Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 01-08-2006, 09:37 PM   #1
thewillis12

thewillis12 is on a distinguished road
Default weird incident

anyone see the incident int he nets vs toronto game?? vince carter slaps peterson in the face and then peterson slaps back and gets his second technical. this led to his ejection and iono if they were joking or not. carter was laughing afterwards but i dont think peterson was laughing in the locker room.......
thewillis12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2006, 10:48 PM   #2
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Supposedly they were just joking around with each other. According to the report I read, Carter even tried to clear it up with the ref.

It should be a surprise to no one that this ref's name is Steve Javie.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 11:16 PM   #3
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

That was such a joke.

I know Carter tried to clear things up and one of the articles I read said that the two are friends but Peterson looked pissed off.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:26 PM   #4
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
That was such a joke.

I know Carter tried to clear things up and one of the articles I read said that the two are friends but Peterson looked pissed off.
Pissed off when he hit Carter or pissed off when he got ejected?

As a coach, I'd be kinda a pissed of to see a player fraternizing with the other team in the middle of the game.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 01-08-2006, 11:35 PM   #5
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Pissed off when he hit Carter or pissed off when he got ejected?

As a coach, I'd be kinda a pissed of to see a player fraternizing with the other team in the middle of the game.
I think he was annoyed when he was slapped but he was definitely pissed off when he was tossed.
Old 01-09-2006, 03:06 PM   #6
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

New Jersey will play at San Antonio, Dallas, then Memphis starting tomorrow.
They can prepare themselves for a 3 game losing streak.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 03:09 PM   #7
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleDipping
New Jersey will play at San Antonio, Dallas, then Memphis starting tomorrow.
They can prepare themselves for a 3 game losing streak.
Here's to hoping the Nets win 2 out of those 3, dropping the one to us.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 06:45 PM   #8
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

The whole thing was funny...Vince said he was gonna pay the fine.

But i like Vince and i hope tht he destroys SA and Mem.
But they lose to us.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 01-09-2006 at 06:46 PM.
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 06:33 PM   #9
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

remember sanders and andre rison. Now that was some face slapin'
Old 01-10-2006, 09:07 PM   #10
DirkGoesNuclear

DirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Supposedly they were just joking around with each other. According to the report I read, Carter even tried to clear it up with the ref.

It should be a surprise to no one that this ref's name is Steve Javie.
How will the ref retract the dismissal when the player is already halfway to the locker room?
Old 01-10-2006, 09:10 PM   #11
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkGoesNuclear
How will the ref retract the dismissal when the player is already halfway to the locker room?

How about consulting with players and other refs about what transpired before making a rash, and most importatnly, incorrect decision? I don't totally put the blame on Javie...players shouldn't be pillow fighting during the game.

Last edited by mary; 01-10-2006 at 09:15 PM.