Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 01-22-2009, 10:59 AM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default One slip...but this is understandable

http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=86729

Another mistake from Obama, this time during his swearing in. However, I will cut him some slack as the guy giving the oath is the one who messed it up to begin with.

However this article goes a bit further and brings back up an old issue, and what I didn't realize was how secretive the Obama camp has been and continues to be on this issue.

Regarding the topic in the article, if Obama has NOTHING to hide, then why is he hiding it? If he wants to lead, then clear the air, allow access to the records asked and be done with it...unless he's hiding something that would make him ineligible to be President.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2009, 11:27 AM   #2
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

you can't see the forest for the trees. or maybe you just can't see....

justice roberts screwed up the oath, and obama repeated exactly what roberts put forth. it was incorrectly said by roberts, and then repeated incorrectly by obama.

the obama staff told the public of roberts and obama meeting wednesday to correctly do the oath.

how that can be characterized as "secretive", only you can answer....the rest of us know that there has been full disclosure. fyi "full disclosure" is the opposite of "secretive".

if anybody looks bad in this regard it is chief justice roberts. and of course those who want to make it an obama issue.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:24 PM   #3
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
you can't see the forest for the trees. or maybe you just can't see....

justice roberts screwed up the oath, and obama repeated exactly what roberts put forth. it was incorrectly said by roberts, and then repeated incorrectly by obama.

the obama staff told the public of roberts and obama meeting wednesday to correctly do the oath.

how that can be characterized as "secretive", only you can answer....the rest of us know that there has been full disclosure. fyi "full disclosure" is the opposite of "secretive".

if anybody looks bad in this regard it is chief justice roberts. and of course those who want to make it an obama issue.
Obviously you didn't read through my entire post...not surprising.

Notice that I stated that I would cut him some slack as the guy giving the oath is who screwed it up in the first place.

So the "Secretive" part of the article has NOTHING to do with the oath.

As it is, the article brings up an "Old Issue"...yes I actually pointed that out as well...the issue is his Birth Certificate. Read through the article and you'll find that Obama continues to be secretive on this issue, refusing to release records about his life that may or may NOT contain proof of his birth location.

Again, I'll trust that he was born in Hawaii as he states...if he has nothing to hide, why is he NOT willing to release the records listed in the article?

He creates this perception that he's hiding something...which regardless Democrat or Republican...what is there to hide? If nothing, then show the records and be done with it...however if there is something to hide, what is it and why? What are the possible consequences of releasing those records?

What is so complicated about showing those records?

Why does Obama have to be so secretive about his birth? It makes no sense and I don't understand why, Obama supporters are not interested in the truth behind the secrets so that we can put this issue to rest?
Old 01-22-2009, 12:43 PM   #4
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

no, I did read thru your entire post, which linked to an article discussingt he swearing in, and then delved into the tin foil hat bruhaha of obama not being a legal american born citizen of the usa.

like I said earlier, there is nothing "secretive" about any of this. the wh was open about the readministering of the oath. the state of hawaii has released a certified copy of obama's birth certificate.

that, just like the oath, is a non-issue.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:54 PM   #5
92bDad
Platinum Member

Here's the part of the article that I find rather interesting:
__________________________________________________ ___________________

Retaking the oath, however, will not answer the multiple questions about Obama's eligibility that have been raised in a long list of lawsuits filed over his election in November.

The lawsuits allege in various ways Obama does not meet the "natural born citizen" clause of the U.S. Constitution, Article 2, Section 1, which reads, "No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President."

Some allege his birth took place in Kenya, and his mother was a minor at the time of his birth – too young to confer American citizenship. They argue Obama's father, Barack Obama Sr., was a Kenyan citizen subject to the jurisdiction of the United Kingdom at the time and would have handed down British citizenship.

There also are questions raised about Obama's move to Indonesia when he was a child and his attendance at school there when only Indonesian citizens were allowed and his travel to Pakistan in the '80s when such travel was forbidden to American citizens.

One California lawsuit, on which the United States Justice Foundation is working, was filed on behalf of presidential candidate Alan Keyes and others, and describes the potential damage an ineligible president could create.

"Should Senator Obama be discovered, after he takes office, to be ineligible for the Office of President of the United States of America and, thereby, his election declared void," argues a case brought on behalf of Keyes, "Americans will suffer irreparable harm in that (a) usurper will be sitting as the President of the United States, and none of the treaties, laws, or executive orders signed by him will be valid or legal."

A number of the arguments have reached the U.S. Supreme Court, which so far has declined to give any of the cases a hearing.

However, another conference before the justices is scheduled on the dispute Friday. The case is brought by Orly Taitz, a California lawyer.

Taitz said her arguments rest on precedents from both the California Supreme Court, which years ago removed a candidate for president from the ballot because he was only 34, and the U.S. Supreme Court's affirmation of the ruling. The Constitution requires a president to be 35.

She also raised the issue of the concealment of Obama's records.

"Obama has refused to submit certified copies of any of his original long form 'vault' birth certificates in Hawaii to any public officer or to any Petitioner. Relevant records in Kenya have also been officially restricted," she said. "Obama has sealed all educational records which might reveal his stated citizenship. These include Punahou High School, Occidental College, Columbia University, and Harvard Law School."

Obama has claimed in his autobiography and elsewhere that he was born in Hawaii in 1961 to parents Barack Hussein Obama Sr., a Kenyan national, and Stanley Ann Dunham, a minor. But details about which hospital handled the birth and other details provided on the complete birth certificate have been withheld by Obama despite lawsuits and public demands for release.

WND senior reporter Jerome Corsi went to both Kenya and Hawaii prior to the election to investigate issues surrounding Obama's birth. But his research and discoveries only raised more questions.

The biggest question was why, if a Hawaii birth certificate exists as his campaign has stated, Obama hasn't simply ordered it made available to settle the rumors.

The governor's office in Hawaii said there is a valid certificate but rejected requests for access and left ambiguous its origin: Does the certificate on file with the Department of Health indicate a Hawaii birth or was it generated after the Obama family registered a Kenyan birth in Hawaii?

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Are you not the least bit interested in these documents that Obama refuses to provide? Why not show them and remove all doubt?
Old 01-22-2009, 01:03 PM   #6
Mavdog
Diamond Member

yawn.

the scotus decided it has no merit, the state of hawaii says it has no merit.

but keep on your tin foil hat......it's "interesting" to wear, right?
Old 01-22-2009, 01:49 PM   #7
92bDad
Platinum Member

So you have no problem with people with-holding information?
Old 01-22-2009, 02:24 PM   #8
Mavdog
Diamond Member

the relevant information has been given. some people just refuse to acknowledge it.

as for obama's records while he was in school, it's not necessary. those who seek minutia such as this will never be satisfied, and will jsut want more.

it's a non-issue. as the kind officer says "move along people, nothing to see here..."
Old 01-22-2009, 02:36 PM   #9
92bDad
Platinum Member

If there is nothing to see, then show it...of course, unless there actually is something to see.

This is not that difficult, yet it is Obama's choice to HIDE whatever it is he is hiding. What is he and his supporters afraid of?

I personaly would like to tell everyone to move on, but Obama has created this shroud of secrecy and doubt that makes it impossible to ignore.

Be the President, Lead the People and TELL THE TRUTH...until then, he is adding fuel to the fire. He has the power to clear this up, again, I humbly ask...what is he afraid of?
Old 01-22-2009, 02:41 PM   #10
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

You know what, your partisan hackery is showing. Just admit it, you wouldn't be bitching like this is Obama had an "R" next to his name instead of a "D". One day in office and you're already bitching about it...rather than pointing that finger at the past 8 years, which is what REALLY got us in trouble, not the past 24 hours.

EACH TIME that Bush got elected, I vowed to not pass judgment or do stupid armchair politics beforehand. As it turns out, I didn't have to wait long, because Bush was a constant screw-up. If Obama is, as well, you may then whine like you are now. (However, if Obama pisses off old, white conservatives, I hardly call that a failure. Bush let down the entire world...it would take more than some tax raises for me to consider him anywhere near the screw-up that Bush was.) And I'm hardly going to fault him for not being able to instantly fix these problems.

Bush supporters said "Give him time, give him time"...even after the first term. They said, "He can't fix it overnight" and "Don't judge his term before he's done anything". And each time, I vowed to wait until he had actually DONE SOMETHING before I crticized him.

Can you now do the exact same thing? It's been one day. And, quite frankly, the sore loser whining from you is already tiresome. You lost. Overwhelmingly. Accept it, just as you expected people on The Left to accept 2000 and 2004. And try to act as bold as you did in 2004. Remember how smug you guys were then? Yeah. You boasted and said, "You'll see...give him time.." and told The Left to "Get over it, already". Funny how that doesn't apply to you.

And if you voted for Bush and voted Republican in the last election, you have absolutely no right to even pretend to bitch about where our country is failing. Your beloved party spent like teen aged girls at the mall. You supported it. You voted for it. You are just as responsible, and deserve exactly what you've gotten. To allow one party to screw up royally with no criticism while faulting the other party for not fixing it right away is absurd.

Not two days ago you were posting on here it is a time to celebrate and support the new president, what happened in one day that you lost all sight of reason. Did Rush and O'Riely anger your blood up? Did Obama come to your house and piss on your pancakes? (with out showing you five forms of I.D.)

You get off on this partisan-hack politic b.s. and expect everyone on here to just play along. This election has shown me one thing, some people still have a looooooong way to go before they catch up with the rest of us.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:15 PM   #11
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

If that was really an issue it wouldn't have gotten to this point. hes elected. Move along.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:20 PM   #12
92bDad
Platinum Member

2 days ago I posted that it was time to celebrate the peaceful transitioin of power. Never once did I share any support for who has taken over that power.

That was the day to leave things be...but now the change has taken place and thus for all the anti-Bush sentiment that was relentless day after day for the past 8 years, payback is a b*tch.

The one thing that I want my President to do is to be a great leader in terms of National Defense. And nobody can argue against the greatness of the job that President Bush did for 8 years.

After taking over a National Defense that had been torn down and seriously handicapped at the hands of the Clinton administration, President Bush raised up the military and the intelligence capabilities to keep America Safe.

Now with the Clinton cronies going back into leadership, the stage is set to tear our National Defense apart once again...only to leave us vulnerable to some other catastrophe.

As for the economy, Bush, Clinton and others before him failed our nation by giving into the left and not only giving in, but actually riding the false hope that created the bubble. They all overspent at the government levels, but also encouraged private individuals to live on debt, which finally exploded causing not only the American Economy to collapse but the economy of the world to collapse.

Granted, for years the Democrats are who lead and ran these policies through, from Jimmy Carter and his Congress...to Clinton and His Congress we saw the financial market look like Gold, only it was fools gold.

We also saw the terrorist activities of ACORN and how they ensured that people who didn't qualify financially were given loans they couldn't afford...Keep in mind this was done under Democratic leadership...

The failing of the Republicans is not stopping the bubble sooner...and even exploiting the bubble. President Bush using the success of so many new homeowners is the one item that I truly hold against him. He used that to gain votes in 2004...in retrospect, it may have been needed to keep our National Security and to win the War in Iraq.

Somehow, we have to hope and yes, for those that do...we have to PRAY for our leaders and government...that they and we can have success with the policies that put forth. That they will minimize the mistakes they make and that they will learn from past mistakes...such as those that were pushed by groups such as ACORN.

Stop giving handouts
Start being accountable
Start living within our means

Don't discriminate against any race or gender...that includes discriminating against White Males.

I don't trust Obama, because I don't trust Democrats. I will stay diligent in being informed about the day to day activities of our government and I will promote Change in 2010 to show my support for Obama and his mantra of Change.

Hey if it's good enough for Obama to replace Bush, then it's good enough to replace a Congress with an even LOWER approval rating. Change we can believe in 2010, time to get the Democrats out of Congress!!!
Old 01-22-2009, 07:30 PM   #13
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
The one thing that I want my President to do is to be a great leader in terms of National Defense. And nobody can argue against the greatness of the job that President Bush did for 8 years.
I'll argue that. The usa is no safer today than it was when he assumed office, and in fact may be more at risk today than when he assumed office.

and your rant on acorn is just ridiculous. calling them "terorrist" is over the top, and guess what? no lender was forced to give a loan to any unquaified borrower, the lenders did it because they themselves decided to do so.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:30 AM   #14
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

basketballgirl is to the Mavericks as 92bDad is to America
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:24 PM   #15
92bDad
Platinum Member

We all have the right to believe what we believe.

I respect your right and I appreciate my right.

May you all be blessed in the days to come.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:44 PM   #16
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

is baskeballgirl in any way associated with "polevaultgirl" ?
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 02:08 PM   #17
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'll argue that. The usa is no safer today than it was when he assumed office, and in fact may be more at risk today than when he assumed office.
You can argue it, but you argue without any data to back it up except for a bunch of folks wringing their hands because we aren't liked. It's unknowable. And you do recognize who's image was assaulted the last month or so in the middle east, not dubya's.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 02:16 PM   #18
92bDad
Platinum Member

God Bless America!!!
Old 01-23-2009, 06:40 PM   #19
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
You can argue it, but you argue without any data to back it up except for a bunch of folks wringing their hands because we aren't liked. It's unknowable. And you do recognize who's image was assaulted the last month or so in the middle east, not dubya's.
"data"? just what "data" is there to say that america is safer? that's a lark, trying to establish some threshold of a need for "data".

our enemies have incresed there influence, our enemies have not lost their ability to act, and our enemies continue to recruit.

if you look at that and say america is safer today, you're simply being dishonest.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:32 PM   #20
92bDad
Platinum Member

Quote:
"data"? just what "data" is there to say that america is safer? that's a lark, trying to establish some threshold of a need for "data".

our enemies have incresed there influence, our enemies have not lost their ability to act, and our enemies continue to recruit.

if you look at that and say america is safer today, you're simply being dishonest.

I believe our borders are more secure...yet we as a nation are still vulnerable to attacks.

We are the Beacon of Freedom, as such, we have many who hate what we have...it's the nature of man.

But as a person who travels a great deal of the time, I can say that I feel safer today than I did after 9/11.

The airports are much much safter and thus for that the Bush Administration has done an admirable job.

As for outside of America...honestly, there is nothing that can be done to dampen the hatred of these terrorist zealots. They are quite simply jealous and they brainwash future generations to hate.

Spreading Democracy in a place such as Iraq is perhaps the absolute BEST weapon towards changing the dynamic of the middle-eastern culture of hate.

However, If we cut and run and don't continue to support the growth of democracy in Iraq, we will find a culture and a people who will feel the impact of being abandoned...only so that they can suffer at the hands of terrorists once again.

My friends, if we cut out now...I promise you...the future generations will be stronger with their hatred of America...and the blame will fall squarely on the shoulders of those who were too short sighted and pulled our troops out before the mission was done.

Perhaps that is the largest problem facing America today...this is the me now generations, need results today and unwilling to pay the price for the long term development and success of the whole.

That is why I applaud President Bush for his stance on National Defense and I why I have some very strong, genuine and serious concerns about the direction of the Clinton...I mean Obama administration.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:10 PM   #21
Mavdog
Diamond Member

(rolls eyes)

seriously, you really don't get it do you?

you believe the terrorists attack us because we are "the beacon of freedom"?

the bush administration made america safe by the security checkpoints at our airports?

there's "nothing that can be done" about "terrorist....outside of america" who are simply "jealous"?

what was it that was said previously, "living in a cartoon"?

apparently they were right on.

Tags
america's waste, coke is it!, fluffy banter, low intelligence quotient, poor winners and losers, sour grapes, tin foil hat