Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 12-30-2005, 10:32 AM   #1
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default Kobe makes more Friends

http://www.nypost.com/sports/59690.htm

A source revealed (and another confirmed) things got mighty testy between Kobe and Odom moments after Bryant committed a critical turnover with about five seconds remaining on the game clock. Immediately, Kobe pinned the blame on Lamar for supposedly botching a pick-and-roll designed to stalemate the game with a 3-pointer. As the pair got closer to the Lakers' dressing room, Kobe became more uncouth and Odom, who squared off with the Heat's Gary Payton after Miami's Christmas Day win, answered in kind. That's when Kobe went after Odom. In doing so, he kicked over the lights and a chair holding the TV monitor. Kobe's security force of two quickly intervened and separated the pair.

In the locker room they again exchanged heated words and challenges. The tension was so intense one of the security guys accompanied Odom to the back of the charter bus and sat nearby on the trip to the airport while the other sat in the front with Kobe, the last member of the Lakers to board.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2005, 11:27 AM   #2
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder where Odom ends up?
Old 12-30-2005, 11:30 AM   #3
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Oh great.... here come the trade threads to get Odom in Dallas.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:36 AM   #4
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
I wonder if he could be involved with the Artest trade? Assuming there is something to that. Artest and his agent believe something will be done within the week.

I'm surprised there wasn't more talk about Kobe's elbow to Mike Miller's face around here. Or maybe I just missed it.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:00 PM   #5
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
i for one would LOVE to have odom here in dallas. let's trade charmin for him!
Old 12-30-2005, 12:09 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
I wonder if he could be involved with the Artest trade? Assuming there is something to that. Artest and his agent believe something will be done within the week.

I'm surprised there wasn't more talk about Kobe's elbow to Mike Miller's face around here. Or maybe I just missed it.
It's just typical MFF... Everyone knows the rapist can elbow anyone and still get a foul called on them. Also even though the rapist has publicly admitted going after Millers head in retaliation nothing is being done by the NBA. Typical, it becomes a joke. And the NBA is one in this instance.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 12:44 PM   #7
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
It's just typical MFF... Everyone knows the rapist can elbow anyone and still get a foul called on them. Also even though the rapist has publicly admitted going after Millers head in retaliation nothing is being done by the NBA. Typical, it becomes a joke. And the NBA is one in this instance.
He did admit it. From the AP story after the game:

Quote:
Bryant, gashed over his left eye in the second quarter when Miller pushed him in the face with his hand while driving, had three stitches to close the cut.

Bryant was called for a flagrant foul with 8:24 to play for elbowing Miller in the face as Miller drove again.

"Any player that was going to come down the lane at that point in time, I was going to let him know that he just can't walk through there," Bryant said. "I think we as a team have to do a better job of establishing that. And me, as a leader of the ballclub, I've got to take the initiative to do that -- and hopefully, everybody will see that.

"This being our home court, people come here and think it's Hollywood and all sorts of stuff, so they think they'll come down (the lane) and look pretty and shoot jump shots and dunk the ball and finger-roll the ball and do all sorts of cute stuff. And we've got to stop that."
Old 12-30-2005, 12:46 PM   #8
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

As for Odom, I'd love to have him at the right price, but what is that price? They're not going to give him to you for Van Horn, and frankly I doubt Cuban takes on that kind of contract.

As I was typing this, I noticed that ESPN is now reporting that the Lakers have told Odom he hasn't been included in any trade offers for Artest. I'm sure Lamar is overjoyed to hear that he's probably staying in LA.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:35 PM   #9
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

If the foul against Dirk is ruled a flagrant, then that would be 2 for Kobe and does that mean he would be suspended for a game?
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:37 PM   #10
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

There is a good rule of thumb: if you dont get along with one person, it could be either person or maybe just a difference of opinion; two people can be the same thing; if its multiple people, the problem is probably you.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:59 PM   #11
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber
If the foul against Dirk is ruled a flagrant, then that would be 2 for Kobe and does that mean he would be suspended for a game?
A flagrant 1 is worth 1 point. A flagrant 2 is worth 2 points. You are allowed a certain number of points before you are suspended - 5 or 6. I don't remember the rules exactly, but its something close to that.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 02:05 PM   #12
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

A flagrant 2 is an automatic suspension isnt it, and then when you get up to 5 or 6 points, it is a suspension for every flagrant after that, I think.

Anyway, I doubt anything will come of it.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 12-30-2005 at 02:07 PM.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:19 PM   #13
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange
i for one would LOVE to have odom here in dallas. let's trade charmin for him!
If you are talking about Kitten.... I'm in!!!!
Old 12-30-2005, 02:31 PM   #14
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
A flagrant 2 is an automatic suspension isnt it, and then when you get up to 5 or 6 points, it is a suspension for every flagrant after that, I think.

Anyway, I doubt anything will come of it.
If a flagrant 2 is called during a game, its an auto ejection and fine, but not a suspension. If its called after the game, its just an auto fine. Earlier in the year Dirk's flagrant 1 againt Harping got upgraded to a flagrant 2, so Dirk has 2 points. He gets an auto one day suspension on his fifth point I believe.

I agree that the league will not do anything about Kobe's elbowing.....superstar treatment.

I'm thinking someone got suspended earlier in the season for throwing elbows around, but I'll be damned if I can remember who.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 12-30-2005 at 02:33 PM.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:34 PM   #15
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:

...and all of God's people said AMEN!

Old 12-30-2005, 02:59 PM   #16
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Kobe Bryant's elbow Wednesday night to the throat of Memphis' Mike Miller will result in a suspension from the league office to be announced Friday, ESPN.com's Marc Stein reports.

Bryant

Contact above the shoulders, when deemed to be intentional, generally results in a suspension of one or two games.

The Lakers don't play again until Sunday, when they host Utah.

Bryant sustained an inch-long cut near his left eye early in the third quarter Wednesday night after taking an elbow from a driving Miller.

The Los Angeles Times quoted Bryant as shouting, "I'll be back" as he left the court for treatment. In the fourth quarter, when Miller drove down the lane, Bryant drilled Miller with an elbow to the chin, earning a flagrant foul.

"Any player that was going to come down the lane at that particular time, I was going to let them know that they just can't walk through here," Bryant told reporters after the game. "I think we as a team have to do a better job of establishing that, and me as the leader of the ballclub, I have to take initiative to do that.

"Hopefully everybody else will see that, especially this being our home court. People come here and think it's Hollywood and all this other stuff, and they'll come down and look pretty and shoot jump shots and dunk the ball and stand over the ball and all this other cute stuff. We've got to stop that."

Any game Bryant misses through suspension would cost him $144,971.59 in salary.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 03:06 PM   #17
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

Quote:
i think i like the nickname charmin better.

b/c he's soft and players from the opposing team wipe their ass with him game after game.

Last edited by aexchange; 12-30-2005 at 03:06 PM.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:28 PM   #18
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent...Now everyone else needs to put the rapist on his butt so he can lose it some more.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 12-30-2005, 03:43 PM   #19
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange
i think i like the nickname charmin better.

b/c he's soft and players from the opposing team wipe their ass with him game after game.
I like Kitten more since there are posters who insist on calling him "Killer". The only time KVH kills anything is when he plays in the last few minutes of games - then he kills Mavs wins.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 04:06 PM   #20
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

He was a Killer for this team last spring, at least until Stackhouse came back and then he got hurt early on in the playoffs.

The truth is, he's playing hurt (he injured his right hand earlier in the season) and/or he's not able to adapt to Avery's offensive system. That, and he does shrivel up under pressure.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:16 PM   #21
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Bryant suspended two games for elbow

Kobe Bryant

Associated Press
12/30/2005 3:58:45 PM
NEW YORK (AP) - Kobe Bryant was suspended for two games without pay Friday for elbowing Mike Miller of the Memphis Grizzlies in the throat.

During Wednesday's 101-99 loss to Memphis, the Lakers guard was called for a flagrant foul with 8:24 to play for elbowing Miller.

After the game, Bryant was unapologetic. He had been gashed over his left eye in the second quarter when Miller pushed him in the face with his hand; the cut required three stitches.

"Any player that was going to come down the lane at that point in time, I was going to let him know that he just can't walk through there," Bryant said. "I think we as a team have to do a better job of establishing that. And me, as a leader of the ballclub, I've got to take the initiative to do that - and hopefully, everybody will see that.

"This being our home court, people come here and think it's Hollywood and all sorts of stuff, so they think they'll come down (the lane) and look pretty and shoot jump shots and dunk the ball and finger-roll the ball and do all sorts of cute stuff. And we've got to stop that."

Bryant is scheduled to serve his suspension Sunday, when the Lakers host Utah, and Tuesday, when Los Angeles plays at the Jazz.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 04:20 PM   #22
dude1394
Guru

The lakers fans are going ballistic talking about where is Josh's suspension. Hah...It's because he's not an idiot prima-donna like the rapist.

That being said, I still wish he would have been planted on his butt a few more or 10 times.

Last edited by dude1394; 12-30-2005 at 04:20 PM.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:04 PM   #23
mary
Troll Hunter

sweet! Props to Stern.

Last edited by mary; 12-30-2005 at 05:05 PM.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:38 PM   #24
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
The lakers fans are going ballistic talking about where is Josh's suspension. Hah...It's because he's not an idiot prima-donna like the rapist.

That being said, I still wish he would have been planted on his butt a few more or 10 times.
i personally would have chipped in any money howard might have missed if he got suspended for trying to block kobe's shot

in all seriousness though, kobe needs to be beaten down like a government rented mule.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:18 PM   #25
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
"Very surprised. Shocked, actually. Very, very surprised," Bryant said after practice Friday. "Angry and frustrated. I've been hit with a couple of flagrant fouls already this year. I've been hit with a clothesline and no suspensions come of that. And I get two games for this?"

Bryant said his postgame comments were "no different than what everybody else says."

"Somebody comes down the lane, you've got to hit him," he said Friday. "You can't let them come down the lane and just finger roll and get easy baskets. Nothing to hurt anybody like that. That's just basic NBA basketball."

Bryant also said he didn't think the elbow from Miller was intentional.

"You look at the replay, my face was nowhere near him," Bryant said. "My face was nowhere near his arm.

"I wish I could go back in time and take that foul back knowing what I know now, getting two games for it. But no way in my mind did I think it was going to be a suspension for something like that. No way."

Lakers coach Phil Jackson said he thought Bryant's postgame comments were a factor in the suspension.

"I think that contributed to it somewhat," Jackson said. "So we live with that decision."

Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak took issue with the suspension.

"We understand that the league has a job to do in enforcing disciplinary action, but we disagree with and are disappointed with their ruling," Kupchak said in a statement.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2275494
Do you get the feeling that Kobe believes he is "above the law" so to speak, or maybe he just possesses a gargantuan sense of entitlement and self-importance.. Hmmmm...I wonder if that has manifested itself before. Duh..........

Last edited by mary; 12-30-2005 at 11:41 PM.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:29 PM   #26
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly...he is.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 11:46 PM   #27
dude1394
Guru

The lakers management are enablers all. They will deserve all of the hell they will get from the rapist.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:48 PM   #28
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
"I wish I could go back in time and take that foul back knowing what I know now, getting two games for it. But no way in my mind did I think it was going to be a suspension for something like that. No way."
Regrets...he's had a few.

Old 12-31-2005, 02:38 AM   #29
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

kobe is a dog crap smoking meaningless piece of amphibian sh*t.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 05:36 PM   #30
dude1394
Guru

Nice shot josh...

Old 01-03-2006, 09:07 PM   #31
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

nice to see that he cares about sneeze hygiene even if Kobe doesnt.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:00 AM   #32
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

DJ was about to eat that shot up =]

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 05:23 PM   #33
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

The refs not tossing Kobe durring the game actually cost Kobe an extra game. Kobe should have just stfu instead of pretending it was about protecting the lane.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote