Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 11-20-2006, 08:10 AM   #201
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shot Rob
No--your last sentence is the twisted logic.

Whether any of you admit it or not--Cuban would give his right nut to have Bowen on the Mav team--and so would the people engaged in this petty back and forth "debate."

Being crticial of someone that you would seek to become a member of your team if that possibility were to exist is hypocritical.
BigShot, if Bowen was on the mavs, sticking his foot under your favorite players, you'd be hating on him just as much as everyone else is hating on him now. The first time Parker came up lame and had to miss a few weeks because of Bowen's "tight" defense, you'd be calling for some kind of league review. The first time Ginobli caught a foot in the face, you'd be screaming "dirty play!" and calling for a suspension.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2006, 08:31 AM   #202
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
Mav Kiki is a she? Or are we pulling a Bill Parcells circa 1996 here?
Fin, I can only surmise that someone is projecting his/her own pre-operative gender identity issues onto other posters.

Either that or (s)he's just engaging in the widely observed practice within the gay community of using feminine pronouns to refer to superlative examples of masculinity whom (s)he admires and/or wishes (impossibly) to emulate.

Ain't that right, gurrrlfrend? <snap, snap, snap>

Last edited by MavKikiNYC; 11-20-2006 at 08:35 AM.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:18 AM   #203
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Kiki, I can understand where you're coming from, but I'm still utterly convinced that Bowen is a dirty player. I just don't buy at all that other players are just "frustrated" by his defense because he's just that damn good, or that he's "in their heads." There are other great defenders in this league, not a lot, but a few. Yet, this kind of shit only seems to happen with Bruce Bowen, nobody else. Not even a guy like Ron Artest. Seriously, Ben Wallace is a 4-time defensive player of the year, yet I can't remember any player calling him out like Bowen has been, let alone the countless ones that say so of Bowen. You know, guys like Doug Christie and Rick Fox were great perimeter defenders too. I don't ever recall hearing other players accusing them of the things Bowen is accused of. If one player calls him dirty, okay, maybe he's just a prima donna jumpshooter as you say. But many, many, many players and coaches have called this guy out. Isiah may be punk, but no moreso than Bruce Bowen. Hell, Zeke may have ruined the Knicks for years, but at least he isn't physically endangering people on the court. You could jeapordize someone's career sticking your feet under them like that.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 11-20-2006 at 09:57 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:46 PM   #204
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default I'm not even THINKING, "I told you so." ..... Really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavKikiNYC
I tend to agree. The true instigator here is Thomas. For all Stern's efforts to clean up the league and to avoid another brawl, Thomas mouths off to try to motivate the hand-picked players who were quitting on him. The next time Thomas pops off to a player, they should crack his dam*ed jaw.

Stern totally dropped the ball here; he could've easily edged Thomas toward the door, and the NYKs toward respectability a little sooner by issuing Thomas a 5-10 game suspension. All Dolan needs is one more reason, one more degree of PR cover, and the NYKs and the NBA could be rid of the blight that is Zeke forever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin

Kiki, are you seriously advocating that Stern get involved in franchise politics, and that he should do something to help remove Isaiah from the Knicks?
Stern gets a reprieve.

Rare to get a second opportunity, David, so strap up your testicle, and pull the trigger. You have an opportunity here to force the brain-dead owner of the NYKs into moving toward replacing Thomas.

Growing sentiment on NYK-blogs that this pulls Thomas under, and that he is deserving of dismissal.

20 game suspension for Thomas, and require Dolan to hire a real GM to start cleaning up this mess.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:29 PM   #205
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

I have to admit the truth.

Truth is...

If Bowen played for another team--I would be bitching about him as much as anyone else.

Even as a Spurs fan--I am troubled by the fact that an inordinate amount of players are getting hurt by Bowen.

The debate tends to get focused on whether Bowen is intentionally trying to hurt opposing players--i.e., is he a dirty player.

I don't think that's the correct question.

Whether he intends to hurt players or not--the fact remains that players are getting hurt by his tactics. That fact alone--regardless of his intent--troubles me and after much reflection, can no longer defend Bowen's tactics. I admit--something is just not right. Whether he is an intentionally dirty player, or is reckless--however you want to label his tactics--the fact that it seems like alot of people are getting hurt by him should make everyone pause and be concerned--and that includes Spurs fans.

I came around to this conclusion after much soul searching. I myself have suffered constant pain for many years--and have had many surgeries. Living in constant pain changes your life.

I believe that my previous defense of Bowen may in fact have been hypocritical in light of my own experience as a chronic pain sufferer.

Last edited by Big Shot Rob; 12-17-2006 at 08:35 PM.
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 08:53 PM   #206
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

BSR, you still suck.

The point is that the brouhaha about Bowen's play on Francis wasn't about Bowen's play on Francis--it was about Zeke trying to make his team fight.

It took a couple of weeks, but he finally got what he wanted.

Last edited by MavKikiNYC; 12-17-2006 at 08:53 PM.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:22 PM   #207
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Bowen has been called out for years, I applaud zeke doing something to bring attention to it. That he got advantage as well I don't care about. Bowen (and others) need to make damn sure they aren't pulling that crap. Anthony Johnson did the same thing but HE'S the one who got hurt.

Keep your damn feet out from under jump-shooters on the perimeter.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:01 PM   #208
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Bowen has been called out for years, I applaud zeke doing something to bring attention to it. That he got advantage as well I don't care about. Bowen (and others) need to make damn sure they aren't pulling that crap. Anthony Johnson did the same thing but HE'S the one who got hurt.

Keep your damn feet out from under jump-shooters on the perimeter.
Uhh....your last name isn't Dolan by chance, is it?
Old 12-17-2006, 11:18 PM   #209
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavKikiNYC
Uhh....your last name isn't Dolan by chance, is it?
Hey just because he's an idiot doesn't mean he can't be correct about something. And bowen sticking his feet under jump-shooters is a very dangerous tactic that needs to be stopped immediately. He should have already been warned if the nba weren't so stupid about this kind of stuff.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:16 AM   #210
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Isiah may be a complete idiot, but that doesn't make Bruce Bowen any less dirty.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote