Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-17-2009, 04:24 PM   #1
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future
Default Dallas, Portland, Clippers Deal

I saw this suggestion on Real GM:

Kaman to Dallas
Terry to Portland
Outlaw and Blake to LAC

I rather like it and don't think it's too farfetched. Then you still have the MLE or Buckner to use on a shooting guard to back up Howard or play in a small line up.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2009, 04:31 PM   #2
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

I like it... I prefer to move Terry over Howard this summer if we do a big move like that because Howards contract will be worth a lot next summer along with Damp's and he is in a contract year. We would just really need to focus on obtaining a shooter afterwards...
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:39 PM   #3
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I like it from our standpoint - we'd get rid of our hardest to move (though, not hardest to replace) asset in Terry and get a clear upgrade at center while retaining the rest of our assets... Not sure if the other teams would go for it though (I have no idea what Portland is up to right now and the Clips are always unpredictable!)

While we're fantasizing, I wonder if Charlotte would be interested in swapping Raja Bell (.421 3P%) for that Buck chip?

Kidd/JJB
Howard/Bell
Marion/Howard
Dirk/Marion
Kaman/Damp

That's a killer playoff lineup right there - not likely to happen, but I'd worship Mark Cuban as a god if he could pull it off...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-17-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:02 PM   #4
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Portland has the space to absorb Terry's deal and they still want an upgrade at PF and PG, Terry would fill one of those spots.

I don't know if the Clippers would do that though. I'm not sure Outlaw is their ideal option at SF. I know they're looking for that and they'll trade Kaman to fill the spot, but I don't think he's a fit.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:16 PM   #5
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

^^^ no he wouldn't, he is a horrible pg
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:29 PM   #6
mavsfan4lyfe201

mavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these parts

terry isnt likely moved..however bucker is very likely, and before the summer is over..word is they are tryin to move him for a sg..
mavsfan4lyfe201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:49 PM   #7
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
^^^ no he wouldn't, he is a horrible pg
In their system with the PG, they either need a legit shooter or someone who is an efficient facilitator to mesh who can still shoot with Roy: Enter Jet.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:59 PM   #8
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

I like it, I think that Portland will be happy also, and the Clippers if anything will save some dough, Blake could be release and Outlaw is young and somehow promising.
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:35 PM   #9
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4lyfe201 View Post
terry isnt likely moved..however bucker is very likely, and before the summer is over..word is they are tryin to move him for a sg..
Where's the word coming from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:51 PM   #10
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Who's gonna replace Terry's bench scoring if the Mavs trade him?
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:57 PM   #11
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
The starters (for a change...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-17-2009 at 09:00 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:23 PM   #12
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
Von Wafer. Higher 3pt fg% for way less money. I wonder if his absence would be bad for the locker room, but would be willing to take the chance.

Count me in.
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:46 PM   #13
dwitzki

dwitzki is on a distinguished road

men i be so mad if we trade terry,,,, him and dirk never have a off nite
he brings so much leadership
dwitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:50 PM   #14
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

I too would hate to see Terry go he brings so much to our bench plus on a selfish note he is my favorite Mav.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:52 PM   #15
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwitzki View Post
Never? You obviously hadn't seen the Denver series. I'm not condemning him, I'm just saying everyone has an off night, or nights.

EDIT: Terry I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!

Last edited by Nowitzki4President; 07-17-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:14 PM   #16
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Portland wanted Kirk Heinrich in the three way trade between them, Chicago, and Utah that ultimately died. Utah wanted to get rid of boozer.

Terry is a combo guard and his contract is LESS than Heinrich's, for the same amount of years (both are 3 years left, Heinrich is 9.5 and Terry is a little over 9 million)

That being said, I would imagine Terry would be more coveted than Heinrich.

I would say Portland would buy into this trade, the problem here is the Clippers.

