Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-30-2012, 11:48 AM   #81
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

The Spares fans behind our bench were driving me as crazy as all those throw in 3ptrs the started nailing late in the game. I LOVED that they had to eat shit in the end! Suck one.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #82
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
I really don't remember seeing Dirk truly seal Blaire at all. I mean he tried, he was fighting like crazy but like I said, he could only take it so far unless he wanted to get Flagrant about it. Maybe I'm just remembering wrong but I was kind of watching for it, for exactly the reason that I wanted to see how Roddy did getting the ball in to Dirk.

There were times when Dirk would get Blair on his back but Blaire would be fouling him so much shoving him reaching around him, pinning Dirk's arms that Dirk couldn't have caught a pass. There were a couple of times when Dirk slipped around Blaire and that's usually the cue to pass the ball over Blaire's head to Dirk but in one of those instances I remember another Spur collapsed on him to help deny the pass... in the other I think Blaire basically shoved him or grabbed him to keep him from getting free.

Doesn't the fact that they were able to get it in to Dirk when Splitter was on him sort of prove that it was Blaire that was the problem and not so much Roddy or Dirk? It wasn't like Splitter wasn't active he was all over Dirk, just wasn't risking the crazy fouls Blaire was getting away with.
No, that is not proof of any of your points. I rewatched the first half and you are wrong on many accounts. My stats are unofficial but close enough to support my point that Roddy was bad at getting Dirk the ball either off the PnR or post feed with either Blair or another sealed. West and Jet didnt have the same problem. This is why I mostly blame Roddy. I really dont see that it is worth any more of my time as the stats speak for themselves.

Roddy had 4 plays in 1st quarter and 5 plays in 2nd quarter directly with Dirk and failed to get it to him in all cases except one. In that one case, it resulted in an easy bucket for Ian, go figure.

I took your word on the Jet/Dirk PnR and found that you were completely wrong. They ran it at least 3 times in the 1st half. On top of that, Jet managed to pass the ball to Dirk 2 times with Blair sealed.

West, in limited time, managed to pass it to Dirk 3 different times. 2 of which where Blair was sealed.

1st quarter with both on floor
5th possession Roddy attempt to Dirk poked out by Blair, Roddy recovers makes jumper from corner, this is where he should have passed a tick earlier because Dirk had Blair beat off pick under basket.
6th Roddy PnP with Dirk, Roddy misses shot
9th Roddy PnR with Dirk, didnt pass to Dirk nor drive but passed to Marion
10th Roddy PnR with Dirk, Roddy makes outside shot

1st quarter Dirk with another point guard (West, Jet)
2nd possession West passes to Dirk who misses a 3

2nd quarter with another point guard
1st possession West to Dirk at top of key guarded by Blair, Dirk pass to West, West makes shot
2nd possession West passes to Dirk in post guarded by Bonner, Dirk misses shot
4th possession West misses shot, Dirk tips it back in
5th possession West passes to Terry who PnR with Dirk for layup
6th possession Terry PnR with Dirk passes back out to West who misses shot

2nd quarter with both on floor
7th possession Roddy to Dirk on block guarded by Bonner, Dirk pass to Roddy who passes it to Ian for layup
11th possession Dirk had Blair sealed at elbow, Roddy went to Jet with pass
12th possession Roddy PnR with Dirk, Roddy misses shot
13th Jet PnR with Dirk, Jet loses ball out of bounds, Jet out of bounds pass to Dirk in post guarded by Blair, Dirk hands to Roddy who dribbles back out after his drive cut off, Roddy tries to re-feed Dirk but Blair pokes out for steal. Roddy's pass was in right spot but not fast enough and I think it could be argued that Dirk could have done more to keep that from being turned over.
14th possession Dirk has trouble sealing Blair and Roddy hits the 3
16th possession Dirk seals Blair and Terry passes to Dirk at elbow, Dirk makes shot
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:58 AM   #83
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

If anybody should be embarrassed about last night, it's the Spurs starters, not ours. They were the only group of the four who hardly competed.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:49 PM   #84
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
The Spares fans behind our bench were driving me as crazy as all those throw in 3ptrs the started nailing late in the game. I LOVED that they had to eat shit in the end! Suck one.
It is always sweet to look at the sad faces of spurs fans as they trudge out. One of my fav Mavs memories is going down to san Antonio to watch the Mavs spank that rear end. The river walk was a lot of fun that night!

I really do like that downtown area.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:19 PM   #85
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
I will say that he doesn't seem to have a clue how to get the ball to Dirk. He had one post entry pass (in the third quarter I think?) that was a complete head-scratcher. This could be a problem moving forward.
I think this is where Kidd has to come in and teach the kid. Devin never had that teacher on how to feed Dirk.....Dirk doesn't even know There was quite a lot made last year regarding Kidd making the game much easier for Dirk. I think this is a teachable asset where Kidd can pass it along.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:25 PM   #86
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched, my god!
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:27 PM   #87
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Do Road-supporters go by bus, train or are they travelling by their own cars ?
Old 01-30-2012, 05:42 PM   #88
redzwestisbest

redzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really niceredzwestisbest is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
Great game...a lot of fun to watch.

Jet with a BIG game

VC also had a very nice game

Dirk with some good rebounding, but was cold on offense

Roddy had a decent game, but is still BAD IMO at running the offense and as we saw struggles getting the ball to Dirk

But a W is a W, which mean everyone did their part

GOOOOOOOO MAAAAAVVVSSSS

I'm beginning to think the problem with getting the ball to Dirk... is DIRK himself. He doesn't seem physically able to hold his ground enough to get in a stable position for are guards to get him the ball and when we do, he is pretty off his sweet spots. It doesn't matter who our 'point guard' is, its the same thing. Its time for RC to get more creative in finding ways to get him the ball. Roddy, West, Kidd, Carter, Lamar, Jet have all had problems getting Dirk the ball if we are keeping track. This is a trend that has nothing really to do with our guards.

Edited: Roadrunner...good post..wish I saw yours before making mine as I may have left West out of my list. West had I believe around 7-10 potential assists on his passes and the Mavs either missed wide open jumpers or the stat guy felt it was too long after the pass to give West the assist. He ended the game with 0 assists which is VERY VERY misleading.

Last edited by redzwestisbest; 01-30-2012 at 05:45 PM.
redzwestisbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #89
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
It's Texas - everybody here is either driving or flying... What's a train?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #90
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
GD, if you haven't visited America, you'd be blown away by little trains are used for passenger travel here versus in Europe.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:13 PM   #91
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
It's Texas - everybody here is either driving or flying... What's a train?
Long time ago a teacher roughed a friend of mine:"Oh Steven, You must train your english!". He responded: " What train ? , Wat "

Last edited by GermanDunk; 01-30-2012 at 08:17 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:54 PM   #92
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Long time ago a teacher roughed a friend of mine:"Oh Steven, You must train your english!". He responded: " What train ? , Wat "
Oh, Train videos?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNKH2...eature=related
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:38 PM   #93
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzwestisbest View Post
I'm beginning to think the problem with getting the ball to Dirk... is DIRK himself. He doesn't seem physically able to hold his ground enough to get in a stable position for are guards to get him the ball and when we do, he is pretty off his sweet spots. It doesn't matter who our 'point guard' is, its the same thing. Its time for RC to get more creative in finding ways to get him the ball. Roddy, West, Kidd, Carter, Lamar, Jet have all had problems getting Dirk the ball if we are keeping track. This is a trend that has nothing really to do with our guards.

Edited: Roadrunner...good post..wish I saw yours before making mine as I may have left West out of my list. West had I believe around 7-10 potential assists on his passes and the Mavs either missed wide open jumpers or the stat guy felt it was too long after the pass to give West the assist. He ended the game with 0 assists which is VERY VERY misleading.
Then you might as well trade him. He's never been massive enough to just bull his way and hold position, he gets rooted out. That's why the point guard cannot be afraid to throw it to meet him when he gets there. As dirk said and is in someone's signature. He used to just lope through a screen because he knew the guard wasn't going to aggressively give it to him, but with kid it's right there when he gets there. In this equation dirk versus roddy...the problem is roddy, and will continue to be until he makes quicker decisions.

I would think a part of it now is his lack of quickness because of the knee. But there is not doubt that jkiddo puts it on targe and on time.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 01-30-2012 at 09:42 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #94
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

I can't understand this nit picking with Roddys defense. And as the other poster pointed out what is it when he gets blamed when he isn't even on the court. Jet played a good game but if anyone needs to be questioned defensively it him. On that last open look Green got it was Jet that let him get away. From what I saw he either totally lost him or just quit playing. Another one of his defensive lapses. And on the final play to boot. If green hits the shot it costs the Mavs the game. How could you Roddy nitpickers miss that one are you blind or just basketball stupid?
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote