Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-01-2007, 01:37 PM   #241
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

This picture is unbelievable.

Let's see, theres Lebron....

and 5 pistons....

annnnndd.....?

What a perfect way to capture the essence of the game. 1 vs 5. Where in the hell are his teammates?
Old 06-01-2007, 01:52 PM   #242
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

ha ha, not ONE cav in the picture. They're all spread to the corners.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:26 PM   #243
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Before these past three games, I would have called anyone referring to LeBron as clutch a mental patient.
You're correct. But it was the fact the media was going so hard at a 22 year old kid who's suppose to still be in College right now. Righting him off as "not clutch" is a bit early. And everyone was on his case. I don't think you just come into the league as a clutch player. You have to develop that title.

I wish Lebron the best. The guy looks to really be coming along. I'm curious to see how far his Cavs team can go because the supporting cast could be better. Gooden's been better. Ilgauskaus has been himself. Hughes is hurt right now but he's been in a shooting funk. I'd like to see Lebron get another guy on that team and see how good he can be. BTW, whatever happened to Dejaun Wagner? Talk about hype. He was suppose to be the next great Cav before 'Bron got there.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:29 PM   #244
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

As far as that pic goes the Pistons played it right. After that ass whooping the Lebron gave them I would've had my whole team guarding him as well. But its ridiculous to how he got to the rim for an easy finish like he did. That was insane. And Lebron was clearly tired on that play as well and still got through the whole team.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:49 PM   #245
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

but that's just it, they weren't really guarding him on that play. they were minimally successful when they doubled him at the top of the key (better than when they played him straight up - but it was still his night). but chauncey played him 1-on-1 here, and the rest of the pistons were slow as hell trying to rotate over.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 06-01-2007 at 02:57 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:01 PM   #246
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
but that's just it, they weren't really guarding him on that play. they were minimally successful when they doubled him at the top of the key (better than when they played him straight up - but it was still his night). but chauncey played him 1-on-1 here, and the rest of the pistons were slow as hell trying to rotate over.
Yea i'm agreeing with you. Especially at how easy Lebron got by Chauncey. It seems the Pistons defensively just are not there for whatever reason. I want to throw some blame on the departure of Ben Wallace but it seems for the most part for the year they've still been a good defensive team. Ah well. I'm going for the Cavs this series anyway just to not have to sit through another Pistons vs. Spurs.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:10 PM   #247
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Cleveland is kicking the crap out of the Pistons!!

Up 12 with...not enough for the Pistons...left!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:10 PM   #248
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Gibson is playing out of his effing mind.
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:19 PM   #249
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

If there's a Game Seven Rasheed won't play...

Lol...there's not gonna be a Game Seven.

These Cavs are pretty damn hard to dislike!
Old 06-02-2007, 10:20 PM   #250
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

So, assuming the Cavs don't choke this lead away, does anyone think they stand a chance against the Spurs? Without LeBron getting some DWade-like help from the zebras, I don't see it happening.
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:20 PM   #251
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe the CLEVELAND CAVALIERS are in the NBA Finals.

ps: why wouldn't sheed be allowed to play?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:21 PM   #252
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by untitled
Gibson is playing out of his effing mind.
And again!

Don't sleep on the UT players.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:24 PM   #253
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
So, assuming the Cavs don't choke this lead away, does anyone think they stand a chance against the Spurs? Without LeBron getting some DWade-like help from the zebras, I don't see it happening.
I don't see it happening, either...but then again...I've seen a lot of stuff this postseason that has me scratching my head.

I still want above all else for Finley to win his ring...but it's hard not to root for the underdog that may have the guy who will ultimately emerge as the best player in a long, long, long time.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:24 PM   #254
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Spurs falling to the Cavs would be a fantasy. I'd also prefer no crazy ref action (not for the good of the game) because "we were screwed!" works best if youre the only one that got screwed.

Anyways, let's start with giving 'em a scare, LeBron.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:25 PM   #255
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They've won 3 of the last 4 against the Spurs. Plus they're a good defensive team and have Lebron so they at least have a punchers chance.

Last edited by dirno2000; 06-02-2007 at 10:29 PM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:30 PM   #256
chumdawg
Guru

Gibson over Prince at point blank range. Where is Ben Wallace?
Old 06-02-2007, 10:32 PM   #257
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Be interesting to see how much help Daniel Gibson gets from his supporing cast against the Spurs.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:35 PM   #258
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
Be interesting to see how much help Daniel Gibson gets from his supporing cast against the Spurs.
Witty.

As you know, that's how these UT boys roll.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:39 PM   #259
chumdawg
Guru

This is why LeBron's Game Five was so big. They played great as a team tonight, but the series was won right there.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:42 PM   #260
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Witty.

As you know, that's how these UT boys roll.
UT or not, it's always good to see Texas kids do well. This was a basketball wasteland in the 80's because UIL wouldn't let high school players go to summer camps but that's definitly turned around.

As far as Gibson, I knew he had balls when he went into Wake Forest as a freshman and gave Chris Paul all he could handle.

That being said, every UT fan knows that he could go cold at any time. Hopefully he can keep this going. It would be nice for the Finals to be competitive.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:13 PM   #261
MavzManiacz

MavzManiacz will become famous soon enoughMavzManiacz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof
"we were screwed!" works best if youre the only one that got screwed.
Excellent!

GO CAVS!!! I think Spurs win in 6, but I still say GO CAVS !!!
MavzManiacz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 11:25 PM   #262
Stylistic
Golden Member

Stylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of light

BOOBIE...good job Cavs. Way to represent the Lone Star State. I think the Spurs will win but the Cavs time maybe next year. They are just getting a taste of the finals this year.
Stylistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 11:25 PM   #263
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Wow, great job by Lebron and the Cavs! I'm very surprised they made it, but it certainly is better than another Pistons/Spurs finals.

GO CAVS!!!

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 11:48 PM   #264
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

Congrats Cavs! Get ready to get swept by the Spurs.
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:09 AM   #265
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

With Oden & Durant heading West... and with Detroit & Miami aging fast... Cleveland may be reigning over the East for a long time to come now!!
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 05:24 AM   #266
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Crazy pic, Flaco.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:36 AM   #267
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

No one guarding the rim.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:56 PM   #268
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
No one guarding the rim.
Ben Wallace anyone?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 01:06 PM   #269
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2M
With Oden & Durant heading West... and with Detroit & Miami aging fast... Cleveland may be reigning over the East for a long time to come now!!
The Bulls and the Magic might have something to say about that.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:40 PM   #270
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

And I wouldn't sleep on a healthy Bucks team. They have a lottery this year as well. Things would've been a problem had they got Oden or Durant.