Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 09-16-2004, 11:07 AM   #1
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 4 -team trade

Dallas trades: PF Alan Henderson (4.0 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.3 apg in 11.3 minutes)
SF Jerry Stackhouse (13.9 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 4.0 apg in 29.8 minutes)
PG Dan Dickau (2.2 ppg, 0.6 rpg, 0.9 apg in 6.8 minutes)
Dallas receives: SF Vince Carter (22.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 4.8 apg in 38.1 minutes)
PF Jerome Moiso (2.9 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.2 apg in 11.9 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +5.3 ppg, +0.3 rpg, and -0.2 apg.

Toronto trades: SF Vince Carter (22.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 4.8 apg in 38.1 minutes)
PF Jerome Moiso (2.9 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.2 apg in 11.9 minutes)
Toronto receives: PG Jason Kidd (15.5 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 9.2 apg in 67 games)
Change in team outlook: -9.9 ppg, -1.6 rpg, and +4.2 apg.

New Jersey trades: PG Jason Kidd (15.5 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 9.2 apg in 36.5 minutes)
New Jersey receives: PG Dan Dickau (2.2 ppg, 0.6 rpg, 0.9 apg in 43 games)
PF Shareef Abdur-Rahim (16.3 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 2.0 apg in 85 games)
Change in team outlook: +3.0 ppg, +1.7 rpg, and -6.3 apg.

Portland trades: PF Shareef Abdur-Rahim (16.3 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 2.0 apg in 31.6 minutes)
Portland receives: PF Alan Henderson (4.0 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.3 apg in 6 games)
SF Jerry Stackhouse (13.9 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 4.0 apg in 26 games)
Change in team outlook: +1.6 ppg, -0.4 rpg, and +2.3 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Just my thoughts (man this offseason is long, when I am coming up with this junk):

Dallas - gets a true SF and a backup PF
NJ- moves Kidd's contract and gets a young PG and a PF
Port - moves SAR for a backup PF with expiring contract, and a scorer
Tor - moves VC and still gets a superstar in return to sell tickets.

What do you think, and why? ?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2004, 11:15 AM   #2
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road
Default RE:4 -team trade

I personally dont see a four-way deal going down with Kidd, Shaeef, and Vince involved. That is just too many contracts.. and also I dont think that Toront o really wants to get rid of Carter and the mavs dont want him. I do, however think that there are ways for the mavs to get involved in the Kidd/sharreef deal. Dickau is a good way, because he is a low priced PG that NJ can get for a second-round pick. If they trade Kidd, they will need some PG help. They recived a 9.6mil dollar TE for Kerry Kittles, maybe they can 1 million of that to us for Dickau in exchange for a second rounder.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 11:19 AM   #3
fin4life

Quote:
Originally posted by: fin4life
I personally dont see a four-way deal going down with Kidd, Shaeef, and Vince involved. That is just too many contracts.. and also I dont think that Toront o really wants to get rid of Carter and the mavs dont want him. I do, however think that there are ways for the mavs to get involved in the Kidd/sharreef deal. Dickau is a good way, because he is a low priced PG that NJ can get for a second-round pick. If they trade Kidd, they will need some PG help. They recived a 9.6mil dollar TE for Kerry Kittles, maybe they can 1 million of that to us for Dickau in exchange for a second rounder.
EDIT... I just realized that Carter demanded a trade this week, maybe this could happen
Old 09-16-2004, 12:18 PM   #4
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

no way jason kidd will go to toronto. trade declined.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 12:26 PM   #5
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: alby
no way jason kidd will go to toronto. trade declined.
Kidd and Alston at the Guards
Rose, Marshall, Mo Pete, and Bosh at the forwards
Center needed badly......rookie -- Araujo would be my guess...........

Outside of needing a Center, they wouldn't be bad at all.

You are probably correct though.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 09-16-2004, 12:31 PM   #6
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

if he couldnt get it done with kittles, rj, and kmart.. then that toronto lineup wouldnt even stand a chance.. plus, in the east nowadays.. you definitely MUST have a center

Contact Me
Old 09-16-2004, 12:54 PM   #7
fin4life

At least he woulf take them to the playoffs, thats mor than Carter can say.

Plus... Kidd too NJ to the finals twice, that is pretty much "getting it done". There was not way that they were gunna beat the lakers/spurs without a great center
Old 09-16-2004, 12:57 PM   #8
alby
Guru

winning a nba title is pretty much getting done, why else would kidd only want to be traded for the contenders in the west..

Contact Me
Old 09-16-2004, 01:05 PM   #9
fin4life

You are right... winning it all is the ultimate goal. But I think Kidd took NJ as far as they possible could have gone
Old 09-16-2004, 01:08 PM   #10
alby
Guru

true, i was just backing up my opinion that there is no way he would accept moving his family to canada and playing for the raptors =]

Contact Me
Old 09-16-2004, 01:12 PM   #11
fin4life

I pretty much have the same opinion... there is no way he goes to toronto. I am jusy saying that he would help that team get to the playoffs and possibly advance
Old 09-16-2004, 01:16 PM   #12
alby
Guru

kidd to minnesota is still scaring the crap out of me

Contact Me
Old 09-16-2004, 01:35 PM   #13
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
kidd to minnesota is still scaring the crap out of me
I actually hope he goes. He costs lots more than Cassell, and is on the way down. Also, he is not as good offensively as Cassell. Let's hope the Kidd to Minny does happen. That will cap strap them for lots of years with KG and Kidd.

Old 09-16-2004, 02:41 PM   #14
alby
Guru

kidd playing alongside kg will only prolong jkidds career and effectiveness.. and he is younger than cassell..

Contact Me
Old 09-16-2004, 02:41 PM   #15
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 4 -team trade

*sigh*....can't we just leave 'em like they are for a while?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 03:05 PM   #16
alby
Guru

just a little worried.. other than peja or ak, i am happy with our team right now and like i said, i hope we dont make any bonehead moves RIGHT before the season begins

Contact Me
Old 09-16-2004, 03:07 PM   #17
fin4life

we wont do any more big moves... the only reason that people are suggesting them (myself included) is because we are bored. We all know that they arent going to happen, they are jsut fun to talk about
Old 09-16-2004, 03:11 PM   #18
alby
Guru

i hear yah.. what a long summer =\

Contact Me
Old 09-16-2004, 03:31 PM   #19
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
we wont do any more big moves... the only reason that people are suggesting them (myself included) is because we are bored. We all know that they arent going to happen, they are jsut fun to talk about
Bingo..........just nothing left to talk about.

I am with Alby........if Peja, or AK isn't available --- let me add two more Artest, VC............then let's go into the season with what we have right now. But please keep coming up with trades, this place has become a ghost town of nothing to talk about.

Old 09-16-2004, 06:00 PM   #20
alby
Guru

artest maybe.. vc is a no go for me

Contact Me
Old 09-16-2004, 06:11 PM   #21
fin4life

Quote:
I agree
Old 09-19-2004, 03:44 PM   #22
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
I agree
Man no love for VC. Ok, I can be convinced that he should be taken off that list.

Old 09-19-2004, 04:28 PM   #23
poohrichardson

poohrichardson is on a distinguished road

I'm still playing "wait and see" as far as Kidd goes.. the reality of the situation is nobody here has a fucking clue how exactly Kidd will play when he returns.
poohrichardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 07:45 PM   #24
alby
Guru

exactly, too big of a risk for me.. be content with the 'greatest team on paper since ive been here' team =]

Contact Me
Old 09-19-2004, 07:54 PM   #25
fin4life

Quote:
Originally posted by: poohrichardson
I'm still playing "wait and see" as far as Kidd goes.. the reality of the situation is nobody here has a fucking clue how exactly Kidd will play when he returns.
that is exactly why i dont want him. I think that jason terry is a pretty sure thing. Sure, he isnt a "true" point gaurd... but he can average 7-8 asssist with decent players around him. That is good enough for me.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:32 PM   #26
alby
Guru

true, but dont get mad at the mavs front office if jt is a bust and kidd goes on to do real well.. =] i know its a big risk to take on kidd and his injuries/contract, but in order to be successful in sports, you must take risks. dont get me wrong, i hate kidd lol, i think he is overrated and too old and i am a jason terry fan. i agree with being content with our current roster and going on from there.. i just dont like the 'what if' ramifications that may come out of this lost opportunity..

Contact Me
Old 09-21-2004, 07:47 PM   #27
fin4life

I think the mavs have already taken their risk for the year (dampier)