bgrant44 is on a distinguished road
Default 3 team Deal(Dal-Bos-Orl)

Boston
Send
Paul Pierce
Get
Steve Francis
Pavel Podkolzine
Change in team outlook: -0.3 ppg, -0.8 rpg, and +2.8 apg.

Dallas
Send
Keith Van Horn
Jerry Stackhouse
Shawn Bradley(retire)
Devin Harris

Get
Paul Pierce(only 13Mil.)
Tony Battie(expire)
Doug Christie(expire)
Change in team outlook: -3.3 ppg, +2.9 rpg, and +1 apg.

Orlando
Send
Tony Battie
Doug Christie
Steve Francis

Get
Keith Van Horn
Jerry Stackhouse
Shawn Bradley
Devin Harris

Change in team outlook: +3.6 ppg, -2.1 rpg, and -3.8 apg.

Mavs Lineup

Terry/DA(?)/Daniels
Pierce/Christie/?
Howard/Daniels/?
Dirk/?/?
Damp/Battie/DJ

then I hope we get J.Powell(3rd string PF). Marshall(3rd string SF), Winston(3rd string SG)
Use MLE for other C/PF(Not much left..maybe Hunter??)

Just think about Pierce's value and his salary(13Mil). Every team overpay for swingman.(JJ is 14Mil...It's crazy)
I will take Pierce every time. Also, we can still manage expring contracts(13.4Mil value) for cap space.
If one of the swingmen develope, we can use pp-daniels-howords-?.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2005, 09:42 AM   #2
sully41

sully41 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: 3 team Deal(Dal-Bos-Orl)

I think i just threw up in my mouth
sully41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 10:30 AM   #3
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice
Default RE:3 team Deal(Dal-Bos-Orl)

I would do the deal. Battie and Christie both can be rotation guys. Christie can hit the wide open three point shot. Finley would fit under this scenario. Hell if the mavs traded bench players for Pierce that would be an excellent trade.

Pierce and Dirk on the same floor would be something to watch.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 11:20 AM   #4
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

Pretty decent deal, but would boston want steve the cancer francis?
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 12:41 PM   #5
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

You'd have to think double hard if you were to trade for Francis. This is one guy that isn't afraid to tank games to make a point. Orlando was moving along at a nice clip last year and then traded Mobley because they weren't going to re-sign him. It was the right thing to do but Stevie got took it wrong and decided to not give it his all. Orlando's season then tanked. He's the kind of guy that needs to be thrown out of the league and never allowed to play again. Unfortunately, since he is such a good player somebody always will cave in to him. Personally, I just can't see ever giving one red cent to guys who are quitters or who throw games. It really makes us "working stiffs" want to never watch another NBA game again.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 07:22 PM   #6
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I really want Pierce/Raef or Pierce/Blount

I'm just throwing some names out there..

How about:
Fin/Stack/KVH for either Pierce/Raef or Pierce/Blount
Devin/Fin/KVH?
Devin/Stack/KVH?
or add picks? and/or money?

someone please help me..

IMO, a JT/Pierce/JoshHoward/Dirk/Damp lineup would put us over the top

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 09:37 PM   #7
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hard to argue, if you have the proper backups that this wouldn't be a very good lineup. I don't think it makes you dominant, but definately puts you in contention.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 11:16 PM   #8
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202
Quote:
Hard to argue, if you have the proper backups that this wouldn't be a very good lineup. I don't think it makes you dominant, but definately puts you in contention.
With that lineup, I'm sure you will have either Raef/Blount being your backup 4/5 and Marquis being your backup 1/2. We would probably need a 3 because we would be probably losing stack and/or fin and/or kvh. Still an amazing squad.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 09:24 PM   #9
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

We wish. I don't see Boston trading Pierce without getting more than Francis and Pavel back. But worse trades have happened.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote