Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 09-27-2004, 02:17 PM   #1
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dal/Ind

Dallas trades: PF Alan Henderson (4.0 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.3 apg in 11.3 minutes)
C Shawn Bradley (3.3 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.3 apg in 11.7 minutes)
PG Dan Dickau (2.2 ppg, 0.6 rpg, 0.9 apg in 6.8 minutes)
Dallas receives: SF Jonathan Bender (7.0 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 12.9 minutes)
C Scot Pollard (1.7 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.2 apg in 11.1 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -0.8 ppg, -2.1 rpg, and -0.9 apg.

Indiana trades: SF Jonathan Bender (7.0 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 12.9 minutes)
C Scot Pollard (1.7 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.2 apg in 11.1 minutes)
Indiana receives: PF Alan Henderson (4.0 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.3 apg in 6 games)
C Shawn Bradley (3.3 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.3 apg in 66 games)
PG Dan Dickau (2.2 ppg, 0.6 rpg, 0.9 apg in 43 games)
Change in team outlook: +0.8 ppg, +2.1 rpg, and +0.9 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Do Dallas do it? Does Indiana? Why?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2004, 05:19 PM   #2
seal614

seal614 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Dal/Ind

good for Dallas, bad for Indy.

They will not give up Bender for that collection of.... players?

- Brian
seal614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 06:21 PM   #3
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

puppy, let the trades die.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 08:11 AM   #4
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Dal/Ind

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
puppy, let the trades die.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Na, They give me something to think about, without having to argue with people. People seem more civil when talking trades, than when talking politics, etc.

Back to the trade......
Reason I think that Indy might consider it (not that I think it will happen).
Artest is their SF. They want to move Pollard. Bradley would improve their defense.

For Dallas- they get Bender, and Pollard is the 10-12m per game backup C again.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 09-28-2004, 10:58 AM   #5
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

and who will play behind Artest? I highly doubt they want anything to do with Shawn Bradley, either...as Pollard is a better player anyways.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:10 PM   #6
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: endtroducing
and who will play behind Artest? I highly doubt they want anything to do with Shawn Bradley, either...as Pollard is a better player anyways.
Pollard better than Bradley ? ? not statistically............

Old 09-28-2004, 07:06 PM   #7
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

who cares about stats? when eddie house played at arizona state, he had amazing stats...when terry was at arizona at around the same time, I believe he was behind him in virtually every category (with the exception of assists, maybe). terry, though, was clearly better.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:20 PM   #8
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
who cares about stats?
this made me laugh.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 09-28-2004, 07:41 PM   #9
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Where is the ape when you need him!!!
Old 10-04-2004, 02:35 PM   #10
DirkNowitzski_

DirkNowitzski_ is on a distinguished road

I think Dallas needs to get rid of Bradley as fast as they can. I think Indiana might accept the trade just looking at statistics. This would be an upside to Dallas even if it wasn't statistically.
DirkNowitzski_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 02:40 PM   #11
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: DirkNowitzski_
I think Dallas needs to get rid of Bradley as fast as they can. I think Indiana might accept the trade just looking at statistics. This would be an upside to Dallas even if it wasn't statistically.
*sigh*.......welcome to Dallas-Mavs.com

Old 10-04-2004, 07:12 PM   #12
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

hahahha

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 03:47 PM   #13
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
and who will play behind Artest?
Stephen Jackson, or Austin Croshere
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 04:38 PM   #14
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Pollard is terrible. If you want a center who can't score, rebound, or block shots, he's your man. Doesn't anyone remember Raef raping him over and over again in the playoffs a couple years ago? I don't understand how this guy has aquired the reputation he has. He's just... not very good.

I would say that the Pacers would be insane to give up Bender for that package, but I think they were insane to trade Harrington for Jackson. Speaking of Jackson, the man has to start right? You don't trade a blossoming star like Harrington for someone you plan on sitting on the bench. Jackson will start and play 30-40 minutes, as will Artest. Miller, Fred Jones, and Austin Croshere will fill in time behind them.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote