Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 07-08-2005, 05:36 AM   #1
kriD
Platinum Member

kriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to all
Default DAL/IND involving Finley

As mentioned in a Star-Telegram article:

Dallas Trade Breakdown

Outgoing

Michael Finley
6-7 SG from Wisconsin
15.7 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 2.6 apg in 36.8 minutes

Incoming

Scot Pollard
6-11 C from Kansas
3.9 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 0.4 apg in 17.6 minutes

Reggie Miller
6-7 SG from UCLA
14.8 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 2.2 apg in 31.9 minutes

Fred Jones
6-2 SG from Oregon
10.6 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 2.5 apg in 29.4 minutes

Change in team outlook: +13.6 ppg, +5.6 rpg, and +2.5 apg.
[without Miller (retired): -1.2 ppg, +3.2 rpg, and +0.3 apg]

Indiana Trade Breakdown

Outgoing

Scot Pollard
6-11 C from Kansas
3.9 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 0.4 apg in 17.6 minutes

Reggie Miller
6-7 SG from UCLA
14.8 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 2.2 apg in 31.9 minutes

Fred Jones
6-2 SG from Oregon
10.6 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 2.5 apg in 29.4 minutes

Incoming

Michael Finley
6-7 SG from Wisconsin
15.7 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 2.6 apg in 36.8 minutes

Change in team outlook: -13.6 ppg, -5.6 rpg, and -2.5 apg.
[without Miller (retired): +1.2 ppg, -3.2 rpg, and -0.3 apg]

Successful Scenario

Due to Dallas and Indiana being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Dallas and Indiana had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
kriD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2005, 04:37 PM   #2
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: DAL/IND involving Finley

How about :
Fin and Daniels for Ron Artest, Reggie Miller, and Scott Pollard.

Indy waives Fin immediately, and get big luxury tax savings -- they get a 1/2/3 to replace Artest in MD and have swingmen of Jones, Daniels, Jackson, Bender. They probably look to move Bender for more frontcourt help, but they have Foster, Croshere, and JOneil. They also might move Bender for say Cutino Mobley.

Dallas uses the injury clause on TAW. If they were to waive KVH then they would be close to the luxury tax line, and still have the MLE to use. Pollard/Miller/Bradley would come off the books next year -- getting them even closer. They would have bird's rights on Terry. Swingmen would be Stackhouse/Howard/Artest .... Froncourt of Dirk/Damp/DJ/Pollard/PPod? PG of Terry/Harris.

Just thoughts. In one year, Dallas would be under the salary cap, and know if DJ/PPod can be the backup to Dirk/Damp. Artest/Howard/Stack would be an awesome swingman rotation. Terry/Harris at PG isn't bad. 6th man in Stack. Look to utilize the MLE on situational shooters.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 04:44 PM   #3
echo

echo is on a distinguished road
Default RE:DAL/IND involving Finley

Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202
How about :
Fin and Daniels for Ron Artest, Reggie Miller, and Scott Pollard.

Indy waives Fin immediately, and get big luxury tax savings -- they get a 1/2/3 to replace Artest in MD and have swingmen of Jones, Daniels, Jackson, Bender. They probably look to move Bender for more frontcourt help, but they have Foster, Croshere, and JOneil. They also might move Bender for say Cutino Mobley.

Dallas uses the injury clause on TAW. If they were to waive KVH then they would be close to the luxury tax line, and still have the MLE to use. Pollard/Miller/Bradley would come off the books next year -- getting them even closer. They would have bird's rights on Terry. Swingmen would be Stackhouse/Howard/Artest .... Froncourt of Dirk/Damp/DJ/Pollard/PPod? PG of Terry/Harris.

Just thoughts. In one year, Dallas would be under the salary cap, and know if DJ/PPod can be the backup to Dirk/Damp. Artest/Howard/Stack would be an awesome swingman rotation. Terry/Harris at PG isn't bad. 6th man in Stack. Look to utilize the MLE on situational shooters.
Indy can get more for Artest than Daniels. Despite Artest being a headcase, he's probably the top defensive player in the game and averages 20+ ppg. I would not be shocked to see Artest move, but I think it will be for more.

echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 04:51 PM   #4
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Indy can get more for Artest than Daniels. Despite Artest being a headcase, he's probably the top defensive player in the game and averages 20+ ppg. I would not be shocked to see Artest move, but I think it will be for more.
More, and get below luxury tax level this year ? ? ?

<edit>
and also sending him to the Western Conference

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 07-08-2005, 05:03 PM   #5
echo

echo is on a distinguished road
Default RE:DAL/IND involving Finley

Don't get me wrong, I would do that trade, but I think if Indy trades Artest they will try and get more. I've heard him mentioned in Paul Pierce deals. I bet Indy would want Howard in return, and as much as I like Artest, I'm not taking that chance.
echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 08:50 PM   #6
dalmations202
Diamond Member

How about maybe Fin - Howard - Stackhouse for Miller - Artest - Croshere?

If IND immediately cut Fin, then Howard, Stackhouse, with Oneil makes a nasty lineup.

For Dallas -- Terry, Daniels, Artest, Dirk, Damp with Croshere, KVH, Harris on the bench. Terry would get some play at the 2, and KVH at the 3.

Eh..... just another thought.....not sure I like this one because it hinges too much on Artest.