Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 10-15-2004, 10:12 AM   #1
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road
Default Dallas/Houston idea...

I don't want to trade Stack, but if we did...I think this might be the best deal out there. (not totally sure on salaries)

Jerry Stackhouse
Dan Dickau

for

Clarence Weatherspoon
Jim Jackson

we get help at PF, and some added defense and rebounding at SF. this deal would probably help Houston way too much, but I think we'd be benefited a lot as well...

Rockets:
Ward/Lue
McGrady/Sura
Stackhouse/Padgett
Howard/Taylor
Yao/Mutombo

Mavericks:
Terry/Harris
Daniels/Howard
Finley/Jackson
Nowitzki/Weatherspoon
Dampier/Booth

just an idea if they're giving up Stackhouse. which I hope they won't...but Howard could be a really effective sixth man.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:05 PM   #2
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Dallas/Houston idea...

Giving up an all-star type player for a has been and a never was ? ? ?

<edit>

It is an idea at least. I don't think a very good one, but something to think about.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 09:45 AM   #3
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Yeah I don't think this would fly too well with the Mavs management...or fans. Jimmy Jackson is 34 and getting close to those last legs (he might have another 2-3 productive seasons, minus injuries); also, he's been traded around ALOT (do we really want to be his 10th team in 8 years?) which makes me think there might be Something wrong with him...dunno what though. I think Stackhouse is a legitimate commodity, he can score in bunches off the bench and if he's serious about this 6th man thing then I think he's going to be a force to deal with. Imagine him on the court when the other team fields its bench players? Clarence Weatherspoon...ergh...I really have to get on you for this one man. Back on the Knicks, Weatherspoon was a non-commodity and they unloaded him as soon as they could. A PF in a squat 6'7 SG body? And he's 34 as well. Stack is 30 and had last season to rehab and get healthy, and I think he could be even more effective than Jamison off the bench last year since he's more of a pure scorer. Dickau is...well the only memory I have of Dickau is during some sort of College 3 pt. contest and he was talking trash about how all the players could go home cause he was a dead-eye shooter...then he promptly lost in the first round.

Keep'em coming end, us MFFL have to have something to do before the season starts...
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 01:04 PM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Dallas/Houston idea...

Quote:
I don't want to trade Stack, but if we did...
I don't want to trade the trade and draft board, but if we did....I would except nothing less than a carton of rotten eggs...a two legged dog named bumpper, and a box of bent and rusty nails....and even then I would have to think about it.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 09:50 PM   #5
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

yeah I don't really like the deal either. but if the deadline comes up and it's clear he has to go, getting us a backup PF and another SF wouldn't hurt.