Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-21-2008, 08:36 PM   #81
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

They were just saying how little passing yards Romo has right now. That is because Barber has run more this half than he did the last two games. They are trying to slow the game down a bit tonight.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2008, 08:38 PM   #82
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to see Romo's QB rating get above Crayton's though

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:41 PM   #83
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I wish Romo would realize that turnovers are one of the most important stats in the league. He cost the Cowboys 14 points against the Eagles with his dumbness.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:42 PM   #84
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Good alertness by Adams there. Just draw Jones here and take the 3.

Last edited by Kirobaito; 09-21-2008 at 08:43 PM.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:42 PM   #85
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Romo is holding the ball wayyyyy too long.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:43 PM   #86
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

You know Romo doesn't seem as good so far this year when the play breaks down. I wonder if that has anything to do with his "new approach to standing in the pocket".

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 09-21-2008, 08:44 PM   #87
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Folk is so money, he doesn't even know he's money.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 09-21-2008, 08:45 PM   #88
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Ok, I'm just going to make a prediction and say this game comes down to a last second field goal. I just have a feeling with the way this game is going.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 09-21-2008, 08:45 PM   #89
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Well, we get the ball to start the 3rd. I think that will be a very important possession.

Thinks coulda gone a whole lot worse, as we did not play particularly well.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:46 PM   #90
Bayliss

The Cowboys got a field goal out of it but Romo cost them four more points on that possession. If it aint there that close to the end you have to throw it out of the back of the end zone.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:47 PM   #91
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Just need to get points or set field position with this first drive and you're well in the driver's seat.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:50 PM   #92
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Can't complain about a 13-6 lead on the Packers. I just feel we've left about 2 td's up there that we should have.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:51 PM   #93
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
You know Romo doesn't seem as good so far this year when the play breaks down. I wonder if that has anything to do with his "new approach to standing in the pocket".
I'm arguing with you roommates right now. Theyr'e trying to tell me that Romo can't play well under pressure. its just been this season. Previous two years he's been damn good under pressure.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:54 PM   #94
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
I'm arguing with you roommates right now. Theyr'e trying to tell me that Romo can't play well under pressure. its just been this season. Previous two years he's been damn good under pressure.
give the Pack D a little credit...they've got TO shut down. Garrett is gonna work some stuff up here during half time and I predict they'll open it up a bit more in the second half. there's really no reason to pass it when Barber is averaging like 6ish yards per carry and Felix Jones is bustin out long TDs.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:56 PM   #95
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss
They were just saying how little passing yards Romo has right now. That is because Barber has run more this half than he did the last two games. They are trying to slow the game down a bit tonight.
i applaud this approach. i'm betting they'll work in some good play action here in the 3rd.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:57 PM   #96
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat
give the Pack D a little credit...they've got TO shut down. Garrett is gonna work some stuff up here during half time and I predict they'll open it up a bit more in the second half. there's really no reason to pass it when Barber is averaging like 6ish yards per carry and Felix Jones is bustin out long TDs.
Packers D is great or so I hear but I haven't seen it other than the redzone. Seems like they have about 5 corners out there at all times when we get in the redzone area.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:58 PM   #97
mkat
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
Packers D is great or so I hear but I haven't seen it other than the redzone. Seems like they have about 5 corners out there at all times when we get in the redzone area.
they've sacked romo ...3 times? or 2? they're making our O-line look silly on those passing downs.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:59 PM   #98
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat
they've sacked romo ...3 times? or 2? they're making our O-line look silly on those passing downs.
I disagree, Tony is holding on to the ball way too long IMHO.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 09:08 PM   #99
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Come on, guys, stop the run a little bit.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:14 PM   #100
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
I disagree, Tony is holding on to the ball way too long IMHO.
I agree. O-Line has been great. Romo is just holding the ball far too long.

Great stop by the defense. Especially after giving up that big play.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:14 PM   #101
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Good job keepin' them out of the endzone. Time to ramp it up on O, now.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:20 PM   #102
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Blown coverage is a good way to take an unsurmountable lead
Old 09-21-2008, 09:20 PM   #103
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Great play by Austin, we really needed that.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 09-21-2008, 09:21 PM   #104
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Spotted at the 4? BS!
Old 09-21-2008, 09:22 PM   #105
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Now that's a drive
Old 09-21-2008, 09:22 PM   #106
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Game over. GB is also very overrated.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:22 PM   #107
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Barber has been the MVP tonight, he's been great out there.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 09-21-2008, 09:23 PM   #108
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

It's weird how it feels like GB's been able to get what they want on offense tonight but somehow only has 9 up on the board.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:24 PM   #109
mkat
Platinum Member

defense is looking SOLID.

what i think they need to do now is get felix jones in there...he'd run wild all over that tired out packers defensive line.

good play on the Romo -> Austin...that was what we've been waiting for.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:24 PM   #110
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Game over. GB is also very overrated.
I don't know about that. Only position I have question marks about are at qb and he's been playing fine. Maybe the corners but i'd like to think the tandem of Woodson and Harris is one of the best in the league. They already have the best linebacking core in the league. I think they're the real deal. Their defensive line might be questionable but I hear KGB is hurt. Kampman is a beast.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:26 PM   #111
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito
It's weird how it feels like GB's been able to get what they want on offense tonight but somehow only has 9 up on the board.
Not really. To me anyway. Especially after last Monday. Seems like we've contained them pretty good. Not sure what the stats say.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:28 PM   #112
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Flaco, I don't think you are allowed to call all 13 teams we play against overrated.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 09-21-2008, 09:28 PM   #113
Bayliss

Here's an odd stat from Marion Barber:

In 2005 and 2007 he fumbled the ball 3 times each season. In 2006 and 2008 (so far) he has no fumbles.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:29 PM   #114
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The packers are giving him plenty of time...he just can't make anything of it
Old 09-21-2008, 09:30 PM   #115
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

ratliff! is that a sack per game for the 7th round pick?
Old 09-21-2008, 09:30 PM   #116
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Nice to see us actually get a clean sack where the quarterback went down quick.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 09-21-2008, 09:31 PM   #117
Bayliss

Pacman almost makes guys get flags with all of his zigzagging.

You can't expect guys to block for you when you go horizontal two or three times. Even if it is unintentional it is two hard to "stop" when blocking like that.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:31 PM   #118
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss
Here's an odd stat from Marion Barber:

In 2005 and 2007 he fumbled the ball 3 times each season. In 2006 and 2008 (so far) he has no fumbles.
Of course, he's had a couple of close calls tonight. Tony Curtis saved his butt on one tonight, and he lost the ball on another but gathered it back real quick on another.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 09-21-2008, 09:32 PM   #119
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Why do special teams players celebrate like they just scored a touchdown, when they tackled the guy on the FIFTY and they've already lost the game.

There is too much of that in football. Way to go, you did your job. You don't see basketball players yelling and screaming and pumping their fists when they make a free throw...
Old 09-21-2008, 09:32 PM   #120
Bayliss

Romo once again held on to the ball too long. He pumped when he should have just thrown it away.