Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-07-2006, 10:41 AM   #81
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithXx
**** this ****
I like this Wraith. I like this a lot.

**** this ****

that's exactly how I feel.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:10 AM   #82
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Stackhouse is the least valuable player in the nba.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 11:22 AM   #83
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Stackhouse is the least valuable player in the nba.
If an LVP is somehow less than an empty roster spot... yes, he's certainly that!
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 11:38 AM   #84
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
I don't hate Stack but even I have to admit that his legs are so gone i'm not certain he can still dunk.
He WAS dunking in warmups...But he's just not nearly as aggressive to the hoop as even a year ago. Not a good sign, I think he's done and that means we really don't have much of a sixth man AT ALL.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 11:44 AM   #85
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

^^^ Buckner, AJ, Ager, AC, and lets not forget DG! Mostly, I think the Mavs will be more helped by NOT playing Stack than they will be helped BY playing him...his plusses don't out weigh his negatives at this point in his career

I don't hate the guy either, dirno...just his game.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 11-07-2006 at 11:45 AM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:05 PM   #86
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Did anybody else laugh when they announce the "take Stackhouse to school" program?
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:16 PM   #87
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I cried uncontrollably

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 11-07-2006, 12:25 PM   #88
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Stackhouse=this years Doug Christie. I don't expect much from Stackhouse at all due to nagging injuries. Bonzi Wells sure doesn't sound too bad right now.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:38 PM   #89
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
He WAS dunking in warmups...But he's just not nearly as aggressive to the hoop as even a year ago. Not a good sign, I think he's done and that means we really don't have much of a sixth man AT ALL.
I see him trying to be aggressive but he's not getting any elevation so the refs won't give him a call.

He's never been a high percentage shooter but his ability to get to the line at a high rate kind of offset his shooting. If he can't get to the line anymore he's just a low percentage streak shooter.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:39 PM   #90
sike
The Preacha

look out that window.

Old 11-07-2006, 12:45 PM   #91
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i am loving all this stackhouse hate. you know stack makes a good play every now and then..and you think 'awesome if he can just keep this up', but then like the usual stack that we all know and hate..he makes 10 more mistakes that a rookie would not even make.....he sucks....keep him on the bench..where he belongs!!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 03:02 PM   #92
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I'm gonna just reiterate my dislike for Stack. What I don't get is why he seems to be liked and respected around Dallas. He always gets cheers and for what? When that guy gets the ball he is playing his own game like he is in a different universe.

Avery Johnson....bench this man until he understands that a has-been that can barely make a roster NEEDS TO PASS TO ZE GERMAN!

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 03:11 PM   #93
sike
The Preacha

was watching last nights game again...man the guy missed so many open shots its sick. Even a point blank lay up.

Old 11-07-2006, 03:29 PM   #94
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
was watching last nights game again...man the guy missed so many open shots its sick. Even a point blank lay up.
don't put yourself through that....dont watch it again

Stack is stack. his talents are diminishing. But he's not THE reason they're 0-3. He's not the reason they lost 4 straight in the NBA finals.

least he isn't the only reason.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:49 PM   #95
sike
The Preacha

Wink

Thanks flaco, that's news to me.

Old 11-07-2006, 03:57 PM   #96
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Holy shit. I'd like to trade my "Stachouse Hate Card" for a "Get Anthony Johnson off this fucking team card!"
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 04:05 PM   #97
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

So chum i must ask, why is it so horrible of everyone to hate stack but your hatred and venom towards cuban and AJ is ok?
Old 11-07-2006, 04:28 PM   #98
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Well if it were me, I'd waive him and start grooming Ager. Nothing seems risky at this point.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 04:41 PM   #99
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by craggmac
Holy shit. I'd like to trade my "Stachouse Hate Card" for a "Get Anthony Johnson off this fucking team card!"
nah...he'll be a decent back up to DH. He can hit the open spot up three.

Old 11-07-2006, 05:03 PM   #100
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
So chum i must ask, why is it so horrible of everyone to hate stack but your hatred and venom towards cuban and AJ is ok?
Because Stack is a player man, and I've never held his effort in question.

More than just effort is demanded of coaches and general managers.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 05:06 PM   #101
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Because Stack is a player man, and I've never held his effort in question.

More than just effort is demanded of coaches and general managers.
See here is the fundamental difference i guess, Cuban and Avery as a whole have helped the franchise. Stackhouse has hurt it. Thus if im going to direct hate toward someone its gonna be that POS. Also I DO question his effort. He completely ignores the defensive end. Their is a reason he is the worst defender on this team.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:25 PM   #102
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Sike, do you know why Stackhouse misses so many open shots? Because he can't shoot worth a damn.

I don't know of many people that are placing the blame for the slow start on Stackhouse. Quite the opposite. Most of us realize that the whole team has looked pretty mediocre to bad at this point. However, Stackhouse has a special place in our hatred filled hearts because he consistently makes the same idiotic decisions time after time. AJ continues to make the same idiotic decision time and time again by giving this guy too much PT. Stack was only decent the first half of the season last year. But, he was miserable the second half. Why this guy still figures prominently into the Mavs rotation is beyond me. They need a serious upgrade with that roster spot.

Does AJ and Cuban share in the blame? Yes, of course they do. I've been telling you that the guy is a worthless piece of crap for years now. I'm glad that others are catching on.

For those of you that don't question his effort, answer me this: Do you believe that Stack's making an honest effort to make intelligent decisions on the court? I don't. Unfortunately for him, effort isn't just a physical thing... it's mental as well.

Last edited by Murphy3; 11-07-2006 at 06:26 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 06:47 PM   #103
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Sike, do you know why Stackhouse misses so many open shots? Because he can't shoot worth a damn.
I just checked NBA.com and under stack's career fg%.... instead of a number...they simply said "he can't shoot worth a damn."

I always love a visit from captain obvious

Old 11-07-2006, 07:50 PM   #104
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
They need a serious upgrade with that roster spot.

Does AJ and Cuban share in the blame? Yes, of course they do. I've been telling you that the guy is a worthless piece of crap for years now. I'm glad that others are catching on.

For those of you that don't question his effort, answer me this: Do you believe that Stack's making an honest effort to make intelligent decisions on the court? I don't. Unfortunately for him, effort isn't just a physical thing... it's mental as well.
Have to agree...if he's not going to draw fouls by getting to the hoop his value is half at best.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 11-07-2006, 07:58 PM   #105
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uZtyieqlgY
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:53 PM   #106
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quick hypothetical:

The Mavs need a sixth man. The only two choices are Jerry Stackhouse and Antoine Walker.

Contracts aside, who do you take?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:57 PM   #107
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Quick hypothetical:

The Mavs need a sixth man. The only two choices are Jerry Stackhouse and Antoine Walker.

I'll go with the taller *&%*^ .... at least he can rebound!
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:33 PM   #108
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Quick hypothetical:

Play the starters all 48
Old 11-07-2006, 10:36 PM   #109
dude1394
Guru

Stack... I can't stand a 60% ft shooter.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:48 PM   #110
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Quick hypothetical:

Stack. hands down.

No shimmy please.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:52 PM   #111
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

probably Walker... At the end of his season here, he at least began to understand that he wasn't to look shoot first.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:53 PM   #112
sike
The Preacha

ager.

Old 11-07-2006, 11:10 PM   #113
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

the dem's got the house
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 11:34 PM   #114
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
the dem's got the house
Good point Nemesis...

Stack = Dems

Sorry can't help it. Introducing the new speaker of the house and two heartbeats from the presidency. Eeekkk.

Last edited by dude1394; 11-07-2006 at 11:36 PM.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:52 PM   #115
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Um...we took a left turn folks...(get it? left? heh?)

Back to the topic:

Stackhouse blows.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 11-07-2006 at 11:52 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:05 AM   #116
dude1394
Guru

I'm curious about the removal of my Pelosi photo by some intrepid mod. Not pissed just curious.

Is there a no-photo-unless-hosted-policy?

Last edited by dude1394; 11-08-2006 at 12:39 AM.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:23 AM   #117
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

I love you stack, the man of guts and determination.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:52 AM   #118
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Stack is the worst thing to happen to this team since cocaine
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:46 PM   #119
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

5 points for Stack very early....

I think he read this thread
Old 11-09-2006, 12:17 AM   #120
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

i think one of the reasons we signed stackhouse was for his "clutch" shots he hit.

yet i only see him dribble the ball off his foot, throw balls out of bounds or miss catches during these times. or dribble to take a hard 3pter when a 2pter would have sufficed

Tags
<clutch tagging>