keep dirk, blow up the core, pursue a big-name FA 37 37.00%
keep dirk, blow up the core, pursue a mid-range FA 1 1.00%
blow up everything, pursue a big-name FA 3 3.00%
blow up everything, rebuild 9 9.00%
keep dirk, keep the core, replace/resign Damp 3 3.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2010, 01:20 AM   #161
KINGBEEF

KINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the rough

here's a shorter version, pretty much the same thing

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...coaching-again
Old 05-11-2010, 10:55 AM   #162
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBEEF View Post
here's a shorter version, pretty much the same thing

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...coaching-again

Pat Riley is a Son of a B*tch! "Oh, maybe I'll come back now that we could possibly have a decent team and I can't fail as easily." I hate that we let him off the hook. Well the refs had a nice part in that but still. He needs to F off over there and stop butting in when he thinks he can add to his win total. You can't just hop on the gravy train you C S'er.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:51 PM   #163
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

I wonder if due to Atlanta's abysmal playoff performance, if we can get Joe Johnson for maybe just Dampier in a S&T from Atlanta. The market for him is still going to be great, but all of a sudden he does not look like he is going to command a maximum contract ( though teams will overpay for him anyway).

I guess I bring this hope up because, what if there is a chance we can get Joe Johnson ... AND another top player using Caron butler's contract! Like, if Philly is ready to blow it up, a really good trade for them to look at is Iguodala for Butler straight up. Cuban can give them cash considerations as well. I think if Philly wants to move Iguodala, Butler alone is the best combination of expiring money and talent, and they can just slate him right into the spot Iguodala had.

We are picking up Barea's option (didn't know he had this before, though he'd be a free agent for sure), so hopefully we can use him in a trade as well since he is expiring.

I don't know what other assets we have besides Roddy (who we don't want to give away) ... so I would be willing to give some draft picks.

We can always of course take back salary (which I am sure Cuban will really want to do ...).

Are there also sign and trade possibilities using the MLE? Like, can't we sign and trade a player a team like Atlanta would want using our MLE, and trade that player and Damp for Johnson + something Atlanta wants to get rid of, and then Atlanta still has their own exception to sign another decent caliber player. Atlanta trades dead weight for talent without adding to their payroll, and then can still get another good free agent if they would like. Also considering they may be able to get Josh Childress back from Europe (and now low-ball him), Atlanta could be in pretty good shape if they deal with us.

Kidd/Roddy
JJ/Roddy/Terry
Iggy/Marion
Dirk/Marion/?
Haywood/?
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:55 PM   #164
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

After the Joe Johnson debacle in the Orlando series, does anyone else think that maybe he won't be getting a max deal?

Also, how much is the LLE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!

Last edited by Nowitzki4President; 05-11-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:58 PM   #165
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

So many teams have been clearing money for this summer that it's hard for me to imagine that JJ wouldn't get a ton of money thrown at him even after his disappointing playoff run. If you're looking for precedent look no further than Nash, who was offered a big contract by Phoenix at the age of 30 after an anemic playoff run in which he shot a paltry 38.6% from the field and saw his team get booted in the first round.

It does seem almost inevitable that JJ's tenure in Atl is all but done, though. The not entirely unrealistic hope from the Mavs' perspective would have to be that the enmity between Joe and the fan base robs the Hawks of whatever negotiating power they might have otherwise had, clearing a path for Dallas to work a sign and trade that doesn't cost them Booby or Caron.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:07 PM   #166
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I think JJ and Roddy would pair well as our the future backcourt once Kidd declines/retires.

...but man, JJ vanished against Orlando.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:08 PM   #167
CrazyBoy

CrazyBoy will become famous soon enough

JJ is nearly 30... there no "future" for him... except 2 years maybe and thats the amount of years we got kidd left
CrazyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:16 PM   #168
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

JJ won't be 30 until after the end of the 2011 season, he's got good size, and his game is predicated on skill rather than athleticism. He's got plenty of prime left in him.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 05-11-2010 at 07:16 PM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:39 PM   #169
Dan1

Dan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to all

JJ is overrated.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:42 PM   #170
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1 View Post
JJ is overrated.
agreed..when your home crowd is booing you bc of the fact that he didnt step up in the orlando series..i dont want this guy.id rather have roddy start at the 2 and get a center in here for the damp chip.
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:47 PM   #171
Dan1

Dan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to all

He is a good player ofc and i would like to have him if we cant get wade or lebron. But its not like he is the solution for this team...

And Iguodala is a terrible fit.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:05 PM   #172
KINGBEEF

KINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the rough

I know he's a jump shooter, but is it wrong to want Kyle Korver here in Dallas?
Old 05-15-2010, 12:30 AM   #173
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBEEF View Post
I know he's a jump shooter, but is it wrong to want Kyle Korver here in Dallas?
not if we can dump Jet. he set a recordfor 3 pt. pct. this year, right?
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 02:04 AM   #174
Spurred1

Spurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to all

Korver is an upgrade over Terry. Not a fan of his defense, but it isn't worse than Terry's, so there's no negative to that change.
Spurred1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:36 PM   #175
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Mike Miller is a player I want on the Mavs for a LONG time and I hope the Mavs get him to replace Terry, Korver wouldn't be bad either.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:57 PM   #176
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Purely offensively, JET is better than both Miller and Korver. But I like both of those players over JET, because I expect to get another player this summer, and the shots are going to be awfully hard to spread around to everyone. Miller (this year, at least) and Korver don't take as many shots, but the hit them with crazy consistency. Korver's purely a shooter, but his shot may be the "purest" in the NBA. Did anyone see Game 3 against the Lakers? That was unbelievable.

Miller is a shooter, but much more diverse than Korver. He can drive and hit contested pull ups and other stuff whereas Korver would rather catch and shoot. Miller is also a good passer, which would be nice to have, and though I haven't looked, I think he's a solid rebounder.

JJ Redick is another option similar to these guys. The key to all of them, and what I'm really wanting, is a very high percentage three point shooter. They don't have to hit 150, but hit 80-100 at 42%+ and that's doing their job well.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:59 PM   #177
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

One thing about Miller: I don't think he's a free agent, or at least not an MLE free agent. I don't want to waste trade chips to get him, either. He's not that good of an addition. Korver and Redick should both be MLE obtainable, I believe. So I'd lean towards them.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:22 AM   #178
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
One thing about Miller: I don't think he's a free agent, or at least not an MLE free agent. I don't want to waste trade chips to get him, either. He's not that good of an addition. Korver and Redick should both be MLE obtainable, I believe. So I'd lean towards them.
Miller is a free agent. he's also comfortable coming off the bench, which is a plus
Old 05-17-2010, 01:27 AM   #179
mac222b
Diamond Member

and he has a son named Mavrick we're in
Old 05-17-2010, 01:09 PM   #180
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

I don't know if I would go after a SG while we still needed a post. Players can run into cold streaks at any time and even a great 2 would be vunerable to that. A post is harder to come by. If we use the damp chip for a two than we would be stuck with only Haywood depending upon his being resigned. I would not count of Damp even if he were to be released by the team he went to and resigned for the mil. He is getting older and has had leg injuries this year. Look at his legs they are far too thin for the rest of his body. He carries all his weight on his upper body. He just never played that many min and when he did play gave minimal effort thats why he was injury free until this year. We need another post besides Haywood to get real team balence.

If we had decent posts on the floor we could make due with a lesser two. Except if we had the opportunity to get a two like Wade who could also take it too the hole. Then we could make due with a lesser post on the floor for half the time.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
<clutch tagging>, <tea bagging>, clutchxpert#41