Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-21-2008, 05:54 PM   #81
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear. That Ticket text message is not going to be good times for Flac.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2008, 05:55 PM   #82
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

It will be interesting to see what else happens in the next few days.

Flac's sports soul is gone in the best of times. This will just put him 6 feet under.

Last edited by Smiles; 11-21-2008 at 05:56 PM.
Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 05:55 PM   #83
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

This team can't catch a MFing break. The season is as good as done.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 06:06 PM   #84
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

kill.

me.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:09 PM   #85
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

the BaD radio curse strikes again...
Old 11-30-2008, 10:39 PM   #86
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

just got back from the stars game tonight. A exciting game capped by mike modano the ageless mike modano roofing a puck home for the 4-3 win. A few observations from the game.
We played a line tonight that had no bussiness even being in the nhl. Peterson,Wilson, and Conner are all minor league players.
The next time riberio plays some Defense will be the first.
I thought Sydor would be an improvement over Boucher, Nope same player different Number. Time to cut him lose and bring back Mark Fistric. I would rather lose with youth than lose with geezers.

James Neal has got a little something and is quickly growing into one of my favorite players.
And finally Turco has got to quit giving up the momentum killing goals every night.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:47 AM   #87
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Last night the Stars finally got a taste of what it's really going to be like this season being the worst team in all the land: a very empty, very QUIET building.

I could not believe how quiet the building was last night. You could hear the air conditioners. You could hear the players yelling on the ice and the coaches and the refs WAY better than I've ever heard before. It was a crowd very much aware that the team they love was at any moment going to screw them right in the arse. And they tried pretty hard to do just that but somehow beat an Edmonton team that looked pretty bad to me.

So you can spin it any way you like. They've lost 7 of 10. They've also won 2 out of the last 3 games.

Big whoop.

Zubov is out again. Zubov, Morrow, Lehtinen, Lundqvist, and Ott.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:37 PM   #88
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

*groan* speaking of quiet...

DALLAS STARS OWNER THOMAS O. HICKS SUPPORTS
NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE DECISION TO SUSPEND FORWARD SEAN AVERY

FRISCO, Tex. – The National Hockey League announced this afternoon that it has suspended Dallas Stars forward Sean Avery indefinitely, pending a hearing with NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman, in accordance with the provisions of NHL By-Law 17 and Article 6 of the NHL Constitution for conduct "detrimental to the League or game of hockey." The suspension was imposed following inappropriate public comments, not pertaining to the game, made by Avery earlier today.
“I completely support the league's decision to suspend Sean Avery,” said Dallas Stars owner Thomas O. Hicks. “Had the league not have suspended him, the Dallas Stars would have. This organization will not tolerate such behavior, especially from a member of our hockey team. We hold our team to a higher standard and will continue to do so.”

The date for the hearing has not yet been scheduled.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:41 PM   #89
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Um...what comments?

Huh?

Great. Gonna see Doug Janik play forward tonight...or roll 3 lines on a back to back. Brilliant.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:43 PM   #90
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

lol oh god...

Quote:
`I am really happy to be back in Calgary, I love Canada," Avery said. "I just want to comment on how it's become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds. I don't know what that's about. Enjoy the game tonight."
He just can't help himself. Dallas really is a good place for him without all of that hockey crazy media to draw him offsides. He needs a damn muzzle on road trips.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:44 PM   #91
Smiles
Diamond Member

I'll copy what I have from TSN. I hear they have more info up now (comments from Marty I guess?) I just don't care enough to go look at it right now.

Anyway, here goes:

Believe it or not, Sean Avery flapped his gums in an obnoxious manner after this morning's shootaround in Calgary.

"I am really happy to be back in Calgary, I love Canada," Avery told TSN. "I just want to comment on how it's become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds. I don't know what that's about. Enjoy the game tonight."

Avery ignored further questioning, surely knowing that he'd already said enough to get under at least one Calgary player's skin.

I won't go into what "sloppy seconds" means, but it's not a hockey term. Calgary defensemen Dion Phaneuf is dating actress Elisha Cuthbert, one of Avery's exes.

