outscored 10-19 on 116.81 Def. Best unit was Kidd-JET-Shawn-Odom-Ian (22-13 and +77.28 PP100)
  • The Roddy/Terry backcourt got the most playing time, but was outscored by -16.65 PP100 (119.30 Def). Only Jasons worked: +25.36 (129.99 Off)
  • Marion/Dirk got most time at SF/PF, but ineffective (-23.88 PP100), while Lamar worked with Marion (+31.85) and Dirk (+23.76)
  • So no surprise that @RealLamarOdom grabs his first +/- this season at +36.62 (121.02 Off). Not loved: @swish41, Vince, Yi.
  • With Lamar, #Mavs score most in the Paint and off FTs (65.82 PP100) and share the ball the most (63.64 AST%)
Players:
  • Despite fouling out on a questionable call, @ianmahinmi leads PER (26.49) and WS48 (0.395), @matrix31 grabs WP48 (0.342)
  • Only guys statistically not responsible for the loss are Ian, Kidd, Marion, but with Kidd at the helm, most TOVs (24.42 P100)
  • Best rebounder was Marion (16.13%), then Mahinmi (10.87%). No one else hit 10%, which is pretty bad.
  • In the 4th, Dirk led way with 32.01 PER, Kidd WS/WP48 (>.250), Roddy 29.94 & >0.250. Last shot taker Terry: 12.83 PER, -0.554 WP48...
  • Roddy (56%) and West (50%) and Marion (45%) shooting better in the Clutch than Terry (44%), Dirk (37%), Kidd (14%). Time to shake it up?
Rankings & Stuff:
  • Here's the gameflow chart. Close game, many lead changes, but OKC prevails in the end.
  • #Mavs drop to 4th in defensive rankings (allow 99.07 PP100), 2nd in Opp. FG% (42.49%) and 9th in Opp. Points in the Paint.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #88
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderfan View Post
Never really even saw Dirk complaining that much. What's that tell me? Dirk will bitch at the refs if he feels he's really getting hammered. He didn't seem to object all that much.
Sure, he did. But if they ignore you and it does not change something and all the calls go the Thunder way, you just get frustrated and stop at some point.

Oh, and it would help if Terry does not play like ass on the road...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #89
thunderfan

I don't know, Dirk had a few ticky tack fouls on him that might could have gone in his favor, but he was falling away from the basket all night! You're not going to get all that many calls shooting nothing but fadeaways. I just can't recall him really putting the ball on the floor.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:00 AM   #90
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
On the Harden head jerk/flop - I will go with you on that one. I think Harden is better at not doing that honestly, but last year he did try to sell calls more than I like to see by "snapping" his head back.
Son, the OKC Thunder are the most protected team in the NBA. Just face it. The sad part is that as protected as they are, some team (Hopefully us) is still going to kick their asses in the Playoffs.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #91
4Dirk1Nowitzki

4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough

looking at the box score its a tough loss

we had more shot attempts and makes, held okc to under 40% shooting, shot 100% from the ft line, more assists, shot over 42% from 3 pt, and had less turnovers than okc.

we really lost this game at the line.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #92
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't know, Dirk had a few ticky tack fouls on him that might could have gone in his favor, but he was falling away from the basket all night! You're not going to get all that many calls shooting nothing but fadeaways. I just can't recall him really putting the ball on the floor.
Wait till playoff time! Patience

Old 03-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #93
thunderfan

Having a backcourt that's both aging and relatively unathletic (and I don't mean that in a derogatory way), I realize its a bit different for Mavs fans to see so many foul calls. LIke I said, Mavs backcourt players simply are not aggressive. They drive and shoot floaters or pass out to open perimeter shooters. There's a reason the Mavs are near the bottom in the NBA in FT attempts - because they aren't aggressive. OKC gets FOULED. That's a fact. Is every call spot on accurate? No, but OKC isn't getting to the line because of some big conspiracy or scheme or love from the refs. Anyone who claims such is completely ignorant and should be ashamed to claim to know much about basketball.

Last edited by thunderfan; 03-06-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #94
SMC0007
Guru

1) Marion wide open beyond the 3pt line for 20 seconds several times down the stretch on a drive and kick, only works if he shoots the ball. Jeez.

2) Jet had a rough go late last night. It'd be nice if he came up with one of those rebounds bouncing around him or came up with either of those two loose balls.

3) The end game plays that we run... that every team seems to know as well as our players do, HAS to change. They need to stop doing the same damn pNr with JET and Dirk everytime. Yeah, it has worked for a long time but several teams have keyed in on it and been very effective at stopping it. We have several other weapons but we still use the same sword.

Last edited by SMC0007; 03-06-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:13 AM   #95
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Afterward, Dallas coach Rick Carlisle protested the call that allowed Ibaka to attempt the go-ahead free throws after Ian Mahinmi swatted his shot away.

“I’m in disbelief that there was a foul called on Mahinmi. I just watched the play five times. It’s a block. That’s it. That’s an enormous play,” Carlisle said in opening his postgame comments.

“Then Nowitzki gets hit on the arm at the other end and there’s no call. I’m at a loss, so I apologize for that.”
Yep, I blew a gasket after the Mahinmi foul then had to turn the TV off after that no-call against Dirk. I honestly didn't care if the Mavs made the most amazing comeback in NBA history, I couldn't take anymore of the officiating - it was a frustrating mess to watch.

Crazy thing is, the Thunder just BARELY beat us. If the Mavs had gotten that much love from the refs, we would have won by 20+... I'm not the least bit afraid of these bitches come playoff time, even considering what a mess the Mavs are right now.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-06-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #96
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Having a backcourt that's both aging and relatively unathletic (and I don't mean that in a derogatory way), I realize its a bit different for Mavs fans to see so many foul calls. LIke I said, Mavs backcourt players simply are not aggressive. They drive and shoot floaters or pass out to open perimeter shooters. There's a reason the Mavs are near the bottom in the NBA in FT attempts - because they aren't aggressive. OKC gets FOULED. That's a fact. Is every call spot on accurate? No, but OKC isn't getting to the line because of some big conspiracy or scheme or love from the refs. Anyone who claims such is completely ignorant and should be ashamed to claim to know much about basketball.
Fuck your team.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #97
thunderfan

That's fairly rude of you. I'm not on here knocking the Mavs. I'm just talking basketball.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #98
Underdog

Quote:
That's fairly rude of you. I'm not on here knocking the Mavs. I'm just talking basketball.
Yep.... Fuck you, fuck your team and (why not) fuck Oklahoma.

Intelligent basketball conversation - enjoy!

Last edited by Underdog; 03-06-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:28 AM   #99
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Every word you say in defense just makes your position look even weaker.

Just so you know.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:28 AM   #100
thunderfan

I'm impressed. Anyways, I like to venture out some..chat with other teams fans. What was up with Carter's lack of minutes last night?
Old 03-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #101
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm impressed. Anyways, I like to venture out some..chat with other teams fans. What was up with Carter's lack of minutes last night?
I'm wondering the same thing. Only thing I can think of is that he must have somehow wound up in Carlisle's doghouse.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:53 AM   #102
Underdog

Quote:
What was up with Carter's lack of minutes last night?
He's 35 years old and we're playing 9 games in 12 days - do the math...

Last edited by Underdog; 03-06-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:56 AM   #103
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It appeared he was having some defensive issues to me as well. Perkins, ibaka, Durante, beard, Westbrook. He was getting out quicker and outmuscled it seemed to me.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:58 AM   #104
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

Trade sixthmans.
Don't blame Carlisle? Still bad rotation, only 10min for VC, and he still, still,..., still doesn't see Terry isn't 4qtrman this season.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:59 AM   #105
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the refs were typically bad and inconsistent.

However the way they allow defenders to hold, grab the dirkster is atrocious.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 03-06-2012, 12:00 PM   #106
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by deamon View Post
Trade sixthmans.
Don't blame Carlisle? Still bad rotation, only 10min for VC, and he still, still,..., still doesn't see Terry isn't 4qtrman this season.
Neither is Vince dude.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:01 PM   #107
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

Definitely VC would play better than Terry in crunchtime.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #108
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by deamon View Post
Definitely VC would play better than Terry in crunchtime.
Bulls***
Old 03-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #109
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Maybe this loss was a blessing in disguise...

Jet's and Dirk's role in crunch time should be more clear now for Rick Carlisle and Mr.Jet.

It also makes no sense to give the Ball to Dirk somewhere in the corner, where he can't really operate and guys like Westbrook can go for a steal.

Last edited by markus1234; 03-06-2012 at 12:31 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:30 PM   #110
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Yep, I blew a gasket after the Mahinmi foul then had to turn the TV off after that no-call against Dirk. I honestly didn't care if the Mavs made the most amazing comeback in NBA history, I couldn't take anymore of the officiating - it was a frustrating mess to watch.

Crazy thing is, the Thunder just BARELY beat us. If the Mavs had gotten that much love from the refs, we would have won by 20+... I'm not the least bit afraid of these bitches come playoff time, even considering what a mess the Mavs are right now.
On the dot. I was just preaching to my co-workers this very same thing. Even with all their bailout calls, they barely came close to beating us. They played Dirk hard the entire night and still almost lost. It's so amusing.

And I love jkidd's comment about how the mavs are not treated as champs because it's so true. We get no respect for winning the ship. We should've never won, but we did and it really put a wrench in all these hosts sucking off every young team whose owner is not Mark Cuban.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:30 PM   #111
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

I already did this in February after one of Carlisle's ejections: Mavs still one of most disrespected teams in league: http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2012/3/...ted-free-throw
Old 03-06-2012, 12:32 PM   #112
j0Shi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
1) Marion wide open beyond the 3pt line for 20 seconds several times down the stretch on a drive and kick, only works if he shoots the ball. Jeez.
I already mentioned that in of my pieces. That's a real concern. Last year we had Peja, this year we have Marion. He can shoot them, but will hesitate more often than not.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #113
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Having our first and second string center and shooting guard healthy might have also helped
Old 03-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #114
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
I already mentioned that in of my pieces. That's a real concern. Last year we had Peja, this year we have Marion. He can shoot them, but will hesitate more often than not.
Yea..Peja was an assassin. Putting shawnin the corner is well..iffy. And you are right, he's got to just shoot em.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:57 PM   #115
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Yea..Peja was an assassin. Putting shawnin the corner is well..iffy. And you are right, he's got to just shoot em.
Marion has to be in for defense, but if they have the opportunity to make a situation sub like last night, why not bring in L.O.?

Old 03-06-2012, 01:08 PM   #116
j0Shi
Diamond Member

The problem is, nobody really got his long shot going, only one is Carter at 41%.

Mavs shoot 31.80% with Marion at the 3, 34.51% with Odom, 37.30% with Carter.

Kidd/Terry/Marion at 1-3 results in 28.07%.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #117
thunderfan

Sorry guys, I don't get the whining. I believe the game should be called the same on both ends of the floor, but Dallas doesn't even play remotely the same offensive game that OKC does. How can you even make the comparison? You can't say well OKC is getting these calls and Dallas is not. Dallas doesn't even put themselves in the position to get the calls in the first place. If Dallas had the athletes to be able to attack the rim OKC does, they'd damn sure get the same calls. So what are we pissed at here? That OKC gets all the foul calls and Dallas doesn't, or that OKC has players on the floor that are capable of playing in a manner that draws fouls from the defense and Dallas does not? Why does Dallas attempt nearly the fewest FT attempts of any team in the NBA? Hatred from refs at every game?
Old 03-06-2012, 01:54 PM   #118
thunderfan

By the way, OKC commits more personal fouls per game than Dallas.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #119
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Sorry guys, I don't get the whining. I believe the game should be called the same on both ends of the floor, but Dallas doesn't even play remotely the same offensive game that OKC does. How can you even make the comparison? You can't say well OKC is getting these calls and Dallas is not. Dallas doesn't even put themselves in the position to get the calls in the first place. If Dallas had the athletes to be able to attack the rim OKC does, they'd damn sure get the same calls. So what are we pissed at here? That OKC gets all the foul calls and Dallas doesn't, or that OKC has players on the floor that are capable of playing in a manner that draws fouls from the defense and Dallas does not? Why does Dallas attempt nearly the fewest FT attempts of any team in the NBA? Hatred from refs at every game?
It's not specifically about driving to the hoop IMO. Yes, OKC has the guys to do it (like KD, RW or JH). I don't deny that. What angered me most yesterday was the fact that both Ibaka and Collison were allowed to bearhug especially Dirk with no call. Shoving, pushing, grabbing the shirt, holding the arm etc... no whistle. Dirk had 3 FT's in total and one was a technical. Sorry, but given the "defense" he faced the entire game that's a complete joke.
Secondly, all of those ticky-tacky calls which could have gone either way were given to OKC but not to Dallas. You can't justify a 23 FT advantage in your favor only by arguing "our guys were attacking the rim".
Thirdly, there were a couple of goaltends not whistled against OKC and some clear plays (e.g. that block by Mahinmi) were called as a foul against Dallas.

To put it short, yesterday the Mavs didn't get any respect by the refs and so far I have very rarely seen such an atrocius performance by the refs.

That's basically why I'm still piss*d about the game. Sure, you have a good team and it's gonna be tough to beat you come playoff time. But to lose the way like yesterday left a bad feeling inside of me.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 03-06-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #120
j0Shi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Dallas doesn't even put themselves in the position to get the calls in the first place. If Dallas had the athletes to be able to attack the rim OKC does, they'd damn sure get the same calls. So what are we pissed at here? That OKC gets all the foul calls and Dallas doesn't, or that OKC has players on the floor that are capable of playing in a manner that draws fouls from the defense and Dallas does not?
Can only shake my head about people saying Mavs don't earn their calls, especially in comparison with the Thunder. Both team attempt the same amount of shot attempts in the paint (DAL: 38.49 - OKC: 38.27) and at the rim (DAL: 18.20 - OKC: 18.29), yet the Thunder get 1.99 more calls P100 and 7.08 more FTAs.

Quote:
By the way, OKC commits more personal fouls per game than Dallas.
Dallas commits 21.15 fouls P100, OKC 21.55. Not really a difference...

Last edited by j0Shi; 03-06-2012 at 02:29 PM.