Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 10-28-2009, 10:34 AM   #1
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold
Default General NBA watching thread. 2009 - 2010 edition.

Since no one posted one I thought I´d do it. Just to see my creation on the "Around the NBA" frontpage whole season long. I love to be in the spotlight ;-)
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2009, 10:40 AM   #2
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

And here´s a brave prediction to get things rolling: The Lakers and the Celtics will be good.

;-)
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:31 PM   #3
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Here is my prediction.

The Rockets will make the Playoffs.

Rasheed will help the Celtics more than advertise.

Randy Foye & Mike Miller will make Grundfield Executive of the Year.

Oden will make the 1st Team on Defense.

Before I forget, Eric Gordon will be on the top 3 for Most Improve Player.

Last edited by pepe; 10-28-2009 at 02:33 PM.
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:45 PM   #4
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Cavs down 18 at half to Toronto Bargnani with 21
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:59 PM   #5
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Orlando is going to be a serious contender this year. They're simply stacked on paper and they're laying it down on the court. Makes me sick.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:07 PM   #6
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Blair is the biggest steal I have seen in a while. A second round draft pick contributing in the very first game. Has that ever even happened?
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:53 PM   #7
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Stephen Curry??? asdfghjkl!! I'm a fan, hate to say this but i'm a fan of a golden state player

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:58 PM   #8
TVI

TVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
Blair is the biggest steal I have seen in a while. A second round draft pick contributing in the very first game. Has that ever even happened?
Nice NBA debut game for the rook...a little foul prone, but he should learn to avoid that in the future.

D. Blair
22:33 7-10 0-0 0-1 +11 5 11 3 2 0 0 0 4 14

Spurs' bench was scary good...very deep...
Old 10-28-2009, 10:01 PM   #9
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Nenad Kristi and Marc Gasol with great performances.

Gallinari and WChandler are the real deal.

Brooks Lopez on his way to be one of the top 3 Centers in the NBA.

Jeff Green with a pretty line 24PT 8RB 2 AS 3 ST IBS

Omar Casspi might be the best rookie for the Kings.

And I agree, DBlair could be the steal of the draft.

BTW the Magic shoot 55% from 3 on......29 shots

Last edited by pepe; 10-28-2009 at 10:08 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:20 PM   #10
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Brook Lopez =
Old 10-28-2009, 10:29 PM   #11
pepe

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsavant View Post
Stephen Curry??? asdfghjkl!! I'm a fan, hate to say this but i'm a fan of a golden state player
But the real question is, what happen to Antony "Magic" Randolph?...Is he hurt?
Old 10-28-2009, 10:43 PM   #12
pepe

"Magic Randolph" just enter the game with 3:00 to go in the 2nd Quarter...What the heck....This guy is supposed to be the second coming...Strange, very strange.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:35 PM   #13
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I really wish I didn't pass up on Brook Lopez in fantasy.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:55 PM   #14
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
Brook Lopez =
he is a beast
Old 10-28-2009, 11:58 PM   #15
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

after one game... Portland, LA, Denver and SA all look way better than we do.

after one game
Old 10-29-2009, 12:00 AM   #16
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Lawson having a great game. And we don't even play Roddy.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:03 PM   #17
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
after one game... Portland, LA, Denver and SA all look way better than we do.

after one game
Yep. Not to mention some eastern teams. It's a long season and I know a lot can happen but my guess is that we're going to need some kind of trade to have any chance at competing for a championship.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 10-29-2009, 08:15 PM   #18
badfish22
Golden Member

Everytime I watch Rose play, I like him just a little bit more. The man is a baller
Old 10-29-2009, 09:14 PM   #19
mavs777
Diamond Member

SA down 10
Old 10-29-2009, 09:54 PM   #20
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Man, I love to watch that Bulls team play. Henrich, Thomas, Miller, Noah are great. And I'll tell you what, Henrich is one of the most underrated players in basketball. He absolutely shut down Manu, Parker and Mason. I don't think Manu scored once when Henrich was on him. Last year in the playoffs he locked down Pierce, couple years ago he shut down the infamous Wade. Some people might call it crazy, but I'd take Henrich over any guard we have on our roster. He's one of the best defenders in the NBA, he's a great shooter, high bball IQ, and a very good passer (better than the stats would indicate). Plus he can legitimately play the 1 and 2 on O and D without being a negative at either.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:13 AM   #21
fluid.forty.one

Melo looks like a different animal during these first couple games... like, scary good.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:42 AM   #22
fluid.forty.one

greg oden!
Old 10-30-2009, 12:46 AM   #23
badfish22
Golden Member

lol I felt bad for him there. I had a feeling he was gonna miss those.

Carmelo looks very scary
Old 10-30-2009, 12:55 AM   #24
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Melo looks like a different animal during these first couple games... like, scary good.
Looks like he's as light as he's been since college...he's blowing by people instead of banging on them.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:25 AM   #25
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Man, I love to watch that Bulls team play. Henrich, Thomas, Miller, Noah are great. And I'll tell you what, Henrich is one of the most underrated players in basketball. He absolutely shut down Manu, Parker and Mason. I don't think Manu scored once when Henrich was on him. Last year in the playoffs he locked down Pierce, couple years ago he shut down the infamous Wade. Some people might call it crazy, but I'd take Henrich over any guard we have on our roster. He's one of the best defenders in the NBA, he's a great shooter, high bball IQ, and a very good passer (better than the stats would indicate). Plus he can legitimately play the 1 and 2 on O and D without being a negative at either.
crazy....

lol, no i understand your point. its not that he's overly talented on D. he's just pesky and in your face. he's irritating and superstars hate that

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:41 AM   #26
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsavant View Post
crazy....

lol, no i understand your point. its not that he's overly talented on D. he's just pesky and in your face. he's irritating and superstars hate that
So does David Stern.

Old 10-30-2009, 04:28 PM   #27
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

New logos from ESPN. Awesome.

[/QUOTE]
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:35 PM   #28
badfish22
Golden Member

Warriors is the best one.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:05 PM   #29
mavs777
Diamond Member

Josh Smith is a totally different player so far, no dumb shots so far this year
Old 10-31-2009, 02:07 AM   #30
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

ATL is looked a bit dangerous in tonight's game. Crawford has added a new jolt to their offense.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:25 PM   #31
CadBane
Banned

Man. Blatche is 15-18 tonight with 30 points.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:20 PM   #32
CadBane
Banned

Gallinari is stroking it.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:08 PM   #33
fluid.forty.one

Houston better not let Portland steal this one....
Old 10-31-2009, 10:51 PM   #34
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Ariza is making LA look pretty silly.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:27 PM   #35
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

Jeeze, sixers jacked up 141 points tonight.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:28 AM   #36
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Magette has 42 points.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:07 AM   #37
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
Ariza is making LA look pretty silly.
damn right he is. and i'm loving it.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:51 AM   #38
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all
Default The Next Dirk: Danilo Gallinari

The Knicks are 0-3, but they are a couple of bounces from being 2-1 -

and,

Danilo Gallinari is no joke. This kid is going to be awesome. He has the potential to be a superstar power forward like Dirk.

Possibly better.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:11 AM   #39
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Until now he is a chucker with no defense and plays in a LOL´Antoni System. Let the hype begin.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:57 AM   #40
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Those logos are hysterical.

I don't quite get the T-wolves, Bobcats and Pacers.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 11-01-2009 at 10:59 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
<clutch tagging>, bagdoucheclutchfest, cadbane=exaggerator, crawford bros finals mvp, gay tags, i'm the clutchest, mavsbansuxcadbane, tag clustershag, ur the clutchest d-bag, you´re a clutchebag