Marty Turco, who said that Avery "better show up like a man" after mouthing off, and Brad Richards didn't seem thrilled by their teammate's taunting, judging by their quotes at the bottom of the TSN story.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:57 PM   #92
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

My knee jerk reaction....

http://stars.hockeyanalysis.com/
Quote:
Avery shoots himself in the leg
December 2nd, 2008 by Brad

Or was that Plaxico Burress? It’s hard to tell because now Gary Bettman thinks he’s Roger Goodell and is going to start moderating morality from Toronto by suspending Sean Avery indefinitely.

a) It doesn’t matter. The wheels were coming off of this thing anyway.

b) This really throws into light how a place like Dallas is good for Avery. No one cares here, and no one’s asking him for sound bites. But in Canada, hockey is covered like the Cowboys are covered in Dallas (don’t laugh, it’s true) and Sean just couldn’t help but pop off at the mouth a little bit about a Calgary player and his ex-girlfriend.

If he just could have made it through his first road trip to each city and let them run their dumb stories and let them ask their dumb questions, this could have been avoided. But then he wouldn’t be him, would he?

Because the truth of the matter is that each place the Stars have gone so far has run a Sean Avery story (New York, NJ, NYI, Los Angeles, etc…) but he has pretty much nothing to do with what’s going on during the games. He hasn’t had the negative impact the media wants to conjure up out of thin air. If anyone would watch the damn games they would know that.

But the media (not the Dallas media mind you, they do a great job) is only interested in talking about Sean Avery and Marty Turco, and this teams struggles are so much greater than that. I have talked very little about him here because he doesn’t matter very often. He’s just a guy out there. Avery stories until today were unwarranted, but…well there you go. He at least gave all of us a good reason this time.
And what a pair of game we have today and tomorrow now.

It's going to be murder out there. Good Lord, we suck.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:51 PM   #93
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

And the Stars make the sports night that much better. Mavs and Stars. Yay.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:54 PM   #94
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

They pretty much dominated those closing five minutes.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:27 AM   #95
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
They pretty much dominated those closing five minutes.
Helps when Turco is finally playing like Turco.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:23 AM   #96
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

We've won back to back games!!!

One step at a time, we can get out of this funk and get back to being a respected team.

As for the Avery situation...pretty cheap of the league and I would imagine that the Players Union will get involved pretty quick. The comment was ignorant at best. But suspension worthy, I think not.

Having said that, there is nobody on the Stars defending Avery. This tells us that he is not liked by his team and perhaps he is the cancer that has been advertised.

I wonder, are there any contractual clauses that will expadite getting Avery Cut from the organization?

Just maybe his getting cut would be a rallying cry for the rest of the team. A spark to get them back to playing as a unit!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:32 PM   #97
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

This team hates that guy and it is very obvious from everything they say regarding him. His days have to be numbered and wow what a stupid deal from the hull-jackson camp. Serious fail.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:41 PM   #98
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Chris Chris gets cut.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:45 PM   #99
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I am so sick of talking and hearing about this already.

I see no way they can put him back in the mix here. Not after hearing from Modano and Richards, Turco and Ribeiro...they hate him. I did not realize that, but they freaking hate the guy.

We're short on forwards right now but...hey, it doesn't really seem to matter anyway. The only problem is if they buy him out, he's on the books for the next 6 years. That's a lot of hurt and a lot of cap space for nothing but a headache and 24 games.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:12 PM   #100
Caseman
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I am so sick of talking and hearing about this already.

I see no way they can put him back in the mix here. Not after hearing from Modano and Richards, Turco and Ribeiro...they hate him. I did not realize that, but they freaking hate the guy.

We're short on forwards right now but...hey, it doesn't really seem to matter anyway. The only problem is if they buy him out, he's on the books for the next 6 years. That's a lot of hurt and a lot of cap space for nothing but a headache and 24 games.
At least we stole Sydor from the Penguins..
Old 12-03-2008, 05:15 PM   #101
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

this has got to be the most expensive two words ever -- which did not include at least one curse word.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:22 PM   #102
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman View Post
At least we stole Sydor from the Penguins..
Boucher hurt himself already I heard. Not badly.

But I'm not so excited about Sydor...he was on the ice for all 3 Edmonton goals the other night. I wonder how many he'll be on the ice for tonight.

And yeah...most expensive two words ever for the Dallas Stars if this goes down a certain way.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:26 PM   #103
Smiles
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
I hope Chris Chris gets cut.
This is what I called him that first morning when he interviewed with the local radio stations.

Hull's words - for what it's worth:
http://tsn.ca/

Is it me, or is he off the website roster already?

Last edited by Smiles; 12-03-2008 at 05:27 PM.
Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:35 PM   #104
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Surely there has to be a conduct clause somewhere that would enable the Stars to minimize the $$$ impact of cutting ties with a player that not only does nobody in Dallas like, but perhaps nobody in the league likes.

Could Avery be so bad that the NHLPA would NOT stand up and defend him with competence?
Old 12-03-2008, 06:29 PM   #105
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
Is it me, or is he off the website roster already?
He is off the roster on dallasstars.com... is that normal for suspended players though? Very interesting indeed.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:38 AM   #106
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The computers at the NHL do that when a player is suspended. The web site rosters are all standardized data that comes from the NHL centrally.

Everyone be sure to read this:

http://tsn.ca/columnists/james_duthie/?id=258309

That pretty much says it all.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:11 PM   #107
Smiles
Diamond Member

DALLAS STARS AND FOX SPORTS SOUTHWEST ANNOUNCE HIGH DEFINITION
BROADCAST SCHEDULE FOR REMAINDER OF THE 2008-09 SEASON
Sony Joins Effort to Broadcast More Stars Games in HD

FRISCO, Tex. -- The Dallas Stars and FOX Sports Southwest announced today the high definition (HD) broadcasts for the remainder of the 2008-09 Stars local television package. In all, 50 Stars games will be broadcast in HD this season on either FOX Sports Southwest or My 27, including 38 of the final 54 local broadcasts, beginning on Dec. 5 vs. Colorado.

Sony is the presenting sponsor of all of the HD telecasts of Stars games on FOX Sports Southwest and My 27.

“The Stars would like to thank both FOX Sports Southwest and Sony for working diligently together to help get as many HD broadcasts available on our local television schedule,” said Stars President Jeff Cogen. “Our goal is to get as many of our games in HD that is possible. We’re pleased that we can offer 50 of our games in HD to our fans this season.”

Added Jon Heidtke, Sr. V.P. and general manager of FOX Sports Southwest, “We appreciate working with the Stars and Sony to deliver more high-definition Stars games than ever before. Sports fans keep asking for more sports programming in HD. As more television homes upgrade to high-definition, we will continue to meet that demand and increase our HD commitment.”

The HD schedule of Dallas Stars games for the remainder of 2008-09 season:

Dec. 5 vs. Colorado (FSSW)
Dec. 10 vs. Phoenix (FSSW)
Dec. 12 vs. Detroit (FSSW)
Dec. 16 vs. Phoenix (FSSW)
Dec. 18 vs. Columbus (FSSW)
Dec. 20 @ Ottawa (My27)
Dec. 23 @ Toronto (My27)
Dec. 27 vs. Anaheim (FSSW)
Dec. 29 vs. San Jose (FSSW)
Dec. 31 vs. New Jersey (FSSW)
Jan. 8 @ Detroit (My27)
Jan. 10 @ Phoenix (FSSW)
Jan. 15 vs. Buffalo (FSSW)
Jan. 17 vs. Los Angeles (FSSW)
Jan. 19 @ Tampa Bay (FSSW)
Jan. 27 vs. Atlanta (FSSW)
Jan. 29 @ Detroit (FSSW)
Feb. 3 vs. Calgary (FSSW)
Feb. 5 @ Colorado (FSSW)
Feb. 6 vs. NY Rangers (FSSW)
Feb. 11 vs. Phoenix (FSSW)
Feb. 13 vs. Vancouver (FSSW)
Feb. 19 vs. Edmonton (FSSW)
Feb. 21 vs. Chicago (FSSW)
Feb. 26 vs. St. Louis (FSSW)
Feb. 28 vs. Anaheim (FSSW)
Mar. 1 vs. Pittsburgh (FSSW)
Mar. 3 @ San Jose (FSSW)
Mar. 5 @ Los Angeles (FSSW)
Mar. 8 vs. Montreal (FSSW)
Mar. 12 vs. Carolina (My27)
Mar. 14 vs. Minnesota (FSSW)
Mar. 21 @ San Jose (FSSW)
Mar. 24 vs. Vancouver (FSSW)
Mar. 26 vs. Los Angeles (FSSW)
Mar. 28 vs. Florida (FSSW)
Apr. 2 vs. Calgary (FSSW)
Apr. 4 vs. St. Louis (FSSW)
Old 12-04-2008, 12:22 PM   #108
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The computers at the NHL do that when a player is suspended. The web site rosters are all standardized data that comes from the NHL centrally.

Everyone be sure to read this:

http://tsn.ca/columnists/james_duthie/?id=258309

That pretty much says it all.
Dang...that's stunning.

As an outside though, I will say that some of that reeks of people trying to find someone to blame for a terrible season so far.

I dunno, maybe hockey's different, but the idea that team mates would be ready to run someone out of town because he keeps to himself and pops off to reporters seems strange.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:31 PM   #109
92bDad
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Dang...that's stunning.

As an outside though, I will say that some of that reeks of people trying to find someone to blame for a terrible season so far.

I dunno, maybe hockey's different, but the idea that team mates would be ready to run someone out of town because he keeps to himself and pops off to reporters seems strange.

Agree, this is a bit strange, but as I am NOT in the locker room, nor do I spend time with any of these guys...my only thought is that Avery must be a real jerk as it relates to a team concept.

Think about it, have we ever heard this much dislike for a player on a team? T.O., Pacman, Rodman, Ocho-Cinco...even ole John Rocher (SP?)...This is the first time that I have seen nearly everyone on the team make public comments that essentially tell the fans, we don't want this guy around here.

Looks like Avery will become the NHL's sloppy seconds...
Old 12-04-2008, 12:36 PM   #110
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I know it seems that way thig, but I don't think these guys are blaming their struggles on Avery.

Maybe I'm too close to it, but I think they just see an opportunity to get rid of something they consider to be a cancer in their room, and they are rolling with it hard.

Hockey players never throw each other under the bus like that so I can only imagine how much they detest his presence in the room. They've all been completely mum on it up until now. I had no idea they felt that way and I consume every single bit about this team that I can.

Regarding the HD broadcasts...glad to see they mixed in a couple of road games. That's....38 of 57 remaining in HD. Not bad.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:07 PM   #111
Smiles
Diamond Member

It appears that no one is "off limits" in Sean's eyes (when it comes to his comments, I mean). He doesn't (can't?) control his mouth.

My speculation is that he might have made comments about people the other players (even organization?) hold dear (or at least respect).

I could be completely wrong.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:37 PM   #112
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

it's the avery curse. first the mavs, now the stars. the rangers avoided steve, now the 'boys need to stay away from donnie.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:27 AM   #113
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Another dead arena tonight. Still there was fun to be had and Marty played like Marty. 2-1 Stars win!

What a crazy week for the Dallas Stars.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:30 AM   #114
Caseman
Golden Member

Glad we got that damn shootout schnide off our backs. That was annoying losing at something we've usually dominated at.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:44 AM   #115
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Did they say anything on the broadcast about that first Avs shootout goal?

It looked to me like his forward momentum had stopped completely when he reached the goal. He then stopped, and turned his body the other way to shoot the puck....I thought you had to do it all in the act of your forward momentum in a continuous.....ah screw it!
Old 12-06-2008, 01:55 AM   #116
Caseman
Golden Member

Quote:
Did they say anything on the broadcast about that first Avs shootout goal?

It looked to me like his forward momentum had stopped completely when he reached the goal. He then stopped, and turned his body the other way to shoot the puck....I thought you had to do it all in the act of your forward momentum in a continuous.....ah screw it!
Turco was arguing to the ref (as R&R mentioned) that he might of stopped forward progress, but I guess the ref disagreed. Perdy goal reguardless.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:20 PM   #117
Smiles
Diamond Member

http://stars.nhl.com/

Nice article by Ralph.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:51 PM   #118
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

You scared me Smiles. I saw that you posted and I immediately thought "What press release for what horribly maimed/injured Stars player is she posting?"
Old 12-09-2008, 01:30 PM   #119
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I don't know if any of you guys are listening to the Ticket right now but this is gotta be one of the coolest segments they've ever done.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:06 PM   #120
92bDad
Platinum Member

I'll be at the game tomorrow night...the 1st of the Holiday 4 pack!!!

Nose Bleed Cheap seats...but nevertheless, It's Hockey Time!!!

Anyone else going?

Tags
dallas stars, fluff the tragic dragon, fluff trick, fluffleupagus, fluffy banter, stick and fluff