Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 08-14-2006, 04:34 PM   #41
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c
Any team that has championship aspirations would do well to consider Dallas one of their chief rivals.
You sir, have a legitimate point.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:36 PM   #42
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I would hope the mavs consider the heat a main rival. For instance if a trade didnt hurt dallas say a 3 way trade between the mavs the heat and the cavs. The mavs get lebron, The heat get dirk and the and cavs get antoine walker. Obviously this is ridiculous and much worse than this trade but despite the fact that the trade does probably help the mavs, it seriously lowers their chances of winning because there is no way anyone would beat that heat team. No none of those teams would do that deal im just using it as an example.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 05:16 PM   #43
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
male23dan, i really like your braveheart signature...good work..
Thanks... But all props go to Windmill 360 for that... He created quite a few for us on the site, (though the idea was mine to put Dirk in the Braveheart colors and whatnot!)...
Old 08-14-2006, 08:28 PM   #44
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know why this trade rumor was mocked in the other thread. It seems to make much sense for all parties--and of course, we have history of trading with Del Harris's son. And no, these aren't the likes of Dirk changing hands.

I'm keeping an eye on this. I think it might have something to it.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 08:44 PM   #45
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Realistically speaking they have a good team (not great) already and if they get some cap space and draft picks (strong draft next year) they will really be a force. They really revamped their roster for no reason, getting a steal in Charlie V and trading Magloire for crap...getting draft picks this year makes sense I guess? If they want a whole year to get all these new parts to mesh and being ready for a much better FA class a year from now.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 10:02 PM   #46
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Well in the NBA if you don't have a superstar you don't have squat. If they think they can clear enough to get one then maybe although I don't know who it would be.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:43 PM   #47
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Well in the NBA if you don't have a superstar you don't have squat. If they think they can clear enough to get one then maybe although I don't know who it would be.
They think of Redd as their superstar.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:48 PM   #48
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

This move makes tremendous sense for the Bucks. I wonder if the Mavs would bite on the salary committment, but I tend to think that Simmons would be a tradeable commodity.

This move would be in keeping with the Mavericks ways of old.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 05:24 AM   #49
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Dallas is the team to beat. PERIOD!

...Next!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 06:20 AM   #50
kriD
Platinum Member

kriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to all

New post from the rumorer:
Quote:
If I reveal my source, I get fired. Simple as that. Like is said before, the hold up is the level of protection on the pickS coming to Milwaukee. In addition to that, a new problem has come up which is the health of Bobby Simmons.
kriD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:08 AM   #51
kriD
Platinum Member

kriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to all

04/14: Injured ankles take toll on Bucks' Simmons

BY GERY WOELFEL [/ The Journal Times]

After the Bucks-Wizards' game Wednesday night at the Bradley Center, I asked Bucks starting forward Bobby Simmons if he was disappointed by his play of late.

After all, Simmons hasn't played well and certainly not up to his capabilities. His sub-standard play has been a topic of radio call-in shows, with many of the callers bemoaning the fact the Bucks signed him to a lucractive free-agent contract last summer.

Simmons admitted some of his shots he normally makes just haven't been falling lately. But then Simmons paused, seemingly holding back on another reason. After some prodding, Simmons revealed he's been playing on two bad ankles. For any athlete, that's not a good thing, especially for a pro basketball player who is constantly running and jumping.

Simmons said he sprained his right ankle in a game against Dallas on Jan. 16 - or 42 games ago. Simmons could deal with that. But then, on March 28 in a game against Phoenix at the BC, Simmons sprained his left ankle. Simmons is trying to deal with that, too, but it's so much more difficult.

"When I go up for a shot and come down on my ankles ..., '' Simmons said, his voice trailing off. "Sometimes, it hurts more Sometimes, it hurts less.''

In other words, Simmons is playing with continuous pain. It's obvious the injured ankles have affected his performance: To wit:

- In the last seven games - or since he hurt his ankle against Phoenix, Simmons has shot 34 percent from the field. In the 12 games prior to the Phoenix one, Simmons shot 49 percent.

- In the last seven games, Simmons shot 38 percent from 3-point range. In the 12 games prior to the Phoenix one, he shot 43 percent.

- In the last seven games, Simmons averaged 6.4 points. In the 12 games prior to the Phoenix one, Simmons averaged 16.5 points.

Simmons said the ailing ankles have prevented him from playing in long stretches. "That's why I'm in and out of a game: to rest them,'' Simmons said. In fact, Simmons hasn't played more than 29 minutes in the last five games. In two of those games, he played only 18 minutes against Miami and a mere 9 minutes against Memphis.

With the Bucks in a heated playoff battle, the Bucks certainly could use a healthy Simmons. And he certainly wants to contribute. But how much of a help he'll be to the Bucks now remains the question. As Simmons says, "The pain isn't going to disappear.''
Old 08-15-2006, 07:11 AM   #52
kriD
Platinum Member

Simmons expects to go despite being hobbled

By CHARLES F. GARDNER [/ Journal Sentinel]
Posted: April 25, 2006

St. Francis - Bobby Simmons would love to be totally healthy for Game 2 of the Milwaukee Bucks' playoff series tonight at The Palace of Auburn Hills.

But the team's 6-foot-6 forward has been nursing an unspecified lower leg injury and has missed most of the Bucks' on-court work during their last three practice sessions.

Still, he made his playoff debut in Game 1 against the Detroit Pistons on Sunday, scoring six points and grabbing six rebounds in 33 minutes in the Bucks' 92-74 loss.

"It's just the little knick-knack things you go through in the course of a season," Simmons said after the Bucks' practice session at the Cousins Center on Tuesday. "It's being prepared to play the game and doing what I can out here in practice.

Did it set you back?

"Well no, I wouldn't say it set me back. It's all about timing and rhythm. But I got a few shots up today. I didn't do a whole lot, but I did enough to keep myself warm."
(...)
A coveted free agent who signed a five-year, $47 million contract with the Bucks last summer, Simmons has experienced a few highs and lows in his first season in Milwaukee.

He averaged 13.4 points and 4.4 rebounds in 75 games with the Bucks, one year after averaging 16.4 points and 5.9 rebounds with the Los Angeles Clippers as he was named the National Basketball Association's most improved player.

"It's a little discouraging, but he's a fighter," Bucks guard Michael Redd said of Simmons' injury woes. "He'll play."

Simmons, the Chicago native and former DePaul star, played two seasons with the Washington Wizards and two with the Clippers. He had never experienced a playoff game until Sunday night at the Palace.

"It was very exciting," said Simmons, who was 2 for 8 from the field, including 2 for 4 on three-pointers. "A lot of shots that I normally make, I missed. But the atmosphere of the playoffs is unbelievable."

Simmons is matched against 6-9 Pistons forward Tayshaun Prince, who had 15 points, eight rebounds and three assists in 41 minutes in the series opener.

"You just have to play the best defense you can," Simmons said. "I wouldn't say he's a great player, but he's good for their team. He does a lot for their team, making plays for them."
(...)
"Everybody is a little banged up," Bucks coach Terry Stotts said. "He (Simmons) is still getting his shots, but he's staying away from contact and doesn't want to do too much to aggravate it.

"He'll be ready for game time tomorrow, just like he was on Sunday."
(...)
Old 08-15-2006, 03:01 PM   #53
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Is he better yet? Those articles are from awhile back, right?

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 08-15-2006, 03:13 PM   #54
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I don't get the point of posting articles from the middle of April either..
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 03:27 PM   #55
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Any updates on this trade?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 03:30 PM   #56
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

V over at LMF posted the following this morning:
Quote:
From RealGM - Milwaukee media is apparently trying to check this rumor out ... but the typical sources aren't talking, which was noted to be unusual. Could be a coincidence but it's interesting.

btw- The latest rumored holdup is related to Simmons' health and level of protection on the draft picks going to Mil.

It was also noted that Simmons has a trade kicker.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:06 PM   #57
kriD
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom
Yeah, I don't get the point of posting articles from the middle of April either..
See post #50.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:19 PM   #58
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Simmons is exactly what this team needs. I do this deal in a heartbeat.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 04:30 PM   #59
kriD
Platinum Member

More crazy talk from the rumorer:
Quote:
ATL has expressed HUGE intrest in D.Harris, which in return would have an impact on this trade.

If the original deal plays out accordingly, MIL will be getting an unprotected pick.
Quote:
ATL is not in the MIL, DAL, DET deal, it is something else going on between ATL and DAL that could have an impact on the deal prior.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:38 PM   #60
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriD
New post from the rumorer:
Couldn't be any worse then the health of Jerry Stachouse....Simmons is the Grif that also has a potent offensive game....so when we need someone to carry us at times, Simmons is PERFECT in that role. Obtaining him would make this one of the best offseason's in our history.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 05:04 PM   #61
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

I think the Devin Harris to ATL thing is crazy, unless we get back JJ in the deal.

Getting Simmons would be awesome though, and it does make sense.

Old 08-15-2006, 05:08 PM   #62
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I've heard enough, trading Devin Harris to ATL? For what?

We are making upgrades but how much is too much change? You can't alter a team that went to the finals too much and I don't think ATL has anything thats worth Harris. The Simmons deal is just something that you have to do... but thats only because we arent giving up a damn thing.

That said... the lineup would be like: Terry, Simmons, Howard, Dirk, Diop with Harris, Buckner, Ager, George, Croshere, Dampier, and Johnson? One word. Beautiful. If Howard goes down Simmons could easily slide up to the three and we would still have Buckner, Ager, and Terry (if we start Devin or AJ) to fill the 2? Our players are so versatile, I dont think theres an injury we couldnt overcome with that lineup.

Edit: Forgot AJ

Last edited by Tokey41; 08-15-2006 at 05:08 PM.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:12 PM   #63
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
I think the Devin Harris to ATL thing is crazy, unless we get back JJ in the deal.

Getting Simmons would be awesome though, and it does make sense.
agreed. I'd love JJ, he's exactly what we need at the 2 and he can bring the ball up court as well. A lineup of Terry, JJ, Josh, Dirk, Diop/Damp could be a dynasty if everything goes right. Too bad it'll never happen though.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 05:30 PM   #64
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I think kriD's posts are important if this trade is for real. A healthy Simmons is a great addition for sure, but if his leg becomes a chronic problem then the long contract becomes bad news real fast. There was quite a bit written about his injury and his lack of productivity in the playoffs last season. Stack has his own health problems but we only have one year left on his 9M+ contract. Not sure I would want to gamble on this one.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 05:39 PM   #65
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like we are trading Harris and possibly a first rounder for something from Atlanta and an unprotected first rounder to fascilitate the Simmons trade?

I cant see Johnson coming here, but maybe they will give us Marvin Williams, or one of the Joshs. Who knows.

This is fun like Lost-- fictional myth unraveling.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 06:09 PM   #66
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
sounds like we are trading Harris and possibly a first rounder for something from Atlanta and an unprotected first rounder to fascilitate the Simmons trade?

I cant see Johnson coming here, but maybe they will give us Marvin Williams, or one of the Joshs. Who knows.

This is fun like Lost-- fictional myth unraveling.

When you say "sounds like" does that mean it's close to a done deal? Not sure if I'm ready to part with harris yet lol
Old 08-15-2006, 06:48 PM   #67
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
When you say "sounds like" does that mean it's close to a done deal? Not sure if I'm ready to part with harris yet lol
EL is just joking. The Harris thing is just a crazy rumor. The Simmons thing might be legit, but the Harris thing is crazy unless we get JJ back.

Old 08-15-2006, 06:55 PM   #68
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Man...I'm about to cream over here thinking of that lineup:

JET/AJ
JJ/Buck/Ager
Josh/Simmons/George
Dirk/Crosher
Diop/Damp/Mbenga

I'll take that. Please lord, make this one happen. I wouldn't even let Jet play PG in that situation except on defense. JJ would be my offensive catalyst.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:59 PM   #69
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

That would be an awesome lineup, but I seriously doubt that it happens. I think it's just a crazy rumor, but I do think the Simmons trade might be legit.

Old 08-15-2006, 07:00 PM   #70
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot_ark
Man...I'm about to cream over here thinking of that lineup:

JET/AJ
JJ/Buck/Ager
Josh/Simmons/George
Dirk/Crosher
Diop/Damp/Mbenga

I'll take that. Please lord, make this one happen. I wouldn't even let Jet play PG in that situation except on defense. JJ would be my offensive catalyst.
That would be insane
Old 08-15-2006, 07:13 PM   #71
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Why is the Harris thing crazy...Harris is not as good as JJ and i dont think ATL does it.
But i could see Harris for one of the Joshs and maybe Stoudamire

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:59 PM   #72
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I could see Milwauke wanting Harris out of anyone. Simmons for Harris is Not in our best interest unless we got something else too. That would put the 2/3 at civil war to where I'd just assume waive Stackhouse. I dunno, but Stack for Simmons is what I'd like to see.

Old 08-15-2006, 08:42 PM   #73
Tokey41
Platinum Member

ATL wouldnt part with JJ in any situation, I love Josh Smith myself but since we have Howard we don't really require him. Would anyone be willing to do JJ and Josh Smith for Harris and Howard? I don't know if that works, but you know thats realistic if anyones serious about wanting JJ because Harris wouldnt cut it.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:25 PM   #74
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

For some reason I dont like JJ...hes a great player though. They would never give him for Harris who is way overrated by many here. I wouldnt wanna give up Howard.

But i think ATL has a jam at the sf and sg positions too and it would make sense for them to get rid of some1.

Harris and some1 else for one of the Joshs and maybe throw Stoudimer in there like i mentioned earlier. But we def need to figure out our sg sf positions cuz i think it can be a lot bigger problem whn the season starts than most think.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:26 PM   #75
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

if ATL has a jam at the SF position, they could always trade a few of them to the Knicks. I hear Isaiah's strategy is to dominate the league by signing ALL small forwards, so other teams have to play 4 on 5.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:28 AM   #76
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi
if ATL has a jam at the SF position, they could always trade a few of them to the Knicks. I hear Isaiah's strategy is to dominate the league by signing ALL small forwards, so other teams have to play 4 on 5.
Lol, good stuff. Maybe they should do that, the Knicks might have a chance then.

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 08-16-2006 at 12:29 AM.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:12 AM   #77
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Isaiah's strategy is not to take over the league with small forwards, but rather to quicken the process of proving what a complete dumbass he is on every level except playing.

After the Avery article today, I think we can safely assume Harris is NOT on the trading block.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 08-16-2006 at 08:49 AM.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:14 AM   #78
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
ATL wouldnt part with JJ in any situation, I love Josh Smith myself but since we have Howard we don't really require him. Would anyone be willing to do JJ and Josh Smith for Harris and Howard? I don't know if that works, but you know thats realistic if anyones serious about wanting JJ because Harris wouldnt cut it.
Josh Smith is probably better than Josh howard so yes i would do that deal in a heartbeat but no it comes nowhere near working. Throw in stack and i think it works which i would still do.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:19 AM   #79
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

After all, Dallas IS the team to beat!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:30 PM   #80
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Josh Smith is probably better than Josh howard so yes i would do that deal in a heartbeat but no it comes nowhere near working. Throw in stack and i think it works which i would still do.

I disagree. The only thing Smith does better than Howard is block shots. I'd like to have him as a backup 3/4 player, but that would make us that much worse on offense if Smith was a starter.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
damnit fluffy, fluffy the flag fluffer, fluffy's bird fetish