Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-08-2005, 05:00 PM   #1
giantbenmav

giantbenmav is on a distinguished road
Default Possible trade with the Wizards

The wizards look to have lost Larry Hughes to the Cavs and now are in need of a Shooting Guard ..... They are also looking to trade Kwame Brown, who possesses some skills the Mavs could use ....

what kind of trade that centers around Brown and Finley could be made?

Go MAVS!!!!
giantbenmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2005, 08:41 PM   #2
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Possible trade with the Wizards

none that I have seen, but it would basically be a 1 -1 and whatever pay match up since he isn't signed by the Wizards right now. Fin basically couldn't be it, because that would be a major overpay for Brown. Also, Jamison and Arenas are the only two making enough to get started with the Fin deal, and they aren't trading either, and Dallas doesn't need either.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 09:19 PM   #3
Pirate

Pirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to all

Finley for Brown. Hmmmmm. I dont know if that would work exactly as is, but it is close to being a very good idea.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 09:54 PM   #4
poohrichardson

poohrichardson is on a distinguished road

If it was Kwame in a short deal, I think it would be worth paying him the league max -- to save cap space in the future, if for nothing else.
poohrichardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 11:47 PM   #5
Lebanese_Fan

Lebanese_Fan is on a distinguished road

They can get crawford, and the want richardson. Both of those players are way better, way younger and way cheaper.

Uness they want stack back, I don't see a trade with them to get kwame.
Lebanese_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 12:58 AM   #6
Pirate

Pirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to all

I'm not convinced that either of those players is better than Fin - they are cheaper, but thats about it.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 02:58 AM   #7
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Only possibility I see would be a Quis/Brown deal.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:47 AM   #8
Lebanese_Fan

Default RE:Possible trade with the Wizards

Quote:
Originally posted by: Pirate
I'm not convinced that either of those players is better than Fin - they are cheaper, but thats about it.
Crawford and Richardson are better than Finley because he is on a decline. 33 year old guards don't improve their game any more. Unless its Jordan. Finley is good, but those guys are better and will stay longer in the league. If I want to choose between the 3 irrespective of salary, I will eliminate Finley immediately.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:24 PM   #9
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Supposedly the Lakers would like to trade Caron Butler and the Wiz's choice of Divac or George (or someone else, I forget) for Brown, but the Lakers only want to go two years guaranteed so that they might get in the Amare/Yao sweepstakes in '07. They will only offer a third year at a team option.

But the Wiz really need a big man in a bad way. How good is this kid Brown? Or better, how good might be able to be, in the right environment?

You would think the Wiz would be very interested in Erick Dampier. The Mavs could take a chance on Kwame and sign him to a lesser-expensive and shorter contract than Damp. Then in '08 maybe Pavel or DJ is ready to contribute. (Do we really think that we can bank on Dampier being able to contribute at a high level in '08? This is the Nash argument again, except that I suppose a case could be made that it's easier on the big guys, age. But maybe not.)

So the Mavs could get some TRUE flexibility, and maybe they hit a home run with Kwame. And maybe they can get something else out of the deal. At least a good draft pick, if there's nothing else on their roster you want.

Oh, but I want Ruffin. Give me Brown and Ruffin for Dampier, and we'll just throw a deep PF/C rotation out there.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 02:03 PM   #10
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

Chum, I usually agree with you on many things; however, I don't think trading Damp for Kwame would be a good idea for a team wanting to compete now. Kwame is still a work in progress. In 2 years, its probably a no brainer. Right now, Damp is by far the better player.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 02:17 PM   #11
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure you're right, GP. But I'm trying to think about the larger picture, as apparently the Mavs are doing. I think it makes a lot of sense in that respect. Isn't Damp's contract the only one that extends past Dirk's? Well, I guess Marquis's does, but not by a lot.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:52 PM   #12
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough

I wonder if they would bite on Marquis, Pavel, and a future first? That seems about as good as Butler/Divac.
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 08:22 PM   #13
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

If I'm making a Damp-deal with the Wizards I want Haywood as well. Not ready to chuck our starting center for a radically underachieving and unproven PF.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:04 AM   #14
Lebanese_Fan

They have haywood and etan thomas in the 4/5 rotatation.
jefrries and jamison in the 3/4 rotation.

They also are going to sign Marshall.
They also might keep ruffin, who knows.
They don't need damp. he is too slow for their running offense.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:09 AM   #15
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

they are in desperate need of a guard with the loss of larry hughes, unless they believe blake/dixon can do the job lol

just curious, where is courtney alexander nowadays im too lazy to look it up

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 10:22 AM   #16
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: grndmstr_c
If I'm making a Damp-deal with the Wizards I want Haywood as well. Not ready to chuck our starting center for a radically underachieving and unproven PF.
I'm not ready to chuck our starting two-guard for an unproven Marquis Daniels, either, but hey, such are these times.

Old 07-14-2005, 10:43 AM   #17
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
Quote:
Originally posted by: grndmstr_c
I'm not ready to chuck our starting two-guard for an unproven Marquis Daniels, either, but hey, such are these times.
Difference is we're 3 deep at the 2 and only 1 deep at the 5.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:55 PM   #18
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

brown traded to kobetown.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 11:54 PM   #19
Lebanese_Fan

Aren't the lakers fun?!?!

I hate the lakers, but i want to see lamar and especially kwame to do good cause i like those guys. Guess who i don't like on that team?!??!
Old 07-15-2005, 12:11 AM   #20
chumdawg
Guru

Well, apparently the Grizz had offered Lorenzen Wright for Brown and were turned down. I think the Wiz wanted a couple #1's or something. Not sure on those details. But the important thing is that Wright is apparently still on the trading block. I wish we could offer something that would make Memphis bite. Not sure what that would be, though. I wish even more that we would give them Damp and complete this Flexibility Movement that evidently we are moving toward, since I don't believe in doing anything halfway and I don't believe that the Mavs will be in good shape in three years if Erick Dampier is still the starting center. So...yeah...give me Wright and something else from Memphis that can, if nothing else, be used as yet another Mavericks Trading Chip--particularly since we seem short on those at the moment.