Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 08-13-2009, 12:27 PM   #1
sbibi

sbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the rough
Default Quentin Richardson anyone??

Here is the sharpshooter that we may need:

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...chardson_soon/

Wolves Could Trade Richardson Soon

Aug 12, 2009 3:43 PM EST

Minnesota general manager David Kahn said on Tuesday that he could trade Quentin Richardson by the end of the week.

Richardson has already been dealt three times this summer.

New York traded him to Memphis for Darko Milicic in late June.

The Grizzlies then sent Richardson to the Clippers for Zach Randolph.

Less than a week later, Los Angeles traded Richardson to Minnesota in a multi-player deal.

What are your thoughts on the possibility of acquiring him?
sbibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2009, 12:34 PM   #2
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

I'm not really liking the idea of another player coming of the end of the bench. My opinion is we need a center or another big man I would take a pass on Richardson.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
thetrews

thetrews can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post
I'm not really liking the idea of another player coming of the end of the bench. My opinion is we need a center or another big man I would take a pass on Richardson.
What about Joe Smith? Still a good defender.
thetrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:11 PM   #4
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetrews View Post
What about Joe Smith? Still a good defender.
If he can hold up on the defensive end of the boards that is not bad. Though I'm not in love with his numbers last year or his age.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:55 PM   #5
sbibi

sbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post
The team's number one concern being the 5 spot is true. While there aren't any attractive 5's out there, we must look into making the team deeper, look at the championship contenders or previous champs, they had traditional 5's and nontraditional 5's. I believe we need a shotblocker more than anything (not necessarily a 5), a Chris Andersen kinda player although you don't find a lot of them around. Therefore, in order to further deepen our bench, a dangerous shooter in Richardson would be a great asset to this team. I'm sure Cuban can manage if he really wants to, he doesn't have to give up much. Tim Thomas is supposedly what he's here for but I don't think he fills that spot since he is a streaky shooter. His attitude may or may not make us a badder team, but I'm sure with the addition of marion, gooden, and maybe Thomas makes us a tough team.

I just think we should go after Richardson now (or a spot-up shooter) and still find a way to get a shotblocker/center or both.
sbibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:35 PM   #6
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Richardson? Why? Makes no sense trying to acquire him. Next move should be for a center.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:38 PM   #7
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

^^^^

Why Q-Rich? we still have JET so no point in bringing in a similar player. We don't need a re-uniting of the 06 suns. Technically we have enough guys who can shoot as it is. Bench wise and shooting depth, we are fine. Roddy should see some action, JJB has been progressing offensively, QRoss can shoot the 3, same goes for T-Thom.

There is a fine line between getting a bunch of shooters and the right players that can fit into the system that we need, deal with the playing time and still be effective to help us win. Remember Q-Rich is just like any other past their good years shooter, when the ball doesn't go in....they are useless.

Last edited by Jon Avalon; 08-13-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Jon Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:40 AM   #8
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

Doesn't matter anymore, he was just traded to miami for mark blount.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:07 AM   #9
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness View Post
Richardson? Why? Makes no sense trying to acquire him. Next move should be for a center.
This.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:50 PM   #10
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Hopefully we're preparing a package for Dalembert.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:53 PM   #11
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

5 teams in 2 months for Q RICH...
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 03:50 AM   #12
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Hopefully we're preparing a package for Dalembert.
I wonder if Dalembert is really the answer. Sounds like even Sixer fans not only want to get rid of him, but acknowledge it's going to take bad contracts to do so. Think about someone being on the Mavs we want to get rid of that bad that we're willing to take bad contracts. That player would have to be pretty bad.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:30 AM   #13
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Moderators: There's a typographical error in the title of this thread. It should read:

Quentin Richardson everyone!!

He could be the first player to be on all thirty NBA teams in one year at the rate he's being traded.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote