Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-12-2005, 10:28 AM   #1
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice
Default Tyson Chandler

This is from this week's Marty Burns column on CNNSI.

Tyson Chandler, PF*
Suitors: Bulls, Hawks, Sonics, Mavs, T'wolves

Leader in the clubhouse: Bulls

The skinny: This 7-1 rebounder and shot-blocker emerged as a defensive force last season, and could be a missing piece for a good team looking to take it to the next level. But like Curry, he's a restricted free agent, and the Bulls say they intend to match any offer. Chandler's lack of scoring ability will probably prevent him from getting a max-type offer from a team with cap room, so Chicago should be able to keep him at something close to the midlevel. But if he and Curry were both to get big offers on the open market, the Bulls might be forced to decide between the two.

Is Chandler just a pipe dream or can it happen for the mavs ? Chandler seems to be the one guy that might put the mavericks over the top. The Spurs collect big men.

Trading pieces Van Horn, Stackhouse, Daniels, and Terry? Big men prospects DJ and Pavel?
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2005, 01:06 PM   #2
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: Tyson Chandler

He'd be a nice addition but I doubt if he'd want to be a backup to Dirk for a long, long time.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 01:51 PM   #3
steponhens

steponhens is on a distinguished road

The Hawks should be trying to sign Chandler instead of Joe Johnson. Chandler would fit perfect on that team running up and down the court. I would love to have chandler on the mav's but I don't see any way it is happening.

Napolean: Whatever I feel like! God!
steponhens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 03:36 PM   #4
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I would love to have chandler on the mav's but I don't see any way it is happening.
exactly

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 05:01 PM   #5
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future
Default RE:Tyson Chandler

Tyson Chandler is defintely the guy I want. But he pretty much has been for the last couple of years. I wish I thought there was some way to make it happen, but I just don't see Chicago letting him go. His back concerns me some, but I think you have to take a risk on him.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 06:22 PM   #6
Pongo
Golden Member

Pongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to all

If Chicago is really forced to decide between eddy and tyson they'll keep Chandler.
While I'd love to have him in Dallas, I just can't see it happening... but Cuban... well, you never know [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2005, 06:35 PM   #7
Mavs414

Mavs414 is on a distinguished road

would love to have him on this team
Old 07-13-2005, 09:24 AM   #8
Lebanese_Fan

Lebanese_Fan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: V2M
He'd be a nice addition but I doubt if he'd want to be a backup to Dirk for a long, long time.
He already is playing 27 minutes a game. With damp playing 30 minutes (if no foul trouble) and dirk playing 38 (Avery like to keep his minutes down), he will get 28 minutes a game.

(I doubt van horn will be here if we get Tyson, and if he is here, he will be a SF backup to josh)
Lebanese_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 11:29 AM   #9
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Lebanese_Fan
Quote:
He already is playing 27 minutes a game. With damp playing 30 minutes (if no foul trouble) and dirk playing 38 (Avery like to keep his minutes down), he will get 28 minutes a game.

(I doubt van horn will be here if we get Tyson, and if he is here, he will be a SF backup to josh)
I have no doubt he'd get his fair share of minutes here given our need for an athletic combo 4/5.

The only question is if he'd agree to sign up as a career backup. There's enough teams out there where
he could be a starter.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 03:05 PM   #10
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

I am pretty sure that Othella Harrington started ahead of Chandler.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 05:53 PM   #11
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Hmmm, I know this might be a strange Idea, but if we´re really in cost cutting mood, how about we make a "wink wink" deal with Chicago?

Making sure Finley would sign for a reasonable amount with Chicago after getting waived by us, then trade ... let´s say Damp for Chandler in a sign-and-trade, and ship off Van Horn to New Orleans for Magloire and Brown ... (I know this is just a dream ...)

Magloire, Brown and Chandler

for

Finley, Van Horn, Dampier

Deal?
Old 07-13-2005, 11:55 PM   #12
Lebanese_Fan

Lebanese_Fan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: Lebanese_Fan
Quote:

I have no doubt he'd get his fair share of minutes here given our need for an athletic combo 4/5.

The only question is if he'd agree to sign up as a career backup. There's enough teams out there where
he could be a starter.
I don't see damp lasting that long as our starting center even with avrey as coach.
Chandler will replace him in 1 year, 2 years tops.
Lebanese_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 04:11 AM   #13
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

dj will replace him! [img]i/expressions/anim_shocked.gif[/img]

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote