Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 01-01-2006, 09:05 PM   #41
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

The nba back then was a different animal. More teams ran. I dont have the stats to do it nor particularly know where to get them but i would ask GMC if he could look it up to the points per 100 possessions thing. The nba was just a better offensive league at the time. Of course the bulls gave up more points but the fact that it was close means that the Bulls were better defensively. Im pretty sure they were first in defensive fg% and points allowed
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2006, 09:54 PM   #42
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Ask and you shall receive, 5-0. Using the formula Pelton indexes the '96 Bulls allowed opponents to score at a rate of 102.8 pp100. The current Pistons team is giving up points at a rate of 105.6 pp100. To put those numbers in better perspective, here are the two teams' defensive rankings in the four defensive factors:

Stat-category.....Bulls.....Pistons
efg%.................6..........10
TO-rate.............5..........24
Def-Reb%..........8..........27
ft-ratio...............7..........2
Old 01-01-2006, 10:18 PM   #43
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Is TO-Rate higher number better?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 10:35 PM   #44
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Lower numbers are better.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:37 AM   #45
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

We all agree, that Bulls team is the G.O.A.T. yes?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 02:42 PM   #46
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I do. The only team I could see challenging them would be and i hate to say this, the first shaq and kobe team. Shaq was SOOOOOOOOOO dominant at that time and that is the bulls only weakness. I think that bulls team would win mainly because of jordan and i think pippen would give kobe fits. Would be fun to watch though. This pistons team loses in 5. I would say sweep but the bulls never swept people.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:56 PM   #47
Five-ofan
Guru

Oh yeah, thanks alot GMC.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:31 PM   #48
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
I would say sweep but the bulls never swept people.
The Bulls wanted to make some money for the NBA and thus added some drama during their reign =]

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 03:55 AM   #49
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

If the Kobe/Shaq Lakers, who steamrolled over everything in their path for 3 years coudldn't win 70 games, then the superstar-less Pistons damn sure won't.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 01:37 PM   #50
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

I had missed the part on the page for the Bulls stats where it had their overall defensive efficiency ranking in pp100 allowed (that's why I put up the rankings for the individual categories), but I just found it when I was looking through the Mavs' stats for 02/03. The Bulls ranked 1st that year (on both offense and defense). Knickerblogger currently has the Pistons ranked 14th in defensive pp100 (1st in offensive pp100).