Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 12-31-2005, 12:21 AM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stoudamire leaves floor on stretcher

Stoudamire leaves floor on stretcher

December 30, 2005

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- Memphis guard Damon Stoudamire was taken off the floor on a stretcher in the first half of the Grizzlies' game with the Portland Trail Blazers after losing his footing and crashing to the ground.

Stoudamire suffered a sprained right knee, said Grizzlies spokeswoman Stacey Mitch, and was being further evaluated at the Rebound Clinic in the Rose Garden Arena.

Stoudamire, a Portland native who played more than seven seasons for the Blazers, slipped while driving to the hoop with just with 4:02 left in the half and Memphis leading 45-35. He landed on his back side, staying motionless with his head buried in his arm for few minutes until being taken off the court.

Stoudamire, who signed a four-year deal with Memphis in the offseason, had four points, six rebounds and three assists in 14 minutes.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:42 AM   #2
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

According to the Grizz message board, NBA TV reported that its a Patellar Tendon Rupture.

ETA: Now reporting that he's out for the season.

Honestly, I feel for Memphis and their fans in this situation. This sucks.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 12-31-2005 at 12:55 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 01:07 AM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Really a tough break for the grizzlies. I thought stoudamire really brought a lot to the table for them. It can sure change quickly.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 02:37 AM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

ouch. That is a serious injury.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 12:27 PM   #5
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

It hurts just reading the name of the injury...... gah.

Terrible break for Memphis, and even tougher for Stoudamire. I can't even imagine the pain. I always liked his game even in his Portland days, and he really seemed to be helping the Grizzlies this year. The grizzlies though do seem to be at least moderately well suited to deal with this injury (with bobby jackson starting).
Old 12-31-2005, 12:58 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

This will be really a bad deal for the grizzlies imo. One of the things I thought they had going for them was putting both of those jitterbugs on the floor at the same time.

I think the NBA quite frankly has begun to value speed/quickness on the perimeter much more than in the past.

Prior to this year the bigger point/sgs were posting up all day, that's not occuring nearly as much it seems to me, it's drive and dish. That's why I think jason/devin works pretty good out there.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 09:20 PM   #7
mavsman

mavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to behold

Oh damn. That injury ended my career and it's not a nice one to have. I remember not feeling any pain at all, probably because of the shock, but the whipping sound (really as loud as a cracking whip and almost as loud as an achilles tendon tearing) and most of all the sight of that weird giant ball in my thigh (the curled-up upper part of the tendon) and the loose kneecap made me vomit in the lockerroom while waiting for the ambulance. Hope he recovers soon.
mavsman is offline   Reply With Quote