After they got rid of Randolph, why would they want to trade Kaman? The only solution I can think of is that they can keep Camby, and then start saving some money with the expiring contracts (Camby, Outlaw, Blake) towards getting a 2010 free agent. The Clippers would have a a good $17 to $18 million coming off the books just off of Camby, Outlaw, and Blake. Getting rid of Kaman's contract and this new found money would have a lot of appeal, especially if they want to shop for new pieces in the future.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Last edited by Zki41; 07-17-2009 at 11:22 PM.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:15 AM   #17
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwitzki View Post
You know.. besides the playoffs..
Old 07-18-2009, 05:58 AM   #18
thunderbrook

thunderbrook is on a distinguished road

terry to bobcats. Carroll Humpfree Buck to Newyork Curry to Bobcats Okafer and Bell to Mavs. Dallas signs AI at the 2 Josh comes off the bench we win title.
Kidd,JJB,Roddy
AI,Bell, whoever
Marion,Josh,whoever
Dirk,Singleton,Nivens
Okafer,Damp,Hollins
Sounds like a winner.
thunderbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:43 AM   #19
Justin Credible

I seriously would be pissed if AI came here. "The Answer" isn't the answer at all.. apparently for any team. AI would fit great with a scrub team, but not here in Dallas where we're actually trying to accomplish something outside of worshiping the 2nd cockiest person in the NBA.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:03 PM   #20
thunderbrook

thunderbrook is on a distinguished road

Then let Von Wafer have a go but AI brings scoring and I'm sure a team full of Vets will keep that **s in line. If not trade hime no harm done. Still got bell and Von Wafer. Limit AI minutes if he starts Ballstopping. I would do almost anything to win including giving AI's ego chance to start on an Olympic type team. He will see all the talent around him and pass the ball. AI gives you 20 points 2 steals and a guy that will not be afraid to go to the basket. With Okafer,Marion Dirk and Kidd cleaning up on some of his wilder shots. I think we beat anyone in the league with that line up. Mavs past problem is that everyone goes cold when they triple Dirk. Now pick your poison. AI can shoot Howard can shoot Marion can shoot and Kidd will make a three on a good blue moon which we had a few of them last season.

Last edited by thunderbrook; 07-18-2009 at 01:14 PM.
thunderbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 04:01 PM   #21
Justin Credible

I'm sorry, I just see the negativity that he would bring to the team as too much for his production to make up for. Can he score? Of course he can.. He's a great player on the court. Off the court it's constant trouble with him, including in the locker room. I wouldn't be willing to gamble with Dirk's career on AI all of a sudden becoming a solid contributor in the locker room and not being a moral cancer.

Sorry, I'd rather see JJB as our starting PG than to see AI as our starting SG. To me getting AI is a lot like getting Kobe.. You get awesome production at the cost of a guy with such a huge ego it wouldn't surprise me to learn that he regularly masturbated to the mirror.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:14 PM   #22
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Credible View Post
I'm sorry, I just see the negativity that he would bring to the team as too much for his production to make up for. Can he score? Of course he can.. He's a great player on the court. Off the court it's constant trouble with him, including in the locker room. I wouldn't be willing to gamble with Dirk's career on AI all of a sudden becoming a solid contributor in the locker room and not being a moral cancer.

Sorry, I'd rather see JJB as our starting PG than to see AI as our starting SG. To me getting AI is a lot like getting Kobe.. You get awesome production at the cost of a guy with such a huge ego it wouldn't surprise me to learn that he regularly masturbated to the mirror.
SPOTY

Please stop

Last edited by mavs777; 07-18-2009 at 06:15 PM.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 07:35 PM   #23
Justin Credible

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
SPOTY

Please stop
lol.. I should specify that I'm probably the only person on this forum that would cease to be a mavs fan if Kobe were to come here. I like the Dallas Mavericks, not the Kobe Show. I'm probably the biggest Kobe hater out there.. But I just hate cocky people in general so :shrugs:.

Last edited by Justin Credible; 07-18-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:36 PM   #24
Justin Credible

dbl post, delete

Last edited by Justin Credible; 07-18-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:24 PM   #25
frozenking

frozenking is on a distinguished road

Your not alone i hate kobe i think though that 99% of celebrities, athletes, and politicians are criminals in one way another only difference is that they can throw money around to make things work...

I HATE THIS TRADE FOR KAMAN... Gortat failure is a blow for many reasons mainly because he is a trully powering presence in the middle on offense and defense, kaman is unathletic and is injured frequently

Believe me this team STILL NEEEEEDS TERRY, marion cannot create own shot, nor can kidd, and howard is a wierdo, terry and dirk is STILL the core of the team
frozenking is offline   Reply With Quote