Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 09-27-2004, 11:54 AM   #1
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road
Default Seattle/Portland idea

I was just randomly wondering...would both teams agree to this? I don't know if these salaries match.

PF Shareef Abdur-Rahim
PG Damon Stoudamire

for

SG Ray Allen
PF Danny Fortson

Van Exel/Telfair
Allen/Anderson
Miles/Patterson
Randolph/Fortson
Ratliff/whoever

Stoudamire/Daniels
Murray/whoever
Lewis/Radmanovich
Abdur-Rahim/Collison
James/R. Swift

I think the Blazers do this in a split second...but I think Seattle holds off.

either way, both teams benefit...Stoudamire and Shareef both expire, and Allen does as well and wants a max contract. Portland gets someone to back up Randolph with Shareef leaving, and Seattle gets one of the best point guard duos in the league...and with Allen gone, Murray gets his minutes that he rightfully deserves.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:35 PM   #2
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Seattle/Portland idea

Ray Allen is the best player, so I don't know if Seattle pulls the trigger or not. Can they sign Ray, and get SAR when he becomes a free agent? Seattle doesn't look near so bad if they can pull that one off. Allen/Randolf wouldn't be bad for Portland either.

I think Seattle keeps Allen, and signs him to an extension if they can....if not, then good trade for both.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 12:42 PM   #3
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

it just looks to me like Murray is their SG of the future...he's cheap, and in his limited minutes, he produced very well. Allen wants a max out contract (which he isn't worth, with a quality guy like Murray for cheap)...Portland, on the other hand, would hand that contract out to Allen, since they haven't had a SG since Clyde.

Seattle hasn't had a point guard or a frontline in years...and I think this solidifies both needs for now. Reef, Lewis and James (and Swift) is pretty dang nasty.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:16 PM   #4
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road

not a bad idea. The salaries dont work, and it leaves seatle without any depth at SG. Maybe portland gives up rueban patterson or quentel woods to help seatle out.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 03:05 PM   #5
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

It seems like a logical deal for both sides. Seattle has needed a powerforward since Shawn Kemp went to the bucks. And the trailblazers need a star shooting guard. Trailblazers definitely don't need a malcontent sitting on the bench.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote