Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-11-2003, 06:10 PM   #81
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough
Default RE: The absolute WORST movie you've ever seen.

HA! See, told you it wasn't the worst movie ever made [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2003, 06:14 PM   #82
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Dirk41= konsesjonen is on a distinguished road
Default The absolute WORST movie you've ever seen.

Quote:
Originally posted by: veruca salt
HA! See, told you it wasn't the worst movie ever made [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Ok, ok, you convinced me! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
But no way you'll change my mind on "Mr. Accident". Have you ever seen it? I could be wrong, but I believe it was an Aussie film?
Dirk41= konsesjonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 06:30 PM   #83
veruca salt
Platinum Member

No, I've never heard of it, but I pretty much hate every Australian movie I've ever
seen, so I'm sure it's horrible.

Smile like you mean it
Old 08-11-2003, 06:32 PM   #84
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Oh it is. I don't know which is more deplorable, the acting or plot, lol.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:28 PM   #85
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

Mullholland Falls(spelling?)
That had to be the worst movie I've ever seen. I don't know why it was so critically acclaimed.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:29 PM   #86
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

You mean Mullholland Drive?
Old 08-11-2003, 11:30 PM   #87
Fah Q
Golden Member

Thank you, thats exactly what I meant. Anyway it just confused me and made me feel empty at the end.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:32 PM   #88
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

there's got to be worse movies than that...i haven't seen it, but it can't be that bad. but i guess it is worse when people say a movie is good when it's really crap than when you know a movie is supposed to be crap. if that made any sense at all...
Old 08-11-2003, 11:35 PM   #89
Fah Q
Golden Member

Mandy go rent the movie.
Then come back and tell me what you think. I want you(and everyone who hasn't seen it) to see it and give me your honest opinion. Because I have talked to many people who have and they all hated it. If I missed something I would love for someone to point out what the whole point of the movie was.

Edit: That might have sounded like I had an attitude, but I really didn't, I'm being sincere with that question.
Old 08-12-2003, 02:16 AM   #90
veruca salt
Platinum Member

i think it's been talked about on here before but...does a movie have to make sense???

Smile like you mean it
Old 08-12-2003, 07:53 AM   #91
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

a movie can not be bad if it contains gratuitous lesbian sex.

that being said, talk about awkward when i watched mulholland drive with my girlfriend, my mom and my sister.

mullholland drive kept my attention (and not just in that scene), but it was WEIRD. The director still hasn't said what the movie means. he keeps saying "it's up to your interpretation."
Old 08-12-2003, 09:35 AM   #92
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Well, ALL David Lynch Movies (maybe except Straight Story) ARE up to your interpretation.

Sad to see movies like Eyes Wide Shut, Memento and Mulholland Drive or even Dark City getting nominees. Especially when "Vanilla Sky" and "Dark City" are getting rated "good" and "horrible" by the same guy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2003, 09:40 AM   #93
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

the only bad thing about dark city was sutherland's voice/accent. got annoying pretty quick. otherwise, good movie.

never saw vanilla sky, but heard it was bad.
Old 08-12-2003, 09:57 AM   #94
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I like to watch Mullholland Drive with my pants off. Great movie.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 09:36 AM   #95
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

LOL. Madape, I don't agree with your basketball opinions or your love affair with Shawn Bradley but you are one cool dude. We should definitely hang out sometime.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 09:42 AM   #96
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

hang out with your wang out...

watching mullholland drive.
Old 08-13-2003, 11:43 AM   #97
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

Mulholland Drive as one of the worst movies of all time? Oh hell no! It's one of the best-- in fact, it's in my all-time top 5.

And as far as Lynch movies go, it's just about his most-- for lack of a better word-- linear. There are definitely some characters/sub-plots/allusions that are left wide-open to your imagination, but it definitely makes sense. Lynchian sense, of course, but sense nevertheless...

Old 08-13-2003, 11:45 AM   #98
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

One day, one of you is going to have to explain the male fascination with faux lesbianism on screen...

I'm sure it's a topic for PMs, but I just don't get it. I would welcome any kind of explanation to put me out of my totally confounded misery.
Old 08-13-2003, 12:14 PM   #99
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

What was the movie with Sandra Bullock where she was a cop who posed as a beauty queen and entered like the miss american contest or something?...The premise was so ridiculous. I hate ANY MOVIE that has a ridiculous premise (unless it is intended to be funny) and is unbelievable from the get go. When movie makers assume audiences are complete idiots, it drives me crazy.
Old 08-13-2003, 12:21 PM   #100
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Miss Congeniality. That was bad, no doubt, but Two Weeks Notice is worse. Trust me, don't throw two hours of your life away on that fine piece of crap.
Old 08-13-2003, 01:04 PM   #101
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

Love Mullholland Drive, except my mom came in the room 2 minutes before the lesbian scene, what a buzz kill that was. I kept thinking, wow, what a missed spanking oppurtunity.
Old 08-13-2003, 01:04 PM   #102
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

sturm, if it makes sense (even lynchian sense), please explain it to us.

SPOILERS

i see it as a "life flashing before your eyes" idea before the girl shoots herself. although it is a distorted reality of what she wanted her life to be.

SPOILERS OVER

and why do you need an explanation of why guys like hot lesbian scenes? we just do. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-13-2003, 01:33 PM   #103
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Miss Congeniality. That was bad, no doubt, but Two Weeks Notice is worse. Trust me, don't throw two hours of your life away on that fine piece of crap.
That's it, Miss Congeniality! Wow does that suck! It seems like Sandra Bullock has a hard time picking good scripts (see 2 Weeks Notice, Speed 2, etc.) She needs a new agent. Where do I apply?

Old 08-13-2003, 01:45 PM   #104
sturm und drang
Golden Member

BBL, that's pretty much what I read into the movie, as well. Except I see it more in a melancholy, Walter Mitty-esque "what my life could have been" vein. I love how you get sucked into that first plot-- with its beautiful film noir storyline and cinematography-- and then it's quickly and brutally juxtaposed with her life's ugly reality. And I thought it especially brilliant how all the characters, objects, etc. from her real life are mixed up, in the wrong places, misnamed etc. in her dream-- just like real dreams are...

To your second point-- most girls aren't into two hot guys getting it on. What gives?
Old 08-13-2003, 01:47 PM   #105
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

well, sturm, therein lies the fundamental difference between males and females. to quote seinfeld, the female body is a beautiful thing... the male body is not. it is utilitarian. it's for gettin' around. thus, two hot girls together is infinitely hotter than two hot guys together.

also, men are perverts.

i agree about mullholland drive. but the one thing that i have no idea about is the homeless guy, the blue box, and the little old people.
Old 08-13-2003, 02:08 PM   #106
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: sturm und drang
To your second point-- most girls aren't into two hot guys getting it on. What gives?
That is just gross. End of story. Period.

Old 08-13-2003, 02:28 PM   #107
sturm und drang
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Quote:
Originally posted by: sturm und drang
That is just gross. End of story. Period.
Yet two hot girls getting it on is the ne plus ultra...

Just something that has always puzzled me. But BBL, I like your explanation. I really think this merits a book or at the very least a grad school thesis.

Old 08-13-2003, 02:31 PM   #108
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

You know sturm.... If I were born a woman, I would have been a lesbian.
Old 08-13-2003, 06:09 PM   #109
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

crap!!!

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 09:30 AM   #110
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

now them's fightin' words, ozmavs. you can say "made" is crap, but not swingers.
Old 08-14-2003, 04:35 PM   #111
Nicky31

Nicky31 is on a distinguished road

English Patient or clerks
Nicky31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 04:58 PM   #112
sturm und drang
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nicky31
THE ENGLISH PATIENT? That is an amazing movie!

I'll admit that I'm troubled that most of my top 5 movies are represented on the "Worst movie" list on dallas-mavs.com.
Old 08-14-2003, 05:05 PM   #113
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nicky31
Clerks ROCKED!
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 05:09 PM   #114
German7Footer

German7Footer is on a distinguished road

Muriel's Wedding absolutely sucked. I stopped that one about half way through. Then I played a joke one a friend and told them it was a must-see movie. They rented it and I never heard the end of it.
Old 08-14-2003, 05:46 PM   #115
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

clerk's is amazing. great movie.
Old 08-14-2003, 05:50 PM   #116
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
now them's fightin' words, ozmavs. you can say "made" is crap, but not swingers.
Sorry, but I watched it with my girlfriend and one of her friends. I guess trying to explain everything to them just lost me. Granted, it does have a few good one liners, but the bumbling style that these guys go about everything frustrates the hell out of me.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 08:36 PM   #117
veruca salt
Platinum Member

I can't believe anyone would have Clerks on their list....what is wrong with kids today!?

Smile like you mean it
Old 04-02-2004, 03:46 AM   #118
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice
Default RE:The absolute WORST movie you've ever seen.

C'mon...lot of bads in the last 9 months.

Be honest.
Old 04-02-2004, 04:20 AM   #119
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: OzMavs

crap!!!
horribly misinformed statement.

Clerks also rocked.

not really the last nine months, but the only movie that i have ever walked out of was that Jamie Kennedy crap project where he was a white rapper. Beverly Hills Most Wanted, maybe?

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 10:25 AM   #120
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass
C'mon...lot of bads in the last 9 months.

Be honest.
I thought Secret Window was pretty bad, saw the 'shocker' ending coming a mile away... the only good thing was Depp; very entertaining as usual.