Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 09-16-2004, 11:30 AM   #1
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road
Default NJ/NY/MINNY rumor

I read about a rumor on Hoopshype that involved KIdd/wally s/Kurt Thommas/ Cassel/aaron williams. It took a little mixing and matching... but i founf a trade that would work. Does anyone think that this is a fair deal or that it makes sense for all the teams?

New Jersey trades: PG Jason Kidd (15.5 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 9.2 apg in 36.5 minutes)
PF Aaron Williams (6.3 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 18.6 minutes)
New Jersey receives: C Kurt Thomas (11.1 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.9 apg in 31.9 minutes)
PG Sam Cassell (19.8 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 7.3 apg in 35.0 minutes)
C Ervin Johnson (1.9 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.4 apg in 14.6 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +11.0 ppg, +4.7 rpg, and -0.7 apg.

New York trades: C Kurt Thomas (11.1 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.9 apg in 31.9 minutes)
C Nazr Mohammed (7.4 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 0.5 apg in 20.1 minutes)
New York receives: PF Aaron Williams (6.3 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 72 games)
SG Wally Szczerbiak (10.2 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.2 apg in 28 games)
Change in team outlook: -2.0 ppg, -7.0 rpg, and -0.1 apg.

Minnesota trades: SG Wally Szczerbiak (10.2 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.2 apg in 22.2 minutes)
PG Sam Cassell (19.8 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 7.3 apg in 35.0 minutes)
C Ervin Johnson (1.9 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.4 apg in 14.6 minutes)
Minnesota receives: PG Jason Kidd (15.5 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 9.2 apg in 67 games)
C Nazr Mohammed (7.4 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 0.5 apg in 80 games)
Change in team outlook: -9.0 ppg, +2.3 rpg, and +0.8 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

To me.. it only seems like a good deal for NJ. Maybe they will have to ship a couple of their first rounders that they got from denver to make this deal work. Assuming that both Minnisota and NewYork get a first round pick, does it make any sense?????

fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2004, 11:26 PM   #2
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: NJ/NY/MINNY rumor

That's fair because all teams are getting ripped off. New Jersey won't be contenders for a long time.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 12:01 AM   #3
poohrichardson

poohrichardson is on a distinguished road
Default RE:NJ/NY/MINNY rumor

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nash13
That's fair because all teams are getting ripped off. New Jersey won't be contenders for a long time.
I think that getting a player like Szczerbiak is good for New York... he'd be one of the very few bright spots on that roster. Kurt Thomas has an unreal contract, and Mohammed is a waste of flesh on the court. At least with Szczerbiak, he's a big contract with a GOOD player.
poohrichardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 09:49 AM   #4
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: NJ/NY/MINNY rumor

Szcerbiak is a player that Garnett made look good. If he has to wait on Maubury to set him up for a shot, he's not going to be as effective because he cannot create his own shot that well. New York needs guys like Carter or Stackhouse, because if they wanted Szcerbiak, they could have gotten him by now.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 10:06 AM   #5
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

New York would win alot of games with Stackhouse or Carter. That is the type player they need because they do not have the frontcourt player that has to be doubled, so that a Wally can hit the open jumpshots.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 12:31 PM   #6
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Point guards run a dime a dozen. It is much easier to find point guards than up front help. Cassel was the league's best point guard last year. Kurt Thomas and Ervin Johnson can both be effective with Richard Jefferson.

Wally is great shooter, he is a fifty percent career shooter. I would rather have him then Finley, given that is all that finley likes to do is shoot the rock. It makes no sense for NY. They already have Crawford, Ben Gordon, Allan Houston, Marbury are there really enough shots to go around with that gang. If the NBA was a single elimination torney it would make some sense.

I am not sure what Minnesota has to gain. Ervin Johnson had the better year than Mohammed, and Kidd maybe done. Kidd's health and age are serious issues with the club.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 06:47 PM   #7
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

i dont know what league you are following but ben gordon is on the bulls yes?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 08:03 PM   #8
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

yes, Gordon is with the bulls...and is slated to start at SG
Old 09-17-2004, 08:32 PM   #9
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
New Jersey won't be contenders for a long time.
i dont think they ever were contenders.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote