Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-11-2005, 12:55 AM   #1
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fortson tonight

Anyone watching?

He and Webber just got entangled in the 4th quarter - its a 2 point game. They got double Techs, and Fortson got in Webber's face AGAIN when they were about to line up under the basket. He also may have made contact with an official. After being tossed, he's walking towards the tunnel and flings a chair. Had a teammate not caught it, it would've clearly struck this poor guy sitting on the floor - i'm guessing an equipment guy or something.

This guy has definitely got a multiple game suspension coming.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2005, 12:58 AM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Fortson tonight

What a thug. As much as I hate Webber, Fortson is classless.

Another imbalanced player like our favorite Pacer who doesn't realize that it is a priviledge to play in the NBA that only a handful of basketball players in the entire world get. He needs to realize that.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 01:03 AM   #3
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thinking there's a good chance now he will not play on Sunday - just speculation on my part. I wouldn't mind - he honestly makes me nervous.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 02-11-2005, 01:07 AM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

If he gets any less than 7 games for creating contact with an official and throwing a chair at a fan, then I will have lost the rest of my respect for the NBA.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:08 AM   #5
mary
Troll Hunter

Default RE:Fortson tonight

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
What a thug. As much as I hate Webber, Fortson is classless.

Another imbalanced player like our favorite Pacer who doesn't realize that it is a priviledge to play in the NBA that only a handful of basketball players in the entire world get. He needs to realize that.
Yep, and like Artest, Fortson has a pattern of disturbing behavior. Perhaps Stern should address this before he seriously hurts someone....well, AGAIN anyway.

Old 02-11-2005, 01:15 AM   #6
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

Quote:
If he gets any less than 7 games for creating contact with an official and throwing a chair at a fan, then I will have lost the rest of my respect for the NBA.
did you see the play? honestly, i didn't think what he did was worth a 7 game suspension. sure, he should get suspended, but seven games seems too harsh. of course, in the post-fight nba, i guess you could be right.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:19 AM   #7
mary
Troll Hunter

I think if he would've just walked off the court without incident he MAY have gotten 1 game tops, perhaps just the usual fine. But the League is not going to overlook the chair flinging or treat it lightly - even though nobody got hit. Heck, Brad Miller got a game for flinging a lousy headband.

Old 02-11-2005, 01:26 AM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

hang them up. Thats all I can say.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:44 AM   #9
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Bake the potato for about 20 mins., er, games... Man, I'm getting tired of all the negative crap on and off court that NBA players are doing these days... Makes you glad the Mavs have such stand up guys.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:51 AM   #10
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mandyahl
Quote:
did you see the play? honestly, i didn't think what he did was worth a 7 game suspension. sure, he should get suspended, but seven games seems too harsh. of course, in the post-fight nba, i guess you could be right.
If James hadnt been there, the leg of a metal chair would have hit a fan in the face who was completely innocent.

1-3 games for pushing the ref alone.

You dont think he deserves at least 7 games off?
Old 02-11-2005, 12:21 PM   #11
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

stren is a idiot. He fines & suspens like its going out of style. 2 games should of been the max. They fine you when you speak out against the refs after games, or in your blos webpages, etc,etc. This is getting out of hand.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:36 PM   #12
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

So because Stern fined people like Mark Cuban, he shouldn't punish Fortson for creating contact with an official and tossing a chair that could have seriously injured a fan? That is just plain stupid. 2 games for a guy that threw a chair at a fan? Players have gotten worse punishments for swearing.

BTW other than the Mark Cuban fines, which suspensions are you actually talking about that are out of hand? Artest? Jermaine O'Neal? Stephen Jackson? If you are talking about the most recent Stephen Jackson suspension and the Brad Miller suspension, it is standard practice to suspend players for one game for activities at the end of games that would have resulted in a technical.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:50 PM   #13
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Fortson suspended for two games

February 11, 2005

NEW YORK (AP) -- Seattle forward Danny Fortson was suspended for two games by the NBA on Friday for yelling at a referee, throwing a chair and not leaving the court promptly following his ejection during a victory over Sacramento.

He was to miss Friday's game against Phoenix and Sunday's game against Dallas.

Fortson was ejected with 7:09 left in Thursday night's game. He skirmished with Chris Webber after fouling him hard, and both players were assessed technicals. It was Fortson's third ejection this season.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:06 PM   #14
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Pathetic punishment, IMO.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:12 PM   #15
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree toad.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 05:37 PM   #16
mary
Troll Hunter

wow...i'm shocked

Old 02-11-2005, 06:02 PM   #17
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Well at least we won't have to risk any of our players to his "untamed" play.
Old 02-11-2005, 06:08 PM   #18
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

He deserved way more than 2 but I'm glad he won't play against us Sunday.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 06:24 PM   #19
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

anyone here need a tissue? Hell call oprah, there is so much crying in here. 2 games is just, not to much not to little, chill.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:09 PM   #20
irontoad
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: vinnieponte
anyone here need a tissue? Hell call oprah, there is so much crying in here. 2 games is just, not to much not to little, chill.
I was thinking about it, and maybe Oprah could actually have some sway in getting Fortson to be suspended longer... Oprah could contact her long lost twin (NVE), then Nick could tell Stern to F'em (meaning Fortson), thus possibly increasing Forton's suspension. Or maybe I've just had too much sugar today...
Old 02-11-2005, 07:30 PM   #21
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

no more sugar for you! It's past 3pm and no talking about the big "o"
Old 02-11-2005, 09:18 PM   #22
irontoad
Golden Member

Quote:
and no talking about the big "o"
Yeah, tell my wife that... there's just no satisfying that woman...

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2005, 05:20 PM   #23
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Sonics backup PF/C Danny Fortson turns problematic in the midst of playoff push

Authored by Jason Schwisow
28th March, 2005 - 12:49 pm

As the astonishing Seattle Supersonics have seemingly rolled through all comers, the slew of scintillating surprises has been seemingly endless. The emergence of Rashard Lewis as an All Star. The floor general tandem of Luke Ridnour and Antonio Daniels. The surfacing of Reggie Evans as arguably the best rebounder in the game.

However, no surprise was likely greater than the quick emergence of Danny Fortson as an energizing low post presence off the bench.

After disappointing season with the Dallas Mavericks, the Mavs moved Fortson for a handful of beans with a bad contract otherwise known as Calvin Booth. Traded for the sixth time in his career, the expectations for Fortson were generally low given his less than stellar reputation.

A big body with a low center of gravity that can make life hell for an opposing player trying to establish position in the post, Fortson has impressed by being an aggressor and by giving the Sonics a little swagger in the front court that hasn’t been seen in years.

When playing at his best, in the first few months of the season Fortson put up numbers that rivaled those of famed enforcers like Rick Mahorn and Charles Oakley.

Yet with the good has come a little bad. Too often Danny’s on court performance devolves solely to applying hard fouls and his off court performance consists of the hard to rationalize.

First, there was an impromptu chair tossing following an ejection against the Sacramento Kings. While the toss was impressive in its ease, the act was surprisingly frowned upon by the powers that be and Fortson was suspended for two games.

Following the suspension, Fortson took off a large amount to be with his ailing grandmother. A noble gesture, but prolonged to the point that “his absence [was] beginning to raise some eyebrows around the team” wrote Frank Hughes of The News Tribune.

Not long after returning from his leave of absence, Fortson was sent home early by coach Nate McMillan after an argument in practice which turned into a one game suspension at management’s behest.

After returning to action again, Fortson had a six fouls in six minutes display against the Bulls that earned him a spot in the history ledger for the fourth-fastest disqualification in league history.

Following the Bulls game, he sat out a couple more games with a sprained ankle.

And now, the most recent impetus for concern, a “DNP-CD” earned by a not so fashionably late appearance at a pre-game shoot around. His third such display of tardiness this season, Fortson was relegated to the end of the bench by McMillan, then compounded the problem by initially refusing to come out with the team at halftime during the Friday’s match up against the Knicks.

Fortson’s response? According to Saturday’s edition of the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, a rather glib dismissal of the incident as "one of Nate's million rules that I can't seem to follow."

“Ain’t nothing changed with me,” Fortson later said as reported by Frank Hughes of The News Tribune. “I’m still the same person. It seems like whenever negativity comes around, somehow my name gets involved in it. I don’t understand.”

The Sonics’ response? Another one game suspension handed down by management, and a plan to leave Fortson at home as the Sonics travel to San Antonio and Memphis so he can reportedly rest his ankle.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:23 PM   #24
Drbio
Banned

If nothing else, I am grateful to Cal Booth for being the cog that jettisoned Fortson and brought in Keith Van Badass.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:52 PM   #25
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I read somewhere else that Fortson refused to come into a game because "he wasn't ready." What a headcase.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 06:41 PM   #26
Phil Helmuth

Phil Helmuth is on a distinguished road

what a fat piece of garbage.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:43 PM   #27
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Fortson is the answer to some very interesting D-M forum trivia....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 10:07 PM   #28
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

"yes, sike, i'll take basketball spares for $1000 please."

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Fortson is the answer to some very interesting D-M forum trivia....
who is basketball jonesssssssssssssss favorite player?
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 05:55 PM   #29
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

KVB for this loser? How good is that trade looking right now?
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 06:33 PM   #30
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Dang, that's right......... Fortson for KVBadass. Wow, and our GM doesn't ever get considerations for GM of the year or something?
Old 03-29-2005, 07:26 PM   #31
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally posted by: bernardos70
Dang, that's right......... Fortson for KVBadass. Wow, and our GM doesn't ever get considerations for GM of the year or something?

Or at least a hug...

Old 10-19-2005, 03:00 PM   #32
mary
Troll Hunter

Fortson Grows Tired Of "Tattletale" Tactics
19th October, 2005 - 6:52 am
Seattle Times - With the television cameras rolling, Danny Fortson said all the right things yesterday about his return to the basketball court.

The nagging right turf toe still caused him discomfort, but he was managing. The stomach virus that forced him to miss Sunday's game against the Houston Rockets in Laredo, Texas, had passed. He was happy to be playing again and eager to make his preseason debut tonight against the Los Angeles Clippers at KeyArena.

Away from the media horde, the much-maligned Sonics power forward challenged critics. Fortson has been the target of criticism from current and former teammates who have grown tired of his on- and off-the-court antics and believe he had exaggerated the severity of his injury.

"Come to me as a man," Fortson said. "If you have a problem with me, come say something. Don't go to the newspaper like some little girl. That's something my little daughter does. She's a tattletale right now and I'm trying to teach her not to be a tattletale.

"I think somebody on this team might have girlish characteristics that need to be turned into a man. Because if we're going to win, we need warriors. We don't need girls. Girls are for the dance team."

Last week, a Sonics player who requested anonymity told The Seattle Times: "At some point in time, we're going to have to figure out if we're going to have two sets of rules on this team. One for Danny and one for everybody else."

The comment and a remark from ex-Sonic Antonio Daniels irked Fortson, who questioned if the tight-knit Sonics are as close as many believe.

"I pick up the damn paper and I see that and I'm like, which Sonics player [said] that," he said. "I don't care if he's the captain, bench player, high-class, middle-class, lower-class, be a man and quit being a little girl. If you got something to say or if you don't like Danny Fortson, pull Danny Fortson aside and say something.

"They're ain't no two sets of rules for Danny Fortson. Danny Fortson has been fined more than probably anybody in this league."

Old 10-19-2005, 03:56 PM   #33
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Danny Fortson *yawn*

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 04:00 PM   #34
DwD

DwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
We don't need girls. Girls are for the dance team.
What a sexist pig!

Old 10-19-2005, 05:11 PM   #35
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

u2sarajevo hates it when players talk about themselves in third person. u2sarajevo really wishes that would stop.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:41 PM   #36
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Heh. As if he should comment with his pigtails.

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 12:14 AM   #37
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

He could be such an impressive player if he just shut his mouth.

Oh well, not our problem.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 12:35 AM   #38
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bayliss
Quote:
Heh. As if he should comment with his pigtails.
great line

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 08:28 PM   #39
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

AP - Seattle SuperSonics forward Danny Fortson was suspended for two games without pay Thursday for berating a referee and failing to promptly leave the court after an ejection.

The suspension began with Thursday night's game at Denver. He also will miss Saturday's home game against Memphis.

The punishment -- announced by Stu Jackson, the NBA's senior vice president basketball operations -- stemmed from Seattle's 108-95 loss at Minnesota on Wednesday night. Fortson was ejected with 7:13 remaining.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:00 PM   #40
Drbio
Banned

Danny Fortson is a retard of the highest order. He needs serious professional psychiatric assistance. The man is disturbed.

I hope he gets the help he needs.